Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 PM

I'm looking for people interested in playing a group rp about superheroes in the wild west. Storyline wise things are fairly flexible. I'm generally a fan of the old standard "has powers, must keep them/identity a secret for fear of society/monsters/evil-doers/etc" springboard. We can always mix up having 'teams' with some lone-wolf characters (which wouldn't be a bad hero name, if you're into it! ; ))
  • The world would probably be fairly similar to real life, though obviously with a more "Bonanza" lilt.
  • One thing is that each of the heroes would need a real weakness.
  • I think it might be fun if everyone had at least two characters active in the game at one time: one hero and one villain... because while being a hero is great and all, playing a villain is terribly fun.

Alright! Let's hear what you have to say... I'm all ears. : )
(... and I am aiming on starting this one ASAP!)

CHARACTER SKELETON:
HTML Code:
[CENTER]--Image--[/CENTER]

[B]Character Name:[/B]
[B]Hero Persona:[/B]
[B]Physical Description:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]Quirks:[/B]
[B]Powers (2):[/B]
[B]Weaknesses (2):[/B] (One must be crippling to their ability to function.)
[B]Occupation:[/B]
[B]Relationships:[/B]
[B]Back story:[/B]

Last edited by Mythos; 03-15-2013 at 04:49 PM..

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM

it sounds fun I would love to join if you would have me.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM

If you want a real spaghetti western spin on 'Lone Wolf', you should call him 'Lobo Solo' or something... I don't know why that's the first thing that came into my mind. :P

You might also want to limit how many people-- if any-- are allowed to have bulletproof characters... And/or how many superpowers they have. A game full of Superman types-- bulletproof, flies, laser vision, super speed, super strong, etc.-- would get boring really fast. Maybe everybody can have 2-3 superpowers? I dunno, just throwing that out there.

I kind of like the idea of a medium/channeler... especially if we're talking one of those movie-type Wild West towns where there are tons of deaths...

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM

Definitely, Temple! :D
If you have any ideas to jazz up the gist of it any more feel free to just post them.

Wyrm: xD Lobo Solo sounds like some horrible Chewy/Han love child I'd be terrified to meet.
Yeah, there'd definitely need to be limits on powers or kinds of powers to keep ourselves out of god mode. 2 powers sounds more than fine, but weaknesses need to definitely be weaknesses. None of this "cares too much~" business.

I am hoping to get this game started ASAP, if anyone has any suggestions to spice up the gist already posted, please feel free to post them.

Last edited by Mythos; 03-14-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Temple

Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM

well this could be based around the birth of super powers so it wouldn't have super villains right away but the growth of greed and need for power. and I agree with Wyrmskyld on limiting superpowers

Last edited by Temple; 03-14-2013 at 09:24 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM

Sure, sounds good to me! We could have a lot of turmoil crop up as certain personalities want to go one way and others want to go another with their new found gifts...

Right, right. I'm going to get started on a character skeleton and maybe (hopefully) we can get one more person interested!

Temple

Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM

do you want us to post them on here

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 PM

Sure, I'll make an OOC and game thread in a little bit and repost them there. : )

As for me...

Character Name: Miss Lydia Ivy
Hero Persona: "White Lady"
Physical Description: Lydia is a little shorter than average with hazel eyes and blonde hair that is generally tied back in a neat bun for the classes she teaches. Her hands are often covered in chalk dust, as are her dresses. Generally for school days she wears a grey or black dress, but she does keep a little something fine for Sunday services.
Personality: She strives to be pleasant and uplifting, through privately Lydia has some real confidence issues to sort out.
Quirks: Tats (makes lace) almost exclusively when she angry or upset
Powers (2): Pass through solid matter, become invisible (by temporarily traveling through spirit world)
Weaknesses (2): Both powers require a trained focus and Lydia becomes susceptible/target to harm from spirits while "invisible" (Due to their jealousy of her ability to return to the land of the living, the longer/more often she is using their world, the less hospitable they become)
Relationships: None
Back story: Lydia is the second daughter of three born to an apothecary owner and his wife. Since the beginning she can recall always feeling 'invisible' as the 'forgotten middle child', but when she turned 14 and discovered there was a little more truth in the phrase for her than most other middle children. Instead of marrying off early like her sisters Lydia, who struggled in all of her previous attempts to associate with men, became a schoolmistress in one of the few towns her father decided to set up shop in.

Half a year ago her family moved further West to take advantage of the boom towns cropping up here and there, but tied to her duties as the schoolmistress she insist that she remain. It wasn't a popular decision with her family, but after the pleading of a few mothers to allow her to stay until another schoolmistress could be found (at least) they were convinced to part ways.

Last edited by Mythos; 03-15-2013 at 12:03 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM

Character Name:Silas 'Silent' Kelly
Hero Persona: Death Rattle
Physical Description: Tall, tanned, with sunstreaked dark brown curls and grey eyes. Usually clean and cleanshaven.
Personality: The nickname 'Silent' came honestly. Silas always seems to be quiet and thinking deep thoughts. Perhaps a bit absentminded. Very polite. Women find him intriguingly mysterious, and men find him good-natured, pleasant company. He usually has an even temper and seems almost impossible to anger, but every once in a while something sets him off with disastrous results for whoever angered him. Sometimes his personality just -changes- for a few hours-- see Weaknesses.
Quirks: Quiet. Doesn't drink much, by Western standards. Very aware of his personal cleanliness. If he weren't so tough he might be considered a bit of a dude.
Powers: 1)Speaks to spirits-- or rather, spirits speak to him. Often. It's why he's quiet and seems absentminded. He's listening. 2) Can grant the ability to see and hear spirits to other people temporarily.
Weaknesses: 1) Has a significant chance of being possessed by the ghosts he speaks to. If the ghost succeeds, it will try to carry out whatever purpose brought it back as a ghost. 2) He's always being pestered by spirits. It's like having annoying younger siblings who can walk through walls and never have to stop to eat or breathe.
Relationships: With living people? Not many. Everyone seems to like him but nobody really knows him, and sometimes he has trouble telling if the person he's talking to is living or dead.
Back story: Silent's family has always had a history of what his grandmother called 'the Sight'. He was born in Chicago, and while he was still a baby his father took Horace Greeley's advice and 'went West', and his mother found another husband. Her new husband didn't want someone else's child, so baby Silas was sent to live with his Irish grandmother. He's glad of that, because she knew what to do when the small boy started talking to ghosts. Granny Kelly died of old age shortly after he graduated college, and her ghost asked him to find his father. He's been looking for several years, but hasn't found any information lately.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 AM

Awesome, I love it xD

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 AM

so far we have the goth cowboy couple. XD Hopefully Temple has something more upbeat!

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 AM

xD hopefully!

I made us a little something, something!

chellybean1985
*^_^*

Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 AM

I would like to join if you would like I can do either guys or girls although having another girl in there might help spice things up a bit.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 01:04 AM

Sure thing! The more, the merrier!
You can post your character bio here or in the OOC thread (the link is in the first 'something', I believe)

You can play whatever gender you'd like. : )

Temple

Old 03-15-2013, 01:09 AM

Character Name:Ohanko
Hero Persona:reckless red
Physical Description: Ohanko is a large man with long black hair that is braided all the way down with a eagle feather located at the top he wears a dusty suit with a shotgun holster on the right side.
Personality:Ohanko like his name is reckless when it come's to danger charging in to help who ever is in danger Ohanko tho try's to keep to himself being a native american but never letting himself become depressed.
Quirks:when ever Ohanko becomes stressed he finds himself playing with children because of there innocence.
Powers :(1) Ohanko has hawk like eye's able to see farther then normal people can (2)Ohanko has super reflexes from slashing with tomahawks to drawing a gun.
Weaknesses (2):Ohanko's powers are almost charged by the sun so if he finds himself outside of the suns reach for more then twenty four hours it renders his powers useless. Ohanko's powers can not be used at the same time as each other
Occupation:Ohanko helps at the school and also helps with heavy lifting but isn't able to get a real job because of who he is.
Relationships:Ohanko has two brothers and an older sister who are still with his people
Back story:Ohanko come's from a large tribe that like other tribes fallows the buffalo but Ohanko did not think that this was the life he would live after being given access to leave his people he took the amount of money that he had taken off of dead raiders that he killed buying a suit even when he looked like any other person he was shunned on for his skin but this never stopped him from smiling on life and his ancestors Ohanko when he was 25 found himself helping every one that he thought needed it from defending caravans to repairing buildings he always tried to help he always thought that his gifts were given to him from his ancestors to help people in need of help.

DONE FINALLY and this was mostly looking for a good pic

Last edited by Temple; 03-15-2013 at 01:27 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 01:24 AM

Looks pretty good so far, but there needs to be two weaknesses... also is there a sense of how much 'power'/'energy' he can use before he wears down and needs to recharge, in a sense?

Yeah.. pictures have been kind of a problem. Wyrmskyld found the one I'm using and I found Wyrmskyld's character's reference image. Well, they all have awesome pictures!

Anyways... can we get that second weakness before I post your profile up? :D

Temple

Old 03-15-2013, 01:27 AM

and I'm guessing they would become weaker the longer he isn't in the sun.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 03-15-2013, 01:38 AM

Kk, I've added him to both threads.
I'm planning on making my first post here in a while and we can let this game take off. : )