Angelic Cricket
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM

I totally forgot that I was even a member on Kinsaki. But I just was able to log in.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM

I think that the bases were made by the same person who used to picel for Spirits Or Arca.. or whatever it wass.

I saw her DA.(sorry if this has been answered)

I used to be hooked to kinsaki. Since that wipe, I've been visiting like, once very 2 months. >.>;

Leela
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Leela

Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 PM

ohh yeah, I wish they hadn't released 4 this month. It's to hard to earn points and then find a credit seller.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-11-2009, 04:34 AM

Kinsaki just released more hair and finally new eye options in March. I'm so happy with my new blue eyes and hairstyle. ^_^

I didn't know we had these sections to talk about other sites, I pretty much stay in the quest section here and the Exchange. I suppose i'll have to get out more around mene. ^_^

I agree With SoA's items being poorly pixeled Jelly, anything with a black out line is kinda like WTF? I kinda think that site should be taken off the web too.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 AM

What do you think of Kinsaki with its new management? I haven't actually heard much of anything about Kinsaki since the change.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 AM

I LOL, a lot, at how little people have to say about that place, over here xD

Wonder when Jo$h will be starting up his next avatar site then >_>

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-12-2009, 03:41 AM

For the first month it was really slow and nothing happened other than her promises that things were in motion, then in March she hit us with a lot of updates and even bug fixes started happening. Things are looking up that's for sure. Any activity from an owner is better than none. XD The people at kinsaki didn't feel as betrayed as when he did the same with Mene since we already saw it coming and knew what kind of person he was.

Though we're still recovering from that "System Crash" and waiting for a few items from a past event to be put back into the system via a new event. I know Claire is currently working on two new games for us, a site redesign and an inventory management system.

I was staff there for like a month and a half then my husband left me and I resigned my staff position because I was afraid I'd take it out on users that were acting up.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Ouch Nephila, I am sorry.

I wonder if they will have any Easter items.

RyaLee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to RyaLee

Old 04-13-2009, 01:58 AM

I just got back on kinsaki and apparently now there's a minimum you can post ... it's driving me mad.
I saw some one discussing it a week or so ago but I didn't think they were actually doing it and now I have to add things I don't feel are necessary to add in my posts :\ especially in the draw the avatar above you thread ... what the hell else am I supposed to say other than "hey I'll draw you and edit later" [something along those lines]
I understand why they would want to do it but really it's kind of insane.

Leela
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-13-2009, 02:03 AM

I agree with that. It is rather annoying.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 04-13-2009, 02:48 AM

Oh, yeah. If I just want to say "thank you" to someone, I now feel like I'm spamming up the post just to meet the minimum requirement. D:

Tre Le Coco

Old 04-13-2009, 03:14 AM

thats the most stupidest thing i've ever heard xP what are they going to do? ban people for not meeting the minimal requirement? :roll:

RyaLee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to RyaLee

Old 04-13-2009, 03:36 AM

no, it just won't let you post until you've met the required amount :\
the argument that I read was that since people like to decorate their posts it would be easy to meet the minimum.

Tre Le Coco

Old 04-13-2009, 04:17 AM

...im sorry what? xD; there is a minimum post limit yes? but if you don't meet that, it won't let you post?

Hm, kinsaki's brilliance yet again :roll:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-13-2009, 04:25 AM

Yeah, no one likes it, but honestly if your post isn't more than thirty characters then it can't be all that important to the conversation at hand. I think the reason behind it was they wanted to cut down on people saying one worded posts. Things like only saying"hi" or "How r U?" in one post. I personally don't have a problem with it. Though that might be because I'm used to talking a lot in one post. I think they should bring it down from the thirty character mark to fifteen though as a sort of meeting people half way as a lot of people have complained about it.

Saying "Thank-you" or "Thanks" to some one is easy to bring up to the thirty character minimum. Just use a complete sentence like "Thank-you *persons name* for *whatever it was they did* I appreciated it very much. ^_^"

And they obviously won't ban people for something they can't do. XD Silly.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 AM

We tried that out here before. Either on the forums themselves or on the beta for this software. Everyone hated it so it got nixed pretty quickly.

Yes, it's pretty easy to get around a minimum, but since it encourages people to use those hideous post flobs, I'll stay away even further from Kinsaki. I've been linked there with someone else's password to read the donation items announcements and it's just headache inducing to try to figure out what is a text flob and what is the actual post.

::shrug::

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 AM

Kinsaki allows flobs though. There was someone on there who added about 25 of those damn dragon eggs to every single one of their posts +_+

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM

Yeah, I know they allow them. But imposing a character limit 30 long with the rationale that, "well, people like decorating their posts, so it's easy to meet that!" means that people who otherwise would not have used a flob or would have used a reasonable one may have to throw a few more in there if they have a short URL. ::shrug::

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 AM

They've been slowly limiting "flobs" (not sure if we're talking about the same thing I'm talking about forumtext / Smile options) threw size and amount of text allowed in signatures. I know what you mean though about the 25 dragon eggs Jelly. It looks like poop when it's in every other post like that. I and other people have suggested they limit it to 4 clickables per signature/forumtext but the problem is one of the admins is a clickables addict. *sigh* and you know how that goes.

EDIT: that wasn't the staffs rational...that was the under thirty character posters finding a way around that limit...

Taraski
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2009, 09:48 PM

I've lately forgotten about Kinsaki. Mostly I think it's because they had this one accident once and I took a break from there and then my computer broke and when I had to get a new one I didn't have my old bookmarks left anymore, so half of the sites or even more I previously used I forgot as there were tons of them. But I think seriously, I should soon go check on Kinsaki again to see how things are going there.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 04-19-2009, 02:28 AM

Logged on last night. ...I need to finish clearing out my account for art. 1 artist disappeared on me in January and she owes me 1 more piece. Don't know what to do with that one. The trade is still open and will stay that way. There's no price guide in the exchange for rares so I can swap items for points(fairly b/c I don't know prices and don't want to get swindled). x.x I've got my eye on 1 particular artist to see if I could swap my loot for art.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 AM

Yeah, the previous price guide was made by a non-mod and they were found guilty of using it to up prices for there own shop. Like they would post up a certain price on something with no evidence of anyone other than themselves charging that much. It was horrible. I'm glad it got deleted for now. They're working on a mod run price guide, though I'm not sure how long it'll take them. That sucks that an artist ran out on you. I hate when people do that.

We just got a new feature this month that I think Menewsha could use more than us since we have more clothes here. Now in the stores there is a search feature so if you already know what your looking for you can type that in and it'll pop up right away. Also you can search by color and price. It's pretty cool.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 AM

Lol, seem to remember the same thing happening on here with a user-run price guide...

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM

yeah, some people will do anything to get ahead. It's pretty sad really. Most people knew that's what was happening so the just sold at what they thought was fair until it was finally removed.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM

It's why we don't allow people to create guides of their own now. It makes me laugh when I see people in the exchange saying our price guide isn't accurate, it damn well is! We don't go solely by trusting what people report. We pull the sales details directly from the trade logs, so it's extremely accurate, and we can see who over-charges >_>