TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM

I get stuck lots. Times when I just stare at a blank canvas and don't know what I want to do with it. Sometimes listening to music or watching an imaginative movie help the process along and sometimes it doesn't. So I'm exploring new methods for kickstarting the creative process. So my question is this:

What do you use/do to get the creative juices flowing once you've hit a snag?

Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 AM

I know what you mean. I've been art blocked for this entire summer.

For me personally though, it's color. I could stare at your avatar and enjoy the rich pinks and feel inspired to draw. I find the paint samples in Home Depot or any hardware stores that have them to be really fun. I would take all the colors if I could. I have a habit of hording them.

Usually bright, vivid colors spark something in me.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 AM

Honestly, I ask for commissions or other requests. Or find some sort of assignment or deadline to be met so that I'm forced to be productive. That's the only way to get me working again when I don't have the motivation to kick start myself.

otherwise, I use music to inspire my writing and writing to inspire my art. I find something that relates and get into that. A song with the same vibe or a story I'm attached to and want to emulate with my art.