Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 11-08-2013, 07:00 PM

(sorry she was originally a native american and i would have said Indian but that could have been misinterpreted too so i just changed it to shape shiftier lol)

"You don't have to know someone to kill and steal from them." Taigi said to them in a low voice, letting them know just how serious she was about it all, considering the couldn't exactly see the dangerous glint in her eyes since she was trying to stay hidden from view. Her teals eyes looked them over once more, before shoving the male away from her, still holding the stick in a threatening manner, though now that the had a better look at her. Covered in leather, gems, feathers, fur, and a white mask tied to her hip, she sure was an odd sight.

"One may appear to be civilized but that does not mean they are. Those that may appear to not be civilized may surprise you and be very civilized." she said to them, standing up as tall as she could be, tapping her foot slightly as she thought for a few moments. Her eyes snapping to the female, before looking back at the male. "I do not feel the need to know your business as it is no concern to me. I only need to know if your intentions concern killing and robbing. If they do not then i shall continue on my way to the castle." she said to them as she smiled innocently to them, which changed her appearance completely from the serious person she had displayed before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Kindness seemed to creep into his eyes as he gazed at the queen, though it was gone as fast as it was shown. After all he knew his place, no matter how much he wanted to comfort her and let her lean on him in her time of need. He couldn't, after all his job was just to watch, protect and do as he is commanded to do by the royal female before him.

"Mi'lady....I beg of you to blame me for this misfortune as it is at fault of us guards letting our guards down." he said to her, sincerely trying to get her to understand that even if she had arrived back to her bed chambers earlier that it still would not have mattered for they should have stopped it or caught them as soon as it happened. That was how he felt about it.

He couldn't help the snort that escaped him, after all he never trusted scholars. What were they good for? Nothing in his opinion, just good for looking things up and refreshing one's memory on history. He felt the only real way to get something done was to walk the beaten path, talk to the locals and learn about their lore, fables, tales on things that happened in their towns and comparing them to get the answer that you seek.

"We need another of my kind....one who recently has come to this realm." he mumbled under his breath, more to himself then to the two females that he was keeping an eye on, though his attention seemed to be else where in the room. "Look here, Tracker. I comb that room personally form sun-up to sun-down back to sun-up. The only thing that was left was the remains of a fea gate. And do not think for a moment that I will let you take advantage of Mi'lady and her generosity into providing what you need for the trip." he said to the female in a strict voice, borderline hostile, but it was clear that he was serious and not joking around as he moved closer to her, his hand gripping his hilt tightly, though he did not need the sword to do damage to someone.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM

"Trust me, killing and stealing is the farthest thing on my mind --Say, do you know if there are any ruins around these parts?" said Rolan, returning her smile as he caught his balance after she pushed him away. Her attire was a bit strange, to say the least, but he didn't see that point of becoming a fashion commentator when he a king to find.

--

"No... the fault lies solely with the fairies in the end. It will do none of us any good to continue to blame ourselves," said Cilina, half trying to reassure herself as well as him. For a moment she entertained finding a way to speak with him privately before they would leave. If I were caught alone with anyone, let alone him, the court would use it to ruin me, she thought, but really, the court could bugger itself for just once for all I care.

"At any right, feel free to take a look around the room if you think it will help, Ceri," she continued on, though she knew that Aritos was right as about the matter; there was little else more than a trace of fairy dust when all was said and done, and the scholar's books shed little light on the matter. I can only think of one person who would know anything... And Vidic exiled him years ago.

"I understand that I am asking no easy feat. If I were, the reward would not be nearly as grand. Perhaps others with more information on entering the Fey Realm will come forward in interest in the reward, or maybe there are people in the city who know more on the matter, but I cannot make any promises on the matter."

A messenger arrived then to deliver her a letter, which she read in silence. A frown crossed her face, and then she returned to attention to them.

"And it seems our time must come to an end, else the king's council tries to start a war or something equally as vapid while I'm here. Look through the room, travel the streets... You have free reign to do as you wish in order to find my husband. With Sir Grey at your side, I have no worries about my kindness being taken advantage of."

((Short Rolan post is short. :U Sorry for the wait!

Last edited by Exaggerated Rebellion; 11-11-2013 at 07:20 AM..

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Ruby shrugged. "Of course I hate killing. And with the stealing? Well," she said, deciding to be kind of honest, "if it ever came to that, I'd only kill someone flithy, stinking rich. Not a traveler." She waved her hand in the air like she was brushing away her last comment. "But like Rolan said, killing and stealing is the last thing on my mind too."

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 PM

Ceri looked at the swordsman and frowned. "I'm sorry but I believe my question was directed at the Queen and not yourself, Sir. Besides, it doesn't matter how many times someone can go over an area, I can still find something they missed. I am a trained tracker, please stick with your chosen area of expertise." Ceri's anger and annoyance was thinly veiled, she hated when men looked down on her for her gender, especially when they had no training like hers. She put her hands on her hips and stared him down, for a split second her eyes turned yellow with a narrow crescent black pupil, but just as quick, they were normal. "As well my name is not Tracker. It's Ceri Lanette. And the amount of provisions I require for this expedition is certainly less that you will. Big hulking brute that you are, I can't imagine how much food you'll eat per day. And lodgings, being a guard in the castle I doubt you could handle sleeping on the ground. Don't presume a damn thing about me Sir Grey, unless you want me to continue making more about yourself. My greatest fear is that your arsenal will slow down your movement speed."

Ceri suddenly flushed with embarrassment and spun towards the Queen. "I apologize over and over again your Majesty for the behavior I had just shown. Like I said, even the smallest trace of Fairy dust can lead to some...interesting discoveries."

The shifter paused as the messenger came in. "Of course my Queen. You'll have your hands busy with the kingdom. I hope to locate and return the King promptly. If someone would be kind enough to be my guide through the castle, I'd rather not track the bed chambers down and poke my nose, accidentally, into things not of my concern.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 11-16-2013, 04:10 PM

I really do need more ladies like her in my court, Cilina thought to herself, having a little trouble hiding an amused smile. At the same time, her sword's and the tracker's attitude with one another didn't fill her with hope, she knew better than to show it. She collected herself then and started to leave then.

"I certainly have no doubt in your abilities, Miss Lanette, and the sheer perception you've shone me today about the situation proves it. There's no need to apologize. Sir Grey is merely being cautious, as he should be in this situation," said she. "And he can surely lead lead you to the chambers or anywhere else in the castle that you require without any trouble. Hopefully you will find something the rest of us missed."

She excused herself then, and made her way to the council chambers. Gods be good to them and their quest...

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Taigi gave him a skeptical look before nodding, reaching a hand up to make sure that her ears were still hidden beneath her hair. Looking between the two as she thought, she was taken a back slightly at the male asking her about ruins. "Why would you be looking for ruins?" she asked him, as she just smiled as if she didn't have a care in the world, Looking towards the female as she spoke to her.

"Rolan and Ruby......I am Taigi. If you do not mind I am heading to the castle." she said to them as she smiled and waved slightly, starting on her way once more, heading towards the city and the castle that could be seen in the distance. She was completely aware of what the other two were doing, and she was not going to hide the fact that she was interested in finding the king, after all she only needed a little bit of money to do what she needed to do and could careless about the rest of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aritos could only bow his head at the words his Queen spoke to him, a smile tugged at his lips, ruining the serious look upon his face. He watched her carefully, catching every subtle look and twitch of the muscles that she made. His hand took hers in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze before kissing the back of it. "Do not worry Mi'lady." he said so that she was the only one who could hear him speak.

A heavy sigh escaped the male, bowing his head once more, he may not approve of everything but he knew that the Queen had her reasons for everything. "We will wait a day to see if anyone else steps forward." he stated to the tracker, his eyes narrowed, jaw clenched as he kept his anger in check.

The black haired male, watched the messenger, moving over to Cilia to block the path, taking the message personally. He turned it ever which way, even sniffing it to make sure it was safe before giving it to the Queen. "Mi'lady.....be careful with the council and others while I am away. They are not on your side like I am." he whispered into her ear before moving over to Ceri as she let her anger get the better of her.

"Just remember tracker I am not just an expert in being a guard." he said to her, his hand on the hilt of his sword once more, he kept his voice at a civilized level, letting the tone or sound of just how dangerous he was creep into his voice. He knew that she did not smell like a human but that did not mean he was afraid of her. He wasn't looking down on the female, after all he knew that the Queen can hold her own, since he did the unthinkable and should her how to protect herself in case him or any of her other guards didn't get to her quick enough. He got a few burns to prove it.

So he was not underestimating Ceri in the least, he may be over estimating her abilities, though his words to her before were to merely state what has already been discovered. To warn her that is she chose to go against the Queen that he would not hesitate to turn on her. Yellow eyes meeting golden red eyes, it seemed as if neither of them were going to back down. Unlike Ceri's eye color, his did not change colors. "Your only mistake is assuming that I am making assumptions about you when your the only one who is doing any such thing." he said to her, a touch of amusement in his voice, as she just said he knew nothing about her and she knew nothing about him.

The tall man bowed to the queen as she started to leave the room, clenching his jaw once more as he thought over something for a few minutes. "As you wish." he said as much as the obedient swordsman that he is. Looking at Ceri once more before he motioned for her to follow, his boots thudding heavily on the freshly mopped floor, not saying a word as he made his way through the maze of hallways

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 11-21-2013, 04:27 AM

Rolan chuckled at what Ruby said about killing someone filthy rich. Trust me, girl, it's not as fun as you'd think, he thought to himself, though he didn't say it aloud. Instead he turned his attention back to the newcomer and said, "Oh, I was just looking for something there. Nothing particularly fancy, really."

"I'd given up, to be honest--I'm heading back to the capital myself, actually. Why don't we all travel together, since we seem to be headed in the same direction?" he continued, following her as the wild woman started to leave.

He hoped to himself that when they did reach the capital, if they reached the capital, that is, that he wouldn't run across any the men that he'd upset in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Pandora's Box

Old 11-24-2013, 12:47 AM

Ruby sighed. This seemed to be turning into a party now. If only she hadn't fallen from the tree, then she would be peacefully traveling alone. "Well, the more the merrier." she said with a lack of enthusiasm. Honestly, now she felt vulnerable and outnumbered, which made her tense. The sooner this trip was over, the better. She had to get some info on the fae portals, or whatever they were called. She thought it was odd that the strange clothed woman, who was only seconds ago holding a sharp stick to Rolan's throat, just walked away casually. People were strange.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 PM

(SOO SORRY!!! x.x)

Ceri tossed her hair off her shoulders with a smirk. She didn't care that he called her on her assumptions. Actually few men did after her eyes changed.... they usually just ran. But Ceri knew he wouldn't have. A Big Bad Guard wouldn't dare.

She waited until after the Queen left, and with a voice filled with amusement "Is Ceri such a hard name to say Sir Grey?"

Ceri followed behind the swordsman. Her soft boots made no noise as she walked in step beside him, only the twinkling of the little bell at her throat.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 11-28-2013, 05:04 PM

Taigi understoood what she meant for going for a rich person but that didn't mean anything, she knew all to well that someone can appear rich but be poor, or appear poor and be rather rich. It just depended on the person.

"Ruins are ruins.....they been ransacked long ago and probably are a base for bandits now." she said to him, not adding that it is also where a fairy gate was, after all she did not want them to go through what she had gone through.

"A good choice....never know what may happen when your not prepare for it." she said to him, smiling to herself as she hummed slightly, listening to everything around them.

"Does as you want it is a free country." she said top him, pulling the bag from her back as she continued down the road, digging in it a few moments before pulling out a piece of dry meat to start to eat. Trying her best to ignore the others as she thought about what she was going to do once to the capital and just how to go about rescuing the King if he really had been fae-napped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aritos didn't move or say a word as he waited for the Queen to leave, once she did he quickly did an about face as he begin to head down the hallway. Letting his heavy boots clink on the floor with a metal clank, his face was hard, and serious looking as his amber eyes looked every where but at the female following close beside him.

"I am only doing this because the Queen has order me to do so. Your only doing this for the money and glory that it will bring you. So forgive me if i am not up to getting to know you or wanting to call you by your name. As soon as this is all over you will be gone from here as quick as you have arrived." he said to her bluntly, his pace speeding up before he stopped, twisting around to face her as he stood out side a slightly grand double doors.

Amber gold eyes looked at her as he thought some things over for a few minutes. "Do not disturb anything or take anything from the room." he said before pushing the door open, it was left the way that it had been when the King was taken, he stood in the door way as he watched and waited to see what she going to do. He wasn't interested in making friends with her, or anyone, he was going to do his job and that was it, why did he need to do anything more. No matter how enticing she was being towards him.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 11-30-2013, 02:42 AM

"Bandits, you say? this far in the middle of nowhere?" said Rolan with a frown. Maybe it was a good thing he'd never found the ruins after all.

Not that it really surprised him; most known portals to the fey realm were isolated from society, and some people were content with making easy money through old fashioned robbing than risk their lives in fey realm. Ronin wondered how many adventurers had met their fates at the end of a sword before him.

He followed Taigi as he thought as this and whistled to himself.

--

While it was apparent that the room had been thoroughly searched earlier, it was also obvious that the room hadn't seen any use since then. The bedroom itself was located deep within the central structure of the castle, and and aside from the main doorway, the only other way out of the room was the now-doorless balcony.

The remains of the balcony door were most obvious sign that the king had been feynapped. It had been a stained glass door once, but it had been reduced to shards of glass splinters. The remains had swept up into a pile near the bed, and at a closer look, there were acorns and silvery dust mixed in the pile.

In addition to that, there was also a great mahogany desk that looked very old and scuffed up, and stood out against the otherwise impeccable furniture in the room. It looked like it had been dragged from one end of the room to the other for some reason.

(( So sorry for the late post! Btw, I figured it'd be fair to give you guys a description of the room. :3

Pandora's Box

Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Ruby's shoulders dropped as she trudged behind the two. She hung back a few feet for safety. She didn't really feel like striking up a conversation, but there was something bugging her. "Any idea how much longer it will take?" she asked. This trip was a total disaster. And she had a striking suspicion that one of them had to be a thief. Which one? She didn't know. It was strange to run across two people on a path, and have neither of them bandits. Then again, she herself was a thief. But not the kind to ambush you on the road.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-09-2013, 03:47 PM

"Yes bandits. Why not? It would be inconvenient for them to have their hide out located around people who could turn them in. Would it not?" Taigi said to him, though she had completely different reason for trying to scare him away from the ruins, maybe what she said was complete bull but the only way to find out was to go to the ruins them selves.

She looked around once more before looking back at the female that was hanging back, being weary of them. She didn't blame her, running into two complete strangers, no one knowing each other at all. All happen to going the same way. It all seemed suspicious but it happened either way.

"Who knows.....traveling tends to take a while." She said to her after a while, coughing a bit before pulling some water out to help with it. Much like the others she was lost in thought, the further they went, the higher the sun got before they finally reached the capitol, this gave her a relieved smile before she stopped to turn back and look at her "companions".

"Well this was awkward. Bye!" she said with a smile on her face before waving as she darted away from them. She moved down the streets, through the crowds, looking everywhere for away to the castle. She couldn't help the lost, helpless feeling that she go, or the panic she was feeling being surrounded by all these humans.