kandii_k
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to kandii_k

Old 07-03-2010, 02:51 AM

Welcome to the Feast of Fools Art/Food Art Contest

This event will me hosted by yours truly and the lovely lunanuova. You may address me as Your One and Only Wonderous Mistress Kandii. And then bow accordingly, just kidding kiddies. This is an event filled with silliness, outlandishness, insanity, daftness, and anytthing else that means you are not altogether. Let us gather together and celebrate our aloofness as one.

lunanuova kandii_k

These rules are put here for the event

Follow the Rules of Menewsha

Three warnings before you are kicked out

Mind your manners and be polite to your fellow participants

Enjoy yourself, don't be too serious

No Plagiarism

Post your Entries in this Thread

Last edited by kandii_k; 07-10-2010 at 01:49 AM..

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Hello Hello! And welcome to the magnificent Feast of Fools Art Contest!
I am your host, lunanuova and this is the place to unleash your skills and have fun with creating your arty entries!

Art Contest Rules:

• As always, Follow Menewsha‘s ToS
  • You are allowed to submit One Entry Per Category!
  • Try your best and have fun!
  • Use the form provided below for your entries
  • You must only enter art that you have produced during the time of the event.
  • Respect other peoples art!
  • Use an image uploader, for example Photobucket or TinyPic and paste the DIRECT LINK into the entry form.
  • POST YOUR ENTRIES HERE! :)
  • No plagiarism! It is wrong and spoils all the fun. We want to see what you can do.
  • Do not PM the entries to me (or kandii_k for the Food Contest)
NOTE: You can use any form of media for this Art Contest. Also, don’t worry about your art skills as all abilities are equal and will be respected. The concept of the art is just as important!
Feel free to use whatever you want including paints/watercolours/pencils as well as CG!

Think: Dancing, Jesters, Gyspies, Artists, Instruments, Food, Parties, Clothing, Laughing, Jokers.

The contest is split into two parts:
Art - (Of anything you like to do with the Feast of Fools event!)
and
Mascots - (A character(s) that can represent the wondrous event! Descriptions are important too!)

HTML Code:
[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE=3]Art for the Jesters and Gypsies![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Username:
Entry: [thumb] Insert Direct link here [/thumb]
Description:
HTML Code:
[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR="Lime"][SIZE=3]I have a Mascot for the Feast of Fools![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
Username:
Entry: [thumb] Insert Direct link here [/thumb]
Description:

Last edited by lunanuova; 07-10-2010 at 10:31 AM..

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Here are the foolishly fantastic Art Entries:

-ART ENTRIES-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Art for the Jesters and Gypsies!
Username: Clair Voyant

Entry: Click on thumbnail for full view

Description: Well, it's really just a pencil drawing I've done. It's just some idea of an old fashion-esc styled Jester. Nothing too special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony Dragon View Post
Username: Ebony Dragon
Description: The feline population of Menewsha likes to party too :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miley Cyrus View Post
Username:Miley Cyrus
Description:A Gypsy looking into a crystal ball and seeing a show with jesters and acrobats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseCherryBlossom View Post
Username: JapaneseCherryBlossom
Description: Cecilia and her yummeh cake on the way to the festival, to dance with the Menewshans gathering from across the land!(I used my mouse to draw in Corel Paint shop)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
Username: Kat dakuu
Description: she was a jester who could trick anyone until one day she tried to trick a wizard who tricked her, turning her into a marionette so that she could entertain forever but never trick anyone again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStarr View Post
[/COLOR]Art for the Jesters and Gypsies!
Username: HappyStarr
Description: For this category, I chose to draw a Gypsy with a Crystal ball. She's pleased to bring you your fortune, and oh...is that a face appearing in the crystal ball?
[Sorry for the poor quality, I only have my phone's camera. XD]

-MASCOT ENTRIES-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keondre Lorano View Post
I have a Mascot for the Feast of Fools!
Username: Keondre Lorano
Description: "C'mon, everything's better if you do it for the fun of it!"
So says Bes, self-proclaimed King of Fools. Mischievous, playful, and energetic, Bes lives in and for the moment, marching to the beat of his own drum and impulsively doing whatever so happens to strike his fancy. A graceful dancer and an expert knife-thrower, this little prankster has come to enjoy this event to its fullest.
"Feast of Fools? Count me in! Let the pranking- I mean, gaming begin!"

Extra: See if you can find all four suits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinn View Post
Username: Aerinn
Description:
"Jess! Terri! Why do you two reek of sardines?"
"Whatever are you talking about?~"
"AHHH THERE ARE FISH IN MY TOILET!"

Jess and Terri are identical twins dressed like jesters. They are a mischievous pair that enjoy pulling off nonsensical pranks. However, these are always in good spirit, as their antics are meant to lighten up solemn moods. Carefree and jubilant, the two spread joy (if not, chaos) to everyone around, especially during the Festival of Fools, where they contribute even more pure-hearted jest in celebration.
On the rare occasions that the two are separated, Jess gorges as much carnival delicacies he can find while Terri joins the dancer troupes to learn how to dance with ribbons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseCherryBlossom View Post
Username: JapaneseCherryBlossom
Description: Mr. Chill: He spins and dances while playing the kazoo. He also has some jokes for you! Like them you must, this you must trust, or he'll give you the ol' sardine thrust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStarr View Post
[/COLOR]I have a Mascot for the Feast of Fools!
Username: HappyStarr
Description:
"Hey there! My name's Aeris (pronounced EH-RIS), Sign Aries, Blood Type O, Eye Color Green! I'm here to support the Feast of Fools! And, of course, have a bit of fun for m'self. I love to play games and crack jokes, though sometimes people take some of my jokes a little too seriously T^T. One of my favorite hobbies is playing pranks on people. I'm quite the master if I do say so myself. Leaving fake bugs in people's beds and changing the shampoo with the hair remover are mere child's play compared to what I'm capable of doing. Of course, I don't like people to think poorly of me, so I always take my victims out for lunch or a movie afterward--completely my treat (a good thing I'm good at games!) Of course, sometimes my pranks can go a little out of control, and I'll end up taking a huge group out for dinner AND a movie! Gotta work overtime for weeks after that. Oh ya! Do you like my bells? I never leave the house without tying them around my horns. Gotta look my best every day! Well, gotta run! I think I hear Peeblo comin', and he's got quite the surprise waiting for him since I heard he set fire to an entire room! tstststs"

Well, ya heard the girl! Her name's Aeris and she's a master of mischief. She loves to have a good time and compete in all sorts of games. She doesn't take 'No' for an answer, and sometimes acts way before she thinks. But she's got good intentions and doesn't like it when people are angry at her. Her favorite prank victims seem to be Peeblo and Yumeh, and she's the self-proclaimed Queen Almighty. But in the hours outside of that, she's a hard worker at an ice cream parlor and likes to make each customer's visit special.

(Again...my phone's camera is total crud. She's got orange hair, and the bells/ribbons/shoes are blue. The pink spot on her face is a star-shaped tattoo. I swear, it looks tons better on my paper...T^T)

Last edited by lunanuova; 07-15-2010 at 01:52 PM..

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-03-2010, 06:50 PM

"Art for the Jesters and Gypsies!"

1st Place

Winters Flight and Rainbows of Iris

2nd Place

Chaos Armor and Yin Yang

3rd Place

Return to Nature and Snowy Fur Trim Coat

"I have a Mascot for the Feast of Fools!"

1st Place

Tigra the Tiger and Spirit of the Phoenix

2nd Place

Order Armor and Chilly the Polar Bear

3rd Place

Robes of Healing and Heartface Fox Slippers

[Special Recognition]

Best Traditional

Harpy

Best CG

Retrobot

Last edited by lunanuova; 07-04-2010 at 08:23 AM..

kandii_k
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 PM

Hello Ladies and Gents. My name is Akayla aka Kandii_K and I will be hosting the Food Contest! Due to my name is quite obvious that I have a love for sweets so it is quite obvious why I would host a contest such as this.

Food Contest Rules:

Follow Menewsha's ToS
Decorations must be linked to the theme of the event
No Plagiarism-Take a photo of your own entry
Do not bash other people or their work
Do not PM me your entries(or Lunanuova)
You may paste the Url of you entry or use the img BBcode,Use the Html Codes provided
Decorate using really food. I can't taste so it just has to look good
YOU MUST LOVE ME AND FOOD!! XD

There are two contests. There will be a first, second, and third placer. The first placer of each individual contest will then be judged against each other and then a winner for the entire Food Contest will be chosen.

Cupcake/ Cake Decorating

HTML Code:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][B][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="purple"](Cup)Cake[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Your Name-
Ingrdients-
Recipe-
Inspiration-(What gave you the idea or your tastey treat?)
Entry Name-
Entry-[/FONT]

Cookie Decorating

HTML Code:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][B][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="yellow"]Cookie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Your Name-
Ingrdients-
Recipe-
Entry Name-
Entry-[/FONT]

Freestyle Dessert Contest

HTML Code:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][B][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Freestyle[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
Your Name-
Ingrdients-
Recipe-
Entry Name-
Entry-[/FONT]
Last minute notes:

Examples(These are googled photos. You will take a pic of your own creation.)

There are a few how to sights to help out. I might post some later but I am sure you guys know what you're doing.

Last edited by kandii_k; 07-10-2010 at 01:25 AM..

kandii_k
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-06-2010, 03:58 PM

‡Cupcake/Cake Entries‡
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintTheSkyRed View Post
(Cup)Cake
Your Name- PaintTheSkyRed
Ingrdients- For the cake & cupcakes: 2 cups cake flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter softened, 1 cup sugar, 6 large eggs room temperature, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3/4 cup milk, & sprinkles
For Icing: 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 cup shortening, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, & food coloring.
Recipe- Mix all the cake/cupcake ingrdients, place in wax cupcake cups, pop in oven at 350 degrees for 30 mins, decorate/ice the cupcakes and cake then enjoy.
Inspiration- Well I added the cards because it seems like out of a deck of cards, the Joker is the least popular. So this time the Joker was the big deal compared to all the Aces. And the Joker is having it's own festival with the Feast of Fools.
Entry Name- Joker's Holiday
Entry-

(It says July '10 on the cake.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
(Cup)Cake
Your Name: For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients: Boxed Cake mix and Marshmallow fondant.
Recipe: I'll spare you the boxed cake mix instructions >_>
Inspiration:The Feast of Fools and Menewsha was my inspiration. So we have Yumeh as a jester with a clown nose and A bunnyfish with a fortune cookie, thus making him a Fortune Fish! :D
Entry Name: Fun with Fondant
Entry:

I only did fondant on three of the cupcakes. It was my first time! I almost showed only two, but I thought I'd share my evolution from the top Yumeh Cupcake to the bottom one. Oh yeah, sorry about the cupcake pan. I stuck them in there to keep them still while I decorated and now I'm afraid to take them out! :gonk: Yumeh's eyeballs kept rolling away as it was :yumeh2:

‡Cookie Entries‡

Quote:
Thanks Lilith! :D Here's a cookie to admire as well. Now I can DIE x_X

Cookie
Your Name: For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients:A Boxed Sugar Cookie Mix and Marshmallow Fondant
Recipe: You really don't want to know.
Inspiration: My inspiration for this cookie was fortune telling. As I am a For-Chan Cookie, so I used a fortune cookie on my cookie!
Entry Name: Good Fortunes!
Entry:

*dies* I really had to push myself to do cookies on top of the cupcakes. This was painstaking work people! So this is the only one I made. Those letters. Oh those letters were murder. The straight ones are ok, it's the loopy O's and S's that killed me x_x The fondant was fun for that smooth clean look but I should have used frosting for the letters ;_;

‡Freestyle Entries‡

Quote:
Freestyle
Your Name - For-Chan Cookie
Ingredients -
1 cup cold water
1 cup cold milk
4 eggs
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ cups flour (scooped and leveled)
4 tablespoons melted butter

Toppings - Strawberry jam, cream cheese, raspberries, cherries, nutella, pecans, powdered sugar, apricot jam.

Recipe -
Put the liquids, eggs and salt into blender. Add the flour, then the butter. Cover and blend at top speed for 1 minute. If bits of flour adhere to sides of jar, dislodge with a rubber scraper and blend for 2 to 3 seconds more. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Set over moderately high heat until the pan is very hot. Immediately remove from heat and pour ¼ cup of batter into the middle of the pan. Quickly tilt the pan in all directions to run the batter all over the bottom of the pan in a thin film. Return the pan to heat for 60 to 80 seconds. Flip and brown lightly for about 30 seconds on the other side.

Put crepe on a plate and continue to make crepes until all of your batter is gone. Top with sweet topping of your choice.

Inspiration - I wanted to make something out of the ordinary, so I made some desserts that look like a main course! All of this food is made with crepes with sweet fillings.
Entry Name - Dinner for Dessert? A Feast Fit for Fools!
Entry - (Click on the thumbnails to see bigger pictures)
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
Pizza - Made from a folded crepe with strawberry jam for the "sauce" and cream cheese as cheese. Fresh raspberry bits are trying to act like pepperoni.
Tortellini - This crepe tortellini is filled with nutella and chopped walnuts. The inside shot was too fuzzy to bother posting.

Pasta with Marinara and Meatballs - The pasta is made from long linguine-like strips of crepes with strawberry jam for sauce and dark red cherries as meatballs. There's a pinch of powdered sugar to look like parmesan.

Crab Rangoon with Duck Sauce - This Crepe Rangoon is filled with cream cheese and fresh raspberries with a side of apricot jam.

Now I wish I'd taken a shot of them all together. I ate each thing after I took the pictures >_>

----------

☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

Cupcake Contest Prizes

1.Halloween Set '09 & Robes of Healing
2.Robes of Healing & Egg Set
3.Jubilee Set & Cuppy Cake Clan

Cookie Constest Prizes

1.Return to Nature & Indra's Storm
2.Indra's Storm & Egg Set
3.Menewsha Cookie Collective & Purple Spotted Present

Freestyle Contest Prizes

1.Return to Nature & Egg Set & Jubillee Set
2.Jubilee Set & Egg Set & Holiday Tree
3.Jubilee Set & Festive Decorations

Finalist Prizes

1. July 2010 Set & Jubilee Set & Egg Set
2.Halloween Goodie Bag & Red, Lilac, Grey, and Deep Pink Egg
3.Festival Ribbon & Red, Lilac, Grey, and Deep Pink Egg

Last edited by kandii_k; 07-15-2010 at 07:05 PM..

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 PM

I declare this thread...OPEN!

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-09-2010, 02:20 PM

oh no no no

the cupcake first prize isn't a halloween 07 set. I believe it is an 09 set

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Hmmm - I think I'm going to have to enter the art portion <3
It seems really fun and it'll give me something to do while I'm at the park today one I finish my drawing of Persephone :D

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-09-2010, 02:44 PM

Well, I should definitely enter the Cookie contest shouldn't I? :D

Is there a theme we're aiming for or just go crazy?

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM

I believe the theme is that of the event.
Feast of Fools
Think of Jesters and Gypsies and a time of freedom

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Hmm, that makes things more difficult, going back to my absolute lack of drawing skills. I guess I'll have to go abstract!

Keondre Lorano
Elemental Doll

Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Interesting, as always. =) I'm not so great with food decorating (eating it, on the other hand . . .) so I'll probably try my hand at the art. Are we only allowed to submit for one category, or one per category? I didn't catch it in the rules.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 PM

For the cookie/cake stuff... we're decorating real food, yeah?

Because I just might try my hand at this... My art skills are sub-par... but I really love food so the other contest will probably be lots of fun for me.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Lorando: Sorry about that! I added it into the rules. You can submit one entry per category in the Art Contest.

Keondre Lorano
Elemental Doll

Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM

No need to apologize! I was just curious, since I had ideas for both. ^^ The question is whether said imagination can make it from my brain to my pencil onto paper . . . ~_~

Silver Crusnik
Kittenfais Overlord

Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 PM

By the pure fact that I'm an artist. I'M OBLIGATED TO JOIN THIS CONTEST. XD

I'm half tempted to just mess about and make my OC into a bit of a mascot. He's so adorable and foolish that he'd make a great one. :lol: >w<

avi
a ladee

Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 PM

hallo thar ^^

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 PM

I am definitely doing some cupcake decorating!!

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keondre Lorano View Post
No need to apologize! I was just curious, since I had ideas for both. ^^ The question is whether said imagination can make it from my brain to my pencil onto paper . . . ~_~
Can't wait to see what you produce then ;)

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 07-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Im sooo going to enter into the Freestyle but it might run under cookie... I'm not sure
I know what I wanna make just not sure where to put it T__T

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-09-2010, 05:35 PM

You can always ask when it is done.

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 07-09-2010, 06:34 PM

So we have to take a picture of the food? I make cute cupcakes but I just want to know since I would need to get some supplies for it.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Paint: Yeah you'll need to take a picture of what you make :} Mm cupcakes.

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Luna - Awe okay. Thank you, dear.

I am so excited. :D