ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM

Mostly it's all the hidden fees, little games they make us play, and the state of the facilities. Which, really, is a lot.

At this moment I'm not too hyped about staying here for grad school, but we'll see. There's nowhere else in Colorado that's a better choice.

Frankly I kinda just want to move and plop my ass on the coast somewhere. Like Florida. Where there are colors other than brown. But that would be expensive, so I'll stay for now. I still love my mountains, I just wish it'd freaking rain more than once a year.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Come out here Ely XD
you know you want to, it's raining gently with a little fog right now. It's not really that expensive out here, or Washington for that matter

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM

*grumbles* No faiiir, chu no how to push my buttons. >.>

Me getting tired of Colorado is still pretty new. I'm not sure if it's a phase yet. On the one hand I don't want to leave the mountains, but on the other I'm kinda tired of being land locked.

I think at one point in my life I'm going to need to live somewhere else for awhile. Just three years or so.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 08:32 AM

then collage sounds like the perfect excuse. Besides, we still have mountains there's just a ocean on the other side of them instead of Utah... XD
Plus you'll always visit home, and like you said you always can go back.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM

Yeah, I've been starting to think about that what with grad school approaching in the next couple years, but I'm not sure I want to pay that kind of tuition. I just need to see where life takes me. I find that if I think too far into the future it just gives me panic attacks over nothing.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM

yes, no one can say what the future holds, and I do know once you start developing a career your first few years are going to have to be devoted to it, schools one of your last chances to have fun I kinda feel like. I will say that moving while in school is also good because normally it A gives you lots of peer interaction to make friends quickly. B it's easy to find stuff you need around campus and explore from there once your settled.
Or you could always go east coast to? I dunno I will say I love the ocean and the weather it brings XD

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Yeah, for sure, for sure. I know I probably don't want to end up in the south, and I also know I'd rather be in dry Colorado than in the freezing ass North-East.

I might just be wanting to travel, too. I'm not altogether sure what this feeling I'm having lately is. Whether it's wanderlust or full on get the hell out of here mood.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed after this next round of posts.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM

No worries Ely, pre goodnights XD

I though you and your family were going to take a real cruise?

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 AM

Yeah we are. We just booked a three night cruise to the Bahamas, and four nights in a Disney resort/Disney World tickets over my 21st birthday this May. :) I've been working on getting passports, but had to put it on hold last Tuesday after I started studying for these tests.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 09:21 AM

well don't wait to long, or they'll will make you pay the rush fee

menies

though that does sound like a nice vacation.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 AM

I'm not that worried. It takes 2 1/2 weeks to get a passport in my town, and we have months left.

Anyway, that's it. /sleeps

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 AM

thats good to here two weeks is when they told us to tell people was the rush XD

night!

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Oh man, I know how that feels Elysium! Well...in both ways. I have crippling wanderlust most days, and I'm pretty sure my dance classes are the only thing that keep me at least grounded enough to realize that I can't just take off without at least SOME money. I mean...I could...but stowing away is kinda hard these days with tight security: ESPECIALLY in the DC region oh my lawdy.

But you're totally welcome to come out East Coast with me if ya want, too. Prices are kinda ridiculous, though. I'm thinking I might stay in DC for a while after I graduate with my undergrad and work a couple jobs (get a Zumba Instructor cert. or something and maybe get a museum job) while I work on my arts things (paintings, auditions, taking dance classes...) Then just take off across the world for a bit and do everything. :) Then maybe I'll feel like I can finally take it easy and get myself into some job or something.

I just kind of live in fear that I'll never get to see the rest of the world. Going out and seeing and experiencing it all is just kind of all I've ever wanted to do.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM

@Birdie: Yeah, it's really great. The turn around for passports in my town is infamous.

Really, what I'm worried about is getting my parent's passports. I'm doing the work for them because well...for some reason I kinda want to. *shrugs* But they don't have birth certificates, and my dad legally changed the spelling of his last name. So I might have trouble getting it. But hopefully not, yeah?

I'm actually looking forward to going home tonight and doing work on passports.

@Happy: Yeah, I want to see the world for sure. I just need a good friend or two to do it with me. So many people I know are married at like 20, or earlier already, or have kids, or whatever. And me I'm just like...give me somebody who likes to travel and doesn't want to throw their life away by settling down already. Please, God?

Oh, I can understand the ridiculous pricing to an extent. I live in Colorado and people don't give it credit for how expensive it is here. It's not like California or your DC, of course, but it's definitely expensive if you want to live in the more populated towns.

And yeah, I live in that fear a bit, too. I can't even comprehend wasting youth (or any part of life) never wandering and traveling some. Can't imagine wanting kids this young, either. Cause life is pretty well done when you have kids.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM

haha I mean, I wouldn't say it's done when you have kids, either. But for most people, that's when they decide to put their suits on and get jobs that will afford them a nice house and all that great "american dream" stuff. Which is all fine and dandy, never had an issue with people who did do that. But I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't jealous of the people who grew up in the Maryland Ren Fair community, or those kids who's parents were able to work in the Foreign Service, and there are plenty of families who just travel all over because they think it's good for the kids to see.

But I dunno. I've moved a fair number of times, and for some reason it still has never been enough for me. I was happy when we got to finish high school in the same place we started because I REALLY did not want to be "the new kid" during that period. Now I just want to take off around the world and just staying in one place for college is hard enough. I've already transferred twice and NEARLY transferred again to Portland (with another major-change, had I gone through with it), half for the heck of it and half to get as far as possible from my father while he was busy sabotaging my mother. Almost wish I had, too, if only for the sake of having all those new experiences... I just couldn't stand the thought of still being in school for another 2-3 years.

Oh, but to have kids young? NO way. It'd be an absurdity if I even got married or had kids of my own. I'd certainly consider adoption and/or foster care if I found myself in a position where that was possible...but I really can't see myself having kiddos of my own. 'Specially considering everything that's...involved...with that.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Yeah, no, it's not completely done, but when you have kids it's my opinion that it's best for most of them to live in a steady environment. So moving around isn't good, and changing jobs isn't good, and doing things like art, or living in little apartments won't cut it (not that I'm really interested in living in apartments, though), because kids do deserve a nice house with a lawn to play in and what not. And honestly, you can't really travel with kids till they're ten or so, especially not to different countries or to places that aren't big theme parks and resorts because they just can't/don't want to hack it or enjoy it.

I'm not a college jumper, it would just waste too much money, and one of my biggest dreads is having a 100,000 dollars worth of college loans. I'd rather just travel in the summers than do that. I mean, would I like to be away from home and living it up with friends and junk, uh yeah...but I'd rather be able to buy a house instead of spending thousands of dollars just to live out of state or in a cruddy apartment. I'm okay with the way it is now, kinda, just because I know I don't have a house to worry about or leases to worry about and stuff. If I want to live in England for a semester I can.

Lolz. The process of childbirth absolutely petrifies me. Seriously, you should see my face when I have to watch childbirth vids in classes or whatever. So I don't know. I may or may not have children. It all depends on a lot of stuff. I won't say no, and I certainly won't say yes. I have no idea at this point, other than that I'd really suck at raising a kid right now.

My parents were way older than most when they had me, so people who have kids young really disturb me. While I don't want to have kids as late as they did (they didn't choose that anyway), I don't even want to think about it right now. I still feel like a kid myself.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 PM

I mean, I guess I'm just of differing opinion because of the kind of life I've had? There's actually a lot of pressure for people who can't afford to live in a nice house to do so anyway. There's a lot of pressure to give kids lots of nice things and such. And I mean, I think it's great for kids whose parents CAN afford to do that and to live in a nice house. Personally, I'd have taken a small apartment, and fewer "things" over what we currently have. But it is what it is, I guess.

But I do agree that children, at the very least in the earlier years, do need stability. At least in one way or another. At least stability in familial support if nothing else is possible.

I can't even imagine having a kid as young as some people do. My parents were pretty average age, so I guess it doesn't affect me like it does to you. I just...have a difficult time working around how they even DO it. But I've also been friends with some wonderful young mothers who are probably mainly able to do it because they come from a large supportive family or something. I sure as hell know that if I came home pregnant -- well, first off I think my mom would just die of laughter because I'm probably the last person in the world you'd expect to get pregnant -- but IF that somehow happened through divine power or something, my mom would tell me to take of that child myself. Which would be absolutely impossible unless I dropped out of school, worked excessive hours (which is already terrible for having a child) and lived in a tiny apartment without any extra amenities not provided by the apartment complex in the rent.

But I mean, I pretty much am still a kid in a lot of ways. I still tell people I'm 5, much to my mother's unsurprised dissatisfaction.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 PM

lol YAY I got someone that likes to travel XD
and no kids of me no thank you XD

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM

LOL How are you doing, Birdie?

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM

I was sick the day they showed the video where a kid was being born sob this one annoying kid kept chanting "Keep watching, keep watching!" I was like "Of course I am. God." And then it was terrifying. They need THAT as sex ed.

I would like to adopt though.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 PM

I'm good but I also just woke up XD How much can go wrong before you get out of bed?

Adopting is awesome. :) There are TONS of kids out there who really need good homes.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 PM

mhm! That's also why I'd rather be a Foster parent. Lots of kids, especially the older ones, get put through so much and if I could provide a safe space for them without fear of getting kicked out on their 18th birthday, I would absolutely love to.

When we watching the birthing video in class, I couldn't get over the fact that the guy birthing the baby had a devil tattoo on his arm. I was like "that would so not fly over at any hospitals here, I'm sure of it"

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 PM

Exactly. Plus they can already talk and go to the bathroom by them selves XD

lol I dunno as long as he was being professional I probably wouldn't care but yeah.... are long sleeved scrubs really so bad?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM

I dunno. I mean, I guess it makes sense to have short-sleeved in the birthing room. Messy business and all... I just think it's funny.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 PM

All the more reason I would want to be covered!
In like.... a hazmat suit XD