harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-16-2015, 05:23 AM

Bacon was really shoveling all that up in an instant. Yuuichi couldn't help but stare at the dog in awe. "At least slow down, though, you." Snickering in amusement as he watched the food disappear, the male was just about to get back up to his feet when Bacon suddenly went up and did that. That had almost thrown him off balance if not for his knee planting straight to the ground. "Whoa, boy. Whoa." Petting the dog as he chuckled again, the male wiped his slobbered cheek with the sleeve of his uniform before he'd finally pulled himself up with the help of the edge of the island counter.

He didn't leave the dishes, no. Yuuichi was cleaning them. "Eating and then sleeping," he mumbled to himself, "Eating and then sleeping. Of course he'd grow fat." Yet again, the Asian man snorted, chuckled quietly again, and finished up in the kitchen. He made sure to dry the dishes and the sink. He also made sure he didn't leave any traces of food behind. He knew how OCD Edgar could be, especially if it were worst than that of his brother's.

Stretching his arms up in the air, Yuuichi turned off the lights and headed up the stairs to go get that needed hot bath. Soaking himself in a tub full of steaming water seemed about perfect.

Yuuichi had just taken off the first article of his clothing and had put that over his shoulder when he'd passed by Edgar's game room. It was the room near his brother's place so that was no surprise there. After all, he always had been borrowing his brother's clothes for night clothes. Yuuichi just doesn't have much in his closet. Most of which are long-sleeved undershirts that he wears under his nursing uniform.

"You were right. Bacon just got the food and plodded up here. To sleep, I think. I'll see if I could will him to go on a walk tomorrow morning... by the way, what'll you be playing tonight?"

The sound of the motorbike didn't even have Matthew curiously looking up, no. As he tilted his head back to rest his eyes, he tightened the coat he had around him and exhaled through his lips, missing out on seeing his breath condense in the air. But, his eyes, however, fluttered open the moment he'd heard a familiar voice. The older of the two men peered down over his cheeks, and he tilted his head down to meet Bran's gaze. For a moment there, he was taken aback. The blue eyes that looked back at him reminded him of Edgar's. This only brought on more questions as a chuckle rumbled off from the back of his throat.

"Sounds perfect," he started, "I don't think I can go home yet with the dolls still lingering about-" He trailed off and shuddered. Gosh. He really hated that movie. He also hated Edgar for his love of the horror movies. He knew then that that wasn't going to be the only horror movie he'd watch while he was living in the brothers' home. "I'll see you there then?"

Whether this was an unofficial date or not, it was the perfect opportunity to drown himself in booze and food, and, of course, a great companion. Bran seemed, to him anyway, like the type of guy who socializes a lot.

Matthew used the back of his head to push himself up. With his hands still tucked into the pockets of his coat, the male let out a short, "Ah," to catch the other's attention. "I didn't get to bring my wallet... mind if I pay you back at home?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-16-2015, 07:26 AM

Upstairs in the second living room, which of course housed that larger-than-life television, was where Edgar and the long-haired gray cat, called Pistachio, had relocated to. The door to Edgar's bedroom was ajar, and a weird gurgling noise emanated from within the room. Bacon was in there snoozing...and, from the sound of it, snoring as well. The delightfully-patterned calico was nowhere in sight. Their cats were fairly elusive, and until they got used to their new housemates, Matthew and Yuuichi would likely only catch fleeting glimpses of them.

The persnickety blonde was busy poring over his collection of video games, which was equally as massive as his beloved television. His fingers danced delicately over the spine of each game case, and sometimes he would pause, squint at the game in question, maybe tug it out briefly to study it a bit more closely, and then shake his head and move on.

Now...this was strange yet again. This was more like the regular Edgar.

He must not have been expecting Yuuichi to materialize behind him. He stiffened slightly and then peered over his shoulder, relaxing when he realized who it was. But wasn't he just speaking to the younger man downstairs? "Oh." He blinked a couple of times. Apparently, it only took him a split second to regain his bearings, and that trademark stoic look crawled across his face. "Ah, yes. Lazy as ever, that one is. I swear, I have never seen a lazier animal in all my life. If you can manage to get him going on a walk, I'll applaud you."

Hm...now he was using contractions. And those icy blue eyes didn't seem quite so dark anymore. Additionally, dark circles now marred the skin underneath his eyes--marks that weren't there just a few short minutes ago.

As he spoke, Edgar finally selected a game from the wall. "I'm in the mood for Uncharted tonight." He fiddled around with his PlayStation 3 as he spoke, shifting wires around.

"Sure." Bran also shuddered for a second after Matthew made mention of dolls. Mannequins actually creeped him out more than dolls did, but that didn't make dolls any less creepy. "It's just down the street, here." He lifted one hand from a handlebar to gesture toward the far end of the block, toward the smallest open establishment. "It's called Blackbeard's. Caribbean and Mexican cuisine. It's got a pirate theme to it. It's pretty sweet. And don't worry about the bill--I've got it. No worries."

With a simple nod, Bran popped his helmet back on and revved the engine. He rocketed back down the street, making the turn at the aforementioned bar. There was a tiny parking lot behind it, where he hid his motorcycle in-between two hefty pickup trucks. He freed Chaos from his restraints and placed the helmets and the goggles in his trunk.

He was in the building long before Matthew. Bran was well-known here--the employees greeted him the instant he walked in, and by the time he selected a booth for himself, his dog, and Matthew, a perky waitress dressed like Captain Morgan hurried forward with a dog treat for Chaos. He gobbled it up with gusto.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-16-2015, 07:48 AM

Was it odd that Yuuichi hadn't noticed Bacon until he'd actually heard him gurgling over his saliva as he breathed? When he glanced down to find the dog, he was rather distracted that he didn't find him anywhere. Where could he be? While his eyes continued to search for him while he stood by the frame of the door, the male tucked his hands into the confines of the pockets of his pants as the side of his lip pulled up. He only turned to look back at Edgar when the other finally spoke.

And, oddly enough, he found himself staring again. Mostly in surprise. He had to shut his eyes tight, shake his head, and look again at the man like he'd just come sliding from the ceiling above. Not only had Edgar's look changed, so did his way of speaking. It was less... formal, almost like he was a different person altogether. Strange.

Too strange.

Yuuichi didn't seem to care about rudeness right now as he stepped into the man's room and reached out for Edgar's shoulder. His next moves certainly would've made his brother question his sexuality. Turning the older man around as he closed their distance, the male slid his hand down to the blond's arm while his free hand reached out to slip Edgar's glasses up. Nose-to-nose, the nursing student stared with a frown marring his young face. "You..." He trailed off, stopped, and let out a short, "Whoa," as he quickly let go of Edgar and stumbled back. Apparently, he'd just realized his actions and was obviously regretting it. His shirt dropped in the process and he grinned sheepishly, even laughing nervously while he waved a hand.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm going to go take that shower now."

Maybe he was seeing things. As the male marched right out, he shut the door behind him and momentarily stood still, stunned while he recalled the events of tonight. That... couldn't be right. The other's expressions were gentle. Even his eyes were different. Not only that, there weren't any bags under Edgar's eyes from what he remembered a while ago! Holy... okay. Bath time.

The Asian male shook his head vigorously, ran his fingers through his hair, and mustered up the rest of his draining strength to get into the bathroom. The next thing one could hear from the bathroom was the running water.

Matthew didn't miss out the shudder Bran displayed, and he laughed quietly. Looks like, at least, he wasn't alone in that department of finding dolls creepy. Following that hand that gestured towards the bar with his gaze, he nodded as he returned to look back at the man. "All right." When the other made mention, though, about the bill, his brows shot up as he blinked, watching as the man wore his helmet and started on to make his way towards the bar. Sure, it was Bran who invited him out, but to have him pay for the bill-

"I've got to make sure to pay him back... or at least treat him out next time." It wasn't in Matthew's book not to return a good favor. No. As he smiled, mostly to himself, he started to make his way towards the place, noting the different open establishments and the way each seemed to be welcoming guests with women and men wearing thick make-ups. He wasn't sure what to make of them, but he only politely declined whenever they came too close for comfort.

Oh, he almost got dragged into one of the shops a couple of blocks away from Blackbeard's.

Matthew was a little out of breath when he'd arrived and he swallowed as he continued to try and regain his breathing back using his mouth. The place looked pretty sweet, all right. The pirate-theme it got going certainly seemed commendable as compared to the shops he visited back when he was younger, much thanks to peer pressure. The male arrived at the table where Bran and Chaos were, and he chuckled at the sight of Chaos gobbling up his treat like there was no tomorrow.

"I take it. You're a regular around here?" He joined the two in the booth and put his forearms on the table. Clasping his hands together, the male leaned back and looked around. This was certainly a cool-looking place. "Not too hard to tell with the way the employees here seem to be paying more attention to you. Is it your good looks you got going here?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-16-2015, 08:31 AM

Pistachio, the gray tom, sat on one of the chairs, swishing his long, furry tail back and forth and watching Edgar intently. Bacon, Spaghetti, and Bran's Green Tree Python (named Kiwi) were the only animals in the house that were on strict diets, and sometimes Edgar would slip the other animals, especially the cats, some table scraps. There was a particularly tempting bag of spicy beef jerky nearby that Edgar planned on snacking on, and that beef jerky was the only reason Pistachio was still hanging around. He wanted handouts.

The flighty cat grumbled slightly when Yuuichi unexpectedly approached, hunkering down against the chair. He alerted Edgar to the younger male's behavior--the blonde turned and then immediately stiffened when he realized just how close the other was. When Yuuichi reached out and touched his shoulder, both of his shoulders rose up to his chin and he took an uneasy step backwards.

Bran had already warned Matthew about Edgar's mental problems, how he was born with a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome and didn't like to be touched (especially by people he didn't know), but he had yet to pass on that warning to Yuuichi. It certainly would have been helpful right now. Edgar looked very much like a frightened stray dog, and that wide-eyed look only intensified when Yuuichi slid his glasses up to examine him more closely.

And then...right there, right then, those eyes changed. They darkened. The bags underneath his eyes vanished into thin air. Suddenly, the frightened aura surrounding Edgar dissipated. Anger filled the void instead, and Edgar was looking more hostile now than anything else. But before he could raise his voice...Yuuichi backed off, stumbling as he did so. Edgar stood rigid, eyes darker than usual--was that a flash of red?--and watched in silence as the other man disappeared into the bathroom.

The transformation happened right there! Something...wasn't right. No, something was horribly wrong.

The waitress from before returned just as Matthew sat down, offering Bran a fancy mixed drink...which he hadn't ordered. "Ah...thanks, Lace." He took it with a smile on his face. "It's the regular," she chirped in response, watching carefully as the handsome man sipped it. "I hope that's okay." "It's fine, it's fine." Oh, wow...she stared at him as if she was a lovestruck teenager.

Bran smiled sheepishly at Matthew, knowing the interaction between himself and the elaborately-dressed waitress said more than enough about his popularity here. "I come here a lot when it's late. They've got great food. Which reminds me..." He glanced at the waitress, who immediately stood at attention. "Wanna fetch us some menus? Oh, and, uh..." He turned those striking blue eyes back on Matthew. "You want anything to drink, while she's at it?"

Beside him, Chaos was settling down, nestling his head against his master's leg and yawning widely. Until Bran ordered some food for him, this was likely where he would stay.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM

Indeed, something wasn't right. In fact, it had Yuuichi thinking about it as he dipped himself into the tub of water. Oh, he also made sure to lock the door just in case Edgar decides to storm right in like he'd done not so long ago. Hadn't meant to do that, he thought to himself as he rested his elbow on the edge of the tub. The male ran his hand halfway down his face as he tilted his head up a bit. He seemed to be lost in thought.

I lose it when I see something strange. But, that was stranger. It was like Edgar was a whole new person.

Could Edgar have two different personalities? If so, did that mean the Edgar they'd met the first day was the normal one? He remembered talking to Edgar about his work in the medical field; he was normal then, right? He didn't have the eyebags under his eyes, and his eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. When he looked closely, though, a while ago, Edgar's expression changed completely like he'd become possessed. From fear to anger, was that possible? Sure, in terms of normalcy. Their brows would meet up, and their expression would tighten. Edgar's was different, though.

Yuuichi ran his thumb along the tips of his fingers as he submerged his free hand into the water. Should... I know something about him? He had the feeling he'd missed out on something important. Should he ask Bran about it?

The regular? Matthew looked up at the waitress and then back at Bran. He's got to say, the waitress has some great assets there. He's just surprised the other wasn't paying them much attention like he was. Oh, he liked the sight, though, mind you. He's just politely keeping his gaze from lingering on too long like a pervert. "Hmm. So this is the regular in this place. In action," he started with an amused smile as he met Bran's sheepish smile.

His explanation told him alot and the male nodded in understanding. When he was asked about what he'd be having, he let out a short, "Ah," like he'd just realized he hadn't thought about it before he uttered a reply to the waitress with a polite and charming smile, "I'd like to have something strong... but, not too strong for me to not be able to get home, please." He'd hate to be a bother to Bran, especially when he had Chaos with him.

That, and he still needed to walk home.

When Lace left to get them the menus and his drink, Matthew watched her walk away before moving his gaze back at Bran. Unlike those beautiful blue eyes of his, his was a plain pair, nothing striking about them at all. "By the way, Bran. Mind if I ask you a favor?" He grinned sheepishly. "I forgot my phone and I'm worried about Yuu. Is it all right to send him a text message to see if he's already home?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-17-2015, 07:59 AM

Just outside of the only bathroom in the apartment, the lack of stomping sounds against the floor and angered shouts indicated that Edgar was not giving chase. No...instead, the blonde whipped right back around and once again began fiddling with his beloved PlayStation 3. Now he looked...normal again. The bags reappeared underneath his eyes, and the dark sheen no longer overtook that beautiful icy blue.

Just a short minute later, the sounds of the video game being played filled the house. Edgar wouldn't bother using his headset--an expensive one, too--until he knew that his housemates were sleeping or they needed silence to concentrate. Bran was never bothered by his elder brother's loud video games...but he could never be sure when it came to new people. Different people had different habits, after all.

Another minute passed. And then...a loud curse pierced the air. "I had that!" Edgar huffed, sounding irritated. Right after he spoke...the strangest thing happened. He spoke again. "You absolutely did not have that." He was answering himself in conversation. "Everything about that was wrong. Your timing was wrong, your execution was wrong...it was a complete and utter failure."

Edgar's behavior was odd, and eventually the reasons behind it would come to light...but Yuuichi's best bet was to interrogate Bran. But, as always, Bran would only give him half of the truth.

Even though Lace was laying on the flirtations thickly and obviously, to anyone paying close enough attention that was, Bran was totally oblivious. He scratched Chaos behind one of his cropped ears--the Doberman made a weird snuffling sound and tilted his head in that direction--and kept his attention on Matthew. "Oh, yeah. That's me." He sounded a little too proud about being a regular.

"Okey-dokey!" She behaved just as flirtatiously with Matthew as she did with Bran, bouncing up and down as she spoke. "Comin' right up! I'll be right back!" She rocketed away, and just a second later returned with two one-page menus in her hands. She set them down and was off again, in a flash. "Man, she moves quickly," Bran commented offhandedly, still happily scratching his equally as happy dog. "She's gonna slip up and fall flat on her face one of these days. And you know what? I'm probably gonna laugh my ass off."

The dark-haired male arched an eyebrow when his companion spoke, but smiled afterward. He spent a couple of seconds fishing around in his pocket before unearthing his phone, which he immediately held out to Matthew. "Knock yourself out. Just don't drop it. I don't mind a few dings and bumps on my phone, but it'll drive Edgar insane." Bran hummed to himself as he scooped up his menu and then studied it closely, smacking his lips once he reached his favorite item. "Mmm...Habanero Chili Cheese Fries. My favorite."

Right after he spoke, Lace returned with one of the moderately-priced drinks on the menu, handing it right to Matthew. "There you go! Just call my name when you're ready to order, boys!" She once again focused most of her attention on Bran, but he ignored her once more, and she sauntered away with a pout on her face. He really was oblivious.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-17-2015, 01:17 PM

The sound of Edgar playing his video game had Yuuichi turning his upper body to heavily lean against the edge of the tub. He had his arms crossed, his chin resting on his forearms, and his eyes lazily moving towards the closed doors. Really, now. How could Edgar be so at ease after showing so much fear not so long ago? And the fact that the other was shouting something about having had something had the male chuckling in amusement. Yuuichi relaxed and continued soaking in the water, eyes slowly sliding shut.

Until, that was, he'd heard an unfamiliar voice. It was still Edgar's but it was different. Deeper, maybe, and even more distinct. Or could he be imagining things?

Yuuichi frowned again and swallowed a mouthful of saliva before he quickly finished up. Washing the soap off his body and the shampoo off his hair, the male climbed out of the tub just after he'd pulled the plug. Grabbing ahold of his towel, he dried off and put it around his waist as he picked up the dirty clothes he'd discarded. The pants he could wear again, but the hospital had a policy about tops. Slowly opening the bathroom door, he peered out for a moment before he pulled the door a little more. He took his time to get to Edgar's door, peer in, and stiffened.

As he'd expected, Edgar was alone. Shit. Yuuichi had been too focused on what he was seeing before him that he found himself jumping at the sound of his phone ringing. He quickly hid to grab his phone from the pocket of his nursing uniform. Shit, shit... I gotta make myself answer casually! Without even looking at the screen to know who it was, he slid his thumb over the screen to answer the phone.

"H-Hello?" Well. There went his "casual" reply. At least he tried.

Lace bouncing up and down like that made him blink. Not only did that give him a good sight of her assets, it made him quickly look away so as not to end up staring at them. He could already imagine how soft they'd be to touch, how soft she'd be if he held her, and how good she'd smell like once he buried his face into the crook of her neck.

Matthew almost missed what Bran was saying off-handedly if it weren't for one of the men behind their booth laughing out a little too loudly. "Yeah. Somehow, I can see that happening," he started, "But I don't think the others would laugh." No. The others would probably take that time to help her and feel her up.

Smiling at the other when he'd held him out his phone, he took it, lifted it a bit, and said, "Thanks. And duly noted on that." While Bran looked through the menu, he, on the other hand, searched for his brother's number before he put it on the screen. Lace suddenly piping up out of the blue surprised Matthew but he smiled politely nonetheless. Just as he'd put the phone to his ear, he watched her pay her attention to Bran.

Was Bran really that oblivious? She's more than obvious about her interest towards him. And, as she walked away, Matthew couldn't help but smile, mostly in amusement. "I pity her," he told Bran as he moved his gaze back to him. He kept his eyes locked onto Bran's own pair. "Wasting all that look of admiration on you. I really don't see much but a pretty, rich, and sociable boy."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-19-2015, 03:07 AM

Edgar had seated himself on the couch before the massive television, a bowl of what looked like Dorito chips on his right side. The gray cat, Pistachio, sat on his left side, swishing his tail back and forth and affectionately nuzzling the blonde male. He was hoping for a handout, no doubt. Edgar was completely focused on his game. So focused, in fact, that he didn't even hear Yuuichi coming up behind him, and he continued to converse with himself.

"Mm. There's a fork in the path here." His expression wasn't visible from Yuuichi's angle, but it sounded like he was mulling it over. A moment later, he spoke again, but in that same slightly deeper, more fluid tone. "The right path is the high road. The left path is the low road. There are bound to be enemies up ahead, and there may very well be a sniper lurking in wait atop the high road. Taking the high road would be most prudent. You could easily take out the sniper and work your way down from that point." As if confirming his own deduction, the blonde twin nodded firmly. "Sounds reasonable. Yes. That's what I'll do." And now his voice was back to normal again.

How very strange.

Edgar wasn't expecting to hear a phone ring--he always turned his own phone off whenever he played video games...he disliked petty distractions and interruptions. Just like Yuuichi, the blonde jumped. He immediately paused his game and peered over his shoulder. The bags were not visible underneath his eyes, and his gaze seemed darker. This...was the other Edgar. He arched an eyebrow, looking unimpressed at best, and tapped his foot against the white carpet. He despised pointless interruptions.

"Nah, they'll chuckle about it. Guaranteed!" Bran flashed his companion that ever-charming grin. He really was good-looking. He pulled off that long, straight hair perfectly...better than most girls could ever hope to! "But they'll eventually get up and help her. I would if I was on my own, but, ah..." He glanced downward at the now-snoozing Doberman. "Chaos gets antsy if he's left on his own in a public place. He's not exactly the friendliest or most trusting of dogs."

He began scratching the muscular canine behind the ears again--those cropped ears twitched happily. As much as he tried to act like a tough guy, this dog was a sucker for attention, particularly if it was lavished upon his sensitive ears. He turned into little more than a loving puppy around his beloved master.

Bran blinked at Matthew's words, prominent dark eyebrows furrowing together. "Admiration?" He sounded honestly surprised that the other thought Lace had the hots for him. "I didn't see any admiration. She was just taking our order." ...Yup. Truly oblivious. A heartbreaker through and through, though it was not of his own volition. He did smirk crookedly when the other continued speaking. "Yeah, yeah. I'm handsome, I'm loaded, and I'm friendly. I'm a good catch, sure. I just don't like commitment." And sadly, that was what most people were after these days.

He pored over the menu while Matthew was on the phone, politely saving any more conversation for a later time. He idly wondered how Edgar was doing, and if he was all right with Yuuichi being the only other person in the house.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 AM

Matthew chuckled. "Well, tell me if you need time alone to catch some human warmth along the way," he said as he turned his attention back to his brother in the other line. That sounded... weird. Was he all right? As worry washed over his features, the brown-haired male cast his gaze down and brought the phone closer to his cheek. "Hey, Yuu? You all right?" The male glanced up at Bran and raised his free hand a bit, a silent sign that he just needed a few minutes of silence so he could talk to his brother.

"Hah?" The younger of the two asked. It was only then that he noticed the way his voice was shaking. "Oh. Ah..." He trailed off to peer through the side of the door. When he saw Edgar looking his way, he blinked and broke out into a sheepish grin. "Sorry about that, Edgar," he told him, "I'll, uh, go to my room now." Waving his free hand a bit at his companion, he quickly made his way to his room, shut the door and slid down to crouch, and calm his heart. He wasn't just nervous, he noticed; he was... afraid, and fascinated all at the same time.

Weird.

"Is Edgar there with you?"

The voice of his brother snapped Yuuichi back to reality. The question took a while to register, but when it did, he immediately laughed nervously. "Wha-no, no, no!" He stopped and then frowned. "Wait. I mean, yeah. He's here. Everything's fine-"

"Your voice is shaking, Yuu."

Matthew's calm voice in the other line made Yuuichi's lips purse together. "It's all right. I just learned about it too a while ago from Bran." The older of the two brothers leaned forward to rest his elbow on the table. As he moved his gaze back to meet Bran's own, he smiled a little before he'd continued on. "Let's talk about it later. For now, try and get some sleep. Your shift tomorrow's still in the afternoon, right?" When he'd heard a murmur in the other line, Matthew uttered a short, "Good night, Yuuichi," before he'd ended the call. He made sure to wipe the screen before he'd held it out to Bran.

"Looks like Yuuichi's found out about Edgar's other personality. I wonder what he did to find out about it..." While he said this out aloud, he reached out for his drink, tilted it a bit to the side, and then brought it up to his lips, seemingly lost in thought.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-15-2015, 09:42 AM

Bran was about to respond, but he paused when Matthew held up a hand, obviously indicating for him to be quiet. He leaned forward, squinting at him and straining his ears. He wanted to hear what was going on. Worried about his brother, no doubt...well...they were both worried about their respective brothers. Edgar could handle himself--he could hold his own...but he did have mental problems. Just like Edgar fussed about him, Bran fussed about Edgar.

Back at the apartment, the aforementioned blonde had already returned to his video games. Now...he seemed rather determined to ignore Yuuichi. He knew now that the younger male was there, watching him...and thus, he remained completely silent. Normally, he spoke to himself often when he played video games like this. But now...he said nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It was telling. He wouldn't do that with a practical stranger nearby.

Bran's lips were pursed together by the time Matthew hung up the phone. He took his phone back, twirling it around in his fingers. It was almost as if Chaos could sense his beloved owner's tension. The hulking dog lifted his head, marigold-hued eyes fixed on Bran's contemplative face. He didn't exactly want to say anything negative against Yuuichi, especially in front of Matthew...but he was extremely protective of Edgar. Even unintentionally upsetting Edgar could earn the other set of brothers a strike in Bran's book.

Edgar was all he had. And he would fight to the death to protect him.

"...Until he knows about Ed's issues, Yuuichi should steer clear of him." There was a hint of unease in his voice. Was there something Bran wasn't sharing with his new roommates? "Edgar, uh...he's got some odd quirks to go along with his mental problems. He's not used to having other people in his space. Just give him some space for a while. You should talk to your brother in the morning--better yet, tonight if you still can."

The sooner Matthew's brother understood, the easier it would be to avoid setting Edgar off.

The dark-haired man shifted uncomfortably in his seat. In an effort to steer the conversation in a more positive direction, he returned his attention to the menu. "I think I'm just gonna order some habanero chili cheese fries. They're delicious. I've gotta steer clear of the alcohol..." He sipped at the drink Lace initially brought him. "This'll be my only one. I'm not really fond of alcohol, anyway," he admitted, swirling the fruity mixed drink around. "A lot of the drinks here are super-fruity and don't taste like alcohol...so that's better for me. I hate the taste of alcohol."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 AM

Matthew noticed the change in Bran's voice as he warned him - them - to steer clear of Edward. And, Matthew was no idiot to simply brush this off. After all, it was them who was staying over. Technically, they could be kicked out any time, and really, he can't risk that for the both of them. The brothers were already lenient enough about the rent, much more about the payment on utilities. "I'll talk to him," he assured Bran with a smile, "Please leave it to me."

Glad that the other made the initiative to change the topic, he shifted in his seat to lean back comfortably. "Oh?" he asked as he chuckled, "I thought you're the type to not care about alcohol in your drinks." Outgoing people, stereotypically, are associated with alcohol so that was a definite surprise. Was it bad that Matthew associated Bran to having fun outdoors? "But, ah. If you do get drunk, leave the driving to me." Matthew had a high tolerance to alcohol, so Bran didn't have to worry in that department.

Then again, Matthew's been curious as to how he, himself, acts when drunk so he's been drinking alcohol in high doses when he can. The last time he remembered doing that, Yuuichi had berated him for it.

The memory made the older man chuckle, and he moved his gaze back up to meet Bran's own as he set his glass back down on the table. "May I have some of your habanero chili cheese fries when they come?" When he'd set his gaze back down, he noticed Chaos still staring up at his owner like he was trying to send some sort of message. "And... is Chaos all right?"

Yuuichi sighed deeply and slowly before he'd swallowed tightly again. As he set his phone down on the bedside table, he, for a moment, stayed where he was. He was still having a hard time calming his heart, and he really couldn't understand it. Was he scared? Was he excited? Was he happy? Was he all of the above?! He had a thing for the supernatural, and much more now that he's got a glimpse of it. He's seen spirits, but never dealt with them; and that, to him, has been always a regret of his.

He couldn't just leave his patient, after all, once he started working on them in the operating room.

The male clasped his shaking hands together. He brought them up to his lips and tried to hide the grin threatening to break out from the overflowing feelings within him. If his brother knew about this, he was pretty sure he was going to flip! Ah... shit. I gotta get ahold of myself... Yuuichi turned to look over his shoulder for a second. Wait. Was Edgar playing a game?

... he was too caught up with trying to see the change in Edgar to have seen what the man was playing.

Yuuichi made his way back to Edgar's game room. This time, he knocked before he peeked in. He seemed to be more careful now by keeping their distance. From the tone of his brother's voice, there was something he didn't know; and, he'd really prefer to hear it firsthand before he made a mess with their landlords. "Uh... hey. Is that the latest game that came out about two a couple weeks back? I heard my co-workers talk about it..." Trying it out was a definite 'no' from the looks of it. He was a stranger in their home, after all. Technically speaking. "What I mean is... mind if I watch you play, Edgar?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 AM

"Yeah, please do." Bran reached over to scratch Chaos behind one of his pointed ears--the hulking beast immediately leaned into the touch, his stone cold stare softening somewhat. "I know Edgar's not the easiest person to get along with, or even understand. And he's not used to having other people in his space. It's always been the two of us against the world. He doesn't adapt well to big changes, especially changes like getting roommates. He'll be fine. Just give him some time, and some space."

The heavily-tattooed male leaned back in his seat, stroking Chaos rhythmically behind the ear--the Doberman looked like he was in heaven. "I've never liked alcohol," he revealed, sounding rather solemn. "It destroyed, and then took, my mother's life and tore my parents apart. I don't really see the point of drinking. It's not good for you. I rarely drink...I usually have just this one drink when I come here because they're tasty. But I've, uh...I've actually never been drunk, per se." Bran's charming white smile stretched across his face. "Is that odd?"

Bran clicked his tongue. "Sure, be my guest. They're huge, anyway." Now satisfied that his master was no longer upset, Chaos settled back down with a huff, resting his head on one of Bran's legs. Just as he did so, a particularly bouncy Lace returned, a big smile on her face. "Ready to order, boys?" Bran nodded, lips pursed. "Yeah. I'm gonna get the habanero chili cheese fries. Could you make it a large so we can share it?" "Sure thing, handsome..." Now she was practically shoving her admiration in Bran's face. And he still brushed it off, instead turning those stunning blue eyes on Matthew.

"You want to order anything? Or are we good to go?"

Edgar was still in the exact same position he had been in before...except now there was a definitive change. The gray tom cat, Pistachio, was now all curled up in his lap, purring and begging for attention. The blonde would occasionally reach down and stroke his fluffy gray fur, but his attention was almost wholly focused on his game. He stiffened when suddenly, there was a knock at his door. In his lap, Pistachio curled up even more tightly, looking rather uneasy.

For the longest time--it seemed like almost an eternity--Edgar said nothing in response to Yuuichi's words. He went on playing his game as if he hadn't heard the younger male's words at all. Then, finally, just when it seemed like the bespectacled blonde was truly ignoring him...

"This is Assassin's Creed: Unity." He spoke slowly, quietly. His unblinking blue eyes were fixed on the television screen before him. A man in a bright red cloak was climbing straight up a stone tower. "It's not exactly new. But it still came out recently." This casual manner of speaking...this was Edgar's regular personality. The other one spoke with such stiff formality that it was almost simple to tell them apart.

"I don't mind if you want to watch." The character on the screen pulled off an amazing maneuver, leaping from the top of the tower and landing on a guard with a rifle below. A blade flashed, blood spattered, and the guard was no more. "But..." Edgar glanced over his shoulder, vibrant icy blue eyes half-lidded. "If you get in my face again...I will not hesitate to knock you out." That wasn't exactly a threat...but a guarantee. Edgar hated to have his personal space invaded, that was for certain.

With that, he turned back to his game. Apparently, he was trying to infiltrate a heavily-guarded area and assassinate a single target (who had a gold marker over his head). He was taking the high road, taking out the gunmen on the roofs first before moving on.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 05-24-2015, 12:57 PM

Matthew nodded. He understood what Bran had to go through. After all, he had to deal with a rather touchy, and tactless half-brother like Yuuichi. He wasn't sure if he was spoiled or, he just really likes to be spoiled. "Hopefully, it won't take too long. Yuuichi tends to get a little too friendly." The male sighed. Running in when his brother was making out with a doctor was certainly not something he had expected.

Then again, doctors had it hard. Finding a lover outside work? Or, even a partner for the night? It was almost impossible what with their crazy schedules.

"I see." The story of alcohol tearing their parents apart certainly touched the older man's emotion. "It may not be good, yes, but it can calm the jitters, and make conversation flow smoothly." Returning that charming smile with one of his own, he looked back down at Chaos who seemed at ease now that his master's calmed down. Dogs really were a loyal thing. It'd be nice if their pets start to trust them, too.

When Lace chimed in and tried and shoved that admiration of hers in Bran's face, he couldn't help but raise his loose fist. He pressed his lips against the back of his hand as he smiled. "No, we're good to go." It looked like Lace had seen the way Matthew was reacting because she seemed to send a glare his way. Matthew couldn't help it! It was amusing as hell! When she scribbled on the pad and made her way back to the back kitchen, the brown-haired male broke into a short series of chuckle.

"I think she may have gotten the wrong idea that you're more interested in me."

Yuuichi only seemed to sheepishly grin at Edgar's guaranteed threat. "Of course, of course... I'm sorry about that!" But, really, he was interested to see the change in Edgar's eyes! They weren't just interesting; he found that he liked them. As he rubbed his damp hair with the towel, he made his way in, only took a couple of steps, and sat by the bed.

"Ahh... whoa. I've seen a lot of games, but the graphics are getting better." He blinked. "It looks fun." When had games improved so much? Did it happen while he was at school?

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 07-04-2015, 12:10 PM

"Mm...I don't really have high hopes when it comes to Edgar adapting and accepting everything in a timely manner. It's gonna take him an eternity to adapt." Bran shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't exactly trying to make excuses for his finicky brother...he was just telling it how it was. "He's not all that friendly. In fact, he can be a bit caustic and blunt...kind of insensitive too. There's a certain way you've gotta go about interacting with him."

The dark-haired male puffed his chest out. "I like to call them 'The Ten Commandments of Edgar.' Pretty catchy, huh?"

Bran downed the rest of his drink in less then five seconds, setting the glass back down on the table with a slight, but high-pitched clink. "I don't really get jitters. And I'm pretty good at being talkative and junk without it." He scratched Chaos behind the ears, and the dog looked downright blissful. "Apparently, it's an unpopular choice. I've had people ridicule me and insult me because I don't like the stuff." He let out a most inelegant snort. "My god, you'd think I insulted their late great ancestors or something!"

When Matthew began chuckling, Bran flashed him a grin from across the table. "I've been told I'm a bit of a heartbreaker," he admitted, sounding perfectly merry in spite of that fact. "I'm not much of a romantic, you see. A lot of flirtations and stuff go right over my head. Especially if they're subtle. I don't cope well with subtle. I'm a down-to-earth sort of person."

The tattooed male swung his legs around underneath the table like an impatient toddler, staring wistfully at the kitchen doors. "I'm so hungry. I hope our fries come soon."

Though Edgar's attention was now back on his game, he seemed to know precisely when the younger man began to move. His shoulders rolled forward a bit, but he made no comment, even as he heard the soft shuffling sounds that indicated Yuuichi was taking a seat. Pistachio could sense that his beloved master was still on-edge, but he stayed put anyway, snuggling up in his comfortable lap.

"I suppose it is." Edgar seemed completely engrossed in the game. This was obviously more than just an amusing pastime for him. He was as obsessed with video games as other males his age were obsessed with sports...and girls. The various bookcases, all packed full of different books (including comic books) suggested that he, and perhaps even Bran, was an avid reader as well.

Between gaming, reading, cooking, going to school, and working...was there anything else Edgar did? At all?

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Matthew hummed thoughtfully as he listened to Bran talk about his brother. Insensitive, caustic, and blunt? No wonder the man likes his time alone. He won't be the least bit surprised if he stays alone forever; but, knowing Yuu, the boy would probably keep at it until he got Edgar to accept him - his way, anyway, instead of the Ten Commandments Bran was suggesting they should follow. 'When there's a will, there's a way!' has been his half-brother's motto. It's what's keeping him awake and alive in his work at the hospital.

But, he worried about his health. Yuu can be a little forgetful about himself, sometimes.

"The Ten Commandments of Edgar, is it?" he asked, chuckling a little at the other puffing his chest out. It made him look silly, but nonetheless, he could see their server, Lily, swooning at the sight of him. He saw what it was they see in Bran, but he didn't understand why this had such an effect on women... or men. A killer charm, he'd like to put it.

And, yet again, Matthew found himself laughing at Bran letting out an inelegant snort to make his point. "Well," he started in between laughs. When he'd calmed down, he could be seen smiling rather widely. "Not everyone understands that not everyone has the same tastes. Going against the norm makes them think that these people just aren't normal." Matthew leaned forward and clasped his hands together on the table. "But, I think this is perfectly normal."

"As for being subtle... I think everyone misses a lot if they are."

Looking down at Chaos who seemed content, still, just sitting there, he couldn't help but find himself itching to try and touch the dog. He was afraid, though, he'd bite; he never did have luck with animals as compared to Yuu. "It'll come, Bran. It'll come." Just as he'd said that, their frieds, indeed, came a couple of minutes later. The one who served them wasn't the same girl, and Matthew just had to look over the waiter's shoulder to see if he could spot her. She seemed to be nowhere in sight. Strange.

Then again, he must've embarrassed her if she'd overheard him speak about her affections for his companion. Matthew returned his attention back to the black-haired man with him."I take it, too, that you're not the type to settle down?"

Yuuichi watched, silently, and still in awe at Edgar seamlessly going through the places. He couldn't even remember if he's already had his character go back in the same place or in a new one. "What's the goal of this game?" he asked, leaning against the other's bed as he tilted his head. Yuuichi glanced at Edgar - at the back of the other's head anyway, before he'd looked down at the cat on his lap. That seems to be like a really comfortable place to be in right now.

When his eyes darted about, they settled on a particular bookcase. "... and is that a complete set of comic books I see?" Yuuichi was thrilled. He's only read one, two, or samplers of comic books, but never went around to collecting or buying them because, well, he didn't like keeping so much things with him. This was a habit he built up ever since he'd taken medicine in University.