Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-19-2014, 02:08 PM

"It'll be noisy during the daytime, as long as nobody's taking a nap or doing homework. See..." Bran yawned widely, stretching his arms up and into the air. He was slender, but the defined muscles in his arms and back still rippled with the movement. "Cooking and video games are Edgar's true passions. He spends almost as much time in the kitchen as he does in front of the TV and his laptop. He shells out a lot of money on game-related goodies. For instance...he's got a gaming headset that costs like three hundred and fifty dollars. He's a got an expensive Alienware laptop, too. Cost about...what, four grand? Maybe a little bit more? Ed doesn't appreciate anything but the best. More often than not, he'll slap on that expensive headset when he knows somebody's doing schoolwork or sleeping."

Bran didn't like to spend his money exorbitantly like his elder brother was so fond of doing. Edgar only wanted the best things...but at the same time, he didn't spend his money on things he didn't use (decor and such aside). He spent his money wildly, perhaps...but wisely.

"Only one bathroom," he confirmed, sounding the slightest bit sheepish. "We'll just have to learn how to share. That shouldn't be too much of an issue...except for showering. Edgar showers late at night. I like to shower in the morning. I don't know when you guys prefer to shower, but we ought to work out a schedule. I guess you could wash off in the hot tub if you're truly desperate and in a rush." They couldn't afford to be late to their classes or to work because everyone was standing in a queue to use the shower.

Though the dark-haired male took notice of Matthew's shock and awe, and he most likely caught on that these living arrangements were overwhelming for him, he didn't comment on it. No need to make the other feel more awkward than he already did, right?

Just as he was about to suggest browsing his collection of movies and the selection on Netflix for ideas on what to watch, Bran heard the distinctive chunk sound of the key turning in the lock downstairs, which was followed summarily by the booming barks of Chaos and the high-pitched yaps of Bacon. "Oh. Edgar's home." He turned on his heel and headed right back into the apartment, a spring in his step. "He'll want to get snacks ready for us." Edgar was interested in anything that involved food, including choosing snacks and such. He almost never allowed Bran to interfere when it came to food.

On his way in, Bran had to sidestep to avoid stepping on one of their elusive cats. "Don't step on Frankenstein. She'll tear you up." It was a small cat, but definitely not a kitten. It was a calico with wild patterns all over her body and a fuzzy white belly. Her face was split evenly into two different colors--black and orange--and she had two differently-colored eyes, one blue and one green. The instant she spotted Matthew, she scuttled away like a startled fawn. It would take time for the cats to get used to their new housemates. Heck, it was surprising enough that this one emerged from her hiding place so soon.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM

Matthew wasn't the least bit bothered by the way Bran's muscles rippled with the movement, when he stretched those arms of his up in the air. He was more fascinated by the way his tattoos went with the movement. Snapping himself out of his thoughts, though, the moment Bran continued to speak, the male only reached up to adjust his glasses. He was silently hoping that the other hadn't caught on with his said fascination. "Quite extravagant," he replied with a slight chuckle, "Perhaps, he only likes the best of the best." He could understand such sentiments. After all, it'd be best to go out all in one time instead of one at a time.

When Bran went to the topic of the bathroom, Matthew immediately raised his hand in level with his chest as he waved it a bit. "Not at all!" He smiled, "I'm sure we can work something out. After all, giving us to pay just $3500 is a lot." When the male realized he hadn't paid yet, he was just about to bring that topic up when he heard the sound of the key turning and the dog, Bacon, barking.

It had him blinking a bit.

Quickly following Bran in, he stopped at the other suddenly stepping aside to avoid stepping on their cat. Frankenstein? The moment his and the cat's eyes met, he found himself chuckling when she scuttered away. She was rather cute. Somehow, the brothers seem to have named their pets according to their physical traits, which he found oddly amusing and adorable all at the same time. "Duly noted. I do hope, though, that Yuu won't step on them when he gets home. He has that tendency to miss whatever's in his way." Sometimes, he'd even find Yuu on the floor, already sprawled out and asleep. Seriously, his brother should watch it now that they were living with the brothers - with one who was specific about certain things that might go awry in his home.

Matthew continued his way back into the house and he gave a short, "I will be right back," before he disappeared. He reappeared after a few minutes with what looked like a small, brown envelope in hand. Tucking this into his back pocket, he made a mental note to hand this to Edgar when he could. At least, before they started on the movie.

I'll look like a wuss if I tell them I'm not fond of horror movies, won't I?

Realizing his rudeness, the black-haired male immediately piped up. "Welcome home, Edgar," he greeted the blond with a smile. Hopefully, he hadn't given the older male - one still younger than him in age, though - a bad impression of himself.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-23-2014, 12:09 PM

"Just give him fair warning." Bran didn't seem too bothered by the cat's behavior. She was a little skittish around new people. "Frankie is frightened of strangers, and she'll tear you up if you startle her too much. Don't worry, though--she'll get used to you in time. Pistachio's just wary of you right now, but he'll warm up to you eventually. He's, uh...a big gray cat with long hair. A Nebelung. And, uh...then there's Spaghetti. He's a big red Norwegian Forest Cat with long hair. Don't even try to get close to Spaghetti, regardless of how handsome he is. He's a monster. He's practically feral. The only one that interacts with him on a regular basis is Edgar. Hell, we barely even see the big guy."

As time went on, Bran would be happy to show the brothers his other pets, as well. For as long as he could remember, he had always adored animals. He couldn't imagine living in a place that wouldn't allow animals, which was the reason why they chose to look for a suitable apartment rather than stay in the university dormitories in the first place. They searched for a long time before they found this place--most apartments didn't allow animals, or they had a limit on how many animals you could have. This was the only place in town that had no such limit.

While Matthew disappeared into the room, Bran made his way downstairs, and only seconds later the brothers could be heard and seen conversing in the smaller living room downstairs. Standing side by side, it was hard not to see the similarities between the brothers. It was obvious. They weren't just brothers. They were twins. They were the exact same height, skin tone, and build. They also had the same icy blue eyes and angular facial structures. Somehow, they looked so starkly different from one another...and yet, they still looked the same.

Was it possible that they were identical twins? If that was the case, one of them had their hair dyed.

When Matthew finally headed downstairs, Edgar was the one who spotted him first. Which was strange, really...Bran was the one facing the stairs. "Thank you." Edgar took a seat on the sofa, rummaging through his messenger bag. He and Bran had the same messenger bags, just in different colors. Bran's was black and Edgar's was red. "So..." Bran shifted his weight from one leg to the other. "I was just breaching the topic of a movie night." "I prefer horror movies above all else," the blonde declared, confirming everything his dark-haired brother claimed. "But...I dislike movies that center around demonic exorcism. The topic is so overdone. It's been beaten to death."

For some reason, it sounded like that wasn't the only reason why Edgar disliked exorcism movies...but neither brother cared to elaborate on the subject.

"There's a pretty good selection on Netflix," Bran piped up after a moment of silence. "I suggest watching a movie called Dead Silence first," Edgar murmured a second later. "It's fantastic. But first..." He rose from his seat, a planner book and a notebook in hand. "I'll drop my things off in my room. And then I will prepare some simple snacks." Without another word, the blonde made a beeline for the stairs. Once he was out of sight, Bran rubbed the back of his neck, looking sheepish. "I'm sorry if he seems a little picky and standoffish. That's just his personality."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-25-2014, 11:39 PM

Matthew did notice the similarities, and to say that he was surprise would be an understatement. He didn't bother bringing it up, though. It wasn't like he could, not when they were on the topic of what movie they'd be watching. "Yeah?" he asked, his brows raising just a tad. He blinked a little at Edgar's sudden reply that had him turning his gaze back at him. "Ah. Now that you mention it, that's true." He didn't understand why the exorcism movies all typically go the same way. At least, from all the summaries he'd read over the Internet.

And then there it was. Edgar's final selection of the movie. It almost sounded like there was no room for argument when he brought that up. Not that Matthew minded, but he was already feeling the jitters. It was possible he was going to faint halfway through the movie - or if something pops up in the screen. He wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the brothers laugh at him. He'd have been happier with Yuu watching for him while he cast his gaze elsewhere.

"Huh?"

The confused look Matthew wore off the moment he'd seen Bran rubbing the back of his neck and looking sheepish. "Oh," he started, as he chuckled. "That's all right. You must have it harder once Edgar's in one of his mood swings." The male reached out to lightly tap Bran's other arm before he gave it a light squeeze. Once he'd dropped his hand back to his side, he leaned in a little closer.

"By the way." He pursed his lips a little. "If you could keep it to yourself... if I faint any time as the movie plays... wake me up when the movie ends?"

- - -

Yuu sighed for the umpteenth time as he flopped down the couch in the staff room. He leaned his head back, stared up at the ceiling and then glance at the time on the clock hanging on the wall. It was well past 6, and, already, he was hungry. He wasn't sure why but he missed Edgar's cooking. No offense to his brother, the strawberry blond-haired male really is fit to be a chef. His brother? A barista at a coffee shop. He makes the perfect blends, really, just like what he'd created this morning: Hazelnut black coffee made with the finest of beans from Hawaii, and added with just a hint of peppermint.

Shifting to sit up, he reached into his pockets, fished out his phone, and flipped it open before he'd created an SMS to be sent to Edgar: Evening. Won't be coming home tonight. Shift's ending at two in the morning. Once he was finished, he tucked this back into his pocket and looked up just as soon as his co-worker stepped in. That was a sign for him to step out, which he did after exchanging a few words with his co-worker.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 AM

Bran only smiled in a charming way when the older male tapped his arm and then squeezed it reassuringly for good measure. He could be very touchy-feely, especially with people he grew friendly with...but Bran wasn't exactly relationship material, though, which disappointed many girls in the past. He despised commitment, especially commitment of a permanent nature. Bran thought of the institution of marriage as a figurative ball and chain. Marrying someone wasn't a way to prove that you loved them--didn't they know that you loved them anyway? It just over-complicated things and made it difficult to sever ties with someone if things eventually went sour.

That didn't mean he was against physical relations, of course. In fact, Bran could be very promiscuous.

He blinked when Matthew leaned in a bit closer...and then another grin, this time a clearly amused grin, split across his face. "Why would you faint?" Bran sounded both teasing and merry at the same time. "You're not scared of horror movies, are you? Hm. That's a shame, if you are. Ed and I are both fond of horror. And not just movies and television, either. Survival horror video games are all the rage with us. I hope you get used to the stuff after a while--more often than not, if we're watching something or playing video games, it's horror-related." The long-haired male yawned, stretching his arms up and above his head again. "Not to mention..." Another grin, this time on the flirtatious side, "...a brave man is a sexy man."

Just as those words escaped him, Edgar descended the stairs again, cracking his fingers and heading straight into the kitchen. "Are your food allergies limited to seafood only, Matthew?" he asked after a moment, fishing through the cabinets and eventually unearthing a container of whipped peanut butter. "No nut allergies, I assume? I think I'm going to utilize some of that homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream I whipped up the other day to make a sweet treat. It will only take a few minutes--I only plan on making ten."

As he was rummaging through the cabinets and yanking out ingredient after ingredient, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Working with one hand, he used his free hand to check his messages. He found the text from Yuuichi and hummed to himself, rapidly responding.

Dinner will be waiting for you under foil in the refrigerator. It will be labeled with your name. Sweet and sour chicken on white rice and drenched in a sweet pineapple glaze.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-27-2014, 01:59 AM

If Bran wasn't relationship material, Matthew was. But, the women he seemed to delve in too deep for a relationship all wanted something more: marriage. And, he did agree with Bran about having to go through such an institution. Why bother getting married when all there was to it was creating a family? And, when two people have children, they seem to only stay together for the sake of their children. He and Yuu, though, weren't so lucky. They were only half-brothers, and he wasn't sure he was ready to even tell anyone they weren't even the least bit related.

He had the features of the typical Caucasian. Yuu, of course, bordered on Asian.

Snapping out of his thoughts just as the other asked that, he was supposed to open his mouth to speak up when the toher suddenly went and answered his own question. Matthew, though, replied with a purse of his lips as he saw that he'd be meeting more of the horror themed games and movies the brothers would be playing. Well, that was dandy. Sighing quietly, the male pulled back to straighten up. He was, yet again, about to open his mouth to, at least, defend himself, but was stumped the moment the other made mention that a brave man was a sexy man. "That's too bad," he started, the sides of his own lips curling up in amusement, "I'm not the brave type." Was he hitting on him? Maybe he was.

Maybe he wasn't. But, it was sure that he was still fasincated by the tattoo on the other's body. In fact, if he could just reach out and-

Impossible. "Ah. Yeah. Just seafood." The male smiled politely as he slipped his hands into the confines of his pockets. "And, that sounds delicious." Somehow, when Edgar starts talking about the food he was going to make or what food he was going to make, it sounded good no matter what it was. "Do you two want black coffee to go with that?"

Edgar's phone rang a few minutes after he'd just replied: Thanks Edgar! Sounds real delish!

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 10-28-2014, 12:49 AM

Bran and Edgar tactfully steered most conversations away from their home life, but their situation was different from that of the average family. Their parents refused to stay together for their children, something both Bran and Edgar felt was the right choice even during their younger years. Their parents did nothing but fight when they were together--everyone was happier once they went their separate ways. They both abandoned home the moment they turned eighteen. They severed ties with their mother, but kept an open line of communication with their father. It wasn't out of love, though. They remained on good terms with him to make use of his money.

And that wasn't out of pure selfishness, either. During these tough times, when neither of them made too much money, they needed that extra income. Student loans weren't exactly cheap or easy to pay off.

"Are you sure about that?" For a brief moment, Bran's bottom lip stuck out farther than it usually did. The movement accentuated the piercings in his lower lip. "Oh. That's a shame. Bravery is very attractive in a man." He wasn't exactly flirting with Matthew so much as he was stating what he felt as being the truth. The more time the brothers spent around Bran, they would surely come to realize why he had such an infamous reputation as a heartbreaker around the campus. He was completely oblivious to subtle flirtation, something many girls utilized. As well, he could come off as being extremely flirtatious when he was just being friendly. People who wanted to flirt with Bran had to be painfully direct.

If such blunt flirtation led to physical relations, that was fine. He was no stranger to one-night stands. But rarely did those one-night stands lead to much more.

"Ah, none for me..." A sheepish smile stretched across Bran's face. "I don't mean any offense, but...I don't really care for the taste of coffee. I've tried lots of different combinations. I just don't like the core taste of coffee. I don't like hot drinks all that much, either." Edgar hummed, carefully laying out different ingredients on a baking tray. "I've tried fixing him many concoctions, as well. It's the taste of coffee itself that turns him off."

So...what Bran needed was iced coffee that absolutely did not taste like coffee. A daunting task. But was Matthew up to the challenge?

Just a few moments later, Edgar turned around, a tray of what looked like homemade ice cream sandwiches clutched in his hands. "The snacks are ready. Shall we proceed?" The blonde's manner of speaking was...peculiar. Sometimes informal, sometimes painstakingly formal. A weird mix, for sure.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 11-02-2014, 10:37 AM

Oh, he was sure. Bravery wasn't something Matthew can play out all too well. He wasn't ashamed of it, either. And, that piercing he had on his bottom lip really did a number on him. The older male had to use up all of his self-restraint not to just reach out and feel it. That'd just be awkward and weird, right? Glad that the topic had changed the moment he'd asked that question, a look of realization dawned on Matthew's face. "Oh," was his only reply before he smiled, "I see. That sounds like a challenge."

And, a challenge that he may have to get started on perhaps tomorrow morning. To make coffee too quickly without the taste of coffee? That was going to be difficult if he didn't want to make them lag on their movie schedule. "I'll start on it, then." If Bran can't drink this, surely, he could give it away.

Moving forward to join Edgar in the kitchen, he expertly moved around to make some handbrewn coffee for both he and Edgar. The way he prepared the hot water, the beans as he crushed them with his coffee grinder, and the way he poured the water in the small pitcher with the long mouth was a sight to behold. It was pretty close to that of a barista. No more than sooner, the smell of coffee was wafting about just a few minutes just as Edgar turned around to announce that he'd finished what he'd made. Of course, he didn't stop there.

He made another cup for Bran, but one that had less coffee. Surely there was only a faint taste of coffee, perhaps even less after he'd used Edgar's and Bran's milk from the fridge. He got some ice, too, and a bit of a milk chocolate block to give Bran's mug a taste where chocolate would overpower coffee. In fact, he had a feeling that there was barely any more taste of the coffee there.

Ridding and cleaning the counter and his machines off coffee grounds, he set them aside to dry before he'd put all three mugs on a tray. "If you don't like the taste of the drink I've made for you, Bran, I'm sure I can make something better tomorrow. For now... this. Should I get water for us, too?" They had a lot of time ahead of them. He was sure he could create something perfect for Bran - one that should fit his taste. Oh, he intended to find the perfect blend, too, for Edgar. But, not tonight. Tonight was his favorite blend: a hint of sourness but the aftertaste of chocolate.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 AM

As Edgar bustled about the kitchen, he seemed to focus wholly on his work, disregarding everyone and everything around him. For those who didn't know him well, that's what it looked like, anyway. As their new housemates would surely find out in the coming days, partially due to his as-of-yet-undisclosed mental illness Edgar was extremely anal, shockingly petty, and undeniably quirky. He had a laundry list of pet peeves. People loitering about in the kitchen while he was working with food was one of those pet peeves. Bran almost moved to stop Matthew when the other male invaded his power keg of a twin's space, but decided not to, instead folding his arms across his chest and studying the interaction carefully.

Just as Bran feared, Edgar gave an involuntary roll of his shoulders and the muscles in his arms flexed several times. He seemed irked, and he kept a watchful eye on Matthew as the other went about his own business with the coffee ingredients...but for now, the persnickety blonde kept his big mouth shut, something Bran was thankful for. Edgar was born with a very, very mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, and it was often difficult for him to get along with and tolerate other people, especially if they did something that rubbed him the wrong way. At least the blonde was making an admirable effort at being tolerant.

Once they were both finished working in the kitchen, Bran pursed his lips, eyeing up the tray holding the mugs of coffee. Already, he could smell the vile stuff--it tickled his nostrils, and his nose wrinkled up like that of a tiny bunny rabbit's. "I'll try it." A hint of amusement flashed in his eyes. "But I won't make any guarantees. That stuff just doesn't appeal to me." If he couldn't stomach it, then he couldn't stomach it. Edgar would finish it if he couldn't.

"I'll grab an energy drink just in case I don't like the one you prepared." Bran sauntered straight into the kitchen, swinging the refrigerator door open. Edgar fixed his brother with a flat stare as he went digging through the contents, eventually unearthing a huge can of Monster Energy. When Bran emerged, he was about to slam the door shut when he caught his brother's icy stare. A sheepish grin split across his face and he shut the door as gently as possible.

"I will be fine with just the coffee." Edgar turned on his heel, carefully balancing the tray in his hands. He scaled the stairs quickly. Bran followed along after him, energy drink in hand. "I'm ready for some movies!" He sounded excited, much like a kid in a candy store. "I haven't had a good movie night in a while! Been too busy with school and work."

harakun
At Your Service

Old 11-08-2014, 08:35 AM

Matthew was unaware of Edgar's want of not touching his kitchen. But he did, however, notice the way Edgar's shoulders moved and those arms of his flex. It was only a short notice, though, as he focused on making the coffee. Bran's reaction to the smell of coffee made him chuckle, and he nodded once. "That is enough. I can finish your drink," he started, "But, I'm not very fond of chocolates." Or, anything sweet for that matter.

Not quite sure, though, as to why Bran got himself an energy drink, the man made no comment about it as he smiled in amusement at Edgar giving his brother that stare. Was it because Bran was roughly going through the contents of the refrigerator? He wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that was so. Edgar seemed pretty uptight about the way things are set in position in this home. That was going to be rather troublesome to get accustomed to, all things considering. Yuuichi, especially, was going to have a hard time. When Edgar went on ahead, Matthew lingered by.

"Your brother," he started, "I'm glad he tolerated me while I was in his kitchen." Expertly balancing the tray in one hand as he followed the brothers up the stair, he whipped out his phone from his back pocket to send his brother an SMS.

SMS me when you're going home. I can come pick you up.

Tucking his phone back in his pocket, he looked up at Bran as he raised his eyebrows a bit. "But school hasn't started yet. It will be in a week. Was work really that busy?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 11-12-2014, 04:13 AM

Bran stopped in his tracks when Matthew spoke. He was about halfway up the stairs when he stopped, and he peered over his shoulder, a mischievous sort of expression on his face. "To be completely honest...I'm surprised that he didn't sock you. Or curse you out, at the very least." The dark-haired male started to turn back around...but then he paused again, turning only slightly and fixing the other man with a sideways stare.

"Since he's out of earshot...I'm gonna warn you right now. Better sooner than later." Bran seemed uncomfortable. Uneasy. He kept shooting hesitant glances toward the second floor--probably keeping an eye out for his blonde twin. "Ed's, uh...he's...not totally right in the head. Sure, he's a genius...but he's got mental problems. He's got a mild case of Asperger's Syndrome, and he's got OCD. He's, uh...also schizophrenic. It fluctuates between moderate to severe. Sometimes he'll talk to people that aren't there. See things that aren't there. Believe things that aren't true. Some of his past therapists thought he might have multiple personalities, too. He's not dangerous, by any means...but he can be a little much to handle, especially for people who aren't used to serious mental illness."

He pivoted, heading straight up the stairs. "Just don't piss him off and there won't be any problems." That wasn't entirely true...people with schizophrenia often suffered from horrid hallucinations. Edgar could easily mistake a gesture of kindness for an attack under the right conditions, if he truly was schizophrenic.

But...he seemed so stable...

There was a bounce in Bran's step as he finally reached the top of the stairs. Evidently, the topic of his beloved brother's distorted mental state was a sore one, indeed. The two of them never mentioned anything about their family...perhaps Edgar was the only person Bran truly had, and vice-versa. "Edgar's classes have already started. He's taking a lot of extra stuff. I have an online course that started a couple of days ago. My boss always runs me ragged with long hours before school actually starts, so I always come home exhausted."

Upstairs in the second living room, Edgar was already browsing Netflix for suitable movies. He seemed intent on watching Dead Silence, one of his favorites, first. Even though Bran's brief pause to explain things to Matthew hadn't taken very long, the blonde still seemed impatient and antsy, and he squinted suspiciously when the two finally materialized. Sharp as ever. Bran never could hide much from his observant brother.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-13-2015, 02:32 AM

Matthew, in all honesty, was just as surprised as Bran was, as well, that he wasn't thrown out of the man's kitchen. But, he did wonder about the 'curse'. Just how bad was Edgar's attitude towards people who went against his being OCD? If the living room or anything in the house was in a disarray, would he take it bad? While he was lost in thoughts, Matthew almost didn't see Bran give him that leeway stare if it weren't for the other speaking up. Snapping himself out of his thoughts, the male raised his brows, blinked, and slowed in his steps as he listened. Intently.

Mental problems? Well, that explains a lot. When the other made mention of Asperger's Syndrome, he found himself frowning, it marring his handsome features. He was going to have to take a mental note of that and ask his brother about it. "Wait... what?" Matthew stopped in his tracks as he froze, staring up at Bran like he'd grown another head. Had he heard right? Edgar's schizophrenic? Suddenly, he felt lost - almost close to confused. Was Edgar going to be all right? And, has Bran been at this alone? Taking care of his brother?

"Ah... all right." Tilting his head a bit, the male frowned again and pursed his lips. It would've been nice if Yuuichi were around. Then, at least, he won't have to explain things himself. Balancing the tray with one hand, the male rubbed his neck with his free hand before he continued on his way. He was a little slower than Bran when he'd arrived on the top of the stairs, but he got there. It'd be odd if he didn't.

"Oh, has it?" Matthew managed to smile as he chuckled, "He works too hard. You, too." The male gave a friendly pat on the younger of the two brother's back before he went on ahead to lead the way in. Setting the tray on a small table he'd pulled up from the side, the male looked up at the screen. "How often is movie night again? And, are we really all about horror movies?" He saw where Edgar was headed to with the remote. Of course it wasn't hard to see it as he settled to seat himself by the table where he could... turn away and look out the door with ease should the screen show something distasteful.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 03:12 AM

Just how irritating Edgar's OCD could be was unknown. Bran already sat down with his headstrong brother and discussed it with him. He supposed that Matthew would now, in turn, let Yuuichi know about the blonde's issues...and he hoped that the two of them would be wisely careful around Edgar for the next couple of weeks while the two of them adjusted to having constant company. Bran and Edgar were somewhat reclusive, rarely inviting other people into their space. Edgar was by far the most reclusive of the pair--while Bran loved to go out to clubs and bars and socialize with a myriad of different people, Edgar did not. The blonde preferred the quiet company of his pets, books, and electronics over the company of other people. Having not one, but two new roommates was a big and unsteady step for the Royce twins, but especially Edgar.

Bran clearly recognized the look on Matthew's face, but he decided not to make a comment at all. Edgar could be a handful, certainly...but he was in no way handicapped. He was exceptionally uncomfortable in crowded public places, however, and the younger twin had to make sure he stuck to his brother like glue. The stigma surrounding schizophrenia was the reason why he'd been so reluctant to share this with their new roommates. Bran didn't want either of them to see Edgar differently, or to treat him like an incapable child...but he had to admit, they would need to treat him a bit differently than they would an ordinary person.

The dark-haired twin plopped down directly next to Edgar, who huffed tersely as a greeting. "We usually have movie night once a week, but we can do it more often if we've all got time," he piped up cheerfully. Too cheerfully, it seemed--the blonde adjacent to him fixed him with an odious stare before turning back to the massive television. Oh, yeah. He knew already that something was up--his brother and their new roommate lingered by the stairs for far too long, and now Bran was suddenly jubilant. "Doesn't matter what day," the younger brother continued, ignoring Edgar's stare all together (even though he felt it burning through him like a hot branding iron). "Just a night when everyone's free for a couple of hours."

The blonde finally settled on Dead Silence, leaning back into the cushy sofa. "We like horror. But..." he turned his gaze on Matthew. Those striking eyes of the Royce brothers (but especially Edgar's) really did resemble cool chips of ice. "We do, on occasion, like to delve into nostalgic movies. Disney movies, for example. I suppose we could draw straws, and the person with the shortest straw may select the movie for that night. Tonight, however, I suggest watching Dead Silence. It is an amazing movie with a shocking twist. You won't expect the ending at all."

Edgar was just about to click play...and then he glanced at Matthew again, flashing him the tiniest of smirks. "I do hope you aren't bothered by dolls." Bran shuddered at the mere word. He despised dolls. "Dolls creep me out," he whined, but he didn't protest Edgar's selection.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-13-2015, 05:22 AM

Too cheerfully, indeed. It took Matthew back a bit. Blinking at the brothers before finding himself clearing his throat, he picked up his mug and took a silent sip as he continued to listen to their reply. It was amusing, really, to see Edgar staring at his brother and his brother altogether ignoring it. "Hmm. I see." The male leaned back against the couch as he glanced at the screen again to see the face of the doll pop up for a second. Ah. He really hated the covers of these horror movies. Tearing his gaze away to look back at Edgar, he was surprised, yet again, for the nth time that day.

Edgar's eyes were beautiful. Too beautiful, in fact, that Matthew was unaware of the fact that he was staring. For far too long.

"Ah... well. If you put it that way..." Matthew swallowed tightly as he held his mug a little tighter. The sides of his lips pulled up into a small, even nervous, smile. "All right." A slight shiver, though, crept up his spine at the mere mention of dolls. Like Bran, he didn't like them, and he especially didn't like them in movies.

The last Chuckie movie, he remembered staring up at the ceiling while he was listening to the deaths of people, and the conversation between characters. It looked like he'll be in the same predicament for the rest of the movie.

---

It was well past eleven when Yuuichi finished his shift. He checked his phone for any messages or calls he'd missed out, and silently pulled up his scarf. Hm. He'd missed his brother's text. The busy hours, apparently, kept him out from the real world. Lonely, really, now that he thought about it. While he looked about the emptying parking area, he slid his phone back into his coat pocket before hugging the warm material around himself.

Just finished my shift. Heading home now, was his reply before he kept the phone.

He didn't need someone to pick him up. Walking during the wee hours of the evening and the late evening was always good for idle time. Despite it being cold, though, these were one of the many things he liked about after working in the hospital.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 06:38 AM

After the movie ended, Bran declared loudly that he was going out for a midnight ride on his prized Harley Davidson. He despised dolls. They were creepy. He just couldn't bring himself to go to bed yet, not with those lingering thoughts of creepy dolls, puppets, and mannequins infesting his mind. He left shortly after the movie ended, taking only his wallet, leather jacket, and his beloved Doberman Chaos (who actually loved motorcycle rides...Edgar helped Bran build a seat specially for his canine companion).

That left Edgar and Matthew alone in the house. Edgar bustled about in the kitchen for a while, reorganizing his spice shelf and then beginning to prepare fresh food for his beloved cats. Bacon, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, was thankfully absent, upstairs snoozing on Edgar's bed. His only companions tonight were the three elusive household cats, all seated just shy of the kitchen tile and watching him eagerly with swishing tails.

Even they knew better than to intrude upon Edgar's space while he was working in the kitchen.

By the time Yuuichi's key turned in the lock, one of the cats had retreated to the expensive red cat tree on the far side of the room, intent on hiding from the newcomer but not quite willing to flee yet. He wanted his food, of course. The other two cats only spared the young man a brief glance before refocusing their attention on Edgar. There was Frankenstein, of course, the petite she-cat with the unusual and astounding markings. Seated beside her was a larger cat with long, flowing ash-gray hair. His eyes were a striking shade of green. The cat who fled was still visible within the cat tree--a huge hulking beast of a tom with long, bushy reddish-fur and a gigantic tail. He was almost twice as big as Frankenstein, and the look on his face was anything but friendly.

"Good evening." Edgar didn't bother looking up from his work in the kitchen. "I apologize in advance if I keep you up at night. I suffer from insomnia. As well, the cats do need to be fed." After working so hard at school and then at his job at Red Robin, shouldn't the blonde be exhausted? But if he really had insomnia...that was understandable.

Even though he faced away from Yuuichi...something seemed different about Edgar. He hummed to himself as he carefully seared the meat in the pan. His posture was no longer straight as an arrow. And...his eyes...such a vibrant icy blue. They seemed somehow darker behind those glasses of his. "I heartily recommend steering clear of the cat tree," he tacked on after a moment. "That is where our Norwegian Forest Cat, Spaghetti, is lurking. And he is not at all amicable toward strangers."

As if daring the human to come closer, Spaghetti's bushy tail whipped back and forth and his lengthy fur stood on end.

Last edited by Mira-Charma13; 01-13-2015 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Typo

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 AM

And after the movie ended, Matthew, like Bran, was just about to take his leave, too, if not for his phone vibrating in his pocket. He didn't like dolls, and he certainly didn't like the lingering thoughts in his mind of the movie. To be honest, he was still freaked out. As a man, that wasn't understandable, no. After all, what grown man would be in his right mind to be afraid of horror movies? And for a stereotypical man in a judging society like theirs-

It just wasn't right.

Coming home? The male smiled apologetically, mostly to himself, before he went on ahead towards the front door after getting his keys and slipping on his shoes. From his want to leave the house to clear his mind, it was obvious that he'd forgotten his wallet. It was sitting on the living room table, alone, and, of course, out of place from the symmetrical arrangement of the sofa and the pillows.

A little time had passed by then when Yuuichi finally arrived home. He was more than surprised to be greeted by Edgar, and was also quite freaked out by the cats waiting in the dark for their food. These felines really needed to stop being such a real-life horror movie. Then again, that was in their nature. Sure would be hilarious, though, if Matt came in right now, he thought to himself, chuckling quietly, before he turned to look up at the orange tom who was perched atop the cat tree. "Yeeeaah," he drawled out in reply as he smiled a little nervously, "Thanks for the warning, but I don't think I could ever approach him... looking like that." It was no surprise there that he preferred dogs versus cats.

But, the smell of food certainly appeased his fear. He cast his gaze back to the man as he tugged at his gloves to rid of them. "You really do love your cats, don't you?" he asked. Unbuttoning his coat, he shrugged them off his shoulders and stopped for a second. Edgar seemed to be acting... funny.

Well, funny would be an understatement.

Both his curiosity and his hunger got the best of him, so instead of steering clear off the kitchen, he joined Edgar. He didn't go towards the counter, though. He stood by the fridge, hand on the handle. It was obvious with the way Yuuichi was trying to get a better glimpse of his face that he was staring at him. In fact, when he'd gotten his food and was about to heat it; he tilted his head a little more at an angle that gave him a better view of Edgar. "I don't know if it's the light, but you seem... different. I mean, compared to the Edgar I know I met the first time?" The male tore his gaze for a moment to look for the microwave.

And, as if to quickly change the topic, he added, "Uh... can I use your microwave? You don't like anyone using your kitchen, right... without permission?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 07:57 AM

"Cats are astounding animals." Edgar managed to crack a small smile as he started searing the second piece of meat, which looked like a slab of turkey. "Intelligent and independent. They only share their worlds with people they deem deserving of such an honor. They do not love blindly. I admire that." ...Something seemed a bit off with the way he was speaking, too. He spoke formally before...but now the formality in his words was almost stifling.

The cats either didn't notice this sudden change in behavior, or they didn't care. Which hinted that they must have been used to it by now. The tiny she-cat did squint suspiciously at her blonde master for a moment...and then she brightened up considerably, trotting straight into the kitchen and hopping up onto the kitchen island behind Edgar. The gray cat hesitated, but eventually trailed after her, leaping up as well. His long hair brushed against the counter, snagging on things and getting caught. Edgar could clearly hear them moving around--he even turned back to raise an eyebrow at them--but he didn't do anything to stop them.

Wasn't this man obsessive about keeping everything tidy and in place? There was no way he couldn't see that the gray cat was leaving bits of fur everywhere...

As if he wasn't already behaving strangely enough, he paid no mind to Yuuichi when the other invaded his space. He could hear him rifling around in the fridge, but apparently didn't care. The tall blonde must have felt the other male staring at him, though, because he spared him a slightly amused glance. He knew he was good-looking, just like Bran. Girls tended to stare at them both whenever they ventured into a public place.

Yuuichi's words made the lithe male momentarily pause in his cooking, and his eyebrows furrowed...but this time, he didn't look at the other. He was catching on. "Different?" He sounded surprised...but for some reason, he didn't look surprised at all. "Different how? ...Well..." he glanced downward. "I did change clothes. And I am quite tired. Perhaps that is it?"

Edgar instantly latched on to the new topic, getting back to cooking. "Go on. As long as you ask for my permission beforehand, I will allow you to share my space." He slid the cooked turkey slice off of the pan and onto the plate with the cut of steak, and after that he quickly turned the stove off. Edgar occupied himself with divvying up the two meats into separate portions and adding them to half-filled bowls. He made sure his cats had hearty dinners with healthy ingredients.

Something was definitely shady here...

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Shady wasn't the exact term Yuuichi would use right now. Strange and different would be the perfect descriptors to how Edgar was acting - and speaking, in fact. Yet again, the younger male stared and squinted, frowning, like he was going to get an answer out of his unasked question. The very fact that Edgar was not scurrying the felines off for ruining his perfect kitchen wasn't the first indicator for Yuuichi that something was off with the man. It was also the way he replied. Hadn't he made it clear the first day that he'd prefer he and his brother steer clear off the kitchen?

And the way he sounded surprised like I asked such a personal question... He trailed off in his thoughts as he pursed his lips for a moment. There was something he wanted to try out with Edgar. Hopefully, his behind wouldn't be kicked out for the night. After all, what he was going to do was going to be bold... and certainly disrespectful of his elders.

Swallowing tightly, Yuuichi gathered up his courage, glanced again at the cats, and then turned to look back at Edgar as he closed the distance between them. "Hey... Edgar?" His voice almost sounded meek... unsure... while he settled down, standing a little behind the taller male. The black-haired man tilted his head a bit to get a better look at his companion. Edgar really did look different. He seemed to be more at ease than the one he knew. There weren't any creases, too, between his brows. Edgar just seemed mad all the time. Also, had he mentioned that Edgar was showing more emotions and expressions than before?

But there was no doubt about it, there was just something wrong with how the brothers look like they've stepped out from a painting. Could their parents look so... immaculately perfect?

Sure, Matthew looked good but these two - Edgar, especially - outstood him. Yuuichi, on the other hand, could only boast about how he looked younger for his age. That was the power of the Asian genes.

Idly, he wondered. If Edgar and Bran grew old... would they still look like movie stars?

"Do I... uh... get a plate to cover this as I heat it up?" As if to emphasize his point, he raised the plate of food Edgar prepared for him before their movie night. The male grinned sheepishly. "I'm not sure how you do it. Would hate to mess up one of your... err... precious things."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 PM

Edgar visibly bristled with annoyance. This time, he didn't need to peer over his shoulder to know that Yuuichi was uncomfortably close to him. Now this was more like the usual Edgar...and yet, it wasn't. He wasn't uneasy because of how close this person was to him. No, he was obviously on-edge because the younger man was craning his neck and trying to sneak a peek at his face. He showed no hints of fear...just unease. The last thing he wanted was a round of unnecessary questions...or accusations.

It wasn't a good idea to make him angry. He was the eldest of the two brothers, and if he wanted their new roommates gone he would make it happen with or without Bran's approval. Bran was the one who initially proposed looking for roommates to help with their bills, and it took weeks of wheedling and pleading before his blonde twin finally caved in.

This close, it was clear to see that he and Bran looked very much alike. Identical, even. If they were identical twins (and that was most definitely the case here...the looks were far too similar), that meant that one of the brothers had dyed their hair. Most likely Bran. And Bran must have been wearing contacts all this time. Bran went out of his way to look as different as he possibly could from his brother, with his dyed hair, contacts, and various piercings and tattoos...maybe so that people stopped confusing them.

"I suppose you could cover it with a plate," Edgar retorted stiffly. "But I would not bother dirtying a clean plate for this purpose. The microwave is in need of a good scrubbing anyway." And he would get right to that as soon as the cats were properly fed. And speaking of which...

As he spoke, he finished divvying up the meats between the three bowls. He couldn't get away from Yuuichi quickly enough. He carefully set the three bowls of cat food on the counter--the two cats already there tucked in at once, but the hefty cat still lingering on the cat tree didn't seem to want to get any closer. The blonde tutted and strolled out into the living room, sock-covered feet making little to no noise on the carpet. He reached out without a care in the world and snatched up the big red tomcat, who started to hiss initially...but then he relaxed, though he fixed a murderous stare on Yuuichi as Edgar hauled him into the kitchen. He went straight for his food after the man set him down.

Wasn't this the cat that Bran claimed was practically feral? If that was the case...why did Spaghetti allow Edgar to pick him up without much of a fuss?

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-14-2015, 02:44 AM

"Ahhh," came the breathy reply from the male, "All right." Yuuichi hadn't noticed nor seen the way the other bristled with annoyance. It was either he was careless or just very insensitive. "Thanks!" Grinning as he finally stepped back to get back to heating his food, he took off the wrap over the plate before popping it into the microwave. While he set it up to heat in three minutes, the male leaned against the counter, shifted to cross his arms over his chest, and then went back to watching Edgar.

There was still something he couldn't pinpoint was different with the other man.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to ask another question, he was caught by surprise at the man who easily picked the tomcat up like it wasn't just about to shred him to pieces. "Whoa," he said with awe, the sides of his lips soon turning up into a small smile before he broke into a light, and pretty hearty chuckle, "Cool. Looks like it really does like you and still wants to kill me."

Yuuichi uncrossed his arms and slid his hands into the confines of his pockets. He was still dressed in his uniform - an all white nursing uniform which had a couple of stains here and there. Stains that were obviously taken from the hospital and brought home. "By the way, where are my brother and yours? Wasn't it movie night today? Was expecting them to be here when I was." Tucking his upper lip a little into his lower lip, the male moved his gaze back at the microwave to see just how many more seconds he had to wait. Oh, and it was certainly starting to smell good to which his stomach replied with a happy grumble.

Once it was close to ready, the male pushed himself off the counter to grab a spoon, took the plate from the microwave at the first ding, and went to join the cats on the island counter. He did, however, make sure to give them a good distance away so he wouldn't get their fur on his food. And, like the first time he'd tasted Edgar's food, his eyes lit up from the first bite as a smile graced his lips.

He couldn't be any more happier having good food the moment he got home. As if that wasn't enough, he added:

"I really love your cooking, Edgar."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 AM

"He adores me," Edgar replied simply, watching his cats carefully. He had to make sure that he was there to rush in if Spaghetti finished first. That ginger tom was an aggressive glutton, and he would immediately try to devour the other cats' food if Edgar wasn't there to stop him. "He always has. He was initially feral and lived in a junkyard, but he took a liking to me and I decided to bring him home." And give the filthy junkyard cat a bath. That wasn't a fun experience in the slightest.

The blonde leaned forward slightly. Just as he predicted, Spaghetti was in the process of sucking up that food like the highest-quality Dyson vacuum. He had to move quickly if he did finish first. Edgar glanced briefly at Yuuichi when he spoke, but immediately turned his gaze back on the cats. "We watched a horror thriller that involved dolls. Bran despises dolls, and he just could not bring himself to lie down afterward. He decided to leave for a while with Chaos and ride around on his motorcycle to clear his mind. I believe your brother left shortly afterward to do the same thing."

His voice took on a rather amused tone. Oh, yeah...he'd already caught on that Matthew was the biggest of wussies when it came to scary things, and he'd definitely be using that to his advantage.

Just moments after Yuuichi took a seat at the island counter, the hefty cat Spaghetti finished his food. Edgar raced forward like a bat out of hell, but the reason why quickly made itself known--Spaghetti towered intimidatingly over the long-haired gray cat and his half-eaten bowl of goodies, who arched his back defensively and hissed, preparing for a showdown. Before Spaghetti could strike, Edgar snatched him up. The angry tom yowled his displeasure, struggling wildly in his grasp for a couple of seconds. When he finally did calm down, a low, unpleasant noise escaped him, like a spoiled child grumbling because he didn't get that new toy he wanted so badly.

"You are such a brat." Edgar rolled his eyes at the cat's antics...and the cat actually looked annoyed by his words, almost as if...he could understand him. The gray-haired cat seemed wildly amused, too. The cats could understand him when he spoke. Humming to himself, the handsome blonde strode across the living room to deposit Spaghetti safely on the cat tree once more.

"Oh?" Unlike before, when Edgar seemed pleased that someone liked his food, he sounded almost indifferent now. "Thank you. I do my best." This...was strange. At some points, he seemed so similar to his old self, at at other points, he was a completely different person!

Just after he spoke, heavy footsteps lumbered down the stairs. Bacon the chubby Corgi raced downstairs, heaving from the effort it took, and bolted straight to where Yuuichi was eating, wiggling his tailless rear end and attempting to look as adorable as possible. From his cat tree, Spaghetti hissed out his displeasure. He must not have liked that dog. "Oh, no." Edgar rolled his eyes. "Here comes trouble. I implore you, please do not give him too many scraps. He is on a strict diet. He needs to lose weight." Bacon raced around the kitchen island to peer at Edgar, looking offended, and then raced immediately back to Yuuichi, putting on his best and cutest dopey face.

He could understand Edgar, too.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 AM

Yuuichi blinked a bit at Edgar's reply. He wasn't sure whether the other was boasting about or simply stating a fact. If he was boasting, wouldn't that mean that the animals were fond of Edgar? The male tilted his head a bit to the side before he'd straightened up again. "You just... decided to bring him home," he repeated with a hum, "I'm sure lots of people do that." Though, really. He couldn't see how Edgar would like such a cat who only seems to be worried about himself. Just as the male was about to give himself another spoonful of his dinner, he suddenly stopped upon setting his sights on Spaghetti who just happened to suck up all that food.

Like a vacuum cleaner.

What the... The male frowned. He set his spoon down for a moment to cross his arms over the counter while he watched them all. Apparently, he didn't have to wait long. Spaghetti seemed to want more of the meal - even though it wasn't his own - and he was on the process of stealing some. Until Edgar, of course, got him - picked him up from the table. "Yeah. My brother doesn't like horror movies of all kinds. He hates the ones especially that has to do with the supernatural and has a complete, well, mind-blowing plot."

The sides of his lips pulled up into a slight smirk. "It's amusing just watching him watch horror movies." Snickering, the male shook his head and picked up his spoon again. He'd just eatan a spoonful of his dinner when he noticed the heavy footsteps that sounded awfully familiar. "Oh, no." Oh no? Raising his brows, Yuuichi turned to look over his shoulder and then down at the dog. There were a lot of things happening, and he was certainly amused. "Oh. Yeah. Of course." Glancing up at Edgar, he then moved his gaze back to the dog and smiled apologetically. "Sorry, pal. Would love to give you some but I don't think I'd like to know how your owner is when he's angry."

Yuuichi reached down with his free hand to pet Bacon before he resumed eating. "How'd he grow that big, anyway? And, you guys really do spoil your pets rotten. I can see why they love you both. Spaghetti over there, too, with you."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM

"He was ill, and nothing but skin and bones. I adore animals. I had been feeding him for upwards of a month before I finally took him in. I could not just simply allow him to perish out there, alone in the junkyard." Why was his speech so painfully formal? He seemed incapable of using contractions in his words when before he used them freely. "All of our animals are misfits, and they were rescued and spared a terrible fate."

Edgar jerked his head in the direction of the other two cats, the long-haired gray tom and the patchwork calico she-cat. "Pistachio here--that is the gray cat--came to us from an unknown location. He materialized on our doorstep while we were suffering through the tail end of a hurricane in our hometown. We let him in, and he has been here ever since. We found Frankenstein in our hometown, as well. Someone must have thrown her out of a higher-story window, because her two front legs were shattered. She is perfectly healthy now, of course."

The blonde stood on his tip-toes so that he could see Bacon, who seemed disappointed that Yuuichi wasn't going to pass him some delicious table scraps. "Bacon came to us from a hoarding situation. A woman in our hometown lived with more than fifty Pembroke Welsh Corgis. Bacon was only a puppy at the time. We adopted him from the local SPCA. As for the dog that belongs to Bran..." Edgar sighed, stretching his arms up and behind his head. He didn't appear to be mentally tired...but perhaps he was physically exhausted. "Chaos was born and bred to become a fighting dog. Bran was the one who rescued him, and he never did share the details of the rescue...so perhaps you would be better off asking him."

After dishing out the details on their furry companions, Edgar leaned back more against the counter, watching the eating cats carefully. It didn't take very long for Pistachio to finish--the gray cat hopped off of the counter and made a beeline for the stairs. Frankenstein took a while longer to finish, but she lingered, giving herself a decent tongue bath. She was by far the friendliest of the three cats. Edgar stepped forward, pausing to scratch the lingering she-cat behind the ears, and snatched up the three bowls, heading straight for the sink. "He overeats, and he is lazy." he explained idly as he began scrubbing the bowls. "Bran also feeds him table scraps."

The blonde Royce brother stacked the bowls together and put them away, up in one of the higher cabinets. "There are snack foods in the refrigerator and the lower cabinets, if you are still hungry after finishing." Yet again, almost awkwardly formal. "I am going to head upstairs and perhaps play a video game. I will use my headset, so I do not disturb you if you are planning on sleeping."

With a polite nod, Edgar excused himself, scaling the stairs silently. Only an irate Spaghetti, all curled up on the cat tree, a desperately begging Bacon, and the she-cat Frankenstein remained now. She outright ignored Yuuichi, too intent on licking her paws clean. Bran mentioned before that their cats were elusive and not always fond of human contact...so it was probably best not to disturb her. Bacon tried every begging tactic in the book. He tried to look as dopey as possible. Then he panted and pounded his front feet on the floor. After that, he ran around in quick circles, snorting like a pig. Once he finished with that, the Corgi just sat there, totally quiet, and stared profusely at Yuuichi.

Oh, yes. He was a master at begging.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 AM

The way Edgar was speaking was so painstakingly formal. It gave Yuuichi the creepers. Not that he was saying Edgar was creepy or anything; it was just... the way he spoke made him want to give him a little punch to wake him from his slumber. Hopefully, the other wasn't talking in sleep. "That explains why they're so attached to you guys." When the other started on with the tales of each of their pets, he couldn't help but find himself listening. Intently, too.

The fates of these animals, indeed, were spared thanks to the brothers. Somehow, someway, at least that kept his mind off the thought that Edgar was being creepy. The sides of his lips pulled up into a small smile as he tore his gaze away from the cats to the dog who was still waiting for him to give him scraps. He'd just eaten his second to the last spoonful of food when he'd heard Edgar sighing. The shuffle of clothes, too, caught his attention. Returning his gaze back to the man, he raised his eyebrows a tad. "Then," he started, "Bran has a guard dog with him right now. Cool."

Chewing languidly, the male put his spoon back down as he leaned back a bit in the air. He nodded once at Edgar's permission to leave and momentarily frowned. "Thanks, uh... sir?" Yet again, he took his spoon. "Also, you really don't have to speak too formally. Enjoy gaming, Ed." Waving it about as he watched the man's retreating back, Yuuichi, yet again, turned to look down at the dog.

He was just about to open his mouth to talk to Bacon when the Pembroke Welsh Corgie started doing that thing that made him look awfully adorable. The Asian male snorted before breaking out into laughter. "Fine," he started in between breaths. He ate his last spoonful of food before he'd scrapped the last of his dinner. Moving to get off his stool, the male kneeled by the dog and held it out to him. "Careful not to make it fall off from the spoon, though. I'm pretty sure Edgar can sniff a mess from afar."

While Bacon busied himself with the food, Yuuichi, on the other hand, pet him and hummed thoughtfully. "But really, Edgar's pretty weird today. Is he always like that, Bacon?"

Matthew rubbed his hands together and pulled his coat tighter around him. He was seated on a bench by the bus stop, the street light being his only source of light in the dark area. Okay, maybe it wasn't too dark. There were establishments still open even in the wee hours of the morning. That is to say, he was probably in the red light district - a bit far from the house uptown. He hadn't really thought about where he was going. He was just walking, taking turns, and somehow, he ended up here.

That, and he seemed to have forgotten his wallet. Not that he couldn't walk back home. It might just take a while. "I should've probably brought my phone with me, too," the male mumbled under his breath, it condensing every time he breathed out. Was Yuuichi already asleep now? He was worried. He'd gotten home safe, right?

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 01-16-2015, 04:55 AM

"Sir?" The blonde's voice was riddled with repressed laughter--he was about halfway up the stairway when this escaped him. Sir? He was no sir! Oh, he was just tickled by that statement! Now that was certainly out of character. Edgar seemed like such a serious and reserved person. It was a feat to eke even a simple smile out of him, let alone laughter! This interaction grew stranger and stranger with each passing moment.

Thankfully, the peculiarity came to an end once Edgar made his way up the stairs and disappeared out of sight. It sounded like he was rummaging around, perhaps searching for a video game to play.

Bacon knew better than to really lay on the begging until his unpredictable blonde master vacated the premises. Edgar carefully controlled his diet. This dog must have had a slow metabolism, because slim, heavily-muscled Chaos didn't have the same dietary restrictions and he rarely gained weight. Once he was certain that Edgar was gone for good, he continued to beg even after Yuuichi burst out laughing, twirling around in circles and lolling his tongue out of the side of his mouth.

Victory! He squealed in delight when the last remnants of the of food was offered to him. He was on it in an instant, shoveling food into his face while the human ran his fingers along his fur. His tailless rump shook happily--this was how he wagged his nonexistent tail. Once he finished the food, he jumped up with his stubby legs, cheerfully giving the human's face a lick. After that, he waddled back toward the stairs and headed to the second floor.

Probably going to have himself a snooze. Lazy Corgi.

The quiet of the night was suddenly shattered by the sound of an approaching motor. A glimmering crimson Harley Davidson came rocketing down the street. It passed Matthew at a high rate of speed. But then...it suddenly stopped and made a U-turn in the middle of the road. It headed back down the street, moving much more slowly...and then it stopped right in front of the bus stop. The road was deserted, so it seemed perfectly safe for the bike to temporarily stop right there. There were two riders--one human and once canine, all wrapped up in what looked like a homemade harness and wearing a pair of swimming goggles to protect his eyes.

The rider popped his helmet off...and lo and behold, it was none other than Bran and his trusty Doberman Chaos. He flashed Matthew his most charming smile.

"Hey there. What on Earth are you doing around here?" Those blue eyes squinted into the darkness. "This is a pretty seedy area. But, uh..." A hopeful glint sparked in those eyes. "If you're not wanting to head home yet...there's a bar down the street that allows dogs. It has pretty kick-ass food, too."

An unofficial date, perhaps?