bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2024, 01:19 AM

Imagine being a cat living in a highrise... or however that building type is spelled.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-06-2024, 01:58 AM

Haha, I've seen some pretty cute cat videos like that! The highest floor I've ever lived on is the third floor. some of those crazy tall buildings actually sway in the wind, it's insane!

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2024, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Haha, I've seen some pretty cute cat videos like that! The highest floor I've ever lived on is the third floor. some of those crazy tall buildings actually sway in the wind, it's insane!
Scary thought too, the idea that strong enough winds could literally knock your floor right down to the ground.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-06-2024, 02:35 AM

I read some complaints about the tallest apartment building in New York City that the building literally creaked and groaned loudly like a ship and when people dropped garbage down the chute it sounded like a bomb going off. That's a no thanks for me. I don't want to be on a floor so high I can't run out down the stairs if need be.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-06-2024, 04:10 AM

Quote:
I grew up in a teeny tiny town myself.
For the most part I enjoy it. Its quiet. The neighbors are kind of nosy at times but they are friendly enough. Kinda annoying to have to go out to do anything, but you grow used to it

Also, my apartment creaks and groans on the first floor, I can only imagine the really tall ones

Flaria
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Flaria Send a message via MSN to Flaria Send a message via Yahoo to Flaria

Old 01-06-2024, 08:47 AM

Hi and how is everyone doing? I'm doing alright. Lol.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2024, 03:09 PM

Watching the rain, since it's raining in my area. Mostly for it to stop.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM

@ Cora: You definitely know more of other people's business in a small town, lol!

@ Flaria: Hello! I'm doing alright, how about you?

@ Blue: That gif is so cute and calming! It's not raining here today but it does look really dreary...

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-06-2024, 07:21 PM

It snowed overnight here! D:

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
It snowed overnight here! D:

Cats and snow also make for some fun.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-06-2024, 11:06 PM

So Bear. Bear was a strictly indoor cat but he liked to try and sneak out and eat the grass. He never went further then the bottom of the stairs so we would let him think he was sneaking out successfully, stand in the doorway, let him eat grass for a few minutes and go retrieve him. The one time it had snowed. I told him at the door that he wasn't going to like it out there, but the brave little brat just kept right on going. Now as soon as his feet hit the snow he started howling. You'd think he would dart back into the house right? Absolutely not. He would howl with every single step but he just kept right on going until maybe about 5 feet into the yard he just stopped, dead, and started howling even louder. I had to go retrieve him.

Flaria
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Flaria Send a message via MSN to Flaria Send a message via Yahoo to Flaria

Old 01-07-2024, 07:05 AM

@bluerockman: Wish rain more over here in California in the south. Nothing hurts to have more rain or bring in the snow.

@zigbigadorlube: That's good to read and I'm doing alright, just tiny bit tired.

@Kent: Bring some snow over here. Been long time since they snow here where I am at. I know they do snow on the mountains but still.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-07-2024, 10:37 PM

I've brought snow inside in a bowl for Yuna to check out but she didn't care about it at all, lol!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-07-2024, 10:45 PM

Hahahaha, she's like "You are weird human"

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-07-2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post

Cats and snow also make for some fun.
Wow. What a cat. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
So Bear. Bear was a strictly indoor cat but he liked to try and sneak out and eat the grass. He never went further then the bottom of the stairs so we would let him think he was sneaking out successfully, stand in the doorway, let him eat grass for a few minutes and go retrieve him. The one time it had snowed. I told him at the door that he wasn't going to like it out there, but the brave little brat just kept right on going. Now as soon as his feet hit the snow he started howling. You'd think he would dart back into the house right? Absolutely not. He would howl with every single step but he just kept right on going until maybe about 5 feet into the yard he just stopped, dead, and started howling even louder. I had to go retrieve him.
lol Awwwww! ; w;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaria View Post
@Kent: Bring some snow over here. Been long time since they snow here where I am at. I know they do snow on the mountains but still.
I would if I could. XD Sounds like you may need to move to the east coast. > o>

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2024, 12:44 AM

My first cat though, I did take him out in the snow. Every step he took he would shake off the paw he lifted up so he walked super funny. Eventually I felt bad and took him back inside.

Flaria
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2024, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

I would if I could. XD Sounds like you may need to move to the east coast. > o>
Oh, I have been on the East Coast, I recently moved back to my home state of California in 2015 to help my parents. I enjoy Fall and Winter more than Summer, I hated summer. xD Dry Summer and too hot to do much of anything. Why I love Fall and Winter more where I can layered my clothes more. Gets giddy each time, I see snow falling.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-08-2024, 05:21 AM

I have returned from my beach trip, with only minor sand rash to show for it! Women's board shorts designers are nuts; the shorts barely covered my thighs, and my inner thighs ended up absolutely shredded from sand and friction.

Also, I'm definitely an Autumn lady. It's a nice middleground, and I like it when things are slightly chilly.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-08-2024, 06:48 AM

"You're always so busy, so I'll just sleep here."

Flaria
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeapear View Post
I have returned from my beach trip, with only minor sand rash to show for it! Women's board shorts designers are nuts; the shorts barely covered my thighs, and my inner thighs ended up absolutely shredded from sand and friction.

Also, I'm definitely an Autumn lady. It's a nice middleground, and I like it when things are slightly chilly.
It is a nice middleground and as for shorts.. I hated that and harder to find a right kind of shorts even though, I hardly wear shorts but pants. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post

"You're always so busy, so I'll just sleep here."
This gif is how much my cat is at the times whenever she needed my attention.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-08-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaria View Post
It is a nice middleground and as for shorts.. I hated that and harder to find a right kind of shorts even though, I hardly wear shorts but pants. xD
Luckily I don't tend to have chafing issues in everyday life, but there's something about the beach that consistently leaves me with absolutely shredded thighs. I feel like in recent years I've been able to find longer shorts, which is nice, but long board shorts have remained elusive. In my everyday life I tend to stick to pants, skirts, and dresses, though I do have some really nice linen shorts that I got a few years back which are a good length.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2024, 02:13 PM

That gif looks like my cat. A lot of time I'm working Yuna will come lay across my arms which makes it hard to type and then she gives me the side eye for disturbing her when I jiggle her from moving my arms.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2024, 02:42 PM

Quote:
My first cat though, I did take him out in the snow. Every step he took he would shake off the paw he lifted up so he walked super funny. Eventually I felt bad and took him back inside.
I used to put tape on my cats feet to cause that. Thinking back on it, that was kinda mean. But I was little then

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-08-2024, 04:46 PM

I once put a bunch of tiny hair clips on my first kitty's fur. That was also probably pretty mean but I was a kid back then.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-08-2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I once put a bunch of tiny hair clips on my first kitty's fur. That was also probably pretty mean but I was a kid back then.
I'm sure she looked beautiful