xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:09 AM

I was from a country of multi races, so I know a LOT of holidays different races celebrates. The Islams h

EDIT : White day, good! is boy's turn to give girls pressies! I almost forgot that. Most of the time, is the Japanese that celebrates that? I don't know, I only know about White day from Japanese anime.

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:10 AM

Ohh okay. I was really confused. XD

Marshmallows!?
Smores anyone? XDDD

Edit - @Xur

Oh wow, it must be so cool to be multi-cultural! o:
I only have 2 cultures. Wah. XD

Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Old 01-01-2008, 02:13 AM

xuvrette: I washed my clothes this morning! And Happy New Year to you as well.
*loves*

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:14 AM

Blah, I was supposed to wash my clothes yesterday, but it's the New Years, I can be lazy can't I? XDD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 AM

Aimee, yeah, I can smell the fragrance...*sniffs sniffs* What laundry fragrance you use? XD

Midnight~ lol, yeah. We don't have a lot of holidays, but we have a LOT of celebrative holidays. We are the ones that have a lot of reasons for holidays. *chuckles*

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 AM

Most South East Asian countries were heavily influenced by several cultures. By being somewhat in the middle of the place geographically, it received contributions from India, some countries in the West Asia, definitely country from East Asia and a bit of those from Oceania.

That's why it has Islam, Catholicism, Buddhism -and it's many vehicles of which- not to mention such a varied palette of skin color and references to so many others.

It's interesting. :3

Not to mention they -save Thailand- were conquered by the Westerners hence they too left an imprint on their colonies.

Here in the Philippines our national costume were clothes imposed on us by the Spanish. Some of our old houses are made of stone and have that Spanish touch, even the newer ones!

But yes, I think the Japanese really DO celebrate white day... I don't know about smores being a good present though since the chocolates ought to be hand made and special.

I don't think smores are special or hand made enough to compete with a girl or some person's home made hard work... XD' In my opinion, you ought to go make your OWN marshmallows.

Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 AM

MidnightRun: I hope you don't smell!
*giggles*

xuvrette: Hehe, I smell so good. The fragrance is called 'snuggly, cuddly fragrance'. Isn't it amazing?!

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette
Aimee, yeah, I can smell the fragrance...*sniffs sniffs* What laundry fragrance you use? XD

Midnight~ lol, yeah. We don't have a lot of holidays, but we have a LOT of celebrative holidays. We are the ones that have a lot of reasons for holidays. *chuckles*
Watch out, I'll create my own country and we'll have 365 holidays a year. XD jkjk

Oooh. o: Taiwan was under Japanese control for a while, so my mom knows some Japanese. XD She taught me a few words, but I forgot them all! 8DDD

Arg, and I thought the extra marshmallows from my rice crispies would work.. XDD
How do you even MAKE marshmallows? O.o;

Edit - @Aimee
At least I took a shower this morning? >w<''

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:22 AM

Midnight is TAIWAN?! I know that! Taiwanese knew Hokkien and Mandarin and the older generatios JAPANESE!

Aimee~ there is a drama between Mr. Mayor and Viktoria... I was having fun watching...*wet eyes* And... yesh, that is a special kind of fragrance, I am going to look for that kind of fragrance.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2008, 02:23 AM

EEP. I DIDN'T NOTICE AIMEE WAS HERE!

Hello Aimee! ^^;

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Midnight is TAIWAN?! I know that! Taiwanese knew Hokkien and Mandarin and the older generatios JAPANESE!

Aimee~ there is a drama between Mr. Mayor and Viktoria... I was having fun watching...*wet eyes* And... yesh, that is a special kind of fragrance, I am going to look for that kind of fragrance.
Half Taiwanese. XD My Daddie is from mainland China.
I don't know what Hokkien is. D: There's a native language for Taiwan, but I don't know what it's called. Is Hokkien it? o.o;;

Mene Switchboard
。◕‿◕...
Staff Envoy

Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 AM

Midnight: Okay, I guess you don't smell!

xuvrette: You should look out for it! It's beautiful.
And oh no, what happened with Mr.Mayor and Vicky?
*gasp*

Whitebeast: I am indeed here!
Hello.
*smiles*

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2008, 02:28 AM

@_@

Oh dear. I feel so bad not noticing you...

I saw you once or twice but never got to say hello!

HELLO~!

Such bright happy colors you are in... -likes your green'ness-

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 AM

Aimee should head over to Vicktoria's thread... the atmosphere is JUST RIGHT! aww...

Midnight~ Yep. My grandma is from Hokkien place from China, and she use Hokkien to speak there if she cannot deliver her meaning in Mandarin. but she said, she has chatted more native language than Mandarin, lol. You are right, I was at South East Asia~

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:32 AM

Ohh wow. X]]
I have alot of respect for people who know alot of languages. Probably because I already have a really hard time learning my own language, Chinese! >.<''

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:34 AM

Midnight? are you not staing at taiwan or China? How can you have hard time learning CHinese?
All my problems with every language is grammar AND I don't get their poems. lol. I NEVER get what the meaning of poems are...

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Midnight? are you not staing at taiwan or China? How can you have hard time learning CHinese?
All my problems with every language is grammar AND I don't get their poems. lol. I NEVER get what the meaning of poems are...

I was born in America. o:
At first I started speaking Chinese mandarin [my first word was 'ba ba' to my mommie's dismay XD] but then I went to American schools so I stopped learning Chinese. :[

Infancy to childhood is the best time to learn languages so yeah, it's hard for me now I guess. >.<'
My parents are thinking about sending me to China to learn more Chinese, but I would really miss my friends here in America. >.<

Lol yeah! My Chinese teacher taught our class some poems or quotes. Was not understanding anything. XD

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 AM

._. I wish I continued learning Chinese.

Their stories...tales, histories and beautiful poetry.

I can only rely on translations.

Their writings are so profound.

-nosebleeds at the amazing Sun Tzu-

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeast
._. I wish I continued learning Chinese.

Their stories...tales, histories and beautiful poetry.

I can only rely on translations.

Their writings are so profound.

-nosebleeds at the amazing Sun Tzu-
I don't understand about having nosebleeds at things. O.o;
Because I heard some guys nosebleeding at pretty girls so... XD -confused-

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:43 AM

I think... Chinese is a language that should learn in early age, because... hey... every words look SO DIFFERENT! and there are more than thousands and millions of words! If you learn CHinese, it is easier for you to learn Japanese. Chinese is hardest in terms of words, French is the the confusing language.

I don't get poems... whichever language, which is why I actually don't appreciate Shakespeare.

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
I think... Chinese is a language that should learn in early age, because... hey... every words look SO DIFFERENT! and there are more than thousands and millions of words! If you learn CHinese, it is easier for you to learn Japanese. Chinese is hardest in terms of words, French is the the confusing language.

I don't get poems... whichever language, which is why I actually don't appreciate Shakespeare.
Ooohh, most of my friends are going to learn French for their language in high school. o:
My mom wants me to learn Spanish for high school though, she thinks it's more useful.

And yeah, I kinda wished I learned more Chinese when I was younger. X[ Because I would have learned English anyway. XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:50 AM

I am already so disappointed with my parents, I only know how to speak Mandarin and one dialect, I could have know 2 other dialects IF only my parents talk to me like that. Mandarin and Cantonese, dad is Hokkien, mom is Hakka. They share teh same words but different dialect. *sighs* Dialect is different, you cannot learn by reading, can only learn by talking.

MidnightRun
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2008, 02:58 AM

Oooh~ o: My friend can speak English, Cantounese, and some Mandarin! She's quite lucky.

Reading characters is especially hard for me! @.@;
When I read my textbook, I constantly have to look back on the other page that has the pinyin on it. >.<''

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-01-2008, 03:00 AM

When people have nosebleeds it's due to sudden pressure at the head due to stress or tension.

It could be a sudden rush of emotion or feeling such as sexual lust or just plain inability to understand or comprehend.

In my country---more specifically the province/city I'm currently residing in, 'nosebleed' is a slang term for something so difficult you nosebleed at how hard it is!

Or so I take it that way O3o;

I can speak English, I do well in our national language and the local one where I'm at---I just phail. Like...PHAIL.

Thing is... Even if I did learn Chinese, I wouldn't be able to use it since nobody speaks it here. Nor will I get any other place for practice save at school. DX

Plus I stopped going to a Chinese school already.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-01-2008, 03:01 AM

awww...? Why stopped going to Chinese School?