Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-03-2019, 07:52 AM

They must have thick fur to not freeze out there.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
I live in Southern California...
what.. is.. snow?!
I delivered to La Puente the other day and spied snow on the mountain tops.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-04-2019, 09:10 PM

go to the mountains, see the snow!

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2019, 07:11 PM

Weather forecast for my area is snow this weekend. I'm stoked.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Does This(Winterbells) count as falling snow? It's a flash game so if you don't want to enable Flash here's a video of someone (a League of Legends coach) playing it for a stream challenge. :D

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-11-2019, 09:41 PM

It is snowing in the Denver area...we have about 3 inches of very wet snow on the ground and it's still coming down.
Normally this would be a welcomed event...but we live in an apartment complex and they have not cleared the walks or plowed the parking lot.
Sarah uses a wheelchair and the handicapped parking space has not been cleared.
So....risking my health, I went out and shovelled from our door to our van and around the van...in the case that I might have to get Sarah out.
Now I feel like crap!...I doubt I would have the energy to get Sarah into the van if I did have to take her somewhere!
I want to complain to the management...but I don't want to be that "hated tenant".

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 AM

Yeah I noticed a lot of apartment complexes don’t get plowed unless a kind Samaritan comes by with their own plow on their truck. It snowed in the beginning of December in my area of N.C. and our complex didn’t get plowed...or the road in front of our place. I drive a Beetle so it’s pretty low to the ground, I didn’t bother to go anywhere. I didn’t want to take any chances of getting stuck somewhere. It dried up in about 3 days.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-19-2019, 01:15 AM

It snowed again...about 4 inches in 6 hours.
Our walks are not cleared...not to mention access to the handicapped parking space...AGAIN!
I really hate the thought of conflict increasing my anxiety, but I am considering lodging a complaint with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) since Sarah uses a wheelchair and if we needed to get out, I would have to push her through the snow to get to our van.
Now I dread even the thought of the next snowfall!

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-28-2019, 10:02 PM

Well...it snowed in Denver.
The forecast predicted that we would get 2 to 3 inches...but some areas got 7 inches!
The better news is that the apartment complex got someone to plow the parking lot and the walks got snowblowed. They did not clear the area around our van in the handicapped parking space, but at least I can get to the van without trudging through deep snow...and I can clear the snow away from the van myself.
There were numerous accidents and stuck cars and sliding buses...and a light rail train derailed, ejecting a passenger!
Denver hasn't had a snowy winter for a few years and now it seems that folks forgot how to drive in the snow!
Yes, the snow is pretty and all...but I am really looking forward to Spring to come!

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 01-29-2019, 11:57 PM

I've got family that lives in an area where they got about a foot of snow, they enjoy it for some reason -- I haven't enjoyed snow since I was too many years younger. But they're careful to go out in it and won't go out if it's too cold, which in some parts of the northeast is still in the negative digits.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 AM

and more snow cometh

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Are there still places that are snowing right now? :O Living in a warm place it's hard to tell sometimes.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 AM

swirling and blowing around like a snowglobe

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-06-2019, 09:45 AM

There has been so much snowfall in the mountains of Colorado that there have been a few avalanches that have closed highways!
The other day our low temperature was -6°F, followed by a high temperature of 6°F.
It's supposed to warm up a little...just in time for more snow expected.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-13-2019, 09:27 AM

We are expecting a blizzard in the Denver area today, March 13...a storm the likes that hasn't been seen in decades! They have compared it to a category 2 hurricane. The barometric pressure is expected to be at a historic low, having only been lower one time in recorded history.
We are expecting 6 to 8 inches of snow with winds blowing at 50 miles per hour with gusts expected to reach 70 miles per hour...causing white-out conditions.
They are advising that everyone stay home and avoid driving after 10am.
All the schools in the area will be closed to prevent people from having to drive in potentially white-out conditions.
The news also warned that the extreme low pressure system may cause mild health symptoms such as joint pain and migraine headaches.
The grocery stores were swamped last night...the milk, eggs and bananas were all sold out! ...And this storm is expected to only last 1 day!
I admit that I am a bit nervous because of the possibility of power outages...but I surely wouldn't starve to death before I could get to the store again!
I will try to remember to post the outcome of this storm after I see how it pans out.

Last edited by Inzanebraned; 03-13-2019 at 09:29 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 03-14-2019, 12:56 PM

Dang, I hope things'll be alright for you! D: