silenttiger43
I have nothing to declare but my...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM

"What's this?" Isoteph questioned, "A commoner Nemiah? Is that what this is about?!" he did not sound pleased.

"What? No!" Nemiah yanked his arm away from Asima, "You would do anything to save your own hide, wouldn't you?!"

"Like father like son" a voice chimed in darkly. It echoed through the large room. Isoteph stopped and glanced around the room for the source but it didn't seem to have one at first. "Yoohoo, up here Kingy" a man sat within one of the high windows. His hair was unusually white but he was certainly not old. He looked not much older than Asima, perhaps Nemiah's age. "Oh sorry" he grinned a little, "am I interrupting something?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu
♥ The Queen of Hearts b...

Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Asima gave her brother a small smile, although this smile was rather sad. In a real whisper she told him so, a small I'm sorry in a world of deceit and pain.

Like father like son? Asima's attention moved to the newcomer, and she stepped forward quickly, closer to her father. Was this man an assassin of some kind? "Who are you? What right do you have to come into this palace? What are you talking about? My brother may be a fool, but my father is a noble man, the ruler of the world! What business would you have here?" And those windows? How did he get up there? How did he get in the palace at all?

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 01:13 AM

The man laughed, "Your daughter is certainly not afraid to speak her mind Iso, you should get her to watch her tongue before I cut it out" he winked down at Asima, then jumped from the window. Miraculously he landed with a roll along the marble floor and stood up unharmed.

"Malum" Isoteph stood furiously, "You disgrace my presence and my family Gu-"

"Before you go hollarring for you guards" Malum cut him, swaggering about the room as if he owned it, "You should know... they're probably tied up for the moment. I've been planning this day for the last several years Isy, now don't go trying to ruin it for me. You will fail."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 AM

Asima moved quickly, lifting the light dress she wore. Doing so exposed parts woman didn't normally show, but the princess ignored the modesty for a moment, removing the hidden knife clasped around her waist. What royal family member didn't move around unarmed, especially one who was on the verge of being banished? The female moved in front of her father once more, stepping forward to meet the strange man.

"Malum...was it?" She spoke softly, remembering fearless Anobi, and wishing he was nearby, although a whistle may bring him... "I do not know what you intend to do here, but I will tell you one last time. Leave. I won't even have my guards take you away. You're blood will be spilt in this very room, your own tongue removed, since you deemed it necessary to threaten me and my father in this manner..." Her mind racing, Asima thought back to the various incantations she'd been taught. The light, for blinding the man, then perhaps she wouldn't need anymore magic, simply using the dagger her hand was curled around, though if she had to, there were binding spells and paralyzing spells she could resort to.

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 AM

Malum watched her with amusement dancing in his eyes, "the little cat's got claws." he teased, "but darling, you're playing with the big boys now." he whistled sharply and suddenly a number of men, looking very much like bandits appeared along in the high windows. "I am Malum, second hand to Anubis and lord of Egypt's dark side."

Isoteph stood and placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder, "Thank you Asima but I do not wish for you to be harmed. Go with Nemiah, he will take you to safety."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 AM

Asima's mouth fell open in an unladylike fashion. Anubis? This was the God's doing? What did the Gods need from her father?

The princess bowed her head, even if Anubis was a dark God, he still deserved respect, as did his subjects. "I...apologize..." The female croaked the words out, her rounded eyes still staring at Malum in awe. Her father words brought her back to Egypt, however, and she turned quickly.

"Father! Please, do not command me to leave. I wish to know more, see more..." Asima cast a shy glance at Malum. Besides, once she got past the whole 'I want to kill you thing', Malum was rather handsome. And the power he contained. Would there be any way a mortal could get to it? "Please Father, I was willing to lay my life down for you, and Nemiah is your heir! We should be present for this!"

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 AM

"Oh, the little girl has a point." Malum quipped, "Maybe we should keep this one big happy family together." he licked his lips eagerly, "After all, they say a family that fights together, should die together."

"You are not going to harm my children Malum!" Isoteph glared, his voice a harsh commanding tone.

Malum just laughed at him, "I, will do anything I damn well please! Now, any last words?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 AM

Asima threw her hands into the air, "Just a moment!" She stalked forward, trying to keep her tone respectful as she jabbed a finger into Malum's chest. "Why do you want to kill our Father? What is going on? And if we are to die as well, shouldn't we understand before we do." Next she turned to her father.

"What could you have done? Why would you bring Anubis's wrath upon us, to the point where he wants you dead and has no problem wiping out your children, who did nothing wrong!?"

Nemiah was next, "And you, standing over there not making a single move to defend our father, are you that concerned with the throne? Why not speak or stand beside me defending him?"

Asima fell silent, panting softly as she looked from one face to another, disregarding the men perched in the windows. What was going on?

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 AM

"He calls himself the wrath of Anubis, but no, Malum is simply a thief" Isoteph stepped forward.

"I am the ruler of the thieves, the King!" Malum hissed, "I am no simple thief Isoteph"

Nemiah's fists were clenched, "Asima, there is no use floundering about. If this man wants us dead there is no one we can protect."

Malum chuckled, "good to see someone has some sense. But you really haven't told her about me have you Isy? Why would that be? She's not your oldest daughter is she?" he smirked, "how delightful."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 AM

Asima's eyes narrowed as she felt her blood boiling once more.

"Oh! You are foul, foul! Passing yourself as the hand of a God!" The princess moved forward, ignoring the other men this theif had gathered around. She'd show him.

His next words stopped her dead, however, and she turned questionably to her father, letting the hand that had raised the dagger drop once more. "Father?" That was the only word she said, although the question 'What is this lunatic talking about?' was written all over her face.

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 AM

"Oh do tell her, I never get tired of hearing it" Malum crossed his arms.

Isoteph frowned, "Some time ago there was a prophesy of sorts, one that claimed the throne for whomever was born with the mark of Horus, for that man and his children would be the beginning of a new era." it was well enough know that pharaoh had a unique birth mark, one that resembled the mark of Horus, "This family would decide over the next few years the course of Egypt's future, whether it would forever be a great nation, or whether it would fall to darkness. I have never spoken to you about this before... but you see I was not the first born son. My older brother Tikuru was outraged when I was born and he tried to kill me. So my father banished him and his loyal followers forever."

"And I am the last of them" Malum stepped forward furiously, "the last of the followers of Tikuru, and following his final wishes, I'm going to kill you all."

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 AM

What did that have to do with her being the oldest daughter? Asima shoved the thought away, moving towards the thief. And, honestly, Asima wasn't surprised to learn of an uncle. Throwing a glance at Nemiah, Asima knew what rivalry for the throne could do to a family's bonds. "You can try..."

Without hesitation now, Asima stepped forward, letting a shrill whistle fill the air as she did so. As soon as the whistle died on her lips, the princess began chanting the incantation for light. She poured her strength into the chant, hoping the light would be enough to blind Malum, the chocolate eyes narrowing in concentration.

Panting slightly Anobi's figure moved in the large room, easily sliding through the servants open door. The golden dog lowered his head, the fur on his body standing on end as he let a loud growl flow from his throat. The dog stayed however, not liking the situation, but not receiving a command from his busy mistress.

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 02:48 AM

Malum watched her, a dark smirk spreading across his lips. He had just one thing to say upon seeing her begin to cast, "Fire."

Suddenly each of his followers pulled back their bows and sent a small volley of arrows upon the three royal family members in the room.

Isoteph quickly moved forward, hoping only to protect his children however there was too far a gap and not enough time to reach either of them.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 AM

The female let out a loud yell, falling to the floor and the word 'Fire' pierced the air, a heavy weight pushing on her chest.

Pushing the weight off her, although gently, Asima felt pressure behind her eyes, "Oh, Anobi..." The words were whispered, and Asima stroked the dogs head tenderly and it whined, multiple arrows jutting from the dog's slim frame. Anobi had been with her since she was so young...He must of know what arrows meant, he'd lived with people long enough.

The princess stroked the streamlined face once more, then stood, though barely. Two arrows were embedded in her left leg-Anobi had only protected her torso and head. The girl glanced around quickly for her brother or father, although her gaze quickly focused on Malum, "You scum! If nothing else I will spill your blood for Anobi!" The female rushed forward, her dagger raised once more. The weapon streaked down, attempting to plunge into the man's shoulder.

(I think I get it...You're just gonna kill off Nemiah, and use the Malum? Yes...no?)

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 03:08 AM

((bwahaha! You shall wait and see))

Isoteph had managed to avoid some of the arrows by moving, though he has still been hit in his shoulder, side and leg. Nemiah had somehow managed to avoid being hit at all, apparently he had picked up something in his magic lessons and had created a sheild just in time. He to turned his gaze upon Malum.

Malum laughed heartily, catching Asima's wrist to hold back the blow. "Still kicking are we?" he snickered, "Well not for l-" he was cut off as Nemiah kicked him in the back, sending the thief straight into Asima and successfully allowing her to finish her attack along the way.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 AM

Asima's spiteful look faded with an 'Ommmpf' as Malum was pushed into her. A moment later, and the female was staring at the hand coated in blood, her dagger embedded into the man's shoulder. She'd never hurt someone before...Even someone who deserved it. She'd wanted to hurt her brother, though she knew she would not be able to stab him.

Dismissing the other man-Asima didn't know much about injuries, but hopefully one that had slid into someone's shoulder was likely to keep them still for a few minutes-the woman glanced at Nemiah, sending him a nod of thanks, before rushing past Anobi's body to her father, yelling for the guards the whole time. She stood next to him, speaking quickly and trying to ignore the coating over her hand, "Father, tell me how to take care of these arrows..."

(*Sniffle* Not cool...You should at least give me a hint....)

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 AM

((^-^ I like giving surprises!))

Isoteph took sharp shallow breaths, "Asima... no, no... you need to run" he breathed, "You and Nemiah... escape now!" he ordered.

"No father" Nemiah spoke boldly, there was a fire in his eyes that Asima had never witnessed before. "You are injured and as such unwell enough to be acting pharaoh. That means I'm making the decision." he turned his glare upon Malum with clenched fists, "And I sentence you to death. Immediately."

"Just try it" Malum growled, still laying on the ground. He sneered right back up at Nemiah, "You all die, now! Fire!" he snapped, and once again his followers readied another volley of arrows.

The arrows never came however as suddenly the doors to the room slammed open by an unnatural wind. Lakar stepped inside looking livid. With a swift sweep of his hand the windows came alight in fire. Malum's followers screamed, falling one way or another from their perches. "You DARE to keep me from my oath! I am sworn to protect this family against all odds." he pointed an accusing finger at Malum, "And you think a simple enchantment on my door will stop me?!"

Malum swallowed, finally beginning to feel just a little bit outnumbered.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 AM

(Kisu is now hiding in a corner mumbling about tigers who should be skinned....No...I wouldn't really do that...I do need to find my ciggies now...)

Asima smiled at the new entry, Lakar...What would they do without that old man? She moved forward quickly, grabbing a hold of her dagger. Raising her chocolate eyes to the male, they closed quickly, as Asima yanked her knife out, wiping the man's blood on his shirt.

"I don't think..." She began slowly, turning to glance at Nemiah and face Lakar, "That he should be put to death right away..." Asima faltered, unable to explain, even if it wasn't her choice. She hadn't liked stabbing the man, even if she'd intended to do so. Although Anobi's still form still made her blood boil, she wasn't sure if he should be killed. Oh, Ra, help guide me in what to say and do...

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 AM

Malum yelped as the dagger was yanked from his body, although with a few deep breaths he managed to compose himself fairly quickly considerring. Now all eyes had turned to Asima, everyone was wondering just what she could possibly mean. Malum's lips turned to a slight smile, "come now princess" he hissed quietly, "have you got a soft spot for me now?"

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 03:50 AM

Asima swiveled around to glare at the man. "There are many ways to make someone suffer after all, slavery, being hung in the commoners market to be mocked, making someone a eunuch..." The princess smiled, although the smile quickly left her face, Well, now, that was exactly better than dying...What happened to trying to help.

"What I mean is..." Asima gave a deep breath, before pushing onward, "Since Anobi was killed by this man, he owes me. He owes the royal family, yes, but I was the one who had something taken from me..." The princess paused, glancing at her dog's body. "He should have to make it up to me...Proclaim him a slave and give him to me. He can't do harm without weapons or his men, and he will have neither. I'll even select another personal guard, just in case..." Her chocolate eyes viewed Malum again. Yes, he would be punished, but she wouldn't of had a hand in someone suffering. The mere though made Asima shiver and glance at her hand, the man's blood drying on her skin quickly.

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 AM

Lakar bowed his head in compliance, although he continued to glare at Malum murderously. Nemiah frowned, he knew his father was watching carefully to see what he would say. The fact still remained however that they had originally met for him to expose Asima as a traitor... Nemiah's eyes hardened at the thought and he opened his mouth to speak his decision only to catch himself saying something much different, "ASIMA! Look out!" he exclaimed, bolting towards her.

One of Malum's men had not died from the fall into the room and had managed to notch an arrow into his bow, aimed directly at the princess. Lakar sent a blaze of magical fire towards the man but not before the arrow flew. Nemiah caught hold of his sister and tried to pull her out of the way, bringing himself in the path of the arrow which embedded into his side. Nemiah cried out in pain as he began to stumble to the floor.

((sometimes I think I need a lot of characters just to make a decently sized post x.x))

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 AM

(Lol, whatever works, though. I knew my puppy would come in handy, and look, it saved my life...Hehe! ^_^)

Asima's mouth opened, a surprised gasp catching in her throat as her brother moved her out of the way. Gripping him tightly, attempting to support him, Asima succeeded in slumping to the floor, barely holding her brother into a kneeling position. Why was there so much violence in the world? Had she really been contemplating her own brother's death just a few hours before this?

Turning to Lakar, she cried out, "Get the Royal Physician...we need medical treatment for my family, and An-" Asima caught herself, glancing at the dog once more. The dog was still, no medical treatment could help him now. For the moment, Malum had been forgotten, though now she turned her gaze on him. "If any more of your men do anything rash, the damage they cause will be inflicted back unto you. I suggest you tell them to lay down the bows..." Asima's voice was cold, sounding strange to her own ears.

Last edited by Kyuuketsuki_Kisu; 03-08-2010 at 04:12 AM..

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 AM

"I'm sorry Asima" Lakar replied, "but I can not leave you here with-" he turned to shoot Malum a look, only to find that the thief had taken that little distraction to find his way back up to the windows.

"Tch" Malum sneered, "Go ahead and do your worst, you'll have to catch me first and with any luck I'll go out having killed two out of three..." a grin returned to his features once more, "and I definitely don't mind you being the survivor." he licked his lips as he eyed Asima, then leaped towards the outside of the wall before Lakar could do anything about it.

Kyuuketsuki_Kisu

Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 AM

Asima watched him go, feeling remorse as he gaze fell on her brother. This was her fault, she should have let Nemiah execute Malum. Strangely enough, she felt no revulsion at the man's crude actions...a strange tingling in her stomach, yes, but not disgust. What was wrong with her? The man had most likely ended the life of her father and brother, and all she could think about him was his piercing eyes.

Asima twisted uncomfortably, eying Lakar. "Go and fetch the Physician..." Her voice this time left no room for argument, simply an order given to a lesser subject. "On your way out, send in any guards you see..." The woman turned to her brother now, brushing some of his hair back from his face, "Thank you Nemiah....I am sorry, for everything. You've always been a kind brother...I couldn't have asked for better..."

silenttiger43

Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 AM

Lakar nodded and swiftly left the room.

Nemiah swallowed, looking up at her with a bit of a smile, "oh... so now you say it..." he breathed deeply, "you really s-shouldn't wait until someone's dying b-efore you start being nice to them" his words were cut up slightly between breaths of pain.

((I need to go to bed x.x good night!))