Sunday Roast
Now with added Yorkshire pudding...

Old 03-27-2014, 05:44 AM

To think this little village had once been so quaint and peaceful. A number of peculiar looking visitors had arrived the previous night and had been asking the locals all sorts of strange questions. They were trying to locate a man they claimed was a friend of theirs but the men in the local pub hadn't been at all interested in speaking to them, claiming people from the city had no place poking their noses around the countryside. The visitors had left and were not seen again until the next night.

Samael had lived in this village, on and off, for most of his life. Though the farm on which he'd been born no longer stood, he owned a little cottage just a few minutes outside of the village. To the locals he was an artist who spent his days locked away in his study working, though he always left the house in the evening, he enjoyed long walks in the warmer months and evenings in the local pub during the colder months.

Word had reached his ears, however, of strange people pestering the locals in their search for someone. Of course he knew who they were looking for and even who had sent them, but they didn't know what he looked like and as long as he kept a low profile, everything would be fine. That night, as usual, he left his home and paid a visit to the pub. Taking his usual spot at the counter, he ordered a glass of red wine and exchanged polite conversation with the somewhat intoxicated regulars sat either side of him. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Bellinda

Old 03-28-2014, 12:38 AM

Evan was excited about the hunting trip, he couldn't wait to get with the others for the trip. He grabs his crossbow and straps it onto his back, also he grabs his small quiver with bolts and his dagger. He walks out of his house which he lives alone, his family was killed by vampires a while ago. So he knew there would be danger out but they needed food for the village. Evan was one of the men picked cause of his skills so he could easily match the others. He heads down the small road heading toward the pub where the small group was waiting at.

They would need some supplies from the pub so that's where they told him to meet up. He walks inside and takes a look around as it was crowded like usual. Once he heard his name being called out, he heads over to the group. After talking for an while or so they gather up their things. Evan also helps with the pouches of food supplies since it would be a while for them to return to the village. They had to get enough food for the village for the coming winter.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-28-2014, 03:57 AM

Samael listened to the farmer on his left talk about having difficulty getting the last of his crops harvested in time, the weather would soon change and the frost would destroy anything still in the ground. The man on his right was a local carpenter, though he had nothing to say on his trade, he did have quite a lot to say about the landlords daughter.

Resting his chin in the palm of his hand, he lost himself for a moment down memory lane. He remembered all the times he'd helped his father bring in the harvest as a child and it brought a smile to his lips. Seconds later however, the smile vanished as he caught movement from the corner of his eye and looked in the direction of the hunting party.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-28-2014, 05:37 PM

"Let's take it easily with this newbie here" one of them tells the others in the group. It was clearly they was talking about Evan. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, "You guys don't need to worry about me. I can do it beside what could happen. This village needs the help," he says, "And also the village can't let every strong men leave. Especialitly with those strange visitors." Evan had heard about those visitors who was looking for someone. He kind a had a bad feeling but he clearly push that out of his head.

Evan looks around and looks toward Samael's direction. He had seen the man around some time but he never really spoke to him. He had his own problems to deal with before he heard the other guys saying it was time. Evan looked away from that direction, head out of the pub, and leaving the village with the hunting group into the forest.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-29-2014, 04:37 AM

Samael watched the hunting group until they left the pub and then turned his attention back to his neglected glass of wine. Everyone seemed to be aware of the strangers, though he supposed in a village this size word did would get around quickly.

One of the strangers entered the pub not long after the men left on their hunt. Tall and scruffy, the man approached the bar and began to question the land lord, though didn't seem to get anything useful out of him. The man grumbled and turned, his gaze sweeping the room, eyeing each drinker and their drinks. Nothing strange there, they all had a drink and many had been drinking from their glasses as he looked. Gah! He was starting to think they were looking in the wrong middle of nowhere.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-30-2014, 06:45 PM

The group heads deep into the forest and once they reach to a spot they set up camp. They decide to rest for the night before they start hunting in the morning. They would send the youngest member of the group which was Evan out to get wood. He had a feeling that they was going to prank him or something but he went head along with it. Evan walks into the forest picking up pieces of wood as the dark of the forest didn't bother him much. He was more comfortable in the dark than in the like for some reason. Maybe it's because when he was a child before he lost his parents he would travel into the forest alone.

Sunday Roast

Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 PM

After a short while Samael grew tired of sitting listening to drunks and once he'd finished his drink and paid his tab, decided to retire to his study for the rest of the night to finish a painting. Though as he got outside he spotted a few of the village youth's being questioned by strangers and it didn't seem to be going well. The youth's didn't have anything to tell them and the strange men were getting tired of not being told anything. It wasn't their fault, Samael had kept a low profile and nobody knew just what he was. To be honest, how they'd managed to track him this far was beyond him, unless they had help from a higher authority, of course. Pondering this, the male watched from a distance, watching and waiting to see how things would play out.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 PM

Evan stops near a river and sets his arm load of wood down next to him. He sits down on the rock and stares into the water. The male couldn't help but to think about the strangers asking the village questions. Clearly someone there if the strangers came all that way to look for someone. He shakes his head, he couldn't figure out why this was bothering him so much. The village was his home so he couldn't help but to be protective by it. Since his parents death the village help grow up this young man to what he is today. After an while thinking, he figure he better get back to the group. He picks up the wood he had gathered and heads back to camp.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 AM

Finally tired of not getting the information they wanted, the strangers attacked the men and knocked them to the floor. Samael had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but it was time for him to step in. "Why don't you two pick on someone your own size?" He spoke as he approached the two calmly, his arms folded lazily across his chest. The strangers turned their attention from the locals, who quickly rose to their feet and ran as fast as they could home, and to the lone man speaking to them. "I hear you've been interrogating the locals, just who is it you are searching for?"

"An old man." The tallest of the two men replied with a smirk. "A very old man."

"I see. You've just seen the oldest man in town in the pub, was he not the man you were after?"

The man laughed loudly and approached Samael. "The oldest man he may be but he is still too young to be the man we are looking for."

"Then it would appear you are in the wrong town, there is no one older in town. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've a painting that needs framing." Turning on his heel, Samael began down a side street and in the general direction of his home. Though the mention of a painting seemed to spark something within the two strangers and they began to follow.

The streets were dark this time of night and even with the dim street lighting, it was still impossible to see anything clearly. The walk from the pub to his cottage only took five minutes and during those few minutes, there had been two ungodly shrieks and Samael arrived home alone.

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 AM

Evan returns back to camp as everyone was around the fire talking about things. He place the pile of wood down and takes a seat next to the fire. "So are we sure we going to find anything tomorrow? I mean there has been there hasn't been much luck with hunts in the past." He leans back against the log while he just hops right into what they was talking about.

"Yea our village hasn't been having much luck and if things do get bad we may have to move the village, Jason says, "but we can't move the village right now with all the eldery and children. The trip would not be so good on them." sighs poking the fire.

Evan sighs deeply and nods, "Yea I guess you are right....anyway I'm going to turn in seeing we need to get started earily in the morning...." he would stand up but Jason stops him. "No, Evan...we are turning in while you have the first watch...night.." he laughs while the others head to their tent. Evan blinks just standing there couldn't believe it, but there was nothing he could do. "Whatever...." He sits back down near the fire and looks around the dark forest.

Sunday Roast

Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 PM

((Did you have an idea on what you wanted to happen? Because at the minute my guy is on his own and just about to head inside as there's not a lot else for him to do.))

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 PM

(That's what I am trying to think about....you have any ideas? I still think they need to come back to destory the village or something)

Sunday Roast

Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 PM

(That's what I was planning but it would be me doing all the typing as your character is out of the village :p )

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-18-2014, 02:03 AM

(Well I could help out with the attack not with my main but with another character or something. So that way you won't have to do all the writing.)

Sunday Roast

Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 AM

(If you want)

Bellinda
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-23-2014, 03:21 PM

(sure so you can start of the attack since it is your post)

Sunday Roast

Old 04-24-2014, 01:46 PM

(Fine. The next night or the same one?)