Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 10-19-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm sad that Frenchie went away as well. :'< I knew she wouldn't stay long though. She's not bitchy enough to be part of the GG cast for long. xDD;; No one can be totally innocent/sweet/good/etc on GG, imo. 8DD;;

Blair is my favorite character as well. :'> <3<3
I think the massive front is part of her charm, even if it does get irritating after a while. ^^;; I remember reading that that's really how Blair is supposed to be played, according to Leighton Meester? Or at least, I think that's her personal interpretation of it. I think. I can't remember the interview's details for sure. >.<;;

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM

@Seiki: Yeah, when Nancy started getting involved with the maternity store/the tunnel and Esteban, things definitely went downhill. When Agrestic burned down, the premise of the show totally changed. It was no longer "suburban pot dealer mom" but instead "hardcore drug/woman trafficker" Nancy. Boohiss! I always liked Shane more than Silas too, but not anymore. Silas actually seems to be the only family member with a functional brain. I just hope he gets to go to college at some point and leave Nancy to her own devices. :/

Yeah, I know GG needed C/B drama -- I mean, I've always loved them as a couple. But after Chuck's actions last season, I just don't know about their chemistry anymore. If I were Blair, I'd be avoiding him entirely. But Frenchie didn't make him a better person, not really. Maybe if she would have stuck around for the long-haul, she might have been a great influence on his life, but with the short time they were together, I don't think she changed him deeply enough for it to stick.

But yeah Ry, she was wayyyy too nice to stick around long. She wasn't up to snuff when it cames to having a skin thick enough to deal with the upper eastsiders.

Rylynne

Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM

I agree. :x I love me some Chuck/Blair romance, but I don't see them properly resolving things in the end. :'< Sure, they'll get back together eventually (because I can sense the GG fans revolting against the show if they don't, seriously xDD), but I have a feeling they'll only get back "for real" due to audience demand. :x

Yeah, Frenchie should have stuck around for a couple more episodes so that she can rub off more on Chuck permanently. xDD;; I actually thought that she would rub off on Blair as well (helping Chuck and Blair resolve their conflict somewhat), but yeah, that theory went out the window real fast. ^^;;

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM

I'm totally tuning this page out.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 10-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Did you watch Weeds last night? It was just dumb. I don't even know how much of it I remember to be honest. It was forgettable, boring, stupid. I can't wait for the series to be over. I'm just watching out of loyalty now.

I think Frenchie was a wonderful influence on Chuck. Maybe he wasn't changing to better himself for the right reasons, but he was becoming a better person. And I think had he and Blair stopped acting like they were three and fighting over who got to play with more toys than the other, they could have at least managed to be friends. It's too bad that Blair had to go all scheme-y and mess that all up because she's still insecure about him sleeping with Jenny.

Oh, and to top off all the GG drama, wtf with Georgina + baby, and now Jenny is coming back from exile to torture us all with more angsty suffering that really just makes the rest of the cast look top notch in comparison. Her character started off so likeable and then they just made her into this demon out to get everybody. It's like she's every single character in the show combined together into one little hurricane who's main job is to eff shit up! She sleeps with Chuck, tries to steal Dan from Serena, makes drama with Eric and her parents, dates a drug dealer, dresses like a prostitute (is the wardrobe department even styling her anymore or is she just bringing the clothes from her own closet?), and now she's freaking back thanks to Chuck who wants to stir some more drama with Blair by helping J get into Parsons. Does she even remember how to design and create clothes? Wasn't that storyline played out at the end of season one? It's not that I don't like Taylor Momson, it's just she's such a freaking annoying little brat. Why does she have to feel that she's above everything, including the law. I want her to go crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of my life.

Cami, you're just not very fun then!

Gonna be posting semi-final banners in just a minute for you guys to give me opinions on, and I think I'm going to make a new poll to be the deciding factor for which ones will be the final banners.

Seiki Nova

Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 PM

New Poll added. Please vote you guys! <3

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 PM

I pretty much have no idea what you're talking about. I know what Gossip Girls is, and I'm amused by their marketing. That's about it.

Seiki Nova

Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Just nevermind.

Vote in the poll please everyone <3

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-19-2010, 06:36 PM

Huh. Totally missed the poll, even though my post was apparently 18 minutes after your one adding the poll.

Seiki Nova

Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM

Well to add a poll to a thread that has already had a poll deleted, you have to make a new topic and have it merged. It wasn't merged yet when you posted originally.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 PM

Personally - I love the way the white looks more blended into the thread white background - but the black looks more complete. So I can't really decide. *eeep*

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM

ohhh. That explains a lot.

I chose the white one. They're both cool, but the white just works better for me.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-19-2010, 07:19 PM

I'munna use the spoons like a responsible mofo. >:B

Quote:
- Black or white background? Why?
White because, like you said, it looks happier and more inviting. Also, the black is really harsh on the eyes and looks dangerous. D:

Quote:
- Do they fit together well? Colors balanced?
Definitely. C: You can't really go wrong with primary colors.

Quote:
- Do you like them or should I start from scratch with a new concept?
I like them, even if that brush set is a little overused... it works, and I like the way you combined everything, it's very creative.

Quote:
- Should I make the edges rounded, or square?
I dunno if it matters since I chose the white background, but if it comes down to it, go with rounded. It looks more polished that way.

Quote:
- Should I change the font? Gradient the outlines? Change the placement?
I think the font you used looks fine, but I don't really care for it. Maybe a jellyka font? (I'm assuming you use dafonts and know what I'm talking about. xD) The outlines and placement are fine as they are. Great job on the banners. :3

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Having not seen the spoons earlier, I'm going to assume that he added them in later, just to mess with me. Like that poll post.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Ha ha....Cora is the odd man out....she likes the black T.T

Quote:
Black. The black has a mysterious heir that is really inviting. It also makes the bright colors really pop!

Quote:
I adore the colors which are balanced quite nicely.

Quote:
I like them! Dont change them.

Quote:
The square looks nice but a rounded edge might look neat as well.

Quote:
I like the font and then I dont. Not sure exactly how I feel about it, gradient outlines would be cool and the placement is good.

Last edited by Cora; 10-19-2010 at 08:28 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM

I voted for black. I would have voted for white if the swirly back design was smaller or the text was centered more. For some reason, it irks me to have a huge gap of white before you reach the text.

EDIT 1: Oh, and the font is okay, but I could see some other styles working a little better against the grungy feel I get from the background design. (I only say grungy because it reminds me of spray paint, and for some reason I connect those ideas together.)

EDIT 2: Maybe one of these fonts would be okay: http://www.webdesignbooth.com/60-awe...hould-collect/

Last edited by Ferra; 10-19-2010 at 10:37 PM..

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 PM

I like the Abusive Pencil font o.0

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 PM

Lots of comments. *nod nod*

Rylynne

Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 AM

I like the white more because it's more inviting, like you said. :'>
But the black one is really polished as well. But, for the needs of this contest, maybe white should be the way to go, even if the black one is just as smexeh. >8] <3<3

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 10-20-2010, 03:18 AM

I agree with Rylynne entirely, although I do think that if you were to go with the black, you should replace the yellow with purple, since that yellow looks really garish (not the best word choice, but whatever) with the black.

Rylynne

Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 AM

... am I supposed to answer the spoons btw? o_o;;
I could if I'm supposed to. xDD;;

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 10-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Hello everyone.

I hope everyone is getting excited for the next round.

Rylynne

Old 10-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Are you applying for the next round, Sakura? :'> <3<3

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Okay, I'm too lazy to go back and comment more on Weeds and GG, because that would require a bunch of typing. But needless to say, I've been disappointed with both. I haven't seen Weeds this week yet, but I'll let you know tomorrow how disappointing it was.

One show I have NOT been disappointed by though yet this season -- Dexter. SO GREAT. :XD Also, The Big C has been really excellent as well. I was also weirded out by the Mad Men finale, but the season overall was enjoyable.

And now, to answer spoons:
Quote:
Black. I think it pops more against the white background. While the white is nice, I think the black draws you in more.

Quote:
I like them as a whole. Colors and background graphic choices are good.

Quote:
No! Don't start from scratch! They're good already, with the need of a few minor tweaks.

Quote:
My personal preference is rounded. But I always like a nice, rounded box or button on the web. XP

Quote:
This is the part I wanted to make comments on really. I'm not partial to the font, but right now I can't think of a really great one you could use... I'll think on it as I work in Photoshop today. :D

I also don't like the stroke/outline on the font. But this could be just because I don't like the font particularly. :yes: I sometimes like strokes on fonts, but it really depends on the look of the font. If you stick with this font, I'd be tempted to make the stroke smaller, or do away with it altogether. I also think you could make the text larger to fill more of the space. Placement is fine by me. :)

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 10-20-2010, 02:13 PM

When is the estimate time the next round would start?
I think I may have a little bit of free time during my short break. :o

Quote:
Black or white background? Why?
White. While I prefer how the design looks with the black background, but with the words included, particular on the "Project Mene" one, it doesn't appeal/pop up as well as the white, being a little 'swallowed' by the black.

I wonder if you changed the stroke to light blue, would it be a little better?

Quote:
Do they fit together well? Colors balanced?
Quote:
Do you like them or should I start from scratch with a new concept?
The design as a whole I like very much. I think the colours go nicely together.
What you already have is good. There is no need to start over.

Quote:
Should I make the edges rounded, or square?
I personally prefer rounded edges, but it's personal preference.

Quote:
Should I change the font? Gradient the outlines? Change the placement?
I am okay with the font, though you could try others, like perhaps something bolder/blockier, especially for the black background. Or, you could change the placement of "Project Mene" a little, with "Project" going above "Mene", but moved to the left. The one with "Rules and Stuff" already look okay to me, I personally don't feel the need to change that one.