Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM

Hehe, most people I talk to on places like this are American so don't worry about it. Hence I might use odd phrases or spellings that might confuse you =P But it's all good. My friend has an American accent, but she's never lived there....it's rather odd haha.

----------

There's so many different accents over here though, for such a small place....and they're so different.

kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 PM

I'll try not to get confused :) that is pretty odd. Has she ever been here then?
and...stupid question but I just gotta ask cuz I don't actually know. the term bloody...is that a swear word or something to that effect? do you use it? ...yup, im american, sorry. :)

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 PM

I don't think she has. I think she just watched too much american tv shows while she was little. Haha.
Yes that is used as a swear word, but depending on which part of the country and such your in is how common it is. I use it very little, though I do use it hehe. Feel free to ask me questions, I don't mind in the slightest. =)

kionaredhawk

Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 PM

Ah, tv shows have a tendency to do that XD
That's cool :) as im sure you already know, its not a swear word here or anything but I like to use it to emphasize what im saying sometimes...cuz i like how it sounds :XD
Thanks for letting me ask and that I can ask more ^^ I more than likely will when I think of another one....so, i'm under the impression that cockney (i'm not spelling that right, i think or if that's even the right word :XD) is kinda like another language? can you speak it?

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:24 PM

Tis no problem.
Hahahaha! Cockney rhyming slang, I knew you'd ask about that. It's not used much, mainly in London, but i know some of it if you're interested.
E.g Up the apples and pears = up the stairs
The dog and bone = The phone.
I know some more too if you want some more hahah. I love it hehe it makes me laugh.

kionaredhawk

Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 PM

of course I'd ask that XD it makes me laugh too, one reason I had to ask about it. and i would love to know more, even if i'll never remember it XD
so its based off rhyming with what it's trying to say? that's pretty cool :)

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 PM

Alright, let's see what I can remember then, some is used in everyday life actually.
Billy no mates= alone (doesn't rhyme though)
Pork(y) pies = Lies
Michael Caine = Pain
Brown Bread = Dead
Mickey Mouse = House
Peas and Gravy = Navy
Mince Pies = Eyes
Monkey = £500
Pony = £25
Mother Hubbard = Cupboard
There's loads and lots of them are to do with famous names hehe.

kionaredhawk

Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 PM

So i've noticed :P that's pretty cool :) what ones are used in everyday life?

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM

Well the main ones I can think of is things like billy no mates and pork pies, and probably some other sayings that i use all the time but can't remember =P But obviously, if you go to London, some people will use it more than others, apples and pears and mince pies are also more of the well known ones.

kionaredhawk

Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 PM

I figured that was the case considering the meanings :) that's pretty cool though. thank you for sharing with me :)
So, even though you live in England, you'd never been to London before?

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM

No problem, I like sharing things like that since you all probably have never heard of most of the sayings I use normally.
No, I've never had a chance, it's a 3 hour train journey from where I live and even longer in a car. Plus, it's sooooo busy, but you might be used to that depending on where you live. =P

kionaredhawk

Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 AM

I definately haven't. and if i had, it's only because of movies or something...not that I catch everything in those anyway.
I am certainly not used to it :) I live in little city area. The biggest city near me probably isn't even a quarter of the size of London :) and then the next biggest city is like half of New York City or something like that and I freaking hate it XD though I love the malls....wow, that's girlie.

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM

I know what you mean with the movies, it's the same with me but the opposite way around, and bands. Some of my favourite bands are american and I kind of get the gist of some of the sayings you use =)
i know exactly what you mean. I live in a tiny town but London was so damn busy it was almost unbelievable. I would hate to live there. But Oxford street probably has the best shopping too. =)

kionaredhawk

Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 AM

oooo, what are your favorite bands then? Is your music different from ours? i wouldn't think it was.
was it hard to get around?

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 AM

I'd have to say my favourite band is Bowling For Soup, they're just so funny XD
Oh the music's not that much different, but if you want, check out Scouting For Girls, in most of their songs their english accent is really obvious and they use lots of phrases and stuff.
Yeah, it was really hard, there were so many tourists too, and then we were in a big group and at the start each of us had a suitcase. =P

kionaredhawk

Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 AM

They are pretty funny, though i think i've only heard one or two of their songs.
Scouting for Girls? that's a great name ^^ I will most certainly look them up. Probably right now actually, once I'm done typing this :P what kind of music do you like anyway?
i can only imagine that XD a bunch of suitcases...i bet that was soooo much fun.

Mad_as_a_Hatter
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 AM

Yeah, me and my friend know all the words to their songs, and Scouting for Girls ones too.
You should definately check them out, especially their new album and let me know what you think.
Oh, I listen to everything really, pop, rock, punk, old stuff, really anything but screamo. =P What about you?
Haha yeah it was pretty funny XD we took up the whole street. What a hassle we were. =P
Well, I'm off for the night, it's pretty late here. I'll get on tomorrow and see what you think of SFG and stuffs. =)
xxxx Nighty Night. xxx

kionaredhawk

Old 07-20-2010, 12:30 AM

I listen to pretty much the same as you, except our hick-country (nasty crap) and most rap or hip-hop...it tends to get really annoying. I don't much like screamo or death metal either. Rock, classic rock, folk, punk, on occasion emo, and just the old stuff too are some of the stuff I listen. Wide varitey :) like you :P
i bet you were a hassle XD
And yeah, sleep well and sweet dreams. I'll be on tomarrow for the most part. Just pm me just in case since we live in pretty different times zones :)

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 PM

i am completely lost......

kionaredhawk

Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Okay, just letting everyone know. I'm actually losing my internet today. So I will not be on very much, if at all for a long while :cry: I will try to get to the library when I can to get on but yeah...This freaking sucks. I'm so sorry.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM

awwwww okay *huggles*

Fate's Pearl
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 AM

ameika you look awesome where did you get the outfit?

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 AM

ummmm imperial plazza...something like that lol and thank you :)

Fate's Pearl
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-24-2010, 01:17 AM

Thanks and your welcome

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 AM

your welcome lol :)