CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-04-2011, 07:15 PM

(Hi! I'm CADFND! I came across something like this during the Summer Boardwalk event, and wanted to do something like it~ It's an Open RP thread, anyone can join. No rules save for the following of the TOS.)

There had always been a rumor about the thick forest on the edge of Stonethrow Village. The kids said that everything that went bump in the night lived in the forest, which they called 'The Foggy Forest'. It was said that if one went into the forest at night, they would never be seen again. On Halloween, it was an especially popular dare to send someone into the forest, but usually, the children chickened out and the teens and parents simply paid no heed. Little did they know what really went on in the forest. Though, every so often, a person does wander into the forest. Whether it was because of a dare or sheer curiosity, what they find was never what they expect.

Stella sat atop one of the towering trees, the cool breeze gently playing with her long blond hair. The kids were staying away from the forest, as usual. She sighed, standing as she brushed off her long black dress. She almost wished that a human would come wandering in. But she knew that would be problematic, especially with the other creatures so sure to arrive soon. She snapped her fingers and found herself at the base of the tree. She stood waiting, however, leaning against the tree. The ghosts and ghouls, other witches and wizards like herself, and creatures of other kinds gathered tonight in the forest in a sort-of celebration. She had prepared a house deep in the heart of the forest with food and drink for the various spirits and monsters. All she needed now was to wait for someone to arrive. After all, she didn't want to be an ungrateful hostess.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 AM

Janu tended to avoid populated cities except when it was necessary for supplies. For this reason she knew nothing of the reputation of the forest, though as half human, half Senka'Nee she wouldn't exactly stand out. The Senka'Nee were known as shadow cats due to their power over shadows by most human and even magical communities. Most Senka'Nee lived on another plane of existence, connected to this one only through shadows which they could use like doors to enter this one as well as many others. Her father had done such a thing and spread his seed for his own dark purposes in various women both human and not. Janu kept on the move to avoid him, and slipped into the forest now to continue on her long journey, for as a half ling she could not leave this world even if it often confused her with a were-cat or worse.

She stepped into the forest not far from stella, one furry ear twitching as she closed her eyes. She could hear the other snap her fingers and quickly pinpointed the direction. Normally she would have continued without stopping but something about the smell of the woman had her curious. She didn't smell quite... normal. So she walked towards the other woman, pulling her shrug closer nervously. Despite her white skin matching her fur she truly only had fur on her ears and tail most of the time anymore so she was vulnerable to the weather as any human would be. It was her most comfortable form so usually the one she kept.

She glanced over the other woman now that she had her in sight. Pretty, blond, Petite. She looked human enough but something about her just didnt' feel human. Janu bit her lip, carefully due to ehr fangs and debated if she should announce herself. She was, however, a careful creature and didn't tend to step into unknown situations without good reason and this was very unknown. She tilted her head to the side, hiding in the shadow of a tree thoughtfully.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 AM

Stella hummed. She thought she heard something. Perhaps it was just her over-eager imagination, but she had a feeling that it wasn't. Her intuition had helped her as much as it hurt her. Tonight was the night where all of the night creatures seemed to have a truce. She stepped forward.

"Hello? Anyone there?" She called. If whatever it was didn't want to talk to her whatsoever, it could just pass her by if it wanted to. "I mean no harm, if that means anything to you."

She'd know in the next five minutes whether she'd met a friend, foe, or no one at all.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 02:36 AM

Janu hesitated, debating a moment. She did have a few means of protecting herself... other then the sword on her waist but she was still uncertain. She did not know the abilities or alignment of the creature before her, only that she wasn't completely human. That did tend to mean she'd be more likely to accept her though and she did not sound threatening... merely curious. So finally Janu came to a decision.

"Just a traveler passing through...." She said quietly as she stepped into the light. Her cat like eyes reflected it slightly and she studied Stella again in thought. She prepared to respond to either friendship or an attack but gave the woman a small, almost shy smile. She was hoping for friendship... she was tired and not particularly interested in fighting anyone. That had never stopped fights from finding there way to her, however.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 03:26 AM

Stella smiled widely. "I see. My name's Stella. I'm a witch." The blond was happy to finally have someone to talk to. She'd been waiting for a shorter time than she thought she had been, she knew, but it just felt like so long. The witch folded her hands in front of her, "I've been preparing for a gathering, but it doesn't seem like anyone else is coming." She took her eyes away from the person in front of her to glare at the sky. She'd welcome anyone else who was going to come, but she wasn't just going to sit and wait. She resumed a kind gaze toward the girl in front of her, "You can stay at my place, if you'd like. Say... What's your name?"

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 AM

Mitchell walked along the forest slowly with his boyfriends hand in his own. Mitch thought he heard something but he wasn't sure, so he didn't want to worry Damien. Mitch continued forward until he seen figures in the distance, he froze watching them. 'What are they doing here' he thought to himself. Mitchell pulled his boyfriend along quickly in their direction, when they got closer he stopped noticing that they were two very beautiful women. Mitchell wasn't sure how to approach them, but did anyhow. "Hello, I wasn't expecting to see anyone else here." Mitchell bowed to the ladies, trying to be respectful. "Reason is because I heard the rumors about the forest, and truthfully didn't think that anyone would come here alone after they heard those. Unless you two came together?" Mitchell leaned against a near by tree watching Damien smile. "Even I wouldn't be here, If Mitch hadn't dragged me along." Damien said quietly.

CADFND: I decided to join you.

Last edited by GrandpaGeorge; 11-06-2011 at 03:46 AM..

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 AM

"Oh!" Stella smiled at the two men. "Ah, yeah, the rumors do usually keep most people away. Witches and ghosts and everything that goes bump in the night." She studied the two of them. They looked like a normal couple. If they were normal humans, this might turn out to be a problem. "Do you believe in it?" She tried to sound more neutral than hopeful or sarcastic. After all, she didn't want to give herself away.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 AM

"I... am Janu. Nobody important. I would like a place to stay though... if you're sure. I mean...." She trailled off, running a hand through her raven hair and twitching her ears back. She relaxed, however, and gave the blond woman a smile. She was starting to feel comfortable with her. A witch huh? Hmm a witch and a cat woman, how well they went along. She heard someone coming then, however, and turned towards the sound. She had her hand at her waist as she waited to see who and what it was.

She saw as the other woman showed caution but Janu could not hide what she was. So she sighed, deciding they could gamble. If the men were dangerous they would attack her first and assume the girl human for long enough for her to get away. They didn't sound dangerous but Janu had long learned to never underestimate anyone.

"Well... It's easier when you're not human and a little dangerous yourself...Why are you here?" She said coldly, cautiously stepping into the light so her cat like features would be clear. Her cold white skin could be ignored but those ears, tail, claws, and eyes could not be ignored so easily. She had been scorned for her inhumanity many a time and she half expected it now. If they feared the forest... but still she was unsure. She would wait until she was sure.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 AM

"I believe that the rumors may be true" Mitch stepped forward away from the tree. "Being half human, I can protect myself." Mitch said flipping his hair out of his face. Damien stood beside his boyfriend with a proud look on his face. "I'm an elf, so I can protect myself too. I don't need protecting of any form." Damien said sternly, Mitch laughed at this. "I don't try to protect you. It's just sometimes I feel the urge to." Mitch said hugging Damien tightly. "I know, It's okay" Damien sighed and leaned against the tree once again.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 AM

Stella smiled at the two of them. They were cute. "Well, then, I suppose that it's alright to tell you this. I'm Stella. I'm also a witch." The blond said. "I was going to hold a gathering of sorts at my place. It's hidden from most of the humans. Everything that isn't human, or isn't totally human, is welcome. That is, if you'd all like to stay."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 04:19 AM

Janu watched them a moment in thought, they seemed.... intimate somehow. She flushed at the thought, glancing to the ground and for a moment all the fight went out of her. She'd keep herself quiet for a moment as the witch spoke and the group interacted. So no one was fully human, or at least not a normal human, here. She nodded to herself in thought, relaxing again before gazing between the two. She waited for the boys to react to the invitation, not sure what to say yet.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 AM

Mitch smiled back at Stella. " A witch, I've never met a witch before. It's very nice to meet you." he walked towards her grabbing her hand and giving it a small kiss. "I wouldn't mind staying for awhile" Mitch said bowing and walking back over to where Damien was standing. "I can stay too I guess." Damien said with a smile. "It'll be fun" Both the boys said at the same time.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 04:30 AM

Stella grinned, ecstatic. "Great! I'm glad to have you!" It had been a long time since the last gathering she held, and that hadn't ended well. She hoped that this gathering would be fun.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 AM

"And anything you need help with, We'd be more than happy." Mitchell said cheerfully. "Yeah" Damien added in.

(I'm going blank)

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 AM

Janu watched the smooth male kiss the other woman's hand and raised an eyebrow. She never trusted men like that, they were too hard to read. She would still keep quiet a moment, feeling a little out of place among the three beautiful and fairly human looking people. She supposed she should introduce herself and would finally do so, with her hands crossed behind her back to keep thoughts steady.

"My names janu btw... so is there going to be food or something at this...gathering?" She asked the last politely, curious. It had been a while since she'd eaten. the last town had chased her out of it.... it hadn't provided many places to stop and eat. It didn't help that a white lion were cat was running around eating people right now...and she was easy to confuse with one

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 11-06-2011, 04:38 AM

"Nice to meet you Janu" Mitch bowed with a smile. "I suppose you'll be at the 'gathering'?" Damien added in after Mitchell was finished. "I just can't wait to meet new people" Mitch said excitedly.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 AM

"It's nice to meet you all." Stella said. She turned to Janu, "Yes, there is food. Anything you want, really. I can prepare lots of things."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 AM

Janu blushed as they all turned attention to her at once. She glanced away, coughing to try and hide the blush. She nodded in agreement to show she would be there, briefly glancing at Damian. He seemed a little rougher around the edges so she trusted him a little more but mitch was speaking so excitedly she couldn't help but chuckle a little. She bit her lip, stiffling the sound as best she could before looking at the other woman.

"As long as there's a vegetable or fruit dish I'm happy..." Janu said with a shrug. Honestly she disliked meat, perhaps because of the cat like part of her that it excited so much. She would eat meat if starvation was the alternative as winter often made it, but when she had a choice she went with vegetables or fruit. It was a quirk of hers that few of her fellow feline beings could understand.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 11-06-2011, 05:17 AM

"Of course." Stella said, happy that the feline girl was going to come. "Now, shall we get going? It won't take long to get there." Stella snapped her fingers and a portal appeared. "It would take quite a while for anyone walking, but with this we can get there as quickly as if stepping through a doorway." She hoped that she didn't sound overly eager. She was just happy to have company that didn't want to harm her.