Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-12-2014, 12:51 PM

The Younger Brother

Name: Bran Benedict Royce
Likes: Animals, motorcycles, tattoos, horror movies, video games
Dislikes: Entitled elderly and middle-aged people, seafood, rain, authority figures, cold weather

~The younger, and generally friendlier of the Royce brothers. He's a bit of a rebel, but he has a heart of gold. He does well in school, but he's no valedictorian. He adores animals, which is one of the main reasons why he wanted to rent an apartment rather than stay in the university dormitories--he and his brother own two dogs and three cats. He seems to be genuinely harmless despite his rough exterior, though he will defend his beloved twin brother with his life.~

The Older Brother

Name: Edgar Flynn Royce
Dislikes: Loud people, disorder, entitled elderly and middle-aged people, pork, authority figures

~The elder, and more distant, of the Royce brothers. He's a certifiable genius with an IQ that's rumored to linger around 180. With this mental prowess comes a dark side--he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia and he refuses to take medication, claiming none of it works for him. He spends most of his time in his room or in the kitchen. Despite being insanely intelligent and already getting job offers from institutions like NASA, he wants nothing more than to become a world-class chef. He is reserved and cold--his twin brother is the only one who is truly close to him.~

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-12-2014, 12:54 PM

Name: Matthew Hugh
Likes: Coffee, Money, Tattoos, Piercings, Towering over people
Dislikes: Tall people, His youngest sister, Clingy people

Name: Yuuichi Hugh
Likes: Helping people out, Music, Flipping his finger at people who piss him off, Sports Drinks, The occult
Dislikes: Chocolates, Roses, Allergic reaction to dust, Anything with coffee

Last edited by harakun; 10-12-2014 at 01:13 PM..

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-12-2014, 12:58 PM

No, seriously, we really need a new place.

Matthew Hugh sighed for the umpteenth time that day. It was only morning, and they were only a few weeks from when classes would start, but they were already having problems. Him, especially, since he was the one doing most of the signing and whatnot for legalities sake. “I know. Stop reminding me, damn it,” he grumbled under his breath as he brought up his hand to rake his fingers through his black hair. His green eyes scanned the empty campus grounds, and then he looked over his shoulders at the buildings across the street. The problem with this University was that they didn’t have dormitories. What school, really, didn’t have dormitories, anyway?!

I know we need to find a cheaper place and fast. Do you care for sharing? With other people?” The long pause in the other line made him purse his lips. When his half-brother did this, Yuuichi meant that he didn’t want it or if he was considering it, he was leaning more onto the negative side of the answer. “Look. If you can’t do it, then that’s your problem. Help me out here search-

You know I can’t. I’m on my shift.

Being a nurse really doesn’t fit you at all.” Matthew made a face, “I mean. You’re short. You can barely carry patients that are bigger than you. Why bother?

Shut up.

The sides of his lips curled up in amusement despite him feeling irritated not too long ago. “Can’t. I got a mouth,” was his only retort before he’d moved his gaze again back to the campus. He stopped, however, when he’d seen a bulletin board not too far from the gates. That ought to be useful. Did the campus put that up for people who were looking for dormitories? With that thought in mind, he trudged on past the gates, uttered a short, “Go back to work, smarty pants,” and then looked about the papers posted on the board.

While he was walking, he noticed someone posting something, clipping something, and it had him curious. Matthew peered over the man’s shoulder, and he tilted his head a bit to get a better and clearer view of the paper. “Got space?” he asked with his brows raised, “I’m looking for one that’ll take in two people. Do you allow a viewing of the place?

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-12-2014, 01:19 PM

The man posting up the notice wasn't expecting to be suddenly spoken to--he stiffened, startled, and turned slightly to face the one addressing him. A couple of girls lingering behind the speaker oohed and ahhed, but quickly scuttled away when the other man's gaze briefly drifted to them.

It was no secret why they reacted the way they did. He was just barely under six feet tall, with pale skin and long midnight black hair, which drifted down toward the ends of his shoulder blades. Those clear blue eyes of his resembled two frigid chips of ice. This man was covered in stark black tattoos, winding around his arms (which were very much visible thanks to the tight tank top he sported) and even snaking up parts of his neck. He had several piercings, as well--snakebites in his lower lip, a single black stud in his nose, two eyebrow piercings on the left eyebrow, a tiny black stud in his bellybutton (which was halfway visible thanks to his tight shirt), and eleven ear piercings--five in the right ear and six in the left ear. A unique yin and yang necklace was also wound around his neck.

He stood out among the rest of the neatly-dressed student body. He definitely looked like the rebellious type--just a devilishly handsome rogue. He flashed a charming white smile at the other male and offered his right hand. A flashy silver ring with a dragon's visage on top (it had two tiny red rubies as eyes) encircled his index finger.

"Hey, there." Dangerous looks aside, he certainly sounded friendly. In fact, he sounded perfectly pleasant. His personality didn't seem to match his outward appearance. "I'm Bran. Yeah, my brother and I rented a high-end apartment a few miles away. We have enough money to pay for a few months of rent, but we're looking for a couple more tenants to help ease the burden."

He didn't exactly want to let on that his family was loaded...but the fact that these two young men rented such a high-end apartment just to attend a university hinted at that much.

"If you want to, you can drop by tonight." Bran shoved his hands into his pockets, eyeing the other male up. "I just hope you don't mind animals, and I really hope you don't have any allergies. We've got a couple of dogs and three cats. Oh, and I also have a bearded dragon, a tarantula, and a Green Tree Python." Both brothers adored animals, but Bran in particular was infatuated with them. One of the dogs and two of the cats belonged to him.

"How about you drop by for dinner? Six o' clock sound fine to you? My brother's an excellent chef." Bran rummaged around in his messenger bag for a moment and eventually retrieved a notebook and a pen. He tore a single piece of paper out of it and began scribbling something down. "Just let me know right now if you have any food allergies. We don't wanna accidentally kill you." He finished his scribbling and held out the piece of paper. It was an address, as well as vague directions from the campus to the apartment high rise.

Judging by the address...this was a pretty pricey setup these brothers had. It was no wonder that they were looking for roommates--rent for that place, with them having so many animals, was probably sky high.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-12-2014, 01:37 PM

If the girls behind them oohed and ahhed, he, on the other hand, looked at the other with an obvious surprise on his face. He did tower over him, which he liked, since he stood at about the height of five-foot-eleven - close to six - but it were those tattoos of his and his piercings that got to him. He had the sudden urge to touch them, to ask about them, and even go as far as to tugging those piercings of his while he asked if it'd hurt. He knew he had weird kinks, and they just got weirder when he stepped into University about three to four years ago.

"Matthew," he replied with a smile, showing off his slightly yellow teeth, as he took the other's right hand for a hand shake. He smoked. That was pretty much why his teeth weren't as white as Bran's or his brother's. At the other mentioning a 'high-end apartment', he found himself pursing his lips a little. He wasn't looking for a high-end apartment. He was looking for a cheap place. Then again, in the Upper side of town, that was going to be hard. And, it'll probably only get much more expensive the closer it was to school.

"Oh, no. I'm sure my brother and I wouldn't mind. We like animals."

Technically, he wasn't lying. He didn't say they 'loved' animals; he said they 'liked' them, which meant that they're fine with animals, but don't really care so much for them. The other didn't need to know that, though. "But wow, that's a lot of animals." The male chuckled as he nodded at the invitation. That sounded good. Dinner was perfect. His brother's shift didn't end until five, and to think, too, that today was a Saturday - a weekend. "Six o'clock is good. I'll tag my brother along once his shift ends."

Taking the piece of paper and looking down to read along the scribble, he found himself raising his eyebrows a tad. "Oh, by the way, could I ask for your number, too? Just in case I'd forget what else Yuuichi's allergic to. I'm no good with clam, though, or seafood in general. But, I can eat in small amounts."

Folding the said paper and tucking it into the back pocket of his pants, he held out his phone, which he'd been holding in his other hand, after he'd unlocked it and put up the dial screen. "Of course, if you don't mind, that is.""

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 AM

"Nice to meet you, Matthew." For how rough he looked, he also spoke in a surprisingly articulate fashion. There were hints of an accent crammed in his voice...perhaps a Southern accent that was dwindling the more he spent in the Northern United States. He also gripped the other man's hand in a tight handshake. He was either totally oblivious the draw his tattoos and piercings had on the other male, or he didn't care that he had such an effect on him. Bran was known among the female population here for being a little oblivious to attraction and subtle flirtation, making him a breaker of many hearts.

If one didn't literally flaunt it in his face or state their intentions loudly and clearly, he simply didn't take notice. He disappointed a lot of girls this way--they tended to be more subtle than men in their flirtatious endeavors.

"Oh, that's good." Bran seemed genuinely relived that Matthew and his brother liked animals. The arrangement surely wouldn't work out if it were any other way. As soon as the other declared that six o' clock was a good time, the dark-haired male whipped out his phone, rapidly tapping the keys. "I'll let my brother know, then. He'll whip something up that doesn't include seafood. He knows better than that--I despise seafood." His nose wrinkled up at the very thought of the stuff. He just couldn't handle the smell!

He blinked when the other asked for his phone number, but he didn't seem too bothered by the idea. He just scribbled it down on yet another scrap of paper and held it out. "Ta-dah! Here you go. Just try not to send me any accidental nudes." He grinned widely and unceremoniously shoved the notebook and pen back into his messenger back. "I've gotta run. Gotta take the dogs on a nice, long walk. If I don't, they'll be way too wired tonight. And, uh...if you see any of the cats tonight, don't approach them too quickly. They're nervous around strangers."

His dog wasn't going to be a problem. He was an independent canine and didn't care much about guests, as long as they kept their distance. He would eventually have to get used to the presence of the two strange men if the offer was accepted, of course. His brother's dog, on the other hand, was too hyperactive for his own good. He was the friendliest, dopiest, most adorable thing in the entire world. Even after being thoroughly exercised, he would still be all over their guests. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing--he was the sweetest thing in the world--but it could get annoying.

The cats were all pretty independent, as most cats were. The two males most likely wouldn't even see the cats during their visit, but if they took the brothers up on their offer, they'd eventually spot the three felines at some point or another.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 02:48 AM

Matthew chuckled. "Perfect. We'll get along then," he said with a nod, "If we ever do get the place." He hoped, though, that they would. This guy seemed to be pretty lax, and lenient if anything. If the brothers wouldn't mind a little lag on their part regarding payments, then they would definitely catch this hook by hand and by mouth. He stopped, though, at the other mentioning something about accidental nudes. Blinking for a moment as he took the paper, the male clicked his tongue. "Don't worry. I'll send links to nude pictures I think you'd like."

He was joking. Of course. But, with his rather stern look, people often thought he was being serious most of the time.

Tapping the other's number into his phone and saving it, he tucked the said piece of paper into his back pocket. "Oh, noted on that. I'll see you and your brother tonight then.Thanks again, Bran, and it's real nice to meet you." As if that wasn't enough, he looked back up at him and smiled. "I like your tattoos and piercings. Fits you." Waving his hand which had his phone in it, the male made his way back out of the grounds and headed for his brother's work place. There was still two hours 'til his shift ended, but it wouldn't hurt to make small conversation while he was working in the Emergency Room.

Coffee breaks may be short for nurses, but they, at least, allowed family in. And, that was how Yuuichi, his half-brother, learned of the place that Matthew found. In fact, when he found out that the place was in a high-end place, he whistled and teased his brother about the man he'd just met. And, it got him curious.

"So... are we taking the place because of this guy or because it's high-end?"

Yuuichi brushed his hair off his face as he grinned up at his sibling. Matthew sighed. Again. "Because it's close to school and to your work place. Didn't you say you didn't want to travel too long? Plus, around these places, it could get traffic late in the night or early in the morning." The Asian male chuckled as he nudged his brother's side with his elbow. "I'm thankful you're considering me, but you should consider hitting on this guy if you're interested in him." The older of the two adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose and reached out to ruffle his younger brother's hair - an antic that Yuuichi hated.

"I don't think a kid who's been single for twenty-two years ought to tell me that."
"Shut up. I just haven't found the right one yet."

Matthew smiled and he moved his arm to wrap around Yuuichi's shoulders. Squeezing him against his side, he leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Want to consider making a relationship with your older brother?" Yuuichi pushed the other's face away from his own. "One, that's gross. And two, are you really interested in me that's why you watch me when I come out of the bathroom with just a towel on?"

There was a thoughtful look that crossed Matthew's face. It was like he was deliberating on those points Yuuichi mentioned. "Quite a nice sight, actually." Unlike him who worked out with curl-ups and push-ups, all Yuuchi did in the gym was jog, sprint, or run on the treadmill. So, that was no surprise that Yuuichi's body shape was leaner than Matthew's.

"Oh, hey. We're here." Yuuichi literally peeled himself away from his brother to jog towards the front door of the big-ass place. He looked up and whistled again before he'd pressed the doorbell to announce their presence.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 AM

The Royce brothers were loaded. It was common knowledge around campus. But, of course, Bran conveniently neglected to reveal his last name to Matthew. He hated being known simply as a rich kid. Half of the girls that flocked to him only lingered around because he had money to his name. It was why he preferred to date people who lived outside of town. The well-to-do reputation of the Royce brothers wasn't well-known outside of this town. They could probably weasel enough money out of their father to afford the apartment on their own, but probably wasn't a definite term.

If they didn't cough up the money, they would be out on the street. Probably just wasn't going to cut it.

Bran did flash the other a charming smile when he commented on his myriad of various tattoos and piercings. He had a special place in his heart for both tattoos and piercings--in fact, he often tattooed and pierced people for a fee. Some of the university students deliberately sought him out instead of going to a tattoo parlor. He was rumored to be quite skilled, and he didn't charge people an arm and a leg for the work.

Just a few seconds after Matthew turned and started walking away, Bran had his Samsung Galaxy up to his ear. "...Hey, Ed." He paced back and forth, looking excited. Neither of them had been expecting to get a genuine offer so quickly. "I got something. This guy and his brother need a place. They're willing to help with the rent." The person on the other line must have had a quiet voice, because even at a close distance the words he spoke couldn't be made out. "Yeah, they're good with animals. They'll be dropping by at six for dinner. Can you whip up something that doesn't include seafood?" Another pause. "...Nope, not my request this time. This guy doesn't like seafood."

He practically strutted out to the parking lot as he continued his conversation, but hung up just before leaving the campus...on his prized Harley.

~~~

Bran hadn't been kidding when he claimed he and his brother rented a high-end apartment. It was situated in a sprawling complex of modern penthouse apartments, and it was also on the fifth floor. Barely a second after the knock at the door, the barking of dogs erupted on the other side, rapidly drawing closer. One voice was loud and low. The other was softer and more high-pitched. Three seconds after the barking began, a familiar voice interrupted it. "Oi! Come on, boys! Get back!" The door opened just a moment later, and Bran stuck his head through the crack. "Come on in. I've got them."

'They' were two very different dogs, and Bran had them both by their collars. One was a tall, muscular, fearsome-looking Doberman Pinscher. The other was a stout, chubby, cheerful-looking Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Both sniffed curiously at the visitors, but Bran held them back just in case things went sour. The inside of the apartment was spacious and modern--the front door opened into the combined living room and kitchen.

The kitchen sat at the far left end of the room, and it was also fairly large, and covered in shiny black tile. Standing in front of the oven, stirring a lovely-smelling pot vigorously, was the other half of the infamous Royce Brothers. He was the exact same height, skin tone, eye color, and build as Bran, but he had strawberry blonde hair tied in a messy ponytail. He also sported glasses. He looked undeniably plain compared to his inked and pierced brother. Strangely enough, he didn't even acknowledge the two visitors at the door--he just kept on cooking.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 04:27 AM

The barking of dogs had Yuuichi quickly moving behind his brother. He may be fine with dogs, but that didn't mean he wasn't scared of them. Peering over the side of his brother's arm when the door opened, his eyes widened just a tad and his brows shot up. No wonder Matthew found the guy interesting. Those piercings and tattoos he had, they were beautiful; and, it didn't help, too, that Yuuichi knew about Matthew's interest in these things. Problem was, he'd prefer it on someone else than on himself. Idly, he wondered. Was it because if he had them on himself, he'd end up staring back at the image he'd see in the mirror?

The thought made Yuuichi's lips curl up, smiling in amusement.

Matthew, on the other hand, didn't mind Yuuichi hiding behind him. Ever since they were kids, he always took the brunt of whatever was coming after his younger brother. "Thanks," he told Bran, "Ah, before I forget. Bran, this is Yuuichi. He's an incoming fourth year student taking up nursing." Yuuichi raised his hand a bit and smiled. As he showed his pearly whites, he finally stepped out. The difference in their bodies were obvious, and so were their style. Like the other pair of brothers, Matthew's had the more semi-formal feel while Yuuichi's had the casual feel. Even the colors they wore were strikingly different. Matthew's was plain, Yuuichi's was colorful. Well, bordering on colorful anyway if wearing colored pants was part of that.

"Thanks for inviting us," the younger of the two chimed in with a cheerful grin. When his eyes moved from brother to brother, he found himself undeniably drawn to the older one - the one cooking. He had a strange aura about him that had his features turning from cheerful to one of the more inquisitive look.

"And, that smells delicious."

The Royce Brothers were well-known in the campus, yes, but neither brothers knew them. One was too busy with work and his studies, and the other, well, with coffee. Matthew loved coffee, and he'd go on a frenzy, brewing and tasting every kind of coffee beans he could.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 04:46 AM

"Hi there." With a charming smile and a friendly wave, Bran stepped back a bit, finally releasing his hold on the dogs. The Doberman padded off in the direction of the couch, now uninterested in the visitors after the all-important first sniff. The tiny Welsh Corgi rocketed forward instantly, sniffing at the legs of these new and exciting visitors and making snorting sounds as he did so. The tiny silver tag on his red collar revealed that his name was Bacon. "If he's too much for you, I can put him in his travel crate for a while," Bran offered genially. Bacon was his brother's dog. He didn't understand why his brother adored this dog so much--he was very irritating. He never stopped moving around, not even during the nighttime. He twitched and wiggled around even in his sleep!

"You will not be locking him away simply because we have company."

The foreign voice came from the rather plain-looking blonde in the kitchen. Bran blinked a couple of times, and then something suddenly seemed to occur to him. "...Oh, yeah!" He motioned to the blonde, still friendly as ever. "This is my brother. Edgar." Edgar glanced briefly over his shoulder at their company, eyes half-lidded. He didn't seem very interested in them, and he only gave a simple nod before returning to his cooking.

Even if these visitors didn't recognize Bran or really know who the Royce brothers were, the name Edgar ought to ring at least a small bell. Edgar was the darling of the university. He was well-known for being a genius, and very well-known for participating in, and winning, various academic competitions across the country. Why, just last week a couple of scouts from Harvard visited the campus just to talk to him!

"Ehm...come in, come in!" While he was frustrated with Edgar for being so distant, he couldn't claim that he didn't expect that to happen. Edgar was not the friendliest of people. His appearance mistakenly tricked people into thinking he was the nicer of the twin brothers. That couldn't have been farther from the truth. "You guys can sit down here." The glass dining table, which sat just next to the living room area, seated about eight people. "He'll be done pretty soon."

At this, Edgar finally turned around again, still stirring the pot. "I made egg drop soup and a Mexican-style casserole. No seafood. They're both nearly done." His voice seemed oddly flat. He spoke quietly. Calmly. Yes, this brother certainly differed from Bran. "I hope that's all right." Everything about these brothers seemed to be mixed up. Bran looked threatening, but seemed harmless. Edgar looked harmless, but...there was a strange aura that surrounded him.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 05:10 AM

Yuuichi clung onto the sleeve of Matthew's shirt when the tiny Welsh Corgi dashed forward to sniff at their legs. His nose tickled, but he was also afraid the little thing was going to get too excited and might end up biting them. He didn't mind helping people out even in the Emergency Room, but he was wary of ending up there all because he'd be bitten by a dog. "Oh no, that's-" Cut off by an unfamiliar voice, Yuuichi looked up again at the blond that was currently still in the kitchen. When he saw him glancing briefly at them with a half-lidded gaze, the jolt he felt at the base of his stomach only made him purse his lips a little more. There was certainly something off with the strawberry blond-haired man.

And, Matthew only noticed the look Yuuichi was giving the man when he'd looked down at him. "Pleasure," he spoke for both his brother and him before he tore his gaze from the other to smile again at Edgar. Yes, indeed. He's heard his name go around the University. He's also heard the news spread about like wild fire about the other colleges scouting for him. But, he made no mention of it. It wasn't like he could bring it up for the sake of small talk. Edgar didn't seem like the type to want to talk.

At the invite to come in, Matthew came in first as Yuuichi bent down to scratch the underside of the dog's chin. He bound into the house with him as he jogged to catch up to his brother, chuckling a little as the little Corgi tried to bounce up as much as he could. Once he did flop down the couch, Yuuichi ended up playing with the dog despite his little bit of wariness and hesitation not too long ago. He'd also realized just how big the place was, and how neat it looked. Even Matthew was finding it hard to believe that it would be hard for him to lose anything. Everything seemed to have a match and was symmetrical. Matthew joined his brother on the couch and looked up to Edgar when he spoke again.

"Ah, thanks. That sounds delicious." Smiling, the male rubbed his hands on his pant legs. "And, it's more than all right. We're lucky Yuuichi's not allergic to anything."

"But I still brought medicine just in case we find something else you're allergic to, Matt." Looking up to glance at Matthew while he bent down to rub the Corgi's belly, he grinned and then turned to look back up at Bran. "And, just in case either of you are allergic to anything." Being a nurse had its advantages, and this was one of them.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 05:31 AM

"Sorry if he's annoying you, or anything like that." Bran kept a careful eye on the excited Welsh Corgi. "Bacon loves people. He wouldn't hurt a fly, so you don't have to worry about him taking a chunk out of you. I would avoid Chaos for now, though." He jerked his thumb at the snoozing Doberman on the far end of the couch. "He's wary of strangers. He might get startled easily." It was amusing, really. This roly-poly ball of fluffy joy was braver and less wary than a big and bad Doberman. But that was understandable, given Chaos' past as a former fighting dog. Bran rehabilitated him, but he was still uneasy around people. He was surprisingly good with other dogs, though.

From a distance, it didn't appear that Edgar noticed the strange look being fixed on him. But he most certainly did. Unlike his lackadaisical twin, Edgar was sharply intelligent. He never did miss very much. He allowed his gaze to linger for just a bit longer on the younger visitor before he turned back to his food. He stirred the soup with one hand and carefully popped open the oven with the other. Bran immediately rushed forward to help, slipping on some oven mitts and removing the finished casserole despite the irritated look on his brother's face. Edgar never did appreciate anyone interfering with his work in the kitchen, but Bran feared he might drop the heavy casserole if he tried to cart it around with only one hand.

Bran carried the casserole to the table, where he carefully set it down in the middle. Moments later, Edgar returned with the heavy pot of soup, setting it down a few inches away from the casserole. Edgar bustled back into the kitchen, retrieving a ladel, four spoons, four forks, four knives, four bowls, and four plates for all of them. He set the table easily and with obvious grace. He had to have some experience working in restaurants. After that, Edgar once again retreated to the kitchen, rummaging through the refrigerator. "We have water, wine, cola, and fruit juice," he announced, peering over the refrigerator door. "What would you like?"

"Cola's fine for me." Bran immediately took his seat at the table, looking quite ready to dig in...but he politely waited for their guests to sit down and begin eating first. "You know I don't drink." "Mm." Edgar began pouring Bran a glass of cola. "More for me, then." The tiny Corgi slipped underneath the table, whining and begging for scraps of food. Edgar snapped his fingers loudly, and the startled Corgi shot out from underneath the table, trudging dejectedly to the couch instead.

"Aww." Bran frowned. "You could at least let him have a few bites." Edgar made a tutting sound, arching a blonde eyebrow. "No human food for the dogs. Besides, I'll be making dinner for them later on anyway." ...Making dinner? He cooked food for the dogs? Did he do the same thing for the cats?

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 06:18 AM

Yuuichi chuckled. "No problem. Bacon's not annoying," he said as he glanced up and then back down at the dog who was currently enjoying his belly rub. The way he was waving his leg in the air, his tail wagging and slapping against the floor, while his head tilted back and tongue peeking out from the side of his mouth was an awfully amusing sight. When Bran started talking about Chaos, the younger of the two turned to look at the Doberman. No, indeed. He didn't look friendly, and he doubted he was going to be. "And, I will take your word for it." Matthew only smiled at the two conversing before he'd turned to look back up at Edgar. Why was his brother so interested in him? Was something off with Edgar?

"Ah, I'll have wine, if that's all right. Yuuichi should have water." He gave Yuuichi a look that had him zipping his mouth shut. "He's still on-call, and I'd prefer he isn't drunk while he's working." After all, it was crucial for Yuuichi to always be ready, and Matthew made sure he didn't waver off that road. He was here to make sure of that.

Yuuichi, though dejected like the Welsh Corgi, perked up the instant he'd heard Edgar's last words. He was going to make dinner for the dogs? "What do you feed them?" he asked as he got up and out of his seat to approach the older man, "And, I'll have water, as Matt said I should have." The closer he got, the stronger the aura hit him. Sure, he liked the occult, but he was still a little wary of it especially when he felt the strong presence of a demon. He felt a lot of those in the hospital since, well, lots of people die there. "Should I just take your pitcher of water?"

Matthew, too, followed suit. But instead of heading to the kitchen, he sat across Bran and leaned back in his seat. "Shall we talk about the financial specifics after we eat?" the man asked with a smile, "I'm more than positive Yuu likes it here." He's somehow gotten himself attached - attracted, even - to Bran's older brother.

Whatever it was Edgar had in him, it wasn't normal.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 07:00 AM

"If you do end up staying with us, you'll figure it out sooner or later. That dog is as annoying as they come. But he's adorable, so that kind of makes up for it." Bran had less tolerance and patience for Bacon's antics than his brother did, but even he had to admit defeat whenever Bacon turned those adorably sad puppy dog eyes on him. He could do no wrong in Edgar's eyes, and he could get away with quite a lot under Bran's watch as well. Chaos caused little to no trouble in the house. He was pretty lazy for a big dog and spent most of his day snoozing on the couch.

Edgar fished around in the refrigerator and tugged out a pitcher of water. He was just about to pour some into a glass when Yuuichi approached him. Politely, he backed off, instead heading for the wine rack on the other side of the kitchen. "I feed them a mix of top-grade grass-fed sirloin and ground chicken, raised in a humane manner." Those sure were costly ingredients for simple dog food. Edgar spent a few moments choosing a proper wine for his meal. He picked up three different bottles before finally settling on one. "Go ahead and take the pitcher. I just have to fetch wine glasses..."

While Edgar searched for his wine glasses, Bran flashed a pleasant smile at Matthew when the other male sat down across from him. "We can talk while we eat or after we eat--I don't mind. I guess we should exchange information about our schedules and whatnot. I have a motorcycle and Edgar has a car, a Prius. If our schedules match at any point in time, for work or for school, we could carpool. Save some bus and gas money. I work at the Hot Topic in the mall downtown. And Ed works at a Red Robin in the same general area. He's the head chef."

For someone that young, that was pretty impressive. Edgar didn't seem to be one to toot his own horn, though...he just kept his thoughts on the matter to himself as he quietly poured out two glasses of wine. One for himself and one for their guest. He brought the glasses back over to the table, along with the bottle, and offered one to Matthew. "Enjoy." With that, he sat down and began spooning himself some soup of the pot. "How could anyone not enjoy your cooking?" Bran retorted contently, taking out a square of the spicy-smelling casserole.

"So..." Bran glanced between their two guests. "I start classes at nine in the morning, and they end at five in the evening. Then it's straight off to work. I'm usually home around midnight." "My classes begin at six in the morning," Edgar added after a moment, adding a few different seasonings to his soup. "They end at six in the evening. I work through the night, and I am usually home by midnight. One in the morning at the latest."

...When did Edgar have any free time? At all? God, did he even sleep?!

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 AM

If they do end up staying with them, indeed. Yuuichi hummed in a thoughtful manner when he'd heard Edgar's reply. Their dogs were certainly well-trained and well-fed. No wonder they were healthy. Didn't they also have cats? Did he cook for them too? "Do you cook for your cats, too?" he asked, an obvious interest in his face as he took the pitcher of water after uttering a short and cheerful, "Okay!" when he got the okay about getting the pitcher of water for himself. Joining both his brother and Bran, he took the empty seat beside Matthew, and pulled up his own glass to pour himself a drink.

He'd just heard Bran's reply to Matthew's question in time, too.

And, that was no surprise there when he'd whistled at the man mentioning a Prius. Damn. These two were loaded, all right. "Sounds good," the male piped in and smiled, "Very useful, too, since you guys work around the area. I work at the hospital downtown." There was a hospital downtown and one that was a little further from the school. This being a prestigious institution that was well-known to take in bright kids and rich kids; they got in because they had the smarts. Both street-wise and intellectual-wise. "Miller General Hospital, to be specific. Yuu works in the Emergency Room so he can get crazy with his hours sometimes."

Hopefully, these two wouldn't mind Yuu crashing on the couch sometimes. Especially when he had to work late in the night. "And, that's amazing, Edgar." Matthew smiled brightly. "Red Robin's really known for their good food. Good to know I'll be able to taste the food cooked by a chef from there." He, on the other hand, worked at a small shop that regulars frequent because of his good coffee. After studying business, he hoped he could put up one; that, to him, would be his symbol of success.

"Matt's good with coffee. I'll bet you two could whip up the perfect breakfast." Chuckling softly, he took his glass of water to take a sip. When the brothers started talking about their schedules, he glanced at his brother who nodded his way, a silent sign for him to go ahead. "Mine's at ten. I've taken most of my majors, so I finish at three in the afternoon. After that, though, I'm open for a helping hand at the hospital so..." He grinned sheepishly. "I'm going to have to apologize if you see me sprawling about, asleep." Matthew only smiled at this and he helped himself with some of the soup and the casserole after the brothers got their share. Once he was sure his brother was done, he piped in with his own schedule. "Six to five, so I'll be hitching with both of you for the ride."

When his younger brother got a taste of the food, his features lit up. "This is really good!" He urged his older brother to take a taste, and Matthew only chuckled as he agreed. "For the financial matters... there'll be times we'll be late to pay. But, we'll pay in full. It's half the rent, right?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-13-2014, 12:30 PM

"Yes, I cook for our three cats as well. They get fresh salmon mixed with the same ground chicken the dogs are served." Edgar just loved to cook. He didn't want to bother wasting money on the best dog food on the market when he could make his own, much healthier version. Dogs and cats were both carnivores by nature. They craved meat and fish, and that was what Edgar supplied them with.

Speaking of the three cats...they were nowhere to be found. But they had plenty of nooks and crannies to hide away in. This apartment had one staircase, which looked like it was made of either glass or plastic with metal railing...but it snaked up two levels, which could clearly be seen through the transparent steps. This apartment had two levels. Two. Full. Levels.

"Ah, yes. I know of that hospital." Edgar spoke in-between bites, rather than speaking with his mouth full. That was simply uncouth. "Whenever a particularly mystifying case rears its ugly head, the infectious disease specialist contacts me and shares some details, sans any personal information about the patient. My advice is well sought after." He was an excellent problem solver. Conveniently, he was also interested in diseases, particularly those that stemmed from invasive parasites and incurable pathogens, and because of this he usually had little problem tossing out a few probable culprits.

"Yeah, yeah." Bran waved his hands in the air briefly before once again digging into his food. "We get the picture, Ed. You're a genius. You're so great and wonderful. Woo-hoo!" Edgar rolled his eyes, but a flash of amusement passed through them. These two sure had a strange relationship.

Bran instantly perked up at the mention of more food. As if stuffing his face with delicious food now wasn't enough for him! "He makes amazing waffles and eggs. I always request his bacon and cheese waffles. Those are tasty." Edgar hummed under his breath. "I'm partial to strawberry waffles." Both brothers listened intently when the other two males began speaking about their schedules. Neither of them would be able to ferry Yuuichi in for his classes and out for work, so he was unfortunately on his own (except for on weekends, of course). Bran grinned after Matthew spoke, rubbing one of his arms sheepishly. "I hope you don't mind motorcycles. Because I don't own a car. I have a gorgeous black Harley-Davidson."

When the matter of finances cropped up, Bran happily wolfed down his food. As he predicted, Edgar immediately dominated that part of the conversation. "It is a two-level apartment--full levels, no loft. Three bedrooms, but there is an empty office space on the top floor that can be converted into a bedroom--we even have a spare mattress." He was all business. "Only one bathroom, I'm afraid. Some of the amenities include a deck on the top level, a hot tub, and three spaces in the parking garage for cars (though we could request more). The rent is $3,200 a month." Which was extremely pricey for this area, as was to be expected. He blinked when Matthew claimed they might be a little late to pay, but he shook his head when the other continued on about paying half of the rent. "No, no, no. We only need our roommates to pay a third of the rent. Maybe a fourth. Whatever you can afford, we can work with. We have the rest covered." It was just that extra five to eight hundred dollars that they would be so desperately lacking at the end of the month.

Bran was so focused on his food that he wasn't really paying attention to this section of the conversation. But that was all right. Edgar was the brains of the operation, so to speak. He had this covered.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-14-2014, 01:27 AM

Wow,” was all Yuuichi could say. It’s not that he didn’t like seeing the man enjoy himself, but Edgar really did love to cook if he were also cooking for both the cats and the dogs. “They’re well pampered.” Matthew chuckled lightly. Perhaps, Yuuichi was reflecting on the way their parents took care of them, or perhaps he was envious. All Matthew did was reach out to pat his younger brother’s head before he slid his hand down to rub his back. Yuuichi, in reply to that, only stuck his tongue out at the other before he’d went to help himself with more of the soup and the casserole Edgar made.

Yuuichi had just shoved a spoonful of casserole into his mouth when Edgar said he knew of the hospital. The male only grinned and nodded, showing that he was listening. But, when the strawberry blond-haired man spoke of his experience in consulting with the unknown viruses and diseases, awe was written again all over the younger man’s face. When he’d swallowed his food, he raised his eyebrows a bit, “Do you know Doctor Red, then? He’s the head doctor of our team, of general surgery. I hear he’s handling those kinds of cases, too.” He was supposed to say more, but he held himself back when Bran started to tease his brother – in a strange way – and then praise him right after.

Was this supposed to be a normal occurrence?

We look forward to this once we do move in,” Matthew chimed in all too cheerfully as he smiled, “I’ll work hard to make my coffee sustain its perfect blend.” Yuuichi only clicked his tongue here and he snickered. Matthew makes the best coffee there is. He’s really just too humble with the actual skills he has that are pretty much close to perfection. Ignoring his younger brother as he nodded at Bran’s words, he shook his head and smiled again. “Not at all. I’m more than thankful to be getting a free ride to and from school.” Although, he was pretty sure he’d be holding on tight when that time comes.

At Edgar finally replying to their financial question at hand, Matthew turned to look at Yuuichi who only gave him a bright grin. They’ve found the perfect place if all they needed to cash out all-in was $3,200 a month. They’d thought they’d need to hand in at least $6,000 plus living in this kind of neighborhood. “This is perfect. But, we insist, though, that we help, at least, with the groceries. I can assure you we’re not too fussy with electricity and water.” And, this was true. In fact, the brothers can go without heater, with just a fan, and even without a bed. Yuuichi could even take the showers at the hospital, wash his clothes there, and even go so far as to sleeping over. Matthew, on the other hand, tended to sleep short, and spend most of his time studying – studying coffee, of course. That was how they’ve pretty much lived their past years at their current place.

So… when can we move in?” Yuuichi asked, showing off his pearly whites, yet again.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-14-2014, 08:23 AM

"Oh, they're spoiled rotten, all right." Bran grinned at the two dogs now snoozing comfortably on the couch. The plump Welsh Corgi slumbered on his back with all four paws in the air. "Spoiled rotten by Edgar, that is." "You spoil them, as well." Edgar arched a single eyebrow. "With long hours in the...d-o-g p-a-r-k." He spelled the words 'dog park' out loud, simply because he knew for a fact that the two dogs would recognize them. They were already at the dog park today, and Edgar didn't want to give them false hope. That was just plain cruel.

Edgar's eyebrows furrowed together when Yuuichi mentioned a Doctor Red. He said nothing for a moment, chewing his mouthful of casserole thoughtfully. When he finally swallowed, he gave the other male a sage nod. "The name sounds vaguely familiar. I'm unsure if I've actually corresponded with him, though. Perhaps once or twice." He twitched all of a sudden and glanced up toward the ceiling, eyes darting from one of the red hanging lamps to the other, and then back again.

"...Oh, that's right." ...It was almost as if he was speaking to someone. Someone they couldn't see. "I did handle a case for him a couple of months ago. Some obscure case that he and his team could not solve. I tossed out the diagnosis of Angiostrongyliasis, caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis. Or, in layman's terms...the rare rat lungworm." He shrugged absently. "A tip for you--if you ever visit Hawaii, do not consume produce that has not been thoroughly washed." Edgar was fascinated by parasites and the parasitic infections they imposed on human beings. Whenever the local hospitals suspected they might have a victim of a parasite under their care, they usually gave Edgar a ring to ask for his opinion.

Bran only smiled when Matthew went on to promise he would make amazing coffee for them. He was very picky with coffee products...simply because he couldn't stand the taste of coffee. If he were to drink a coffee product, it had to taste like something else. Edgar, on the other hand, enjoyed coffee of all kinds. The more caffeine it had, the better it was. "Good. I'm a safe biker, so nothing should go wrong. You just have to wear a helmet at all times. No exceptions." The law here didn't prohibit motorcyclists from biking without a helmet, but Bran wouldn't allow anyone to ride along with him if they weren't wearing one.

The $3,200 a month only included the cost of rent. The cost of the utilities, like electricity and water, weren't included in that, and the Royce brothers didn't bother bringing it up. They had no problem taking care of that themselves. They also haggled the original rent price down a thousand dollars from the get-go. It cost quite a bit to get groceries, as well. If they hadn't initially haggled to get the price lower, their rent would be well around $5,500 a month. Add the utilities, the hefty grocery bills--Edgar would only purchase the highest-quality food--and the steady stream of video games that Edgar insisted on buying, and their cost of living per month would be about $6,000. Maybe a little more. Thankfully, it was a little less than that thanks to Edgar's great haggling skills!

"Edgar likes to shop for groceries," Bran piped up immediately. "You could help him out. We don't know what you guys like yet." The two brothers gave each other a knowing look before they both offered a hand, intending to shake both of the hands of their new roommates. "Any time. We can even help you cart your stuff here. Edgar's pretty busy with schoolwork, so he might not be free...but more than likely, I'll be free." There was never a moment where Edgar stopped. He was always doing something, whether it was school-related or recreational. "We will have two extra keys made by tomorrow morning," Edgar promised, nodding once.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM

The bickering between the brothers made both Matthew and Yuuichi smile. Yuuichi, though, chuckled and then choked on his food, to which Matthew only replied with a pat on his back. He was amused. He was certainly very entertained by both the brothers and his own brother. "Food, and their favorite place." From the way Edgar spelled out the words 'dog park', he assumed that it'd get the dogs excited, so he decided not to use the word 'park' nor 'walk'. Dogs, after all, could be very perceptive to words they were familiar with. "They are loved."

The male retrieved his hand when Yuuichi nodded his head in thanks his way. "Hmm," was the reply he'd given Edgar to what he'd just answered about his question about Doctor Red. He wouldn't want to be rude. After all, they were still their hosts, and later on, their landlords. He was just about to take another spoonful of the casserole when he'd stopped at the blond looking up at the ceiling like something - or someone - was there. Yet again, there it was. The gut feeling he felt was far stronger than a while ago, and his curiosity was only growing.

"So... that was you!" the boy exclaimed as he grinned brightly. Realizing his exclamation was a little too loud, he apologized with a sheepish smile towards his brother and Bran before he nodded. "Doctor Red's given nothing but praises for you. In fact, your name goes around often in the research room. I'm surprised I didn't realize it was you when I met you." The male chuckled again. "Glad to finally put a first name and a face to Mr. Royce, the consultant."

Matthew, while Yuuichi was spouting things off that wasn't of relation to him, only continued to eat, quite enjoying the food Edgar had prepared for them. He helped himself with a second serving when Bran made mention about being a safe biker and something about helping Edgar with groceries. The older of the two smiled and replied with a short and firm, "Understood."

The outstretched hands that followed after made Matthew chuckle. He took Edgar's in his own and gave it a firm shake. Yuuichi, on the other hand, took Bran's with a grin. "I'll leave the food to my brother. And, I should get your numbers just in case I won't be able to come home for dinner." Which pretty much happens almost every single day. If the dark circles under his eyes weren't telling them that, then, perhaps, the way his shoulders often sagged from the exhaustion could. "Then, we will move in tomorrow morning. I should be able to give you the first two months of rent, too."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-14-2014, 11:55 PM

Edgar had this constantly dreamy, out of it expression his face, though his lips were set in a firm line. It was like he wasn't really there, even though he was actually paying close attention to everything that happened around him. The longer these two new roommates of theirs stayed in this apartment, the more they'd surely notice about his odd behavior. At some point, Bran was going to have to sit down with them and talk about his brother's history of mental illness. He sometimes had breakdowns that could result in violent or unpredictable behavior, but if the early symptoms were recognized, the gale could be calmed before it sparked into a storm.

"He praises me, hmm?" A brief, but genuine little smile curled Edgar's thin lips. "I suppose that's only natural. I like to help out with difficult cases, particularly those that involve parasitic infections. I'm fascinated by parasites, you see."

Judging by the way Yuuichi so calmly addressed him by his surname, both of the Royce brothers could tell that in this instance, their family's reputation did not precede them. The Royce family was a wealthy family. Most of them lived in the Southwestern United States, mostly in the states of Arizona and Nevada. This university was located farther east, much farther east...so it wasn't surprising that these two didn't recognize the surname.

"Oh, your brother has my number already--you can get it from him," Bran chirped contently. "I'll need yours, though." Edgar fished around in his pocket for a moment before unearthing his white iPhone. He fiddled with it for a moment and then held it out, his number displayed on the screen. "Here you are. This is my number. And, I will need both of your numbers." Both brothers had expensive smartphones. Their phone bill must have been exorbitant.

Edgar, who seemed to be taking care of most things on the business end, nodded simply when Matthew declared that they would move in tomorrow morning. Bran, on the other hand, seemed elated.

"That's fine with me. It's the weekend tomorrow, so I have no classes. Edgar has a class early on in the morning...so it'll probably just be me helping you out. I'll help you move your stuff in, then. I'll clear out that extra bedroom upstairs--it's cluttered with office supplies right now." He spoke between heaping bites of food. He ate quickly and animatedly, obviously enjoying his food. It was a stark contrast with his brother, who ate slowly and politely while taking small bites.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 AM

Whenever this point of time would be, it has to be soon because Yuuichi seemed to be catching on to something and was intent on getting answers. Quick. “That he does,” he replied with a nod after slurping a couple of spoonfuls of Edgar’s soup. It was really delicious, and the Asian male would’ve had asked if they could take some home if it weren’t for the knowing look Matthew gave him. “Everybody, I’m sure, has something they like doing.” And, for him, that was coffee. The various beans available, and the way the taste changes when they’re blended, stirred, and put in different temperatures-

The nudge to his side snapped him out of his thoughts. Yuuichi had that tendency to catch him when he was daydreaming, and he grinned at him before he returned to his soup, and then helped himself to another serving of casserole. Matthew, on the other hand, finished his own meal, and leaned back, instead, enjoying his wine of glass. Royce. The brothers’ family names did not miss his attention, no. In fact, it had him humming thoughtfully. They were going to be living with a family that’s loaded, and ones who could definitely afford such a place. It was no wonder they had so much pets. Taking care of this many certainly could be a handful – financially and emotionally.

All right,” came Yuuichi’s reply as he pulled out his phone and handed it to Matthew. Unlike the brothers, he had a phone whose only abilities were to call and to text. He didn’t need a fancy phone, anyway. But, Matthew, on the other hand, had a high-end phone, an iPhone. He needed the mobile data, so he got himself a plan with a telecommunication company. Plucking the phone from his brother’s hold so he could return to his food, he keyed in Edgar’s number before saving it. He did the same with his own phone, and put Bran’s number in Yuuichi’s phone. “By the way, who do I contact if I’m not able to make it for dinner?” The boy looked up after gulping down a glass full of water. He was halfway to pouring himself another glass when he’d heard Bran’s reply about helping them to move their stuff in. Here, he put the pitcher down to look at his brother.

Matthew smiled. “That would be helpful, thank you,” he started, “We do not have much, so there is really no need for you to go to such lengths. I can help out clear and clean the bedroom upstairs.” Yuuichi turned to look back at the brothers as he nodded. “What he said. Sadly, I’ve got work even during the weekends so…” he trailed off as he frowned a bit.

It’s fine, Yuu. I can take care of it as long as you pack up tonight.” Yuuichi only stuck his tongue out, showing his obvious reluctance in staying up late to do such a chore.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-15-2014, 02:59 AM

"You should contact me." Edgar seemed absolutely confident about that. "I will set aside a portion of our dinner for you, label it with your name, and store it in the refrigerator." He loved to cook, after all. Cooking for four people rather than only two was going to take some getting used to. He had to readjust his lists of ingredients and everything to make it perfect. "And speaking of dinner...I will text everyone to forewarn them of what I will be making. If it doesn't tickle your fancy, I can whip up something else for you."

Having someone like Edgar around the house, who was almost obsessively clean and loved to slave away over a hot stove all day, was probably a blessing for someone as absentminded as Bran. Yep. His elder brother was like the an utterly perfect housewife.

"I'll wait for you in the morning, then," Bran hummed, clearly addressing Matthew. "It'll take a while with just two of us, but we can get the job done. I'll have to lock Bacon in his travel crate, though. If I don't, he'll try to bolt out the door like the chubby dummy he is." He didn't have to worry about his lax Chaos doing the same thing. Weren't Dobermans supposed to be active and full of energy? The one sleeping on the couch over there certainly wasn't. He looked like more of a couch potato than anything else.

~~~

As promised, Bran was up bright and early to help Matthew move his things into the house. The two of them were no weaklings, but it took quite a while to move everything inside. Hauling heavy pieces of furniture up the delicate glass stairs took some careful and precise maneuvering. If Edgar came home and found even one scuff on those beautiful stairs, Bran was in for a verbal lashing so severe that it would haunt his nightmares for weeks on end. By noon, everything was finally safely inside.

The second floor of the apartment, which the Hugh brothers hadn't gotten a chance to properly see the previous night, was as spacious as the first floor. It led into what looked like another living room...but rather than a regular couch, there was what looked like a cross between a couch and a king-sized bed sitting in front of a massive television--ninety inches or more. It was basically a home theater. Built around the absurdly large television were custom-made black cabinets that housed a wide variety of video game consoles, both old and new, and an even more expansive selection of games in their original cases. The first-floor living room, which featured a much smaller television, was mainly a place to hang out, watch some television, and do your homework. This living room, on the other hand, was definitely a home theater, built for amazing movie-watching and video game-playing experiences.

"Yeah, this is Edgar's set-up, mainly," he declared, hands in his pockets. He was all achy after moving furniture all morning. "He digs video games. He spends most of his time right here, playing games or watching television. Me? I like to watch movies on this bad boy. I was, uh..." Bran scratched the back of his head, looking sheepish. "I was thinking we could all get together and have a movie night tonight. And talk, too. We've got to get to know each other. Edgar should be home, soon...what about your brother? What do you think?" After such a tiring day, laying back and watching movies sounded just divine.

"But first...I guess I should show you the rest of this upper floor, huh?" They only moved furniture and luggage into the two empty bedrooms, so there was definitely more to see.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-16-2014, 02:35 PM

Yuu nodded at this. He made a mental note to remember to inform Edgar should he not be able to come for dinner. Then again, even if he was not able to contact the strawberry-blond male, he was pretty sure his brother would tell him for him. After all, if there was anything Matthew was used to, it was Yuuichi's crazy schedule. Sometimes, his good, old brother would even come to send him food. That's how the nurses and the doctors learned of his brother. He's also become the talk of the town sometimes. Although he wouldn't want to admit it, his brother was handsome, and his mature looks was what women get themselves hooked to.

"Mm. I'm sure we'll be able to get things done," Matthew said with a polite smile as he nodded at Bran's way. It was a little more later in the night when the brothers left the home that was about to be theirs, too, tomorrow morning. They've both said their thanks before they left, and Yuuichi was walking alongside his brother, the soles of his shoes scuffing the floor.

The bus stop was a few blocks away so the brothers took their time walking. "You know... Edgar. He's got a strange aura around him. Feels... kinda dark." Matthew blinked as he turned to look at his brother. Was this why he was staring at him and has been trying to get close to him? Yuuichi never did that unless he was interested in the person or what that person had. "Spirit?" The younger brother hummed. "That's what I couldn't figure out. It was just strange. But, fascinating."

"... try not to make too much trouble, Yuu."
"I won't. Don't worry."

Yuuichi's reply is exactly what worries Matthew.

---

And, as promised, Matthew was at Bran's and Matthew's place in the early morn the next day. Not too early, though. He was afraid the brothers would still be asleep. It was only when it struck seven that he arrived at the place with the movers. The driver and his partner for that day luckily helped them out so they got to finish a little earlier. Matthew was expecting that they'd finish in the afternoon. And, he'd just learned, too, that he ought to be careful about every little thing in the place. If anything were scratched or anything got out of place, Bran would have an earful from his brother. He already drafted a text message he just needed to send to his younger brother later.

"Still," the black-haired male started as he looked around the place, looking obviously surprised to see another living room on the second floor of the apartment. This was, by far, the craziest thing he'd seen. Just how much did the Royce family spend on such a beautiful home? "This is a little too much even for a gamer." The male moved forward, tucking his phone back into his back pocket as he checked out each of the system, and what was available up here. He was just about to ask Bran something else when he found himself blinking up at him. "A movie?" he repeated before he ended up smiling and chuckling softly. "I wouldn't mind at all. But as for Yuu... I doubt he'd be home early. He's at the hospital right now, working."

Deciding to leave the exploration later since they were going to be staying in the house, he marched back right to stand beside Bran before he'd smiled again. "That would certainly be helpful."

Last edited by harakun; 10-16-2014 at 02:44 PM..

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-16-2014, 04:18 PM

"Aw." Bran seemed disappointed that Yuuichi wouldn't be able to make their movie night. At least Matthew wouldn't miss it. Edgar wasn't big on movies unless they were horror movies...so Bran would probably be choosing a good selection of movies with horror themes for tonight. He was a bit of movie buff, so that wouldn't be too much of a challenge for him.

"Well, at least you'll be here." He brightened up considerably at those words. "And Edgar, too. He and I both like horror movies. What kinds of movies do you like, so I can widen the genre pool for us?"

When the other male commented on the sheer size of the setup, Bran chuckled, folding his hands behind his back. "The bigger the television, the better! It's got an amazing picture, and great sound as well. There's a surround sound system, so the sound quality is perfect. Edgar likes to fully immerse himself in his games. He spends quite a bit of time here. He brought this TV along with him when we first arrived here--it was the one he had in his room back home." This massive television was in Edgar's old bedroom?! ...Well...the Royce family was loaded. Besides cooking, gaming was the only hobby Edgar truly partook in. It was understandable that he was willing to shell out quite a bit of money on such a high-grade television.

"This way." Bran strode back down the hallway that led to the stairway. This hallway housed all four bedrooms. "My room's right here. On the left. Edgar's room is on the right. And the bathroom..." He turned on his heel and headed back into the upper living room, glancing off to the side. "Right here. To the left. There's only one bathroom, so we'll all have to learn how to share. There's a toilet, a sink, some cabinets, a spa tub, and a steam shower." Bran sauntered forward, bypassing the couch-bed combination and the large wall-mounted television. There were archways situated on either side of the television...

...And it turned out that they led out onto a spacious deck with transparent glass railing. This apartment was on the fifth floor of the complex, and this deck boasted an incredible view of the city. "Here's our deck. There're a few chairs...and a makeshift fire pit." Bran grinned, passing the chairs. "It's perfectly safe. Just have to be careful with it. And over here, right against the railing..." he pointed it out as he spoke, grin widening, "...is our hot tub."

The hot tub was pressed right against the railing, offering any bathers a lovely view of the city. It was large enough to fit four to six people at a time, but it was devoid of water at the moment.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Matthew was just about to open his mouth, to reply to the other saying that he was at least there, but he stopped and shut his mouth the instant he'd heard the words 'horror movies'. Oh no, the male thought as he tried to smile. He really did, and he almost would've had done it perfectly if not for the way the other deliberately boasted about their set of theater system. It took him a while to get his composure back, but he managed, and he laughed, albeit nervously. "We'll be expecting this place to be noisy then during Edgar's free time."

Following after Bran as he tucked his hands into the back pockets of his pants, he swallowed tightly and hoped against all hopes that he could bear not freaking out the moment they start watching the movie. Would've been better if Yuu was here instead of me. He pulled out one of his hands from his pocket to rub at his neck while he nodded at Bran starting the little tour around the house. He had, after all, said 'why not', right?

"This place only has one bathroom?" he asked, blinking a bit in surprise. As he dropped his hand back to his side, he found himself gaping at the spacious deck that he was presented with after passing by the archways and that large television. And, even moreso when he saw the city splayed out before them. This was amazing! The thing about the horror movie was forgotten, and he almost missed Bran's next words if it weren't for the other pointing at something. Oh, he'd noticed the movement. "A... what?" Matthew turned to look back at Bran and then followed that finger pointing at the hot tub.

"Whoa." He blinked and shook his head a bit with his eyes tight shut. When he opened them again, he couldn't help but gape in obvious surprise. "Wow. This is..." The male stopped and trailed off, obviously speechless.

Was it obvious that he hasn't encountered a hot tub at all? Much less, one that he had access to every single day?