Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM

I have unfortunately little or no art of my original characters that I use for roleplay, and I always feel bad just using things from Photobucket, so I'm looking for some good art of my characters.

I am fine with your own interpretation of my characters within reason, so feel free to get creative but try to run it by me first. I also may be looking for various outfits for the same characters too.

A little about me: First off, you can call me Morwyn, Wyn, or Mory... I currently answer to all three. Also, this is my first art request thread ever, so please be patient with me. I also am addicted to roleplay and I have a special attachment to some of my characters that I have been playing for longer, so I may be slightly picky, but I'll try to be flexible.

Last edited by Morwyn; 01-27-2009 at 10:09 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM

Rules and Procedures
(a necessary evil...)

1. I reserve the right to say no.
2. Please post samples of your artwork so that I can see what your style is like.
3. Please wait until after I approve to start on the artwork... there is no point in putting a lot of work into something that I don't want...
4. Feel free to negotiate prices with me.

Here is what I'm expecting to pay for art. Prices are negotiable:
Colored headshot/bust: 300 gold
Colored waist-up: 600 gold

I also would accept line art ONLY IF it's ok with you that I color it.
Line art headshot/bust: 150 gold
Line art waist-up: 500 gold

Like I said, you may be able to negotiate the prices up, and if I really love it I will give nice tips! <3

Last edited by Morwyn; 10-15-2008 at 06:42 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM

My Characters

Here are my characters. There are both descriptions of them, both of looks and personality, to give you an idea of what they are like. There are also a few reference pictures for them.

Looks: Morwyn is a light vampire who is very old but only looks 17. She is about 5'3" tall, and has a slender build. Her hair is white and slightly wavy, and reaches down to almost her waist and she has silvery eyes. She currently wears a black dress that is nearly floor length. She has a necklace with a silver-colored star pendant on it, and she wears shoes only when it's wet outside. She has very pale skin, and when she blushes her cheeks do not get pink, but they literally glow. She also sometimes wears a cloak that she made out of a blanket. It doesn't matter what color it is, it just kind of looks odd.
Personality: She can be somewhat pessimistic, but she is trying her best to be positive. She is friendly, kind and rather quiet, and still very shy around people she doesn't know. She can be very naive at times and somewhat forgetful as well. She does have a silly and fun side that shows occasionally too. She still has a very intense fear of towns... some fears just don't go away very easily. Do not draw her as flirty, but if you do draw her sexy, can you do it in some sort of innocent way? <3
Reference pictures: (note: my avatar is also a reference) X X

(I am currently not looking for any more pictures of Morwyn)

Looks: Laura is a 23 year-old human... well, mostly human, with fire abilities. She has long red hair and blue eyes. She normally wears either a skimpy outfit (see pictures... but you can make your own interpretation of it), or just regular casual clothes like tight jeans and a nice top. She does own a katana.
Personality: She is hot-headed and stubborn. She is quick to snap at others, and is very independant. She also has a very caring side, but it doesn't show very often. She deals with hurt and sadness by hiding it and pushing it deep inside her.. until she eventually explodes and basically goes all destructive. It is ok to draw her as a bit flirty.
Reference pictures: X X X X X

Looks: Julene is a thirteen year-old... um, alien. She is the average heigth of a human 13 year old girl. Her skin has a slight grayish tint to it, and she has short dark hair and red eyes. She also has blue, green, and yellow colored pixie wings. She generally wears a green skirt and top.
Personality: Julene is funloving and caring and sometimes she worries a bit too much. She is usually just full of energy. She also has a very strong sense of family. She also enjoys painting.
Reference pictures: X

(I am currently not looking for any more pictures of Julene)

Looks: Amelie is an 18 year-old were-dragon. She is 5'1" tall and is slender. She has long blond hair that she likes to wear up, and she has red eyes. She tends to wear dresses... maybe a bit fancy, as she is a princess... I dunno. She likes to wear reds. She also has a dark red cloak that she wears sometimes.
Personality: She is kind and fun-loving. She's not afraid to flirt to try and get her way. She has a strong sense of family and doesn't like other people talking bad about hers. She does not have a taste for violence. Feel free to draw her as being kind of flirty and fun.
Reference pictures: X X X X

New Character: Marcela
Looks: Marcela is a 19 year-old were-wolf. She looks like a normal human when in human form, about 5'8" tall with dark blue, almost gray eyes, and short dark hair. She normally wears whatever she can get her hands on, which sometimes leaves her looking very mismatched and out of place, but she doesn't really care how she looks. In her wolf form, she is a very large, black wolf. It might be cool if the picture had both forms in it (not some mix of the two, though), but it's not necessary.
Personality:In general, it could be said that she has a neutral evil alignment. She has become quite jaded, not really caring anymore what happens to others, it no longer bothering her what she does on the full moon nights. She has accepted the wolf side of her, even going so far as to embracing some of her more animalistic instincts and desires. Her motives are all just for survival, and she's willing to lie, cheat, manipulate and steal to do so. She always has in mind what she can get out of a situation.
Reference Pictures: X

Last edited by Morwyn; 01-27-2009 at 10:08 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Received Art: Thanks guys! <3

Morwyn:
X by Lettuce Mew (Gaia)
X by K a i t o (Solia)
X by Peifu (Solia)

Seth/Laura:
X by Retsu

Julene:
X by Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
X by Kemaru (Gaia)

Amelie:
X by Gesshoku Sueshijuu (Gaia)
X by Meekie-sama (Solia)
X by Jesweet

Last edited by Morwyn; 12-06-2008 at 06:09 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Reserved: one more just in case

[]ImYourGimmick[]
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 AM

i LOVE the 2nd character! X3 <3

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2008, 03:04 AM

Heehee... thanks XD I've put a lot of work into developing the first two characters. I've even had artwork done for the first one... but then she became a vampire and it turned her hair white >.< so now I need new artwork for her. I've never had any for the second one, though.

[]ImYourGimmick[]
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 AM

Really?! :0
If I wasn't so busy I'd draw her! D;
But what's her name? X3
TOTALLY just wondering! XD

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 AM

Aw, that's nice of you. I put their names in the little banners above each profile. Her real name is Laura, but she goes by Seth right now because she's on the run... she tends to go by guys names because she thinks it'll make it harder for her to be found, if that makes any sense.

[]ImYourGimmick[]
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2008, 02:21 AM

Sorry, I missed that! XD
But that's VERY smart! :0 <3
WELL...If she decides to change her guy name,
I would like to be the one to choose it! XDDD

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 AM

Lol... I doubt that she's going to be changing her name again anytime soon. She's already told her boyfriend her real name and she feels safer now too since she's learned how to use the sword and since he's there to protect her... she's really had to adjust to having him around, but she does feel safer.

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Hey Morwyn!
We met in The Little Hole in the Wall chat thread. I saw this in your sig and thought I might take a peek.

I was wondering if I could draw Julene. She seemed just like what I'm in the mood to draw.
Currently I've got no really good pictures uploaded but I'll see what I can get you.

Example #1
Example #2
Example #3
Example #4

If you like them, please tell me and we can work something out?

Last edited by Queen Haythia Mlerkrad; 10-16-2008 at 05:57 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Hm, let me think about it. <3

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM

Alrighty. Thanks for taking it into consideration :yes:.

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2008, 04:33 PM

If you're still interested in drawing Julene, I'd be fine with that <3 I really need more for her than just the odd picture that I drew on paint. So, go for it and let me know what you are drawing. I'm really only looking for headshots/busts and waist-ups at the moment. We can work out a price and I'll send a trade when you're about finished. How does that sound?

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2008, 06:15 PM

Yayz! I'd love to do her.
I was thinking about doing a inked and color waist-up. Because if I just draw and color it, the picture looks bad.
I'm not sure what you wanna do about price, but I'm open for whatever you think would be fair. Though (not to be rude in any way) I think the lowest fair price would be 500-600 given it's both colored and inked.
I could finish the picture in one to two days, depending on how long it takes the ink to dry.
Tellz me what you think *nod nod*.

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2008, 06:26 PM

I'd say 600 would be fair enough. That's what I put as a price suggestion, actually XD And I do tend to tip as well. So... I'll go ahead and start the trade, and I'll add tip and confirm the trade when you're all done. <3 yay... you've got me all excited now.

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 PM

I'll get started as soon as I finish a few things here on Mene.

*does happy dance*

Oh and should I post the picture here or just PM it to you???

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2008, 06:34 PM

Doesn't matter to me :D I'll finish the trade as soon as I get it either way... I'll end up putting it up on the first page and crediting it to you anyway, so it doesn't matter if you post it or pm it.

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2008, 06:49 PM

Alrighty then.

I'm off! To the drawing table! *gallops off to drawing table in shiny armor*

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Woot! I finished it!
Two of the wings came out badly, but I hope thats okay :sweat:.

Drawing:

Link:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...gs/AlienOC.jpg

I hope you like her <3 <3 <3

Oh and since the only plain paper I had was framed you get a free frame!!! XD

Last edited by Queen Haythia Mlerkrad; 10-17-2008 at 10:15 PM..

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 PM

Oh yay! She's so cute, thanks <3

Queen Haythia Mlerkrad
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 PM

Your welcome and thank you.
I am oh so very glad you liked it. I think I might open up my art shop again, if no one get interested in my banner shop..... *goes off to ponder*

[]ImYourGimmick[]
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Morwyn:
AWWW. X3 <3 That's so cute!

Morwyn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-19-2008, 05:04 PM

Yush! <3 It is so cute. Thanks so much, Haythia!
She's a cute character to rp as too, so I'm glad that I now have a little more art of her.

I am still looking for more, though! I'm especially looking for art of Amelie at the moment, as I have nothing original of her yet and the in rp that I'm in as her people seem to mostly use things that they've drawn or have drawn for them... so yeah, looking especially for Amelie at the moment, but all others are fine as well if that's what you feel like drawing. <3