Quarender
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 PM

Alright, this is one of my favorite topics ever. Anyone know of any stupid tattoos that they have seen/had done? :D

I have a friend who just got a wrist watch tattooed on his wrist that reads 5:00.... It really is dumb, but hey... It's 5 o'clock somewhere! ;D

Pictures are welcomed. Lol.

Miss Eevee
♡sweet lolita ~

Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 PM

i wish i had a picture of this one.

a girl who's been pretty horrible to me in the past recently put up a picture of her new tattoo on FaceBook.
it was meant to be the lyrics "and then we will be wanderers and vagabonds", which imo is already pretty silly, but hey, each to their own.

unfortunately, she misheard the lyrics as "and then we will be wonders in vagabonds".
instead of taking two seconds to look up the real lyrics, she got this tattooed on her.
when i told her it means NOTHING and is a horrible sentence, she told me that "vagabonds" means "thinking", so really it means "wondering about thinking".
uh huh ~

when i asked her who told her what vagabonds meant and the real meaning of the word, she "accidentally" deleted the picture.

the worst part?
it's a huge freaking chest piece.
yeah.
good luck deleting the tattoo as easily as you can delete photos.
*snerk*

arisa_anime
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-25-2010, 01:34 AM

he is a male what else do you expect XD

Quarender
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-25-2010, 03:39 AM

@Eevee -- OH EM JEE that is so funny. :P I think an IQ test is needed before they actually get the tattoo. In the tattoo parlor they had lots of sample tattoos and over half of them were just random pictures with boobies on them.

I like the blacklight tattoos though. :D My bf has them and you don't see them unless there's a blacklight on. :]

SteviMay
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 AM

My boyfriends friend as the quote "bleeding hearts baby" across her chest... It sounds like an injured infant.
My friend has these awful star tattoos that dont match eachother because she didnt have a vision before doing it, and they were done by different artists. She also has "breathe" tattooed on her inner forearm
I know so many people with crappy tattoos :P

Miss X

Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 AM

I hve heard about blacklight tatoos and I think they sound very awesome. I don't think I would ever get a tatoo myself , just incase I hated it later on. There are so many people with tatoos that are just... egh horrible.

SteviMay
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2010, 06:56 AM

is mine horrible?
click

Glitter Golgotha
lonesome and loathsome

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM

I haven't seen any 'stupid' tattoos; the only way I can really think of them being stupid in the first place is if the person didn't know what (s)he was doing when getting it (like the example posted above with the lyrics)--and I've yet to see anything like that.

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM

My friend decided he wanted a bar code done on his neck. It looks really really bad, as the tattoo 'artist' didn't have a steady hand and the lines are all wavy and look like something my nephews would draw (they're three years old).
After he had it done, we were walking around a shop, we pretended to scan him at a checkout and told him he came up as a box of tampons lol

Oh and the worst I've seen is this guy with a cat on his belly and his belly button looks like the cats arse >.< I can't imagine wanting to snuggle up with a cats butt.

Last edited by Ebil; 11-29-2010 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: added more content.

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 11-29-2010, 06:51 PM

I'm not a fan of tattoo's in general. Some can be really beautiful and have a huge impact on the wearer. But then there are some that just irk me because I know said person will regret it in the future.

Like one of my friends, she got a tattoo on her wrist of Axel's symbol [from Kingdom Hearts] to represent that she loves her girlfriend. Well, their relationship is pretty rocky right now, and all of her friends [including me] see the end of their relationship because this girl is an attention whore and wont let any of us see our friend Axel. [Since that's who she cosplays as, we all call her that~] Well, when the time comes, said girl is going to have this symbol on her wrist for the rest of her life.

That's one of the many reasons why I don't like tattoo's. People put meanings behind it and in the future, the meaning has either been lost or too painful to remember. :/

SteviMay
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2010, 09:37 PM

Thats why i got something meaningless and pretty lol
My mom told me to get only tats with meaning but i only have one planned with meaning in mind, which are lyrics, so... Maybe its a bad idea but it would signify the end of my relationship with drugs that ended a while ago.
But when you just think the lyrics sound good and are witty then its a horroble choice. Then again to each his/her own

Male tramp stamps shouldnt happen though. Look it up, its laughable

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-30-2010, 12:15 AM

i havent seen any bad tatoos so far, but i've heard of a few. most were of people getting something in japanese or chinese tatooed on them, but not making sure it was properly translated first.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 AM

I haven't actually seen someone with a horrible tattoo yet. But I have heard of something really stupid ones as well. And I agree that it's a bad idea to get something based on a relationship (which can end at any time). Or something that they may not be interested in later down the road. But I would probably get something really simple (and more than likely has been draw by myself) that I could really be proud of <w<. And my mom thinks that I should sketch up some tattoo designs and sell them to a tattoo artist -3-. Not sure if I'm gonna actually do that. But she also wants a tattoo that I drew.

Also I may never get a tattoo. I get injured too much, and the tattoo would probably get totally messed up. Also lots of people want you to hide your tattoos at like work and such. What is the fun of having a tattoo if you can't really show it off???

SteviMay
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 AM

Laila, mine is easily hidden yet easily shown, its kindof in my armpit

Riri
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-30-2010, 09:48 AM

a tattoo that is in the back aligned with the lower part of the stomach? 8D I saw that picture in some other site but yeah it's weird for me and I don't think if she ever wears a bikini would suit her OTL" well no offence but I am no tattoo fan. I don't wanna get a tattoo lol I just think they look ... awkward.

SteviMay: sersly? lol 8D

AlicesCheshire
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to AlicesCheshire

Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 AM

I don't personally know anyone with stupid tattoos, but I know if I ever got one (terrified of needles and pain though, so that probably wouldn't be the best idea....XD), it'd be a set of raven wings outstretched in between my shoulderblades, or maybe slightly higher.

Potentially a XIII on my collarbone (because all of my friends call me Roxy or Roku ((we all love kingdom hearts and it's one of the few series I've ever felt very emotionally attached to for a long time)) ), but that one I usually just draw on with pen XD
'cause with pen you can just scrub it off and it won't permanently scar your skin like a real tattoo. Plus you can always change it when you want.

...now that I think about it, I'll have my bf draw the wings on me over Christmas break XD

If I ever get a tattoo, I don't want anything massive. Showy displays of art like that should be done on murals, paintings, or whatever other kind of media you can find. Preferably not skin o_o;;

Computosaurus
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-30-2010, 01:41 PM

I am a massage therapist, so I see A LOT of horrible tattoos. My favorite is when a couple is receiving a couple's massage and I notice that the name on whoever I am massaging does not match the name of the other person in the room. :rofl: But bad tattoos are no joke, there are some horrible ones. The worst one I ever saw was a woman got a family portrait tattooed on her back, complete with her wedding date and the birth dates of her three sons. WTH? What if she wants to update that photo in the future? It even had a colored background, it was insane. I do not judge anyone by their bodies or anything of course, but some tattoos are impossible to ignore. :-x

chocolatelover101
CHOCOLATE...that's me

Old 11-30-2010, 02:12 PM

i have a friend that came to school one day with a tattoo that she got the day before,the very next day she broke up with him. so i think that was kinda stupid to do that. she's uses the escuse"its my nephew names" but if i ever got a tatto....*thinking relly hard*....I would really like to have a burning rose on my left arm(to me it represtnt that being beautiful comes at a cost) or a the kkhearts symbol. you know the one in the shape of a heart and there is a...i think 2 lines on it.
that one would be on my back

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 11-30-2010, 04:13 PM

My friend got a butterfly tattoo on her ankle randomly.. except it looks like oil stains or just random black circles. My dad actually mistook it for oil from her bike, and gave her a rag to clean it off. XD

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computosaurus View Post
My favorite is when a couple is receiving a couple's massage and I notice that the name on whoever I am massaging does not match the name of the other person in the room.
Maybe it's the name of a sibling or child?

I'd like a small bass clef on my ankle. I drew one and stylized it so that it looks nature-ey. I just think it looks neat. And I've wanted it for like... 5 years now, so I think I wouldn't regret it. It's only been recently that I decided where to get it though, so I'm still sitting on the idea.

And it'd be nice if I could come up with the money for a tat first as well, hah.

Computosaurus
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyori View Post
Maybe it's the name of a sibling or child?
Way to ruin my fun! :cry:

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 PM

I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt! :lol:

That was one thing my dad told me when I told him I was considering a tat. He said, "Whatever you do, don't get a name on you, unless it's of your child or of someone who is deceased."

Words of wisdom I think.

Computosaurus
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 PM

Definite words of wisdom! :XP

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 PM

oh, god. I've seen a tattoo in this place where my cousin works and it's a stripper dancing on a pole. Except...the stripper's a guy, and he's wearing a skirt, and he has a mustache. The tattoo artist was foreign and couldn't understand that the guy had meant "A stripper, not a male, in a skirt, no mustache." and that's what the guy ended up with. xD I bet he went to remove it right after he got it.

SteviMay
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-02-2010, 04:02 AM

Riri, seriously :P
I posted it on the first page