wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 04-22-2014, 04:41 AM

All Magnus could hear was the enormously loud sound of the wind screaming by his ears. Everything had gone black and he was blinded by sheer darkness. Flashes of bright red appeared randomly and every time they did he could feel another searing pain as another chunk of his wings were ripped off. Soundless screams reverberated in his head, his back convulsing uncontrollably in terrible agony. Just when he thought he could bear no more, another rip would follow, and warm blood would stream down his back.

It felt as if he had been in this agony forever, but really it had only been a few moments. Only a few moments since he had been cast out of the gates to his home in the sky, never to return again. Only a few moments before his transformation had begun and his wings had began to be ripped from his body. If only he had known what a terrible price he would have to pay for his disobedience. He had somewhat known the risks but had never thought it would be like this. All over trying to help someone change their fate.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity, the red flashes came no more. Hope began to flutter inside him but was crushed as soon as the darkness faded and he was able to see his surroundings again. He was falling, with no hope of slowing since there was nothing left of his wings but tatters, flapping in the air above him, useless. Turning his head back down his eyes widened as he saw the ground rushing up to meet him. This can't be..the end can it? He tried to brace himself for the impact he knew was coming but it did no good. At the last moment he closed his eyes and slammed into the ground, stone cutting into his arms and legs and face. Earth rose up like a great tidal wave and sprayed in all directions. As the dust cleared the only thing left in the hole that had been created was Magnus, who had been knocked unconscious by the impact instantly. He lay there unmoving and exposed to the elements and any other thing that happened to be nearby.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 AM

It had been like a string that was tied to his sternum pulled, jerked him forward and up out of his bed. Out into his truck, down the poorly lit back roads and into the main city.

Every fall was so gloriously horrific to watch. He was grateful for the night sky, the glowing, soaring beam that was the angel as they plummeted. A comet, heading straight for him. With an easy calculation, he moved, allowing an ample distance between himself and what he guessed would be the landing site. He was off, but not too far. The ground exploded up around the beast as it landed, a rain of blood dotting the ground moments later.

Weatherford, Ford as he preferred, stood and watched the spectacle impassively. He expected tears, anger, confusion. What did I do, why did I do it? Boring. So very boring.

Sometimes he missed the ignorance of being holy.

The evening breeze blew across his shoulders, his long, long jet-black hair tied up and back in a high ponytail. Blue eyes waited for the dust to settle unconcerned with how it coated the black leather of his jacket, landed on the faded blue of his jeans. Beneath his jacket, a simple green t-shirt. Inconspicuous, save for the facial structure, the strange, somewhat androgynous quality of his body shape. A gift from God, truly and wholey.

When the dust had settled, he climbed his way to the rim of the hole in the ground to crouch, peering down into the crevice at the non-human that it contained. And, then he threw a rock in at it.

"Hey," He called, bored eyes already impatient. He didn't care for meeting others of his kind, not anymore. There were pompous and self-righteous. He'd gotten over that centuries ago. "Come on, man, get up. We're made of tough stuff. Heaven's not that far."

It hadn't been hard to ward this area of the park off from prying eyes. Humans were easily manipulated--there was a reason demons liked them so much. He only ever used the ward knowledge when absolutely necessary. A holy being falling from the sky? Yeah, one of those times.

Last edited by Mobius; 04-22-2014 at 05:31 AM..

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-22-2014, 05:11 AM

Magnus was slowly coming around when he felt something hard hit his hand. It was enough to jar him fully awake, the dull throbbing from his back reminding him of what had happened. He shifted a bit, trying to see how much it was going to impair his movement and was relieved to find out it wasn't as bad as he had feared.

As he began to sit up he heard the voice calling down to him from up above his head. Looking up he was surprised to find someone up at the top. It shouldn't have surprised him though, he was sure his fall had made quite the loud sound, alerting anyone who happened to be near. Frowning at the size of the hole, he stood up, wincing as his torn wings pulsed from the involuntary stretch he had given them.They weren't bleeding as badly as before, but his back felt as if it was covered with drying blood. "Give me a damn minute would you? Geez I gotta get adjusted to being wingless you moron."

Magnus had never been known for being an angelic personality and had constantly gotten in trouble for his attitude. Angels don't talk that way, angels don't smirk, angels don't do this and do that. Maybe it was a good thing he wasn't allowed back into heaven. It was so boring there, he couldn't help but find things to do that would eventually get him into trouble.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-22-2014, 05:38 AM

"Yeah, totes me that's the moron." Ford stood back up at the rim of the crater, hands digging deep into his pockets. He didn't bother jumping down, didn't have a reason to. If the idiot couldn't climb out of a hole, he deserved to die in one. "At least I fell during the dark ages. Moving wingless is just like moving with wings--on your feet. We can't stay here long, my wards only last so long." With a roll of his eyes he turned away, carefully picking his way back through the rubble. Hopefully one of their kind who had their wings in tact would be by to fix the hole--like hell if he was going to waste energy on it.

Once he got out of the way of the crater, he dropped down on one of the park benches, arms outstretched over the back, and waited. Once upon a time, they would have both been able to hop, barely beat their wings and be well out of the hole and into the sky. It would be a cold shock to the poor sap.

Ford wanted to watch the despair. The bench was a good spot. He could get the guy the clothes and other necessities he'd brought along with him later, after all the panic. He'd only ever found one other fallen of their type, years ago. But they'd been so distraught they'd let a demon run them through. Ford?

He missed heaven. He missed flying, missed spreading his wings and his faith and his holy light out from every pore to bare down onto the damned masses. He had fallen with the weight of his sword in his hands, his one and only souvenir. He cherished it. Ford had been a soldier of an angel, one of many. He'd never had the patience to be a Guardian Angel.

And yet here he was, drawn by what holy power had been left to him to care for one of his brothers. Ye may be cast out from heaven, but never do you escape it's sight.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Magnus knew better than to try and hop out like he would have before. That wasn't going to work with his wings being shredded the way they were now. He looked at the sides of the pit he had created and tilted his head in thought. It shouldn't be that hard to climb out. There were a few rocks sticking out from the right side, those might give him a little leverage to get out somewhat better. It would take a little more effort than the cloud climbing he had done in heaven since he wasn't going to be able to catch himself mid air if he fell. All right, here goes nothing.

It was then that Magnus realized that the only thing covering him was a pair of short like things around his bottom half. Well at least I'm semi-decent. He took one more look at the wall and where he was going to make his first attempt and took a deep breath. He walked up to the spot he had picked and grasped the small rock that was jutting out. Using his upper body strength, he began to pull himself up, using his feet and toes to dig into the earth.

It was definitely a lot harder than he had originally thought and after a few times of falling back down into the hole, he finally managed to make his way to the top. By the time he got there he was sweating, his hair falling into his eyes. Pulling himself out of the hole for good he laid there on the ground for a moment, to try and catch his breath. Breathing calmly now, Magnus sat up slowly, very much aware if he moved the wrong way, pain would shoot down his back. He had been able to ignore it during the climb by being focused on getting out of that pit but he could feel his back throbbing again. He hoped what was left of his wings would heal sooner rather than later so that he would be able to move around much easier.

Magnus had his eyes closed at first but when he opened them all he could see was the beauty of the stars in the sky. "Wow," he breathed out. He had never seen the sky from this perspective and it blew him away with how beautiful it was. Heaven was beautiful of course but he had never thought that Earth could provide such beauty as well. It was no wonder angels who had came down here on missions spoke so well of the nature on earth. He had never paid much attention to their stories, being much more interested in his own things.

He could sense the other...fallen behind him. If he was waiting on him to fall into despair and cry his eyes out he was in for a surprise. During his fall he had come to terms with what had happened and why. There was no point in dwelling on things he couldn't change. For good or bad, he was here on Earth to stay now and that was just something he was going to have to deal with. He would be damned if he let the arrogant bastard behind him see any kind of weakness. He turned around and looked over towards the bench where the other was sitting. Magnus pushed his hair out of his eyes, revealing that they were a bright red. That in itself was truly unusual, that color usually being reserved for demons. He was well aware of the fact and had gotten used to ignoring the hushed comments that had followed him everywhere in heaven.

"I'm sure you don't want to be stuck with me forever so if you could just show me where to get some clothes I'll get out of your hair."

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-22-2014, 05:10 PM

The guy had one hell of a time getting out of the hole. Ford watched with vague interest, watched him slip back down the curvature once, twice. Multiple times until he figured out what went where and for how long. And, not unlike a fish, the other man fell face-first into the dirt once he was free of his containment. Ford could wait. He'd waited this long.

The awe wasn't new, either. But he granted himself enough of a reprieve to look up, following Magnus' gaze to look up at the speckled sky. Even centuries after his fall, the stars still piqued his interest. He knew every constellation from everywhere in the world at any point of the year, and once he'd learned that, he sought the mythology behind them all. He could appreciate the human's variety of pantheons, even if most all of them were fairy tales. The nordic stories he liked the most.

Regardless, he had a task at hand. While the other angel observed the world around him through the eyes of a man, he eyed the body he'd been given. He'd dress the wings when they got back to his place, he guessed. Wouldn't do to have them get infected. Not that it'd kill an angel, but damn if it didn't hurt.

Finally the kid's interest waned and he turned to Ford, who hadn't moved a muscle from his lax position, one ankle crossed over his knee. The sudden inquiry made him lift a brow, then rolled his eyes and stand. Great. One of those guys. Interesting eyes, though, they felt somewhat familiar.

"Sorry kid, doesn't work that way. I need to help you with what's left of your feathers. You can't wander around with no money--I can guarantee you'd be lying in a ditch or get your butt dragged into the firey depths. Dad kicked you out but he wont leave you alone, you're stuck with me a while." He turned away from him, heading back down the walking path towards the park's parking lot. "Least until you understand how not to stick out, and believe me, you stick out. Come on, I've got stuff in the truck."

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM

Magnus narrowed his eyes. What did the guy mean, he was stuck with him for a while. He was about to make a smart ass comment but then thought better of it. He was going to need some help and like it or not he wasn't going to turn down any sort of help, especially when the guy mentioned helping him with his wings. He was a bit confused when Ford mentioned money. He had never had a need for money in heaven. Obviously he had a great deal he was going to have to learn and fast.

Reluctantly he got up from the ground and immediately knew he had made a mistake. He had gotten up waaay too fast and now his head was spinning. "Whoa." He bent over and put his hands on his thighs trying to get his head to stop spinning. Finally he was able to see clearly again and he slowly pulled back up and cautiously started to make his way towards Ford. That guy was interesting, he didn't seem to care one way or another yet at the same time he was here and had offered to help him, begrudgingly as it was. Magnus couldn't put his finger on it, but the way the guy acted seemed almost familiar, which had to be crazy, right? He had to be imagining things, there wasn't any way he had ever seen him before. He couldn't shake the nagging feeling that he knew him somehow.

He made it over to the truck and without thinking, ran his fingers over the cold metal lightly. He had never touched anything quite like the truck and he was fascinated for a moment. Coming back to his senses he realized he must look ridiculous, petting a truck. "Umm thanks. If we're going to be stuck with each other for a bit I suppose it's best if we know each others names. I'm Magnus." He spoke quietly, not wanting to attract any more attention that he had done already with his landing.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 PM

Ford hadn't looked back, not until the other angel made a groan of pain. He turned, paused to do so, to make sure he wouldn't fall over. It wasn't that Ford couldn't carry him he just...didn't really want to. He'd get blood all over his good jeans, and that just wouldn't do. Gratefully, Magnus began to move, so Ford lead the way to his truck.

It was a small, short-bed, cherry red number. Not one of those monsters some people drove. But it was strong and did what he needed it to, other than that, he just really liked the colour. He almost laughed when Magnus started to pet it like a dog. Something he didn't miss was the naivety. Some people said it was like being a child -- Ford had never enjoyed not knowing. That's what had cast him down here to begin with.

"Call me Ford, get in. See that shiny silver thing beneath the clear part? That's the handle, pull it and it opens the door." He unlocked the car with a beep and pulled his own door open, climbing in. "I'll walk you through what I can. Dad doesn't want you blowing your cover, it might blow the minds of his precious humans. It'll take a while, and some of it is just backwards, but I'm fine. Besides, it's fun to be a little sideways among the humans -- they're a lot of fun to screw with."

The little holy power he had left had gone to making his life better, and occasionally being an utter nuisance to the humans he was forced to be around. Now that he was here, had lived around them, and had free will of his own, he wasn't really sure what the hype had been about. They were broken, weak and angry things. But, to each his own, he supposed.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 AM

Magnus looked down and found the silver part of the truck. He pulled it and with a click, the door swung open. He hadn't expected it to come open that fast and almost hit himself in the head. He shook his head and started to get into the truck when he remembered his back was covered in blood. It would be a shame to get blood all over this impressive vehicle. "Do you have something I could wipe some of the blood off my back with? I don't want to ruin your seats." Pausing, he came up with an idea before Ford could answer. "How about I just ride in the back. I can get down enough where no one will see me and I won't have to worry about ruining your seats."

Without waiting for a response he went ahead and climbed into the short bed of the truck and tried to make himself as inconspicuous as possible without hurting himself even more than he already was. Plus this way he could still watch the stars and feel the cool night air on his back. It helped a little bit and soothed his frazzled nerves. Magnus didn't want to be a nuisance to Ford since he was helping him out. He wouldn't admit it out loud but it was kind of nice not being alone here on Earth. At least they had the one thing in common if nothing else.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 AM

Ford twisted around to glance at him through the back window, before he shrugged and buckled himself in. If the kid wanted to lay down in the back, let him. He'd probably end up rolling around but...better than buying new seat covers or something.

When he was sure the other angel was in the back, he started up his truck and down the road they went. The city passed by in clips of dark buildings and bright street lights. He listened to the local classical station on low, laid one arm over the backs of the head rests and one hand, obviously, remained on the wheel. Eventually the city fell away, and with it the street lights.

The drive home on this stretch was always quiet, empty, and uneventful. A lot like Ford's life had been.

Eventually though they hit the suburbs, a somewhat expansive neighborhood. Each house had about three acres surrounding it, no where near their neighbors. The house Ford pulled up to was new, built within the last year. He considered it a blessing -- he'd only just decided to upgrade from his dinky apartment. It was a two-story, albeit modest, with a brick-and-stone exterior and minimalistic, natural landscaping. A new Yew tree had been planted in the middle of the front yard.

He pulled into the modest garage, boxes still hanging out everywhere. After the engine cut, he climbed out and stretched his arms above his head.

"We can go around to the back, spray you with the hose. Then we can get you into bed. Tomorrow, shopping." He grinned, an almost malicious sort of thing.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 AM

Magnus watched the night sky as it passed overhead, his eyes widening a bit when the first street light streaked by him. It was beautiful out here. He was still sore but he found he could put it in the background with so much stuff to see here on earth. He could tell it was going to take him a little bit to get fully adjusted to living around humans. Frowning, he wondered how he was going to pass with his tattered wings. They would stand out waaay too much to go out around any of the humans.

He hadn't really noticed the music playing softly behind him until all the street lights had stopped racing by and it was only the darkness and the stars to keep him company. He had never heard anything quite like it before but he found it beautiful. Such a soothing sound, he relaxed right away. Magnus took a moment to peek up over the truck bed and noticed they had entered into a more rural area. The houses were spaced far enough apart that he decided it would be safe to sit up just a bit. In the dark, no one was going to notice his tattered wings if he kept still. When the truck finally stopped, he quickly hopped out of the truck and looked around. This house was nice looking and Magnus noticed the Yew tree right away. It was such a strange looking tree, but very fascinating. Especially for a newly fallen angel who was bound to be fascinated by everything around them.

Magnus had almost started to go over to the strange tree when Ford's words stopped him. "Spray me?" He looked down and discovered he looked a lot worse than he thought he had. Washing some of the dirt and blood off seemed like a great idea. He looked back up at Ford, a sheepish smile on his face. "Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Umm, will it hurt?" He was very hesitant about saying that last part, not wanting the other Fallen to think he was some sort of weakling but it was a good question. Who knew how bad it was going to hurt when the water hit what was left of his wings. "Um...how am I going to be able to go shopping with these sticking out like an eyesore?" He didn't know if they would eventually just fall off or what would happen. Magnus sudden felt very glad that he had someone around to show him how everything was done, instead of having to go about it the hard way and making a great big mess of things.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 05-02-2014, 03:34 AM

Magnus wasn't surprised the other angel was drawn to the Yew. It was somewhat of a holy tree, one many ancient churches had planted in their cemeteries to watch over the dead. Ford wasn't too sure about that, he'd never seen the trees one way or another when he was still flying around, but he liked the idea.

He'd spent about twenty years passing from chapel to chapel as a pastor, it held nostalgia for him.

The concern didn't surprise him either. Big Daddy did it different now, they launching of his brothers down from the sky was a nightmare. Ford's own fall was a somber occasion, perhaps it had something to do with why he fell. He didn't know why Magnus fell, didn't really care. In Ford's own case, he still had one of his wings. He'd been given enough grace to cloak it, though. It helped that humans didn't see what they didn't want to, too. Most of his energies went to hiding his remaining wing, but he could spare enough to help Magnus until he learned how to do it himself.

"Won't hurt at all, at least, the water won't. When it hits your back, you're probably sore. That I can't help," He stepped out of the garage and started around the side of the house towards his hose. "As for the wings, Pop leaves us with enough grace to keep what we are under wraps. I've still got one wing, but you'd never know it. Humans don't see anything they don't want to, anyway. I'll teach you how to hide what's left of them. They'll heal and it'll become easier to do so." He bent, grabbing the hose off the ground. "Like I said. Dad doesn't want the humans knowing about us. You'll never fly again, but you've still got some of your power, enough to hide what you are. Go stand over there," he made a vague motion.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-02-2014, 03:58 AM

Magnus felt a sense of relief wash over him when Ford told him the water wouldn't hurt, at least not too bad. He looked at Ford curiously when he mentioned he still had one wing. If he tilted his head just right he could see a faint glow. That was probably the grace going into effect that Ford had mentioned.

"Well that's good. At least I won't have to worry about standing out and causing an uproar. How exactly do you turn it on?Wait....nevermind. Let's go do the water thing before I start asking too many questions." Magnus had heard Ford say that he would never fly again and a feeling of emptiness settled over him like an old blanket. He really hadn't had much time to think about that since he had landed. There was getting out of the hole he had made and then being consumed with his surroundings and he just hadn't really thought about it yet.

All this had hit him when he started to follow Ford around to the back of the house and by the time he got to where Ford wanted him to stand, he knew some of the bleakness was showing in his face. He hated that the other Fallen was able to see his expression and he quickly turned around, hoping that he hadn't seen. It was bad enough that he felt this way, but to have the other see what he was feeling, felt like it would just be too much and he would break down. I can break down later, when I'm by myself. Keep it together Magnus, you can do this, you have to.

Trying to think of anything other than the despair that threatened to whell up inside of him, he focused on, of all things, the way Ford walked. It was an odd thing to be thinking of the way he walked but there was something familiar about the way he walked. Like he would have known that walk anywhere but it was like the reason was buried somewhere he couldn't reach just yet. Maybe if he gave it some time, it would come to him.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 05-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Ford had a habit of watching faces. He'd had a habit of watching nuances since before he fell--that's what he did. It held true today, and the flicker of pain across Magnus' face tightened his chest. Not with sorrow for him, but pity.

Centuries being grounded, and even Ford missed the sky.

"It'll be cold," he called, leaned down to turn the nozzle. "As for the hiding, it's just like it's always been. But it'll be harder to reach, and it'll exhaust you. You don't know how much I had to use to ward that park," he tested the water before lifting the nozzle, pressed his thumb over the end. The water pressure around his thumb went up and he lifted the steam, starting at Magnus' feet and lifting it slowly up his legs. He'd start at the back, but the man had suffered enough pain.

The weirdest thing about this guy was the eyes. They weren't the eyes of an angel, they shouldn't be. He wondered if he'd been drawn by accident to an Ascended, but the remnants of the wings weren't right for that. It was angel, despite his strange eyes. They were distinctive, and he wanted to remember why he recognized them.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Magnus nodded and then braced himself for the water to hit him. Unable to help himself, he flinched slightly when the cold water hit his feet. He felt a surge of relief that Ford didn't start on his back. That was going to hurt, no way around it. He had almost gotten used to the water when it finally made it's way up to his back causing him to jump slightly. Wow that stung! Better to get it over with now though instead of putting it off. Finally the water stopped and he let out a light sigh of relief. His back felt so much better now. Looking down he was shocked to find even more pieces of his wings that had fallen off with the pressure of the water. He couldn't see his back but if he could have, he would have seen that there was only the slightest sign of the base where his wings would have been with only a few feathers attached to them. He had thought he would be able to keep some of them and after all Ford still had one of his. He wondered if this was unusual but then forgot about it when Ford's words about hiding came through.

"Oh ok. Yeah that would make sense that it would be harder now. I'm going to have to practice before we go out anywhere." He didn't know yet that barely any of his wings were left. It was going to be more of a challenge to mask his eyes from their vibrant red color. Of all the angels up in the sky, his were the only eyes that had that color to them. Then again it was to be expected when half of his parentage had been demon. It had been quite the controversy when it was found out that he was half demon. Lots of the angels had put up a clamor about him being allowed to stay in heaven but even they wouldn't dare do anything about it as long as God allowed it. He had gotten more than his share of dirty looks and found himself alone most days. The few angels that had accepted him were really the only one's he had much contact with. He couldn't help how he was born, yet most of the angels up in heaven looked down on him because of it. It was one of the reasons he was so rebellious, but this last time had been the kicker and now he found himself in his current situation.

Turning to Ford he smiled in gratitude, "Thank you." There was a towel hanging on a clothes line nearby so he went over and started to wipe himself down. He couldn't go into this man's house sopping wet. He gingerly started to pat his back down but he wasn't having much luck as he was still so sore. Magnus looked over at Ford apologetically. "Could you dry my back off for me please? I can't quite do it myself yet." It sucked he had to ask for help but what was he to do?

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 05-10-2014, 04:48 PM

The kid seemed self-sufficient enough that Ford felt comfortable turning away to turn the water off and re-wrap the hose. He felt kind of bad for him, there was almost nothing left of his wings. At least Ford had the luxury of spreading his own wing out on occasion, when he was up too late and could go into his back-yard sans his glamour. The kid was grabbing a towel (didn't need it anyway) when he turned back around. The way he looked, both like a drowned rat and sort of dopy, patting at his own back, had Ford snorting in amusement.

"Yeah, I've got it," He stepped over to take the towel, pressing firmly to get the new blood and water off. Didn't matter how hard he pressed, it'd still hurt. "Now, before I let you into my sanctuary, you're going to answer some questions. Mainly two: one, why'd Pop ground you. Two...what's with the eyes, dude? I recognize them, I think. But it's been a few centuries since I fell and I don't remember much, harder to the longer you're down here. I can't imagine they gave you anything easy with an Ascend's pair of peepers. Angels may be righteous, but they're also a little bias."

Ascended, demons, whatever you wanted to call them, he didn't like them. He'd run into a grand total of four, all before the last turn of the century. And if this kid was one, disguising itself to try and get at his holy relics? He was going to send it right back home -- he was tired, but he could do that. Exorcizing wasn't too draining.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-12-2014, 04:50 AM

Unable to help himself, Magnus hissed through his teeth when Ford pressed the towel to his back. He knew it was going to hurt but damn that stung! Finally he was semi dried off enough where he wouldn't be tracking water into the house. He gave Ford a small smile of gratitude when he turned around to face him. Despite the guy's attitude problem he seemed to have, Magnus was starting to like him. At least he hadn't ended up with someone he couldn't stand to be around, so that was a plus.

He sighed, knowing that this was coming. He was silent for a moment, trying to decide how to word what had happened. It was all starting to go a little fuzzy in his head but he could still remember mostly everything. "Well, I was assigned to watch this woman here on earth and see if her soul was ready for heaven based on the actions she did. Everything was going ok until she ended up having to sell her body. Everyone knows that's a sin these days no matter what the circumstances are. She only had to resort to it because she was starving and there was no other way she would be able to feed herself. I know I'm not supposed to interfere but it just seemed so wrong for her to have to forfeit her place in heaven just for something she had no other choice but to do! The rules haven't changed in a millennium even though humans have changed so much and I just couldn't stand it! Magnus didn't realize it but he had stood up a little taller as he spoke and his eyes lit up with an intensity as he recalled why he had been made to fall after all. 3'So I used my gift of mind speaking and whispered in this rich guys ear about her. He had a good heart and I knew he wouldn't take advantage of her. Plus this way she could try and make amends so the sin would come off her soul. I thought I had been subtle about it, but I didn't know He had someone watching me. As soon as He found out what I had done, that was it. Goodbye Heaven."

Magnus could still recall the disappointment and anger that had filled his mind when God had called him in front of him. He had know it was a bad idea to even try and argue his case but he hadn't been able to help himself, which just made his ejection from Heaven that much faster. He knew the rules were put in place for a reason but he didn't think he was in the wrong. After all, isn't that what the angels were supposed to be for? To guide the humans and help them in their times of need? Magnus was still convinced he had done the right thing and it showed in the way he held himself as he spoke about his crime.

He fidgeted a bit before answering the second question Ford had asked. He knew this was going to come up and hoped for the best that Ford wouldn't be as biased as the angels up in Heaven when he learned about his parentage. "As for my eyes. My father was an angel but my mother was a succubus. Instead of being sent to the underworld, it was decided that I had enough angel traits in me, that I would be given a chance to become one of them completely. Of course my eyes give me away that I'm not fully angel." He said the last part with angry bitterness. He had never been completely accepted. Holding his head a little higher and looked Ford in the eye. "I can't help who my parents are, I can only take responsibility for my own actions. But if you don't want to have me in your house because I'm a halfer then I understand."

He would understand. It would hurt but he wouldn't hold it against anyone who judged him because of his mixed race. He had gotten used to being shunned and rejected. It would be a shame if Ford turned out to be like that.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 05-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Ford crossed his arms slowly as the guy talked, bloody towel forgotten. His shirt was ruined as it were, and he didn't much care if it got any worse. Interesting, and sort of amusing. How freshly fallen brothers retained that righteous air. Half the time Ford did something for someone else because it was convenient for him. The other half? He had to.

Work, you know.

It was an interesting crime, but not one he hadn't heard before. A lot of the fallen he'd met (i.e. one of two) had done the same thing, helped a human out. But then, when you're half Ascended, you'd think you're always being followed. Ford would. But then, by this point in his life he was a cynical old man with a young man's face, so. What good was he?

He snorted to himself and made a vague 'come here' motion with his hand, turning away from his brand new room mate (gee thanks, Dad!) and heading for the front steps. He'd met a handful of daemons, too (more so than his own fallen brothers), and not all of them were absolutely jerkbags. Some were actually pretty chill. Everyone had an agenda, Ford included, so he never trusted one. But he could appreciate them. And man, succubi? Made really good company when you got lonely.

"Oh shut up with the race bee-ess, and get your scrawny ass inside. I've got some paperwork to finish up, you can have a proper shower, and I'll get the guest room wrestled into submission. If there's one thing I don't care about anymore, it's bloodlines. And I can't really judge your dad, I've laid up with a succubus before. Perks of being grounded." He winked over his shoulder at him.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM

Magnus started a bit when Ford didn't automatically tell him to get out. Then when it finally hit him, that he wasn't going to have to do this on his own, he began to grin. He started to walk behind Ford after a moment and snorted. "Scrawny huh?" He'd been called many things before but scrawny had never been one of them. He looked down at himself for a moment and had to agree that he wasn't the most filled out guy in the world.

"A shower sounds great. At least then I'll be clean again and not have to worry about getting blood all over your things." The wink Ford sent him, threw him off again. Just when he thought he had this guy figured out, he did something that threw his whole perception off again. When he plays around like that, he's kinda...cute. Agh what am I saying! Cut that out right now. I seriously doubt a guy like that is into the same sex. Get your shit together. He shook his head at himself and started up the steps that led up to the large porch in front of them. There was a wooden swing over on the far right side of the porch and a few other chairs that looked like they would be nice to relax in after a long day. He made it a point to himself to ask Ford if it would be ok if he could sit out here sometime and relax. Maybe after he got the whole, I'm a fallen angel! thing under control and looked like a normal human.

Mobius
One Size Fits All

Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM

"Oh trust me kid, there's been worse all over my things," he rolled his eyes and pushed his way into the house. It was modestly decorated, Ford wasn't a man for sentimental knick-knacks. After you lived on earth this long, and learn to understand decay, they start to lose their importance.

Upstairs was the first place he lead him, motioning to the right and left to indicate the livingroom and kitchen, which he named respectfully. It was down the upstairs hall, however, that he paused and shoved another door open. "Alright here's the bathroom, there's a towel on the rack. I'll get the water started and you adjust it, twist these knobs." Another motion as he started the water. "I'll be downstairs in the kitchen. Don't slip, hurts like a mother--er, it hurts."

The angel understood pain, now. That'd be a helpful deterrent. He stood back u and crossed his arms watched him for a moment before grinning nearly ear to ear. "And yeah, just for the record? You're scrawny. Like a little fledgling." He snorted to himself and slapped him firmly on the arm as he passed back into the hall. "Scream in horror if you need me."

He may not be the biggest fan of his righteous brothers anymore, but the kid seemed about as bitter as Ford felt. They may end up getting along, which would help. Ford wasn't a fan of company, but at least they could complain at each other. That would be kind of nice. And, who knows. Maybe he might like the companionship--or, well. Enjoy it while it lasts. They never stick around long.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Magnus followed Ford inside. He was dried off enough that he wouldn't get anything soaking wet, but he could still feel some of the blood running down his back. It had slowed considerably but that didn't mean he wasn't going to have some blood fall onto the ground behind him. He shot a curious look towards the living room but didn't slow down. He would more than likely get a chance to explore this new place in time. The kitchen peaked his interest a lot more than the living room did. There were so many things in there he'd never gotten a chance to look at, like a refrigerator or a freezer. It might seem very odd to humans but for a angel, those things just weren't needed up in heaven so a chance to check them out was something he wasn't going to pass up on.

Following Ford into the bathroom, he paid close attention to the knobs he was turning. He didn't want to have to call out for help after five minutes. He moved over towards the shower, the air already getting warm from the water. He looked back at Ford and was shocked to see him grinning like a cat who caught the canary. It threw him off again for a moment. When he smiled....well let's just say it was a little breathtaking. He wasn't expecting the slap on his arm and had to get his balance back quickly. For the first time since he'd fallen down to this place he laughed. It wasn't very loud, more like a chuckle but at least it was there. "Yeah I'll make sure to do that."

Magnus closed the door and just stood there for a moment, letting the warm air wash over him. Well no point in just standing here. When he had fallen, his clothes had shredded when he had hit the ground. There wasn't much left of the shirt, and gingerly he began to peel it off. He hissed in pain a few times. The blood had dried a bit and some of his shirt had crusted onto his back. Finally done with that task, he slipped off his pants that were more like tattered shorts now. Reaching his hand out, he tested the water. It was a little on the cold side so he tried one of the knobs like Ford had shown him. To his delight, the water instantly started to warm up. He made sure he wasn't going to burn himself and carefully got into the shower and under the water.

He had tensed up when he had first gotten in, but as soon as the warm water hit his back, he gave out a low moan of pure pleasure. He had never felt something so good. Had he really fallen from Heaven? It seemed as though the warm water was a piece of heaven right here on earth. The blood washed off of his back and swirled down the drain. He grabbed the washcloth he had seen and carefully started to wash himself. After he had gotten cleaned up, he just stood there, letting the warm water wash over him.