Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 PM

He'll be 2 in October, Clair. And we're a two naps a day kind of family, Roz. :XD

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 PM

Oh wow. Lots of sleep. Hahaha. That sounds good.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM

Haha, aww. :) My youngest sister will be 3 in October. :)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-20-2011, 03:51 AM

Ooo - I think I may have to take a stab at the sign contest :D
Maybe the mascot contest if I have the inspiration -- but definitely the sign one :D
-works on an entry now-

EDIT: Almost done! :D

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-20-2011 at 04:24 AM..

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Oh, awesome! :D Hello, Emma! :) How are you?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 PM

How's nearly 3 working out for you little sister? Better than nearly 2? I'm curious about the changes in development as he gets older but I don't like looking 'em up because then I feel a pressure to make sure he's doing everything on time.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 01:39 PM

I'm not sure exactly, unfortunately, for my sister. I don't live with her. I met her for the first time earlier this summer in July. :( She's a sweet little girl, I absolutely love her, but she's... like my step mum (her mother) and... that makes me a bit sad because she's already got a little nasty attitude like my step mum's. >:'( I don't hate my step mum... but I don't like her much, either.

For the kiddos I work with (I work in a day care with the same age group) it really depends from child to child. We have a four year old little boy who barely understands a few words, only knows a few words and is constantly running away... while we have a few two year olds who can speak to us fairly well and have no problem understanding what we're saying to them. :/ I do notice, however, (and I really hope this doesn't offend anyone) that the little girls learn language better, communicate better with us, and are able to do basic things (use the toilet, wash their own hands, etc.) MUCH sooner and better than the little boys... boys tend to be slower developmentally than girls.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM

-wanders trough- Hmm, I wonder what I will do today. xD

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 02:10 PM

@ Sadrain:: :) I'm gonna spend some time outdoors today. It looks beautiful outside. :'D

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM

It's cold and rainy and gloomy here. D8* But I am glad it's nice somewhere. ^^

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 02:37 PM

D8 OH NO! *sends sunny skies and pleasant breezes to Saddie*

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM

I've read that girls are developmentally faster than boys generally (and that it, of course, varies by child) in the text books for school so I'm not surprised. There's things that my son can do that my friend's daughter is having problems with (things that physically based like walking and stepping up and down) but I attribute those differences to a difference in how they were raised and the differing expectations between the two main genders - boys and girls.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 PM

Boys don't seem to have trouble getting around, that's for sure. :lol: They're hard to keep up with sometimes. :)

A lot of it has to do with how a child is brought up. It's different dealing with children in a day care, rather than taking care of my own (I don't have children, but I do know it's a difference). I'm with the kids anywhere between 2-10 hours a day, five days a week, nowhere near being like a mum for any of them. :) Sometimes, it's hard dealing with certain children who come from certain homes... like the four year old boy I mentioned earlier. His mum basically said, and I'm not kidding "He's just too cute, sometimes. You just have to laugh." She has NO control over him at all. She came in one morning to bring a fruit platter for the kids and when asked where her son was she just shrugged and said "Ah, somewhere in the building. I don't really know." Our day care is run through a larger organization, so the building the day care is in is much larger for different uses... places where, if a toddler isn't supervised, could get himself hurt... or even killed... >:'(

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Oh, awesome! :D Hello, Emma! :) How are you?
Hai hai!
I like how it's turning out <3

Hiya! :)
Not bad - busy lol
Been working on getting everything ready to open a storefront :3
We have our building - just waiting on a few remodels to happen then we're ready to get in there and start working on getting it ready for October!
Very exciting <3

How're you?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 PM

Clair is very well, thank you. :D She's just relaxing, chilling out.
Wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday, but I feel much better today. :boogie:

It's been a slow day around here, though. :sweat: A bit boring.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Glad to hear you're feeling better :) <3

Haha Today's been busy - we have a break from work and what do we do instead of working? Cleaning XD
Never a moments rest around here!!
Though the cleaning really did need to get done -- we'd been neglecting the dusting the past week or so due to being out of the house so much :(
Speaking of... I should really go through and do my room/fix my shelves so my snowglobes and music boxes and glasses are actually in a coherent manner instead of just thrown up there when I packed and moved things around xD;
Wanna come climb and do it for me?? XD;
-really hates the climbing-

Ah well - Emmie is tired and needs a nap so this medicine will wear off :)
-really hates this medicine-
TTYL!

By the way -- when is the poster due/when does the contest end?
I can't find it in the post, unless I'm just blind and am totally missing it (which is very possible 'cause that happens a lot) LOL

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM

I haven't listed an end date yet because this place isn't very active. I'll add one as soon as more people come and visit the thread. :)

Talk to you later. :hug:

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 AM

Omg, jelly featured me in August CI thread with this avvie. xD

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM

No way! That's epic. :boogie: Congrats.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-21-2011, 01:25 AM

That is epic! Congrats, sadrain!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-21-2011, 02:05 AM

Congrats Sadrain! :D

@Clair: Well, in once sense that's good because I'm not on Mene but a couple times a week lately 'cause of work, but kinda disappointing in another sense 'cause it'll be awhile before we know who wins LOL!
Ah well!
I'll see if I can't work on it more tonight and maybe finish it ;)

How's everyone else doing tonight?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-21-2011, 02:10 AM

I'm hoping to get more people into the charity. :)
I'm hoping that people will see my signature and by word of others, that more people will come and stay. :boogie:

I'm good... a bit disappointed that a huge storm in the north won't be coming this way... It's so big, over 50 miles away, and I can watch it from my front porch... but it won't come any closer. T.T

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 AM

Haha No, it's totally understandable and I get why - still kinda disappointing though lol

I saw someone's signature -- I think Andais' signature?
And that's how I got here - so it definitely works :3
The butterfly is adorable and that's why I clicked it to see who was running it haha

Haha We're opposite!
If that were my situation, I'd be praying it didn't come to me LOL
I'm petrified of storms!
Luckily I slept through the one earlier :3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-21-2011, 02:25 AM

Lols, there were plenty of people featured, so, congrats to them, too, but when I got her ping I was like omghaveIdoneanythingwrong? Next was: isitabouthercharity??
xDD
I really should be in the beddd. v.v;

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 AM

Hahaha Silly :P
At least it was nothing bad though! :)

I just got woken up so I'm probably going to watch some Kiba anime for a bit and work on this poster :3