Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 AM

Yeah, mine's pretty much on silent all the time. Doesn't matter where I am haha.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 02:27 AM

Happy new years, peoples. Any resolutions?

I turn my phone volume off if I need it silent. I never do vibrate. Just as noisy as the ringer sometimes. My brother actually had his phone go off in church once, while it was on vibrate. I clearly heard it vibrating, though probably not many people did. Most of the people in the church heard him say, "Shit!" as he went to turn it off.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-02-2010, 02:35 AM

Happy New Year Project Mene!

I don't make resolutions. I don't like the guilt associated with feeling as if I hadn't lived up to the resolutions I set. So years ago I gave up stressing myself out over it and just decided to float along on my usual Type B behavior. :B

You guys don't even want to know my sleep schedule. xD

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 02:35 AM

No resolutions here. I never keep them haha.

My vibrate is quiet. Unless it's on a hard surface, you wouldn't really hear it. So it works for me to just leave it on vibrate because I can feel it if it's in my pocket (where it usually is). I've had my phone go off in class before though when I was in high school. I used to use songs as ringtones then before I gave up on them and just stuck with my T-Jingle. I was always embarrassed though because I never had the best song choice and people laughed at me haha.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 02:40 AM

I like resolutions, though my theory is that they're never kept because it's not only socially acceptable to not keep them but also fully expected.

Of course, I've always been an all or nothing kind of person. I've regularly given things throughout my life, including soda in 9th grade, little debbie snacks in 10th grade and meat my freshmen year of college.

My resolutions are, one, to write at least one page of fiction each day. Doesn't have to be good, but I want to keep in practice. Even though writing is a big part of my job, I feel like I don't write what I want to write nearly enough. And two, to start a regular running program, which is something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I'm not expecting to immediately run a mile, but I'd like to build up my endurance and maybe run in the 10K next October.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 02:45 AM

I'm better about giving things up for myself than for a resolution. I know when I gave up soda, I did it for Lent, and I'm not even catholic haha. Everyone thought I was stupid for giving something up for a religious holiday sort of thing that I don't even follow haha.

I think if anything, my resolutions tend to be more personal than physical.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 02:54 AM

I believe in setting real, measurable goals, but small ones that are achievable. I think a lot of people make the mistake of giving cigarettes or all sweets in one day, and then after one time messing up give up completely.

One thing about myself that I'd like to change is to stop procrastinating, but that can't be measured and it's awfully big and unlikely to happen all at once considering that it's a bad habit I've nurtured for years. So, instead I say I want to write one page a day. I feel like if I can get in the habit of doing that, then I can build towards better things.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 03:27 AM

I think people really get too ambitious with their resolutions each year. They set unrealistic goals that can't possibly be achieved by just saying that they want to give something up or be better at something. When they set these resolutions, the need to have a path set in mind. I like that you set a reasonable goal Cami, deciding to write a page a day because that is something that actually works. Because how hard is it to write a page a day? If you actually had an idea for a book, you could write a page a day for that book and have a book written in a year.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 AM

Exactly my thinking. I used to write two pages a day back in college, but fell out of the habit.

My parents just got a webcam, so I was helping them install it, as well as Skype. They want to be able to see my baby nephew on a regular basis.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 03:52 AM

Awe, that's cute! I still haven't figured out how to use my webcam on my macbook. I mean, I do know how to use it, but it doesn't work for MSN messenger. I think its only for iChat, but I never set that up haha.

Anyways, I've got to go and get ready to go over to a friends. I've got to "sober" up before she gets here to pick me up. That's why I got to sleep in so utterly late today probably. Thank god I only drink once a year. The party we had here last night was too small for all the alcohol we had so I'm finishing it because I'm the only good drunk in my family. I pretty much keep the same mind-frame and attitude the whole time and they're not quite as rational as me.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 03:53 AM

I drank an entire bottle of sparkling white grape juice. D: All by myself.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 AM

XDD

I love sparkling juices. They're delicious. I like the Apple Cranberry Martinelli's stuff. So good. I'm not a big fan of grape though.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-02-2010, 03:58 PM

I adore sparkling grape juice. XD Which results in a lot of funny glances and people asking how old I am.

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Haha. People think it's champagne?

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM

Sparkling... grape juice? o_O;;
Interesting. xDD;;

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-02-2010, 07:04 PM

xD
Sparkling Cider is amazing. Sparkling peach... not so much.
My parents would buy them so that the kids didn't feel left out when wine/ beer was brought out.

Rylynne

Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 PM

I prefer cider to beer though. D:
I'm still acquiring the taste of beer. =\
*totally ignores the fact that she drank a whole lot of beer tonight due to being poor*

Why is beer so cheap and hard drinks so expensive?! D; </3

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-02-2010, 08:02 PM

Ryl, my fiance is the same exact way, hates beer, LOVES cider xD

Mike's Hard Lemonade came out with a spiced apple drink ;O

IT TASTED LIKE APPLE DONUT FILLING :drool:

Rylynne

Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Can't say I love cider though. xDD;;
I'm a vodka girl through and through. >;P <3<3

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Lol. I like some flavored vodkas, but not straight.

I love wine coolers and smirnoff :drool:

And I'm a total lightweight, so it's not like I have to spend much either way xD

*Hime*

Old 01-02-2010, 08:29 PM

O MY GOSH! CLOSED EYES! :drool:
When did that happen :o

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 PM

HIME YOUR Z IS BACKWARDS D:

lol

*Hime*

Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Lol. I'm a reflection xD

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM

OHNOES HIME IS TRAPPED IN A MIRROR D:

I wish Nero's robes had more colors ;_;

Like... if they had a section in 52... :drool:

Seiki Nova

Old 01-02-2010, 09:41 PM

I don't really like alcohol. I'll drink it, but its nasty. And I hate hate hate the taste of beer. I wouldn't drink that if I was begging for something to drink haha.

Closed eyes look weird >>