PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 12:38 AM

Verlin flexed his delicate morning glory hued wings. That fall through the trees had them twinging uncomfortably, and now he needed to find someplace safe to stay the night. From the skies the fae had noticed strange carvings in a cliff face. That was where he was headed now, clambering over moss covered roots, and shoving aside low hanging branches all the way.

"Oh why now?" Whined the slender fae. "Today, at last, I could have taken part in the festival ..." It had taken the moonlight haired fae years to gather all the necessary items to participate. A dragon's tear, freely given, a phoenix's feather, a sliver of unicorn horn ... All ways to show that he had truly become a friend to all of nature's beings, which would have given him the right to compete for a mate.

"But I ruined it, I had to ruin it!" Verlin frowned, and then forgot about his worries when he saw the truth of the strange carvings he'd seen.

Delighted by the sight of an elegant castle, dug from the stone cliff face, the fae giggled and ran forward. Despite the twinge of his wings, Verlin ran from room to room. His fingers flitted over dust covered objects in a corner room, of the second floor. This place had shelves upon shelves of things. Shiny things, metal things, glass things and wood. Verlin wanted so badly to snatch what he could, to bring them back to his home.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 AM

He didn't exactly know how long had passed from one day to the next. There was no window in the inner chamber and he couldn't leave the circle. He wore no clothes, but felt neither hot nor cold, and he didn't have the means to eat or drink, but he never grew hungry nor thirsty. Some kind of dark magic was keeping him bound to the circle, and surely anyone would find it to be acceptable---no need to sleep, eat, or even wear clothes, but Devian was horribly bored. he wanted to move, to slip in with the humans or other beings and seduce them the way a true incubus did, and as such his mind was on one thing. A human. Or a human form, at least. Something. That urge was gnawing at him.

He stood and paced around the tight circle he was forced to remain in. He couldn't read these foreign texts but they glowed and gave a flame-colored light to the oval room. He had been summoned some years ago, but now the man that had summoned him was simply gone. So much talk of plans and ideas to grab power using Devian to seduce and control people a little at a time. But he had standards, Devian did, and he hadn't liked the plan the moment it was spoken.

He ran his slender hands over his long, fiery hair and the gently curved horns over his pointed ears. They slid back over his head and came up to curl, and his tail slashed from side to side in annoyance. His summoner had mentioned his being the only thing in the world of his kind, as the demons existed elsewhere and didn't even know of this world. As the beings of this world didn't even know of them. And yet, there was the door, agonizingly close and yet so far away. He couldn't reach it because there was some sort of barrier keeping him where he was. He couldn't even manipulate the circle, though it was created with a sparkling black powder that now glowed white. He needed someone else to break the circle for him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 01:27 AM

After a while, Verlin became bored with the room. Everything was covered with dust, and he didn't feel like having to clean up all of them. Leaving the room, he wandered quietly down the hall. Cobwebs littered the corners, and a dank smell wafted through the air.

The smell made Verlin sneeze as he pushed open one door, and then moved on to another after seeing that in the first was nothing more then a musty room. The second though, there was a glow beneath the treshold. Slowly, the fae opened it. Rusted hinges squeaked dreadfully loud as the white clad fae slipped inside the room.

A man, winged, tailed and horned with hair of fire stood at the center of an empty space. All that surrounded him was a glowing white circle with strange writings. "A spell circle?" Verlin crept closer and crouched down to peer at the magic. He'd never come across anything like it before. Absentmindedly, the fae tugged at his knee length tunic.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:41 AM

When the door opened for the first time in quite a long time, Devian startled and stood upright, resting his wings against him tightly and shifting slightly. It wasn't an older human man, who seemed entirely impervious to his advances because of some liquid he kept drinking, but a human with wings very different than his. An overwhelming sweetness came to meet Devian's nose and mind, and it would have washed him over had he not stumbled back into the spell wall. Invisible, and it felt electrified. He shuddered when fingers of shock slid through his wings and into his body.

"Why yes, you lovely little creature..." Devian growled, showing his teeth. "If you would be so kind as to break the spell circle I would love to reward you with... something." He shrugged a bit, coiling his tail around his waist so it wouldn't thrash in expectancy. "I can feel there is something you desire and yet I am so unaware of what it is. Surely a beautiful thing like you would have something on the mind, right? Anything at all?" He shifted, tilting his head to the side and letting his hair slide over his eye.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 01:57 AM

"Something?" repeated Verlin innocently. Tilting his head back, the delicately featured fae stared up at the other man. "Oh what are you? Are you another fae?" The pale haired man leaned forward and frowned when a barrier stopped him from peering over the runes. An invisible wall ... Another thing to wonder about. Now this room was fascinating, and enticing somehow. It had to have something to do with the red haired person.

"Why are you here?" He didn't dare touch the runes. There had to be a reason for the way the other being was bound. Whether it was a good or bad one, Verlin had no idea. He did intend on finding out. But how?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 AM

Devian slid his hands over the barrier and ignored the way the electricity licked over his palms and fingers. "Oh my, I'm so unsure... My days were fine, but it seems so long ago... I've been trapped here for so long I'm not even sure what the world looks like anymore. A man that was... old... rather old, yes, and white in hair, summoned me here. He would not tell me what he wanted me for. He kept mumbling to himself, never speaking to me. He said he wanted to rule the world and I would help, but for the longest time I have yet to see him... I believe he has died somewhere in this place, but that means he has left me to exist in this negative void of this blasted summoning circle I cannot break."

He sighed, trying to stretch his wings but finding little space to do so. "I long to stretch myself..." Devian said. "Won't you help? I could return the favor easily..." His desire to simply escape was overpowering anything else on his mind. First, escape. Second, a human.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 AM

Years and years, trapped all alone without a person to talk to. Verlin was terrified at the thought. "Oh that ... Oh how horrible! I would have gone mad. " It was hard to imagine a day spent without any company of any sort. Even the trees whispered, the brooks sang and the winds whistled. But bound between walls of stone, their voices would have been lost entirely.

Moved by pity, the fae stretched his hands and crouched down to rub the pads of his thumbs against the chalk upon the floor. He tried at least. The barrier barred him from doing so. Verlin frowned and pouted, before he thought of something he'd noticed in the room of shelves and useless looking items. "Wait here, I shall be right back!" The fae ran out of the room, and slipped into the other. From the shelf he grabbed a brush that was all too worn. Maybe that would work?

When he returned and put the brush to use, he was more then glad to see the circle smudging. Frayed ends, hairs falling, the brush began to fall apart. "Well ... I hope that's enough."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:29 AM

Mad? Perhaps Devian was mad. He had no idea how long he had been here, had no idea what the world was, how long he had been alone. He'd resorted to talking to himself, and having no one to reply. He'd decided to reply to himself as well at one point, and held deep conversations with that 'other' him that had formed over time. It was as if two personalities had begun living in his mind, and they spoke to one another on varying ideas. But now there was someone else. Someone that could let him be free.

When the fairy ran out, Devian grew tense until he returned. "Yes..." Devian smiled when the circle began smudging, fading, and the cool air began to hit his skin for the first time in eons, no doubt. "Yes..." He shook himself, breaking the wall around him and lunging forward, spreading his wings and grasping the fairy in his arms. "Oh, you are a savior." He grinned widely. "I thank you---now... Is there something you want? A favor deserves a favor, after all, doesn't it?" His wings wrapped around them both, hiding the world from them for a moment. This fairy smelled of nature. Flowers. Something else he couldn't quite catch.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 02:47 AM

Verlin blinked. He stared at the arms wrapped around him, let his eyes wander over the leathery wings that hid them both from the world. "Something I want? Well ..." There were a lot of things the fae wanted. "I want to see the endless waters people call the "sea", I want to taste chocolate, I want to find my one true mate, I want to dance in the rain without worrying about my wings being ruined, I want to take a hot bath in one of those human cities.." He giggled. "I want to dance in front of a crowd of people on festival day! Oh and I wish I could paint, and draw, and make beautiful jewelry."

Bangles and pretty shiny things, oh his future mate would love those. But Verlin was clumsy, accident prone. It made a lot of his wants seem entirely out of reach. " I think I want too many things ..." The fae wriggled. It was odd, being held so close to someone else. It was warm. The heat was so interesting... A curious thing that Verlin wanted to know a bit more about. That was one want he didn't voice.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:58 AM

Devian smiled a bit, showing his teeth a little more. "Oh, lots of wants." He said, curling his tail around both of them. A lot of very random wants. This being was an odd one---it seemed there were few things he didn't say, and those were hidden in a manner that was audible to Devian. "It's not bad... But I'm sure I could do any one of these things... Even those things you aren't telling me, maybe." He released the man, looking around and finding a long overcoat hanging on the wall. It seemed to have been preserved over however long he'd been left all alone, and he pulled it on, tying the belt around his waist.

"You're a bit air-headed, aren't you?" He asked. "But I suppose those fae creatures my summoner spoke of are all a bit ditzy... You'll have to get one thing on your mind if you want me to fulfill that. And only after I take care of my own urges... I must find something... someone... Is there a human village near here?" He looked around to the fairy.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 03:08 AM

The fae made a face, blustered and blushed a bit as he felt a slender appendage wrap around his back in a most disconcerting way. When he was left alone, Verlin huffed and crossed his arms. A glare crept over his features, and he aimed it straight at the being he'd freed. "Not all fae act like I do. And why should I help you anymore then I already have? All you do is laugh at me for acting the way I do." The hidden undercurrent of constant amusement was more then he wanted to deal with.

Ditz though he was, that in no way affected Verlin's ability to think clearly when he wanted to. "There are no humans nearby," added the green eyed fae almost reluctantly. "Why else do you think one of my wants would be to try chocolate? Only humans make that, and they live so very far away." They were nearly thought to be legend. Only random travelers stopped that from happening.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:19 AM

Devian rolled his eyes, turning around to face the young fae. "Well, air-headed though you may be, you have freed me. Come to believe that I can sense a human many, many miles away very easily. If you come with me, I could find you some chocolate. Perhaps I could make it..." He stretched his wings---they did feel weak, as did the rest of him now. He needed energy, and only something like a fae, a human, an elf, or some other being could give him that. Food was useless to him, and his kind. "I can find you your chocolate, but you have to follow me by flight. Can you do this?" He looked around to the fae's wings, seeing one didn't quite sit right. "I can easily carry you otherwise."

This fae didn't exactly look like he was composed of much. And Devian wanted out now. He was tired of the same sight, the same room, and not being able to move. He smiled. "And... what's your name, hmm? You might call me Devian."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 03:27 AM

"I can't fly right now .. And there will be rain. I came here to hide from it, the water. Please don't make me go out in the rain.." It would destroy his wings. He wanted so badly to dance beneath the torrents as others did, stronger winged fae who weren't curse with delicate appendages like his. Verlin sniffled. "I don't want just chocolate either," stated the blue winged fae once more.

The mention of names snapped the younger man from his thoughts. "Ah, Verlin! That's my name."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 AM

Devian rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything else. Verlin. He nodded at the name, acknowledging it. "Well, for now the first thing I can give you is chocolate. Because where there's chocolate, there are humans. And I need a human..." He twitched, sighing in a breath. "I can take you under the rain, where your wings will be safe under mine. I can glide for hours, so I could easily ride out the storm." He suddenly wanted to fly in the storm. But he didn't need to take the fae. "Or just say here." He shrugged, walking across the room and opening the door. "If I wait much longer I'll grow too weak to fly. You do what you like."

He stepped into the hallway beyond the door, bare feet warming the stone underneath him instead of the frigid stone cooling his feet. There was almost an inner fire within him that kept things warm, and didn't allow him to get cold. He could see faded sunlight streaming through the thick windows but didn't want to waste his energy trying to break them. He could surely find a door, or the area Verlin entered through.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 AM

Why did Devian need a human so desperately? The fae fluttered his wings gently and let out a long sigh before racing off after the other man. "Take me with you. I don't like being alone." Reaching out, he tugged at the man's sleeve insistently. "Besides, I can show you the way out."

Verlin waited not a moment longer, but began racing down the hall with a skip in his step and a laugh. The winding corridors might have been dizzying to someone else, it wasn't so for the fae. His sense of direction surpassed that of many others, probably because he spent so much time wandering the forests. Exploration made Verlin's heart soar like nothing else ever could, at least like nothing else he'd ever discovered.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:54 AM

Devian sighed, again rolling his eyes, but he followed Verlin nonetheless. He didn't show quite as much urgency as the fae did, however, following the nearly invisible scent trail he left in the air behind him. It swirled in the air, a light greenish-blue tone that hung like dust, and when he passed, it dispersed. Walking felt wonderful. Flying would probably feel better than wonderful. The air, the rain, he wanted to feel it all. He never had in this realm, not since his binding. He'd never even seen the sky. But he knew what a human smelled like. They were often stolen away into their realm, but they died soon after.

Finding Verlin, he put a long-nailed hand on his shoulder. "Don't go running off too far." He said. "Is it near?" He wanted to get out. He was tired of these carved stone halls and rooms. He didn't care about who summoned him---he was dead.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-05-2014, 03:58 AM

He stilled under the other's light touch. The fae nodded quickly, and pointed to a large stone arch, and the tunnel beneath. "The way outside is through there. Only a few moments more, and we'll be in the fresh air again." Stone was a dead thing to the fae. It felt strange, walking beneath halls of rock without any sight of the sky. There was no fresh air either, to ruffle his hair and whisper of goings on in the woods either. Not run off too far? Verlin wanted to race ahead so he could escape the oppressing feeling of the mountain all around them.

At first it had been exciting, but now that the way outside was so near it felt anything but.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:05 AM

"Ah." Devian nodded slowly and stepped around the fae, walking ahead. He was tired of the darkness, he wanted to see the world and how it was now, what it was. He could hear something rumbling---thunder? The earth they were in speaking to them? Perhaps it was the thunder... He wanted it to be. His wings, under the cloth, shifted and shivered and became sharp with bone that shredded two holes into the fabric, letting his wings fold out into the air. He could already smell it---air. Damp air. He moved forward faster, finally stepping through a pair of old doors and finding himself on a wide ledge. Up so high, breeze constantly hit his face and his hair came up, engulfing his horns and tangling. "Ah..." He breathed in, closing his eyes and opening his arms and palms to the sky. "Beautiful... Almost as beautiful as the human body..." He giggled to himself, looking around for Verlin.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 PM

The overhang over the doors didn't offer near enough cover to Verlin's mind. He huddled shivering by the doors, arms wrapped around himself. The water raining down from the skies, pummeling the cliff side. Harsh winds wiped back Verlin's pale locks as he sidled behind one of the doors, and away from the elements.

Devian certainly looked like he was enjoying himself. His wings were so different then Verlin's own. Bat-like, strong boned, and with dim light shining through them ... They were oh so mesmerizing.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Devian smiled a bit more and turned back to the edge of the overhang. The clothing, while lightweight, still felt constricting, and he shrugged the covering off, spreading his wings fully. Where he came from, his kind simply didn't wear clothes. They didn't seem necessary in the constant hot temperatures. The air that caught the wings billowed their thin membranes and made him shudder, feeling free in a way he hadn't felt in, perhaps, decades. Centuries? Just how long had he been alone? He'd never counted the days because he didn't have any windows to help him see outside.

His tail slashed from side to side, grazing the ground. "Oh, Verlin, you must hide your wings and come join me... You do want to find one of your most prominent wants, don't you?" He turned around fully to face Verlin and folded his wings, absently letting his long tail rest in his hands and grasping it. "You would trust a strange demon enough to free him from his apparent prison but not to shield you from the rain?" His fiery hair was already windswept and fell over his bright but dark eyes, which seemed to glitter when he looked at Verlin.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 PM

Verlin folded his wings back, and tucked parts of his clothing around them carefully. With a confidence he didn't feel, the pale fae stepped out under the over hang to face the incubus. "I don't just trust you, I like you very much." Blushing furiously all the while, the fae worked to stop his wings from twitching.

Fingers curled around the cloth of his robes, he let his eyes fall to the ground nervously. He did hate himself for what he was saying, but for reasons he doubted Devian would be able to pick out. Certainly, not even the winds, not even the elemental spirits, would have been able to figure it out.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 PM

Devian smiled a little and released his tail, letting his wings fall a little. Despite the freedom that came from the wind so high up he stepped toward Verlin and folded his wings in, allowing himself to step forward slowly. "Like me?" He smiled a little more, and raised his tail, letting it snake over Verlin's neck and chin and raise his eyes up from the ground. "And you've only just met me. You barely know who---what---I am. I may well be a killer, a thief, a demon bent on ruining everything I touch." He stepped around, behind Verlin, and put his hands on the fae's shoulders.

"Oh, but I've heard that time and again. It must be an immediate reaction. So many have come to admit they 'like me'. Some jump on that feeling, and others keep it in until they nearly burst. Few truly admit it of their own accord." He raked his clawed hands down Verlin's scalp, tangling in his hair then dragging them down to his neck.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM

The fae shivered as his head was moved, licked his lips. A thrill went up, down, his spine at the other man's words. Everything was so much more exciting now, so much more unpredictable. Verlin laughed and giggled. "That tickles!" He flitted away upon light feet. Even with wings folded, the lite young man seemed like he barely touched the ground as he whirled around to face Devian.

Head tilted to the side cutely, white hair falling just so in a myriad of braids, and loose locks, Verlin laughed. "It seems silly to me, not admitting something right away." Especially when it lent itself to so many possibilities, no matter how true the statement was. But, that was a thought for another time. Verlin was having far too much fun to consider it for long.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:03 AM

Devian wrinkled his nose a little, slashing his tail through the air. The little fae was so flighty, but then again, maybe they all were. It was why he preferred humans---so susceptible to his power that nothing else could possibly worm its way into their mind. When his eyes locked to theirs, the person was in his entire control. But Verlin hadn't locked eyes with him. He sighed, approaching where Verlin had stopped and placed his hand around his neck, lightly tapping his claws on Verlin's throat. He could feel the fae's heartbeat. "Well good." He breathed, baring his fangs. "Very good. Few truly speak their minds. But you need now make a decision: Shall you follow me, or allow me to carry you, to where your food obsession lies? Or shall I leave you here and give you no direction to the nearest town?"

He could already smell the human scent on the air. He couldn't pinpoint it all the way up here, where the wind whipped by and disturbed the direction of the scent, but he would find it once he left the side of the mountain, and follow it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM

The fae closed his eyes tight. What a strange feeling it was ... Tap, tap, warms fingers and smooth nails grazing lightly against his skin. It was interesting, curiosity rousing. But not necessarily rousing. How far could I push this? , wondered Verlin. He grinned, tilted his head back and snapped his ocean green eyes open.

Amber filled his sight, and red. Verlin's breath caught, but once he breathed out everything seemed normal enough again. "Carry me, please?" said the fae quickly with a lift of his lips.