Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM

what do you need, Crow?

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
It actually seems really short to me. :gonk: Which is why I'm considering staying for longer, but that would depend on if I can find a different job. I'm allowed to recontract for up to 5 years, which is what I plan to do. (But you're right, the base contract is only for one year, except you're pretty much guaranteed to get renewed as long as you're not a terrible teacher.)

Yikes, sounds like you have a lot going on. I commend you for working full-time and taking classes! I seriously could not do that. Schoolwork took so much of my time and attention that I didn't bother getting a job during my final two years at university. I'm glad you have time to meet with friends and family, though. What are you studying?

Me? I'm doing great. :) I really enjoy my job, I've been gradually improving my Japanese so I can have proper conversations now (though I'm far from fluent), and I've made a bunch of friends that I have the good fortune of seeing pretty often. In short - life is good.
I don't know if I could ever be a teacher. Maybe when I got old enough and retired I wouldn't mind being like a college professor or something, but at the same time I don't want to be the has-been that's stuck working as a teacher later on in life like the majority of my film professors. I'm glad you're having fun doing it though. It's not for everyone, especially if you're moving to a foreign country to do so. And five years seems like a really long time in the short-term perspective. Five years from now I'll be 27 and hopefully living in New York as an editor or at the very least working for a publishing house trying to climb my way up to an editor position. And probably working in a coffee shop part-time so I can pay my bills haha.

Like I was saying in my thread, I have too much stuff planned not to work and go to school at the same time. I'm going to England in a year and a half for my study abroad, and I need to have my car paid off before then and enough money saved so that I can afford to live there comfortably for five months. I want to be able to travel on my weekends, even if it's just for day trips so I can see some of Europe and get my passport stamped a bunch of times!

But I like the challenge of working and going to school as well. It keeps me on my toes so I make sure to get everything done and not waste my time like I'm prone to doing.

And to answer your question, I'm a double major in English Lit/Film and Media Studies. I'm hoping to be an editor and I just thought that film would be a good background to have when considering book proposals since a lot of the film industry is influenced by books these days. And the two majors fit so well together it's like I'm not even doing any extra work for them.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 04:33 PM

i would have loved to stay forever in Japan.

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 PM

I wanted to go to Japan when I was younger and into that whole thing and then I kind of outgrew it. Not that I wouldn't still love to go to Japan just to experience the culture first hand, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM

I'd love to visit Japan someday, but I'd definitely need someone familiar with the language and culture to act as a sort of guide for me. Who knows, maybe Ferra will still be there and I can bug her to help me around. :poke: :lol:

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 05:34 PM

That would be amusing. I could just picture it. You would see something, say that it was cute, and ask where the nearest cat was. And meanwhile Ferra would be walking around calling for cats in Japanese like a crazy cat lady while you bounce up and down with excitement haha.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 05:46 PM

that would be awesome, Cherry!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM

I would live in those cat cafes! :lol:

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM

I don't doubt it haha! ; )

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM

hi everyone :)

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:52 PM

Afternoon, everyone @.@

@Cherry: Awww that bunny is so cute <3 I remember when my sister and I found a baby bunny in our yard, it's foot was broken I think and we couldn't do anything to save it :(

Also, thank you! I love these kung-fu tops haha

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM

So, what are everyone's plans for today? Planning on grabbing Sunday by the horns and getting stuff done, or sitting around and enjoying the time off?

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
That would be amusing. I could just picture it. You would see something, say that it was cute, and ask where the nearest cat was. And meanwhile Ferra would be walking around calling for cats in Japanese like a crazy cat lady while you bounce up and down with excitement haha.
HAHA, that's like, the extent of my Japanese.

"KAWAII DESU!!! Neko wa doko desu ka? Neko-chan?!" :rofl:

ALSO HI THREAD. I have invaded. Teeheehee!

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Ah cherry, you're wearing the Celes Paradi drapey toga thing... My first and favourite event!

Scratch that, the first Celes Paradi was my first event..

Last edited by lunanuova; 05-27-2012 at 06:00 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM

I'm going to be lazy. :ninja:

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Now I can't find mine in my inventory.. where'd it go?

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Oh yeah, what am I doing today... I'm going to submit my hard word find to Knerd even though I know that it's probably wrong, and I'm going to the STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL!!!!! in the village today since it's SUNNY and not cloudy and cold like yesterday.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-27-2012, 06:00 PM

Sounds fun, Keyori, have a great time!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-27-2012, 06:00 PM

Ooh strawberry festival! Hope you have fun. :B

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:03 PM

Me too! We drove by it yesterday (we have to go through the village any time we want to go anywhere basically) and there was a TON of stuff there! We were way blown away by how big it was. This town is so tiny!

There were a lot of inflatables too! But they're only for little kids ;_;

I miss the block party at my college, the student union would rent a ton of inflatables and have a beer garden xD

Pretty much the dream :cool:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:08 PM

Keyori - That's better than I could do! I think all I can say is "thank you, cute cat." Maybe. :lol: Or you could replace "cat" with "bird" or "book" and I can say that too.

"Thank you, cute book!" Yeah, that'll come in handy a lot. Yeah.

Oof, yeah, that reminds me, I've got to get my stuff finished up and submitted to Knerd too. And I need to work on my art entry for Iku and Iro's contest.

Ooh, strawberry festival, sounds fun! If you plan on getting back before night, be sure to take some pictures for my contest! ;)

luna - Yeah, this is the first time I'm using it! And I took a peek, you do have a nero robe in your inventory. :) The thumbnail doesn't look like the pose I'm currently wearing, though, it looks like this:

Good luck finding it! I hate when an item gets lost in my inventory.

Also, hi Iku!

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 PM

I had a learning Japanese software thing... it was pretty awful xD

I learned to say "where are the suitcases" and suitcase is a pretty obvious word ("suutsukesu" or however it's spelled) so I know how to sub in any other nouns into that particular sentence. But I didn't retain much else.

---------- Post added 05-27-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

OH. And I learned how to say "please talk more slowly" because I had to have the phrase repeated over and over and over for me to understand it (the lady who recorded her voice said it as quickly as humanly possible I swear :gonk:)

And that's prounounced "dooka (douka?) mou sukoshi yukkuri hanashite kudasai."

And "you're welcome" is "dou ishimashite" and I remember it because out loud it kindof sounds like "don't touch my mustache" :rofl:

Last edited by Keyori; 05-27-2012 at 06:16 PM..

Seiki Nova

Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 PM

I have to work. 2-10, but if it's busy I have to stay until midnight. Its a holiday weekend so they're not sure how busy it's going to be and we have a new girl doing the night shift by herself for the first time so they want to make sure that she'll be able to handle it.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Keyori - So can you say "where my hos at"??? :O

Don't touch my mustache. :lol: That's one way to remember it!

Seiki - Sounds busy. @_@ But if you enjoy it, then yay? :lol:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Umm... "hos" wa doko desu ka? xD

Which I guess would maybe be housu?

But I don't think that would be "my hos." I'm not sure how possessives work. But it works for "the hos" :rofl: