Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM

So who here really, really likes puzzles?

Puzzle Adventure Games were the first genre I really ever got hooked on because seven year old me was apparently a masochist. I had entire notebooks of what now would look like incomprehensible gibberish dedicated to trying to figure that stuff out, but I always persisted because that feeling of figuring something out was just incredible.

I first got introduced to the genre by an uncle who bought me Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis because I was obsessed with those movies. He then quickly became my main supplier and introduced me to fantastic series such as Myst, Monkey Island, King's Quest, Quest for Glory... I could go on and on, really. Those games ended up shaping a lot of my childhood and their marks continue to leave a lasting impression on who I am today.

I started getting all nostalgic about these when I recently went a little crazy on steam and bought a bunch of those classics I haven't seen in years. Most of them I haven't played in over a decade and I can't wait to experience them all over again. It will be interesting to approach them with the eyes of a more experienced gamer/puzzler.

It'll certainly be a lot less frustrating.

... Probably.