Sunday Roast
Now with added Yorkshire pudding...

Old 03-30-2014, 03:01 AM

Christian stepped over to the furnace and opened the small door at the front. "There's already coal inside, all you have to do is light a match and drop it in." He said, motioning to the bedside table where a box of matches sat covered in dust. "It takes a while to warm up, but when it does it's just as good as modern heating."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2014, 08:28 PM

"That's awesome." Kirin said with a grin. Though many people didn't know it he had always been fascinated with architecture, especially old architecture. They just didn't build buildings with the same style and ambiance like they used to. He picked up the matches brushing off the dust and getting the furnace going.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 PM

Christian leant against the door and watched Kirin as he dusted off the matches and began to light the furnace. "Well, I'll leave you to it. My room is the one at the end of the hall if you need anything." He said, turning to leave with the intention of heading downstairs to put out the fire, collecting his things and then retiring to his room for the rest of the night.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2014, 09:02 PM

"thank you." He said with a smile. "I owe you." He moved to Christian and kissed his cheek. He then stepped back blushing. Why had he done that.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-30-2014, 10:49 PM

Christian lazily shrugged his shoulders to dismiss the idea of a debt and gave the male a soft smile at the kiss. "Feel free to help yourself to whatever you find in the room. Good night." The male bowed his head and left the room.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-30-2014, 11:23 PM

Well at least Christian hadn't seemed to be upset by the kiss. He had a rag and he started doing a bit of tidying up. His mind though is still on that kiss. It had felt right some how. He just grinned more. Maybe this being kicked out thing wasn't so bad. Though he still had no idea what he'd do come the morning. He wished he had clean sheets. The thought of laying on the dust coated bed made his skin crawl a bit. He stripped the blankets off and found that the sheets underneath were passable. Taking the pillow cases off the pillows revealed that they were passable too.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-31-2014, 12:01 AM

Christian entered the lounge and put out the flames with a glass of water he'd brought in with him earlier. In the dark he gathered up the photo albums and his phone, then headed back upstairs in the dark and entered his own bedroom. The room inside was clean, he had spent most of the day cleaning it after all. The albums were placed on his bed and he got himself comfortable on the window ledge with a perfect view of what was once his back yard. It was overgrown and uninhabitable anymore, but the local wildlife seemed to be enjoying it.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 AM

Kirin laid in bed unable to sleep. He couldn't get his mind to shut off. He wondered why Christian was here in this run down house. He wondered what he would do come morning, as his truck might not even be where he had left it. He let out a sigh. Maybe he could go with Christian when the other man left.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-31-2014, 02:11 AM

Why did he keep coming back here? Each time he returned he was determined to get the place back on it's feet and perhaps even live in it again, yet each time he found himself doing very little to the house and instead taking trips down memory lane. Maybe it was time to sell the house and move on? No, he couldn't do that, this was his home... had been his home. The male sighed and stared up at the night sky, it would be dawn soon and he'd still accomplished none of the things he'd set out to do.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2014, 02:50 AM

Kirin wondered what this place had looked like when it was new. Was Christian planning on redoing the house? He'd love to help with that if it was the case. He knew dawn was near but still he couldn't sleep.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 AM

Eventually he slid from the ledge and closed the blinds and drew the heavy curtains, blocking out all signs of light from the outside. Though he left his light on for the time being, he changed into his sleep wear and moved the albums from his bed before getting in himself. An early night he supposed, he had a guest to see to in the morning, didn't he?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2014, 04:37 AM

Kirin had soon fallen asleep. Though he awoke shortly past dawn. His stomach grumbled and so he ate some of the food he had stuffed in his bag before leaving home. He then went to explore the house. He wandered up the hall looking at all the details.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 AM

Against his body's wishes, Christian awoke at dawn to the sound of the alarm on his phone. Ugh. It had been many years since he'd last been awake this early and had no intention of getting back into the habit. All of the curtains in the house were drawn so he didn't have to worry about the sun getting in. After a few minutes he rose to his feet and once he'd stretched to wake himself up, made his way out of his bedroom to see whether his guest was awake yet or not.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2014, 12:50 PM

Kirin was walking up the hall. He was lost in thought as he just looked at everything. This place was fascinating. He was humming softly as he moved.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM

Christian didn't have to go far to spot his guest, leaning against the wall just ouside his bedroom door, the man stood and watched him having a look around.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 03-31-2014, 09:52 PM

Kirin ran his finger over some of the wood work. It was just a shame this place had fallen to pieces. With a little tlc it could be a beautiful place. Man was he glad he didn't have any allergies. This place would be murder on anybody who did have a dust and mold allergy.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 01:56 AM

Christian watched him for a moment longer before he finally stepped into the hallway and looked towards him. "Morning. Did you sleep well?"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 02:19 AM

Kirin jumped a bit. "Oh yes, very well. You?" He said trying to get his heart to stop racing. He hadn't heard Christian approach.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 AM

"Oh, so-so. I never sleep well when I visit this place." The male shrugged and approached his guest, he could hear the increase in his heart beat and smiled faintly. "I'd offer to make you breakfast but unfortunately my cupboards are bare. I didn't think to get anything on my way over."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 AM

"I have snack stuff in my bag, so I'm good. This place is amazing. I wish I could have seen it when it wasn't falling a part." HE said with a smile.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 02:55 AM

Christian nodded and looked along the corridor, remembering it as it was when he was a child. "There are several framed drawings of it back when it had first been built. Though there's a photograph on the wall somewhere of it a few years back." He walked down the corridor a bit and stopped in front of the mentioned photographs, it was in black and white and the people in the frame were all dressed in early Victorian clothes.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Kirin followed Christian. "Wow. It was beautiful." He said in awe. "Have you ever thought about redoing the place?" He asked curiously. Though he's was talking to Christian he never took his eyes off the photo.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM

"I come and visit for a few weeks each year and plan on cleaning the place up while I'm here, but I never get around to it. It's too big for one person alone and I think it might be time to sell it to someone who can look after it." Christian said with a sigh.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 PM

"Well if you wanted to redo it I would be willing to help you." Kirin said with a smile. "I'm sure we could do it. And if you had to leave I could stay and continue to work on it."

Sunday Roast

Old 04-01-2014, 07:50 PM

"It is very nice of you to offer but I really don't know what I want to do with it yet. Ven if I do clean it up and make it habitable again it's still too big for me." Christian sighed, he didn't want to get rid of the house but it was too big for him to live in full time and he much preferred his city apartment.