Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 PM

Trey didn't move from his hideaway even after his breathing got under control. He knew Adam must be shocked, but they didn't even know each other well. He wouldn't know Trey did this often when he snapped and then, maybe Adam wouldn't care. They were only casual travel partners, but that probably wasn't true either. He already decided they meant more to each other than that though at times like this, it didn't feel so much like it.

As the city's noises faded back in, he became aware of a nearby scent that made his heart beat a little faster again. Did Adam come after him after all? He felt a little relieved and hopeful, but also so not ready. He only just calmed down. He still needed his space for a little while longer. But as Trey sat there in the silence, he decided what he smelled wasn't Adam at all. With interest, he continued to follow the trail that seemed to be coming closer with his senses.

Just on the far end of the alley, he saw a man and a woman stumble toward him. Though that wasn't the right word. He forced her and Trey could hear the woman's heart beat frantically as fear filled the air. He looked on with interest to the scene unfolding only some yards away from him. When the act was done, Trey understood. This other man must be a vampire like him. Even if he just fed, the scent of blood left the fangs emerging in his own mouth as his eyes shone bright from out of his hiding place.

Besides a slight shifting to get his feet firm on the ground, he did nothing though, only gripping harder onto the stone ledge next to him. Trey did not try to speak or stop the feeding or join in. He just continued to watch with unblinking sharp eyes. If he could smell the other though, he knew the other could smell him too. No doubt, this little hideaway would soon be discovered and then it wouldn't be a hideaway at all.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 04-18-2016, 08:05 PM

She soon relaxed fully against him. After the fill, he released the woman without a care. It might have been cold and rude, but he did not even bother trying to stop her fall or protect her. Honestly, he cared little what happened now that their business was done. He took a breath, gently running his tongue over his fangs. He used his thumb to brush a bit of loose blood from the corner of his mouth. A smirk forming upon his lips, he stretched his arms above his head. Nothing like a midnight snack, that would hold him for now. He chuckled, before another scent reached his attention.

He frowned a bit, he hadn't noticed anyone directly around moments ago. Though it was not surprising, Vampires sadly more vulnerable during this one heightened moment. However, now that his senses were coming back to him, he could tell that he was being watched. "Come out and play.." his words slipped from his mouth, lifting to the place the other hid. Of course, he did not know exactly where that was for the moment. He was in no rush to simply do anything about this little intrusion. To be honest, he was still a bit on the bored side of things.

Had whoever was watching seen him? It wasn't a stretch. If so, who were they and what did they want? They had to be pretty foolish to still be lingering around here now with him. Either way, it seemed he might have a bit more fun tonight after all. He lowered his arms from his stretch, his eyes closing for a moment as he took in the smells around him. He could still smell blood, but there was still the hint of something more around him. No, he was not imagining it, someone was definitely there with him at this moment. His next toy.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-18-2016, 10:34 PM

A bit of electricity went through Trey as the other addressed him. Or surely him because who else could come out in this alley. He knew immediately that they were the only ones besides the woman whose life already flickered out. His senses were sharp now, ready. Trey leaned forward, but kept his arms clenched around his knees. What would the other do if he did nothing in return? Would he come searching if Trey never moved? It was hard to tell.

A minute passed, silent, no doubt both of them trying to get a feel for the other. It was unusual for Trey to feel aggressive, but he felt on alert and ready should he need to defend himself. In the end though, he didn't want any of that. He wanted to be alone now, especially from strangers. They made him anxious and awkward, like he needed to hole up and never come out again. Which he really didn't want to do because he did need to go back to Adam and tell him not to worry because he seemed like the type that worried far to much.

"Go away," Trey finally said, turning his head away from the other man as if that might make him not exist in the alley anymore. It was a silly thought, but Trey needed it. And a part of him believed that just telling someone to go away would work.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-24-2016, 12:36 AM

This vampire was indeed quite cunning like himself, as Jacob expected. He couldn't just whisper a few words and take the vampire under his wing, but he didn't falter. He kept his smile on and it was a true smile. He'd much enjoy the company of one more like himself. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean," he murmured. "I don't want anything of you. It's just, we vampires are so few in numbers that it's quite a celebration to see new...blood as it were." He quirked another smile, something shining in his eyes, like a joke or a secret he wasn't sharing. Any hint of menace was gone in his voice and posture. In all, he looked the part of a charming gentleman.

Dipping his head in another slight bow, he stepped around the room as if to make his way to the door, though he kept his eyes on the other vampire. "It is my pride to greet newcomers to my town personally. I wished to extend an invitation to dinner tomorrow night. Of course your companion is welcome too. I would have liked to offer the invitation to them in person as well, but it seems we are not on good terms?" He paused, a question in his voice. Though he didn't pause long enough to allow for an answer. "I'm terrible sorry if I have somehow offended you or given you a shock. I have gotten used to a way of doing things after such a long time, you see."

Never quite relaxed his mind, he continued to search with his senses, wondering where the other vampire had gone. It never did to be careless in situations like this, though he doubted these two could do anything to him and his domain. They really had no idea what they walked into to or the power that he held. The surface only showed so much.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Perhaps if Adam were younger, more prone to fantasy or more gullible, he would have fallen for the stranger... Jacob. After all, he had to admit, Jacob was rather fetching. He also had such a way with words that Adam could only envy. Still, it would take more than some soft words and a pretty face to make Adam fall.

Adam stared at Jacob, unmoving save his eyes. When Jacob, once again, mentioned his companion, Adam's eyes narrowed a little and he found he was near glaring at Jacob. Truthfully, Jacob had done nothing to deserve such a reaction, besides catching Adam off guard a little. Adam snarled a little as Jacob moved towards the door. The way this vampire suddenly appeared and began poking around asking about Trey made Adam uneasy and he felt defensive.

Adam wasn't sure what to say about the dinner invitation. Certainly, his mind would not rest until he knew Trey was okay. Adam thought it over quickly. "You are charming." Adam surprised himself as his tongue was speaking faster than his brain. He didn't mean to compliment Jacob, yet, it came out anyway. "Perhaps you will see me and my companion again."Adam wasn't confirming his presence, still, rejecting an invitation would be rude, would it not?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 AM

Jacob's smile strengthened at the other's words. He might be tough, bit it seemed this other man did waver under his charm. Perhaps they could be friends yet. After all, Jacob sense the two of them shared many views, though this sense of protectiveness over his companion might be troublesome. Or perhaps a boon depending on how he looked at it. After all, Jacob now knew the other man's biggest weakness and such it never hurt to gather such knowledges.

"I'm glad. I shall look forward to that night," he answered with a dip of his head in acknowledgement. Something in his smile seemed to purr at the compliment like he could lick it up off his lips the same as blood. "Since I have intruded so rudely, I will take my leave. I'm sure we both need to get ready for the night and I do hope your companion finds a safe place out of the sun." He flashed another smile and turned toward the door. No more than two steps away though, he paused to turn over his shoulder in a contrived gesture no doubt planned to tempt the other man's curiosity more.

"Ah. I have forgotten something though. I'm afraid I don't know your name. If you are to come to dinner, I must know my guests. And the manor I reside in is, I'm afraid, invite only." And of course, he gave those to only the most interesting and delicious. Neither type were worth passing up.

Kory

Old 05-09-2016, 10:20 PM

If Adam weren't so tired, he perhaps would have let loose a small chuckle. Yet, he was still sore from losing Trey. "I am surprised you don't already know that..." Adam said, certainly, this stranger knew about him coming into Paris with Trey, then certainly knew about he and Trey getting separated. It was surprising to find one thing that the stranger did not know. Adam wasn't sure what would be less foolish. Give his name, reveal more information about himself that the stranger could use against him... Or, to hold onto whatever private information he may have left. Adam chose the former.

"Adam." He sighed through his nose, still keeping a careful watch on Jacob. "My... companion, is named Trey." He felt he could safely assume that such information would not be used against him or Trey in the future, still, it was something more to reveal about the two of them to a perfect stranger that he didn't feel he could trust completely. The ere about him was different. Something was not quite right, it wasn't a click of compassion for this stranger like there was for Trey. Jacob did not smell like her, firstly.

Too many thoughts ran through Adam's mind, making his head hurt the longer he tried to process them. Though, Adam did his best not to let that show. "I have had a long day." Adam sighed. "I'd prefer to be alone now." The truth was, Adam's head was hurting and he was worried sick for Trey. The way Trey bolted into the night like that made Adam wonder if the young man would really be okay out there on his own for the night, and maybe during the day... in the sun.

That thought sent chills down Adam's spine, but certainly, there was not much Adam could do if Trey was stuck out there when the sun came up. Adam chewed his bottom lip, turning away from the stranger and staring off into the shadows in front of him.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 AM

Silence. Nothing for a few moments came to his ears, other than the natural sounds of the life around them. However, finally the other spoke. As soon as those words left the other's lips, yellow eyes were on his location. Viewing the other, taking in his position and what he could see of him. Go away? That was really what the other was saying to him, what the other was trying to get? He laughed, finding it utterly stupid. "And why should I listen to you?" he said, his look carrying a bit of malice behind those eyes. Almost animalistic in nature, they all but glowed within the darkness of the night. "Have a bad night?" he mused, poking at the other bluntly.

Probably not smart, but he really didn't care. If the other wanted to pick a fight, then by all means, he was ready to end it. He ran his tongue lightly over his fangs, a slightly more sinister smile tugging at his lips. It had been so long since he had been able to play. With anyone worth his time that is, humans were quite boring after awhile. Screaming and running, till someone snapped their neck....or bit it. He chuckled, the darker thoughts within his mind not uncommon. After all, that was what he was raised for...ever since what happened. To be a killer, a fighter, a threat. It didn't matter. What mattered now, was there was a little fly within the spider's web.

He might get yelled at for starting a fight. All this pent up energy and nowhere to let it out. He was all but itching for action already, so it was not far from thinking something could make him snap. He felt the tension in his body grow, practically bristling at the edges. He clenched his jaw a bit behind that smile, it took quite a bit of what he had just to keep where he was. To keep from pouncing like an animal. The others always told him to be smart about his work, to think and use that brain of his. What was the fun in that?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-13-2016, 01:34 AM

Jacob flashed another smile at Adam's comment, looking a bit amused. So the other man thought so highly of him already? Like Jacob could know anything. It was a nice thought, a bit like he was god for this city. It humored and intrigued him, though he didn't reveal that, keeping his smile light and mysterious. It wouldn't do if they could read him so early on. A bit of mystery only added to a man's charm after all.

"Well, I bid thee farewell then, Adam. It is, as always, a pleasure to meet another like me." He bowed at the waist and pushed the door open. "I hope to see you and...Trey soon. I always treat my guests to the finest." With those parting words, he finally slipped away, seeming to become one with the shadows. Maybe the truth, or just a trick of the eye. Either way, he was gone and soon out in the night now nearing day, perhaps less than an hour away. With a vampire's speed though, he reached his home with plenty of time to spare and let out a hum. First a little midnight drink and then he had a feast to plan.

~~~

Trey tensed again, his body squeezing so light it made his legs and arms ache at the joints. The need to panic pushed up against from inside him, seeming to come out of his stomach and press up against his throat so he found it hard to speak. It was funny. He got the same feeling as a human and it still persisted after this many years and he didn't even need air to live. So why did he still feel short of breath, his heart straining somewhere inside him?

"Go away," he repeated, a little louder and more desperate. It made his voice sound more menacing, but it was still small. The other vampire looked so menacing. Trey wished he hadn't parted ways with Adam. He hated to fight, but if this other vampire continued to pressure him, the violence would explode out regardless of his wishes. It was why he wanted the other to leave already. Leave or I'll make you and I don't want that. You don't want that.

Trey looked up again, meeting the other's eyes with a flash of bright cyan. This time, he didn't blink. "Go away. I don't like you!"

Kory

Old 05-29-2016, 02:32 PM

Adam frowned thinking, What have I done? as he watched the stranger leave. It felt odd to be alone again. Funny, as Adam had been alone for most of his life, he didn't realize how bad it felt to be alone until he had met others like himself. The thought was brief, as it was next followed by the typical worry for Trey's safety.

Adam decided that there was not much he could do about it now. He skulked over to the living area of the apartment, which was still shrouded in darkness, and he found the couch. He sat on the couch, then sprawled his legs and arms across it. As he stared at the ceiling, he pondered over the events of this night... Then, his mind wandered to the events of every night previous... All the running he did to avoid people knowing his secret. All the savage killings he did. Yet, he was numb to it all.

He wondered if this was really how he wanted the rest of his existence to be... Did he really want to run from everyone and everything? Moving from place to place as quickly as he could whenever things went south? Adam wanted to shut off his brain for even a few moments. This thinking was too much and he felt there was no point in replaying his memories over and over in his mind like this. Adam closed his eyes and did his best to rest, though sleep did not come easy.... (When it came at all.)