Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-06-2011, 06:19 PM

{{Alrighy~}}

Meline examined him. "That still isn't a good enough reason to not come when I called." she stated. It shouldn't have been hard for Aubrey to sait his blood lust the come to her. Unless, of course, he had other reasons to stay away. And she was going to find out what it was that he was hiding.

The Shadow Walkers saw you with somebody. Why could you not having taken their blood then return with them? Why did you let him leave when he clearly knew what you were, while he isn't one of us?" she asked.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-06-2011, 06:27 PM

Aubrey sighed. Meline had always been so strict with him, how hypocritical of her. "You may be my sire, but you are not my friend anymore. I don't need to obey your every command anymore either. After two decades I'm finally coming into my own." He paced a little, before demonstrating his growing powers by dismissing a shadow walker to it's bode once more. He inclined his head once more, and left the victorian house.

Aubrey had decided to break away from her quite some time ago. Damien's appearance had simply been the catalyst. Hoping onto his motorcycle, Aubrey drove to his home and apartment. He wanted to make sure he was inside upset as he was he would have a hard time remembering to hide away when the sun rose.

Watching him leave Meline sighed. He was indeed able to take care of himself. But there were others, more powerful then she who might want to capture an angel, for she knew that was what he had been speaking with. Angels and vampires did not mix well for the most part, and to be able to capture one would be a quest many would want to undertake.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-06-2011, 07:35 PM

Damien spotted Aubrey as the boy was driving home. He was completely relieved to see that he was unharmed. Though he didn't like the fact that he was driving a motorcycle. It would be to easy for him to get hurt on it. He followed him into his apartment, still invisible.

He took a few minutes to look around the place. It wasn't to bad, considering he's seen worse on the other side of the world. Before he would reveal himself, he wanted to make sure that Aubrey wasn't going to attack him again. He really didn't want for that to happen. Plus, he should probably be heading back soon. As much as he didn't want to. The only reason not to would be if he was with one of his charges. And he just checked on them. So he couldn't use that excuse.

And since he knew the sun was about to rise, he needed to appear soon. So he stepped a few feet in front of Aubrey and became visible again, his wings vanishing. "Are you alright?" he asked, clearly concerned.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 PM

After removing his jacket, helmet and boots, Aubrey had gone to find his sleeping things. It was when he'd been returning to the living room that Damien appeared. With a sigh, the vampire sat down on the couch and patted the spot beside him. "Considering everything, I'm as well as could be." His green eyes flicked up to meet the angel's blue ones. "I thought you'd left." A hint of some darker emotion ran trough Aubrey's voice as he spoke.

Leaning back into the read leather of the couch, he tilted his head and closed his eyes. Brown hair falling down to his shoulders in an attractive disarray, the vampire became aware of the sun approaching. Two hours until the doom of his kind would arise. He wanted to fall asleep then, but forced himself to stay awake with a sigh as he opened his eyes again to regard the ceiling. His room with it impenetrable curtains was the safest place for him to sleep.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Damien was relieved that Aubrey didn't attack him again. So he gladly took a seat by him on the couch. "I told you I'd be back, didn't I." he said. He wasn't ever going to abandon the boy again. There wasn't a force in the world that could make him.

He examined him for a moment. Aubrey really did seem fine. Which meant his sire didn't hurt him. So that was good. "I promise I won't ever abandon you again." he told him. He felt that it needed to be stated, rather than just kept in his head. Plus, with it said out loud, it would be easier for him to keep. And Damien needed Aubrey to know it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Aubrey laughed wryly. "Don't make promises you can't keep." He shifted in his place so he could see the white clad man clearly. He really was an angel, and it was horrible for Aubrey. The vampire was realizing that his greatest friend, was dead, was on another plane completely then he. There were things he wanted to say, actions he wanted to take back and hurtful words he wished he had never said.

His gaze softened as Aubrey smiled genuinely this time. "Then again, I really don't want you to leave at all." Regrets would be for later, Aubrey was just glad he had a friend again. The others of his kind were cruel for he most part, and he admitted that he could be the same way too. A few exceptions existed, but Aubrey had never met them.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 PM

Of course he was going to keep his promise. Damien said he would. No matter the consequences. It just wasn't worth seeing Aubrey getting hurt. "I will be here as long as you need me." he told him. He smiled him, glad to be spending time with him again.

"Though I will have to leave every now and then to take care of my charges. I can't let them get hurt. Not again." he said, his mind automatically going back to that night. It was also the night he had been reassigned. He wasn't going to make that mistake again.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Face falling, Aubrey tried to think of what night it could have been. Or if it had anything to do with him at all. "It was something that happened to me wasn't it?" turning his head the vampire began wondering what the angel would look like during the afternoon, with the sun glinting in his hair. The thought surprised him, all the more so because it was impossible.

Closing his eyes briefly, Aubrey stood and went to slip into his loose plaid pyjama bottoms in his room. He wore no shirt to sleep, feeling completely safe in his home. At the same time he knew a thin layer of clothing would do nothing to protect him from the sunlight, so he didn't bother. Returning to sit beside Damien, he smiled at him. "They're lucky to have you protecting them, even if they don't know it." He laughed, knowing that Damien had broken a few rules in the past to speak with him. For certainly he hadn't been supposed to know him at all, even as an imaginary friend.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:34 PM

Damien was a bit surprised by the question. He shook his head. "No. It had nothing to do with you, Aubrey." he told him. It was one of his other charges that had gotten hurt. And he would never be able to forget it. Not as long as he lived.

He watched as the other got up and went into a room. He waited patiently for him to return and smiled a bit at him. His smile grew at what Aubrey told him. "Maybe. Though there are times when I don't feel lucky to be the one protecting them." he said. No matter what happens to his charges, he would be there to protect them in an instant. No matter how much he wished he could have a bit of time to himself. Though he knew that he wouldn't when he became a Guardian Angel. This was what he wanted.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Aubrey yawned, and stretched unintentionally placing an arm around the angel's shoulders. Tough when he did realize what he had done, the vampire simply smiled to himself and pulled him close. "They are lucky, so terribly lucky, to have your attention always on them," murmured the vampire. He didn't dare push it, not after what had happened earlier that same night. Still smiling, he released the Damien and went about checking the blinds.

There could be no stray beam of sunlight allowed to enter his home, if he intended to stay up later then usual. It was definitely a risk, but after so long spent alone without any kind of true companionship Aubrey didn't want it to end so soon. Young by vampire years, he was still just as lonely as the people who had lived for thousands of years. Painful thoughts, of not being able to see hi family always assailed him at every turn.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Damien didn't notice at first when Aubrey's arm went around him. When he did, his face turned a light pink. But it was barely noticeable. He smiled a bit at what he said. That did make him feel better. "I'm doing my best to keep them safe." he said.

He watched as Aubrey got up and checked the blinds. He was going to ask what he was doing, then Damien remembered that the boy was a vampire now. Which meant no more sunlight. That sucked. The sunlight was one of his personal favorite things about being on Earth. And he really hated the fact that it was taken from Aubrey. Though there wasn't anything he could do about it now.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-08-2011, 09:46 PM

Returning to his seat, Aubrey still had that same smile on his face. Mischievously he bent towards Damien and kissed his cheek lightly, lingered a few moments, then backed away. "Satisfy my curiosity, and tell me what might make an angel fall." It was more then simply curiosity, he wanted to make sure he never caused Damien to lose his wings. If consorting with a vampire was enough, he would leave and hide away so as never to be found again.

Ruefully he smiled, and moved away from the angel. All emotions that he hadn't felt in quite some time. They were tumbling trough him, making the vampire's heart ache. Sadness, longing, he was used to those. The trembling warm emotions that he had once felt every day had been gone from his life, but now they were trying to make a triumphant return.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2011, 09:50 PM

Damien blushed lightly again when he kissed his cheek. Then he smiled at Aubrey when the boy returned to the couch. He thought about the question. "Well... There are several things. All of which I've seen happen before. One, is when an Angel falls for one of their charges. It has happened. Another is consorting with the darkness." he said. Though he didn't want to say that, knowing it might make Aubrey disapper.

He wasn't sure if he could deal with that if Aubrey would disappear. He had gone to long without him. And he had to know that he was going to be alright. Though he knew that he shouldn't care so much. And that it could make him lose his wings. Bt he found himself not really caring.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Sighing, shaking his head, Aubrey's fingers began tapping an angry rhythm against the couch. His eyes searched out Damien's, pleading for something. It was so strange, to feel so insecure, and yet that was what had happened. Angrily he stood, and began pacing again. Each foot fall strengthening his unspoken decision. "Leave," said the vampire simply as he stopped to face Damien.

His brown eyes had hardened, and resembled two lifeless chunks of rock. He would not let his only friend lose what he held dear because of him. Passing a hand trough his messy hair, the vampire sighed angrily. Never, Aubrey would never gain what he wanted. Because he wanted Damien, and could not ever tell him that. It was a sudden realization, but one that rang true trough his whole being.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Damien could tell that Aubrey was upset about something. But he wasn't sure what. Until he heard what the boy said. Leave?! He didn't want to leave! "What? You want me to leave? Why? What did I do?" he asked, completely confused.

He really was confused. He had told Aubrey that he wasn't going to leave him. So that meant that Damien wasn't going to leave him alone again. No matter what he said. So, no matter what he said, he was going to stay. Even if that meant becoming invisible. No matter what it took.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM

Angrily Aubrey motioned with his hands violently. "It's nothing that you did, but what might happen!" His eyes were burning now, full with everything he was feeling. His friend, his only true friend, and there was no way that they could be such a thing. It would destroy them both.

Frustrated he moved to lean over Damien, one head on either side of his head. The vampire bent down and kissed him on the mouth, pressing hard against the other with all the frustration that he felt. When he pulled back, the anger he felt had fallen to be replaced with worry. "I don't want you to fall because of me," whispered Aubrey. His eyes searched out Damien's begging him to understand what he was saying. Aubrey had no restraint, if Damien stayed Aubrey would never be able to let him go, but rather keep the angel to himself selfishly.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 PM

What did he mean, what might happen? Damien wasn't understanding what Aubrey meant by that. He was more confused by the boy's sudden anger. It wasn't like he had done anything wrong. So it was making him extremely confused about all of this.

Damien was even more surprised when Aubrey kissed him. The angel's face turned red as the vampire spoke again. Now he understood why he wanted to leave. But that didn't mean that he wanted to. "Oh... Well... If that's what you want, then I'll go." he said, standing. "But I will be back. Just know that." With that said, he turned invisible to Aubrey, but didn't really leave.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-08-2011, 11:53 PM

Sighing, the brown eyed man closed his eyes. Day had risen and staying awake with such raging emotions was nearly impossible. Carefully Aubrey walked to his room, and opened the door with great care. He didn't want to break anything by accident, even as upset and perturbed as he was. The room was pitch black, but like day for the vampire. Pulling back the soft blankets from his bed, Aubrey curled up under them. His hair fell around his face, softly framing it as his eyes fluttered closed. Once asleep the young looking man appeared to be dead for all intents and purposes, with the peace on his face that was said to adorn the bodies of people who had died in their sleep.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-09-2011, 12:02 AM

Damien followed him silently. He would stay here as long as he was able. A few hours at the least. So that's what he did. He watched over him as he slept before he headed back to his own home. He was exhausted. Which was unusual for him. Normally, he didn't sleep much. Angels didn't get tired to often. But every now and then it happened. Luckily, none of his charges needed him at the moment. He slept for another few hours before one did. He awoke and went to help him. Then he returned to check on Aubrey.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM

A soft moan escaped him, a rarity. Vampires as a rule did not dream, usually. It had to be some very strong dream, in this case a nightmare. It was horrible, Damien being ripped away. The angel with bleeding wings, blaming him for losing everything. Damien, always Damien, repeating over and over again that he hated him, that he never wanted to see him again. Torn, broken, ripped apart everything separating them. Pure darkness, making even Aubrey blind so that he could not see the white light that swelled in his heart at the thought of the angel.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Damien could tell that Aubrey was having a bad dream. And he instantly wanted to help him. He lightly rested his hand on the boy's forehead and focused his energy on purifying his thoughts and dreams. He hated that the vampire seemed to be hurting. He wanted to take away his pain. In anyway possible. The angel knew that he would be able to take the pain into himself. He just had to focus as hard as he could. So that was what he did.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Drifting off into a dreamless sleep now, the vampire rested for the last few hours of the day with no more trouble. When Aubrey awoke that evening, he was refreshed, but disturbed by his dreams. He could remember them only vaguely and for some reason he knew that someone had been there to help him get past the troubles they had caused him. Shaking his head he yawned and stood. Quickly he changed into a pair of dark blue jeans and a dark red dress shirt.

Frowning a little he left his room to flip trough a newspaper. There were a few interesting tidbits, and a few articles that caught his eye. A concert here, an open mic night there... Having fed the night before still hadn't completely quenched his thirst. In order to prevent being caught up in the need to feed, Aubrey was determined to find himself some prey with nice sweet blood, and filling too. He would have to find more then once, because he didn't want to drain any person dry, not ever.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Damien watched Aubrey sleep for the rest of the night. The angel was so glad he could help him, even if it was in a small way. And even though the vampire told him to leave. He never said not to come back though. When Aubrey awoke, Damien made sure he was invisible before going to the other room to wait for him.

Leaning against a wall, he watched as Aubrey went through a newspaper. It had been a long time since he himself had even read one. Damien was sure that a lot has changed. He waited another moment before becoming visible. "Hey. Did you sleep well?" he asked, a bit curious. And he would also like to know what it was that Aubrey was dreaming about that was bothering him so much earlier.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Raising an eyebrow Aubrey smirked. "I slept like the dead." A joke, and one he thought was quite funny and appropriate. He appeared unaffected by the reappearance of the angel, when all he wanted to do was make Damien leave and never come back. At the same time, he never wanted him to leave again.

Sighing, then standing, the vampire stretched with a yawn. "I need to go out hunting now, it you'll excuse me." Aubrey made his way to his entryway, and grabbed his leather jacket. He never went anywhere without it. This was the only remnant he had kept from his human life. It was old and worn, and considered very sentimental from the viewpoint of other vampires.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM

Damien could tell that what Aubrey said was a joke, but he didn't find it very funny. Why would he joke about that? It didn't make sense to him. He watched as the vampire grabbed a leather jacket. Sure it was worn, but it still seemed nice. Though it wasn't like the angel could ever have one of them.

He was silent for another moment, just watching him. Then went over to him and lightly grabbed Aubrey's arm. "Wait.. Before you go.. Can you tell me what you were dreaming about? It seemed like it was distressing you." he asked. He really needed to know so that he could make sure the boy didn't ever have a dream like it again.