Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 AM

Hello Menewshans, and welcome to the favorites thread for the Music Subforum. Please talk about your favorite bands, songs and artists here. ^^ <3

But as for me:

My favorite bands: Incubus and The GazettE (japanese).
My favorite songs: "My December" by Linkin Park and "We love you~Sekai wa kimi wo Aishiteru" by Miyavi
My favorite artists: Miyavi, Utada Hikaru and Janet Jackson ^^ <3

How about you guys? <3

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-18-2016 at 04:19 PM..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 06-09-2007, 06:11 PM

• My favorite band is Green Day. I love them so much because of their lyrics, their sound, and they're just easy to relate to xP.

I don't really have an all-time favorite song, but one of my (many) favorites is John Lennon's Imagine. It's just one of those major songs that just really has an impact and makes people think, and it's beautiful.

Dans Le Passe
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Dans Le Passe Send a message via MSN to Dans Le Passe

Old 06-12-2007, 05:38 AM

My favorites bands? hrmm, theres SO many x] But i really like The Medic Droid & Amber Pacific
Favorite songs...Tarzan & Jane XD By: Toybox & I write sins not tragedies By: Panic! At The Disco

P o i P o i i i
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 AM

Favorite bands? LINKIN PARK! *rock on!*

My favorite songs? Rising Sun - TVXQ >w<

Favorite Artist - Tony Ahn, MC the max, MC mong, BoA and Yoon mirae

X-thrax
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM

Favorite Band: Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains. It has lots of my favorite artists. Buckethead, Les Claypool, "Brains", and Bernie! :o
Favorite Song: "Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry. I like funk. 8)
Favorite Artist: Buckethead. Greatest guitarist ever.

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 PM

My favorite bands/artists... well, I have a lot of them, but they definitely include:

Lolita23q, Dir en grey, Hyde, Gazette, An Cafe, Panic Channel, 176BIZ, Ayabie, Megamasso, Kotani Kinya, UVERworld, Bis, Art-School, Cannival Method, Danger Gang, Death Rabbits, Gossip, Jinkaku Radio, Kannivalism, Irokui, and Metronome... among many others.

Favorite songs... well my favorite is ishoku osero by Lolita23q.
Other favorites include Umbrella, The Third Empire, Obscure, and Macabre by Dir en grey; wagamama koushinkyoku, merimeikingu, Nyappy in the World, and Maple Gunman by An Cafe; One's Life, Date, 829 Service, Love Letter, and Catch [walk up to the continue] by Panic Channel; Social Riot Machines, S.D.R., Bath Room, and Silly God Disco by Gazette; aaand then a whole bunch of other songs by other bands. Dx I can't pick just one!

Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes
*crinkle crinkle crunch*
Send a message via MSN to Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes

Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 AM

Hmmm...
Favorite Bands-Death Cab For Cutie, The Shins, Porcupine Tree, Meg&Dia, Le Tigre, Brand New, The Smiths, The Killers

Favorite Songs- "Brothers on a Hotel Bed" from DCFC, "Red Rabbits" from The Shins, "Bling (Confessions of a King)" from the Killers, "Keep Me From Harm" from Peter Murphy

Favorite Artists-Beck, Morrissey, Sarah McLachlan, Rob Zombie, Saul Williams, Loreena McKennit, Peter Murphy (especially on the Holy Smoke album), Prince

Dihydrogen Monoxide
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Dihydrogen Monoxide

Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Favorite Bands - Orange Range, HIM, The Killers, CKY, Turbonegro, some others I can't seem to name at the time.

Favorite Song(s) - 'Just Another Brick in The Wall' by Pink Floyd, 'All My Friends Are Dead' by Turbonegro, and 'Living Dead Girl' by Rob Zombie.

Favorite Artists - Rob Zombie. I can't think of anything right now

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM

xD Ok, well, here I go. o-o

Asian Kung-fu Generation (I mean, they are my favorite. xD I love Mada Minu Ashita Ni, very nice EP.), Boom Boom Satellites, Polysics, The Pillows (Mostly older stuff, but I do like Scarecrow), Husking Bee, Sparta Locals, Number Girl, Onsoku Line, Chatmonchy, Toddle, Tsubaki, Plastic Tree, Antic Cafe, Straightener, Old Dir en Grey, and probably many others that I am forgetting. :D Oh, and I have a few others like New Pants, Muma, Supercar, Ruins (Chinese Indie Rock), Sodagreen, about tess, LITE, Toe, He, gosh and the list goes on and on.

For American- Well, not many. xD Like, Underoath, AFI, Killswitch Engage, uhm... Powerman 5000 (little bit), The Distillers, and some other cool ones, but yeah. xD Just have to listen to the bands. xD

Favorite Songs? Uhm, I think too many to even try and list. Like, yeah (I mean, there'd be like, 10 from Ajikan. Some I only know of from youtube xD). D:

Yeah, I think that's about it. :D

Last edited by mooglebunny; 07-09-2008 at 08:38 AM..

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM

Favorite Band: They Might Be Giants

(Billy Joel, Pegboy, Tori Amos, John Coltrane, Edith Piaf, Dresden Dolls, David Bowie, Ticheli, Holsinger as honorable mentions.)

Favorite Song: "An American Elegy" by Ticheli. Gives me goosbumps every time I hear it.

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 PM

• I don't have any favorite bands. I'm not much of a band person. Nor do I usually care who the artist is during a song...unless it's Gym Class Heroes. <3 I love a lot of their songs. And Heather Headley. And Monica as well.
    As far as songs. I have a lot of favorites. If you've seen my list of movies that are my favorites, you're not going to want to see my list of over 700 songs that I love. Just know that I have a lot of favorites that I can't just choose one. I can only choose one that I like a lot and is equivalent or compatible to my mood at a given time. Right now, I'm loving "Scandalous Scholastics", "The Queen and I", and "Papercuts" though, all by Gym Class Heroes.

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 AM

Favorite Band: Blind Guardian
Favorite Song: Blind Guardian-The Bard's Song
Favorite Artist: David Bowie

I like different genres such as Power Metal, Symphonic Power Metal, Black Metal, Melodic Black Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Heavy Metal, and so on. I also favor Post Punk, Goth Rock, Psychobilly, Glam Rock, EBM, Industrial, Dark Wave and so many others.

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-20-2007, 02:33 AM

Favorite band: The Fratellis, The Shins, Fountains of Wayne, The Bird and the Bee, The Pipettes, The Eames Era, Of Montreal.

Favorite song: Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis, Strapped for Cash by Fountains of Wayne, Australia by The Shins, Same Old Drag by The Apples in Stereo, Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's, The Mechanical Man vs. The Robot from the Outer Limits by The Schoolyard Heroes, Anime Phenomenon by Shonen Knife, In The Backseat by Arcade Fire, Fucking Boyfriend by The Bird and the Bee, The Party by La Pieta, Your Kisses are Wasted on Me by The Pipettes, Got Your Note by the Eames Era, Could be Anything by the Eames Era, Call me What you Like ( if you like rock n roll ) by Puffy AmiYumi, Wraith Pinned to the Mist by Of Montreal.

Favorite Artist: Sarina Paris

And much more as I think of them later/as I come across them. xDD;

I have a lot of favorite songs. x3

I'm more of a song person than a band/artist person...
If that makes sense...
Like, most people have a favorite artist/band, and they love all the songs by them. For me, I might only like one or two songs from a lot of different artists.
Does that make sense? ^^;

Oscura
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-20-2007, 12:39 PM

My favorite bands are The Crüxshadows and Evanescence. My favorite songs (in no particular order) are Solus, Memorare, Birthday, Cassandra, Winterborn, Citadel, Helen, Return, The Serpahs, Tears, and Resist/R, all by The Crüxshadows.

Sovelay
Send a message via MSN to Sovelay

Old 06-21-2007, 07:54 AM

My favorite band is Simple Plan, but I like VanVelzen and the fratellis too. ^^

Well, to be exact, I like a lot of bands. xD Mostly rock/pop

Bubblegum
*^_^*

Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM

Favorite band is Sugarcult, but Paramore puts up some pretty tough competition. Both of them are fantastic, it just depends on whether I feel like listening to a guy or a girl singing at the time.

xD But I look through my iTunes, and I see no artists, only bands. Except for Lily Allen. I have two songs by Lily Allen. o.o

Chips
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Chips

Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Favourite band: HUM Can I say more than one? XD
OK GO
The Fratellis
Metric
Belle and Sebastian
Hollywood Undead
Those are my tops, I can't choose <//3

Favourite artist: Emily Haines. I'm quite mad she's going off solo, whereas she should have stuck with Metric, but she's very talented and I'll love her nonetheless.

Favourite song: Love Rollercoaster by RHCP

tragichare

Old 06-22-2007, 03:20 AM

ted leo and the pharmacists are my favorite by far.
excellent band, ted is a great guy.

he's been my favorite for years, and probably will be for many more.

Dawn Crest
*^_^*

Old 06-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Favorite Band? I have so many bands that I like to listen to, but if I had to choose three I would choose The Killers, The Kooks and Enter Shikari.

Favorite Artist?
Mike Shinoda, I know he's from the Band Linkin Park but he's still really talented and adding finishing touches to the bands songs :3

Favorite song?
*flicks onto her iTunes for the 'most played song'* Looks like it's Bullet For My Valentine with Tears Don't Fall ^_^

Parasite
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 AM

My Favourite Bands Are: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Presidents of the United States of America, Aerosmith, and a lot of '80s bands I can't remember.

My Favourite Songs Are:"Bad Moon Rising," "Lump," "Kitty," "Green River," "Pink," among countless others.

IRK3N
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-26-2007, 03:29 AM

My favorite bands: Dir en grey, Gazette (or the gazettE, whatever you prefer), Merry, Visage, Linkin Park
My favorite songs: Way to many to list.
My favorite artists: Uhh....whhat?

~Mutant_Marshmallow~
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Favorite Band: Escape The Fate

Favorite Song: Well, there is way to many songs I like for me to pick just one

Favorite Artists: Cartel and BuckCherry

EbilKitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Favorite Bands:
- (Old) Guns n' Roses <3
- Linkin Park
- Metallica
- HIM
- Rammstein

Favorite Songs:
Too many to mention, but I like most songs by the above bands.

lovebaby
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Favorite Band - Three Days Grace <-- my favorite band ever.

Favorite Song -
I hate everything about you (Three Days Grace)
She's a little too good for me (Bryan Adams)
Lovesong (The Cure)
DTechno-Life (UverWorld)

Favorite Artist - none really.

`Mel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to `Mel

Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 AM

Theres too many so I'm gonna name a few.
.Queen
.Phil Collins
.Beatles
.Killswtich Engage
.Paramore
.Imogen Heap
.Rasmus
.HIM
.The Killers
.Franz Ferdinand
.Coheed and Cambria
.Rise Against