Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 PM

He had spent the last 15 years of his life fighting to be accepted as the head of the company and a business man in his own rights. Building Glendyne Industrys up from just a small little company given to him at his father’s death. It had not been much just a little hole in the wall manufacturing plant but now it was the leader in technology manufacturing and development. Gabriel Brothers had not had any interest in it when he was given it, but now that he had made it his own and made it more successful than theirs, they wanted it. His older brother James was trying to make a power play in the stock market and gain control that way. Gabriel scoffed at the lack of modern knowlage that showed for James.

It was his second oldest brother that had him worried, Vincent, he was working the market and the papers to bring down Gabriel. He was doing nothing to harm the company just whispering in the right ears to cause the others on the board to think he was stall to young to run the company. Vincent had worked so hard with his gabs in the press that now Gabriel faced a vote from the board that would determine if he was to stay at the head of the company or step down.

Cows Go Moo:

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 AM

"Glendyne Industries' Stock Prices Plummet. Gabriel Glendyne's Forest Fixation Fails Investors. Vincent Glendyne Unites Construction Sea to Shining Sea."

Nathaniel Grey, Vice President of Glendyne Industries, read off the headlines of each newspaper that he had been given by the President of Public Relations, each with increasing disdain as he paced around the meeting room.

"What we have here is a nightmare of both PR and business," he announced, "ever since we began the Icathica Housing Project we have been losing more and more of our profits trying to penetrate the forest's land."

"And not only that, but Vincent has been slinging our name through the mud!" one of the other board members protested.

"I think you mean Mr. Glendyne sir."

"Oh to hell with the formalities Jane!" the Vice President exclaimed, "what we need right now is a way to minimize our losses."

"Well with the way Mr. Glendyne has been cornering us we might have to have Mr. Glendyne er Gabriel resign unless we want to look bull-headed." Jane said, almost whispering.

"That's your job isn't it?"

Many of the other board members clamored in agreement, only to be silenced by the Vice President.

"I agree with you Lawrence, but Jane brings up a good point," "a housing project is noble, but we have investors to appease and it isn't simply a matter of garnering support from the poor."

Again, the other board members agreed.

"So, all in favor of resigning raise your hand."

Many raised their hands while three out of ten did not.

"Like I said, Vincent is just dragging our name through the mud. You aren't giving Gabriel a fair chance."

"We've given him plenty of chances and it's always been Vincent saving him every time that he's screwed up!"

"We or you Jane? Lawrence asked, leaning back, "you're letting your emotions blind you."

The older man stood, approaching the front of the room and turning to the entirety of the board.

"I know how everyone feels, but let me remind you that the I have worked with Glendyne Industries from its inception until now when I am well into my retirement years. I have seen great leaders, terrible leaders, and good leaders. We need to give Gabriel one more chance to save this company like he did fifteen years before."

"Very well said," the Vice President nodded, "but how does everyone else feel?"

After fifteen more minutes of deliberation the door opened and Jane gestured (perhaps a bit grudgingly) for Gabriel to enter the meeting room.

Lunna Dea

Old 12-21-2014, 07:51 AM

The secretary looked over at Gabriel with pitting eyes. He gritted his teeth as he waited outside the board room waiting for the results of their vote. He did not need her pity he needed her confidants, he needed all the board members confidants. Turning back to look out at the city he had help restore to its rightful glory he tried to relax. When his parents had died leaving the company to him at fourteen he had vowed that he would make something of the little company that seemed to be on its last leg. In fact the lawyer had told him just to sell his stocks in it and be done with the thing before it went belly up. He had taken his time to find out what was going wrong and how to fix it. He had been the one to find the man with all the new ideas being overlooked and bringing him over to Glendyne industrys. It had cost him much of his own personal wealth to get mister Neko, and now they were again voting to boot him out.

The view beyond seemed to mock him, in a sea of his creations the bit of green. The Glen as they called it, the people of the streets who thought he did not notice them. oh he noticed them and their dirty little children. Could they not see he was doing all this for them? Making the city a cleaner place so that they could grow up safe and clean? His teeth cracked as he turned away from the view of the blight on his empire. One day he would claim that land and make it a perfect place for his people. He looked over at the secretary again and saw her look away from him.

He opened his mouth to speak to her, to tell her what he would do for the company in the next few years. He stopped as the doors to the board room opened and Jane looked out and gestured. She was one of the loyal ones, maybe this Christmas he should get her something nice. A set of emeralds perhaps or a new car? He did not like the look on her face but he could not let them see that he was shaken. He had to have confidents that his loyal supporters had won out again and he was to stay on for the next year as head of the company. It sickened him that he did not have controlling Stocks anymore.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-22-2014, 10:23 PM

As the CEO of Glendyne Industries received Jane's fake smile with little more than an acknowledging glance she couldn't help but feel sour at the decision that had been made by the board. Sure, she had been kind to Gabriel for many years, but her loyalties laid with the company first. Well, Vincent if he paid the stipend that he promised.

"Gabriel have a seat," Nathaniel started as the other board members turned to face their CEO, "you have been with this company for a long time, perhaps longer than I've even been in the business world."

A manufactured laugh among the members.

"Bad joke aside, more and more of our investors are leaving this project," he continued, "the Glades are a lost cause and were it anyone else we would have asked you resign; however..."

"However, we have decided to give you one last chance to finish this project," Lawrence cut in, "if you can find out why our machines aren't able to enter then we can move forward and follow this through..."

"...but if you can't we're going to have to ask you to resign," Nathaniel finished, "we will give you two weeks starting tomorrow."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-23-2014, 12:10 AM

Perusing his lips Gabriel shook his head. ”no I think I would rather much stand for what ever news you have to tell me. Last time I was told to sit in that tone of voice my parents had died.” If there were going to kick him out of the business he formed then he was going to slap their face with reminders of what he was and what he had been through.

He leaned on his hands planted at the end of the table as they all laughed at his joke. “the only reason the Glades are loseing the supporters is because of my brother who is pushing to take my seat here at this table with you.” He looked at each of the board members in the face as he spoke. “how much has he offered each of you to vote me off the board. Or what has he threatened you with that you now fear me staying on?” he scoffed at Lawrence’s comment.

“one last chance to hang my self you mean? Two weeks is not enough time to find new investors and find the culprits that have been messing with our machines. I would not be surprised if one of my brothers had their hands in this as well.”

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-23-2014, 06:33 PM

"Mr. Glendyne I think you're being out of line here," Jane warned.

"No let him speak his piece Jane."

Nathaniel frowned at Gabriel's deliberate insolence, but understood his pain nonetheless. He had rebuilt this company, perhaps better than his father ever could and in many ways it was his company now that his father, the older Gabriel, had retired.

"As I've said before we know how you feel Gabriel but that is no reason to being hurling accusations at everyone on this floor, he replied, voice controlled but clearly irritated, "regardless of who is behind this the numbers don't lie. We are losing money over this project, money that could be spent elsewhere. You might not see it, but you are tunneling on that patch of forest and the company has grown weary. You can make excuses all day long, but at the end of the day there is something out there that is ruining our machines and ruining our projects and you need to take responsibility for your actions."

Nods traveled across the board, stopping at Lawrence who sat parallel to Jane.

"Gabriel I was closer to your father than anyone else so it should come as no surprise that I'm the one to break this to you, but we simply cannot give you anymore time. We will take care of the investors, but it is up to you to take care of the Glades. I am telling you that the wise choice is to take this deal and come back with proof. Show these people that they are wrong and stay on the board."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-23-2014, 10:08 PM

“do you really know how I feel?” Gabriel looked at the face around the board. “here I am in the only thing left to me after my parents died and you are going to hand it to my brothers. The PR department should have dealt with the lies in the papers but have they? NO! you who I placed all my trust in should have been telling the investors that they were going to get their money’s worth not just letting them slide away into the dark. Someone on this board should have sent out investigators to find out what is taking our stuff or braking our stuff. But I don’t see any reports about that happening. And now I comes down to me to deal with all of this?” his eyes narrowed as he looked around the board. He felt like they had already decided that no matter what he did they were going to outs him from his company. Had his brothers paid them off? He had just been lashing out with it at frist but… could they have?

“My father did not care for this company, he only bought it up so that Starr Fields could not. He did not care if it died. It would have just been another loss that he would have taken in his greater goal of power. But I made this company great, I made it thrive, I worked night and day to make this city see its power. And now you think you can just outs me because I have not completed the task I set out to do when I started? You think that you puny little men could do half of what I have done with this company?” he scoffed at them. “I think your all little rats trying to jump ship because a little water has entered the hold from above.” Pushing off from the table he glared at the board members. “but I will accept your challenge, I will find out what is destroying our… no MY Property!” turning he stormed from the room.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-23-2014, 11:51 PM

"We've done everything that we could Gabriel. You need to take responsibility for everything you set out to do instead of blaming it on everyone else in the company!" Nathaniel slammed his fist on the desk, "do you honestly think I was dumb enough not to send Jane to snuff out any libel in the papers or sue them Do you think our contractors have done nothing but sit on their asses and twiddle their thumbs? You may have restored this company but I will not stand here and allow you to insult our staff, the staff that backed all of your decisions before you even had your first chest hair."

The room became heated as Jane attempted to calm the Vice President down, only for him to straighten his blazer and let out a breath.

"We supported you because we believed in your abilities as CEO, but as your board members we also have to tell you when something simply isn't working. Right now that happens to be you. You are not working. You are letting all of this success go to your head. Your head."

The other board members went silent as the CEO walked out of the door, leaving Nathaniel's tirade to fall on dead air.

"I'll in my office. Everyone else get back to work."

After Nathaniel left, Jane felt a small vibration and picked up her phone.

"Did everything go as planned?"

"My acting could have used a bit of work, but with Lawrence's nudging and your brother's own bullheadedness, we were able to get Nathaniel wrapped around our fingers."

"That's what I like to hear. With these documents I'm having planned to 'leak' on Wednesday my position should be in the bag."

"Always thinking ahead aren't you Mr. Glendyne?" Jane smiled, "tell me then. How are we so sure that your brother won't come back?"

"The Glades are a dangerous place m'dear. Not even my dear brother can conquer them."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-24-2014, 12:23 AM

“so your telling me that Jane did not find any libel in the papers? That she could not find where my brother has been nibbling away at our investors confidants in us.” Gabriel glared at Jane, so much for giving her something nice this year. “then I think you need to send someone else because its quite clear that he has been buying off the reporters and papers.” He was angry and upset that this man who had supported him for so long now was turning his back on him. Treating him like a resent graduate that had never once proved himself in the business world. Not a business giant who had been at this for fifteen years. For crying out loud he had been listed as the country’s top CEO for the last three years.

The doors slammed behind him as he stormed from the room. He did not care what the board thought of his outburst. They were there to give him advice not take the company from him. this was HIS company, they could jump from the top of the building for all he carried. It was Vincent’s fault, all of it. Everything that had been happening since the Glade’s project started was his fault. Vincent had to be behind everything, the items missing on the work site, the broken machinery, everything was his fault.

Pulling out his phone he dialed his brothers number only to be redirected to his mailbox. “Damm you Vincent, I know your there. You never are without your phone.” He growled into his phone as he punched the button on the elevator. The reflection in the highly polished doors seemed to mock him. a fair haired young man that the magazines all called the most hansom business man available on the market. Not that he was looking for anything, there was no point of finding a partner and making a home if he could lose all he had fought for in a matter of hours. “I know your behind this, know that I am going to skin you when I get the information I need.” Slamming the phone closed he glared at his reflection. Dark violet eyes stared coldly back at him. the bell dinged and he stepped inside the box, the button made a cracking sound under his thumb as he punched in his choice of floor.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-24-2014, 01:57 AM

The conversation between Jane and the other Glendyne continued, with the other man spinning in his chair before hanging up the phone. Every inch gained was a personal victory for him and the fact that Gabriel was imploding under all the pressure was just a plus for him. Still, it was not long before he was alerted by one of his interns of Gabriel's obvious anger.

"What's wrong Mr. Glendyne?"

"I'll have to call you back. It seems my dear brother has gotten wise to our plan."

Ah yes, the youngest Glendyne was a smart man, but also a naive one. The fair-haired boy knew for years that both brothers were gunning for the CEO position yet he could find no definitive proof to oust them with. Perhaps it was a matter of filial piety or a display of arrogance to say that "despite all your efforts I am the true ruler" but it would be his downfall. Unlike Gabe, Vincent was a practical man who knew how to work within his means to get what he needed. Sure, it wasn't the most courageous method, but he was still here wasn't he? He was in the board's favor and he was still guaranteed a spot as head of the company. He simply needed to wait.

Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 12-24-2014 at 02:09 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 12-24-2014, 02:29 AM

The elevator seemed to protest his mistreatment of it as the doors finely opened on the parking floor. Gabriel loosened then pulled off his tie as he moved with determination towards his car. Why had his brothers decided to cut him at the knees? What had he done to them that they felt that he had to go. It was not like he went after their companies. It was not his fault that their works liked his incentives better so jumped ship from theirs to his. He was good at knowing what they would want to make his company work. He tossed the tie into the back seat of his Viper as he jammed the key into the car and revved it up. Maybe he should put the glades on hold and go after one of their company’s, see how they liked it.

The car sputtered as he shifted gears a bit to fast coming out of the parking structure. He cursed and shifted them again hoping the car would not stall out on him. it was one of his few possessions he loved beyond his company. This car had been one of the few things he had that did not remind him of his parents and their death. Last Christmas his brothers had offered him the house they had grown up in, when he turned it down they had started to laugh at him saying that he was afraid of ghosts. He had wanted to tell them that he was not afraid of ghosts just did not want to deal with the memories that would slow him down.

Turning into the traffic he heard horns blare behind him. he was not paying that much attention as he punched in the number of a PI he had known for a while. The phone rang for a bit before the secretary answered it “Ronald Lannister’s office.” Her voice was perky and grated on his nerves. Normally he would give her a complement but today was not that day.

“Sindy put Ron on the phone.” The growl making it clear that he did not want to be small talked to.

“Going to have to put you on hold, he is in a meeting.” He could hear her click her gum in the back of her mouth as she spoke.

“Sure, tell him its dire. There may be a bonus.” When cows fly. The man was supposed to be available at any time of day to him, not hiding in some meeting.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-26-2014, 08:54 PM

"I'll try, but no promises," she said.

From Gabriel's side, there might have been the sound of some distant yelling (mainly from Sindy's side), but even so it didn't stop those two from continuing to shout.

"Ron, there's a call for you from Gabe! He says it's serious!"

"Tell him I'm in a meeting!"

"I already told you it's serious!"

"Well tell that brat that I don't revolve around what he thinks is and isn't serious!"

The secretary sighed and phone as the Lannister walked back into his office.

"I am really sorry, but it should only be a minute."

Sindy waited perhaps fifteen minutes before taking Gabriel off hold. It seemed that Ron cared little for the nonexistent bonus he was going to receive.

"What is it Gabriel? I understand that it is imperative that you win these little slap fights with your family but I was in a very, very important meeting," he asked, voice thick with condescension.

He was sitting at his desk now, pouring himself a cup of coffee (black as was custom for private detectives) while his phone was between his shoulder and his ear. The Lannister kept everything between clients and himself in order to ensure the privacy of every case (as well as prevent rats from getting into the system).

"Mm no Sindy this won't do," he spat, "make a new one. This pot turned cold."

"Well sir, if you used a machine instead of insisting on a French Press..."

"Sindy you are a secretary not a chef. You don't get to criticize my coffee-making habits."

"Well don't blame me if you find coffee grounds at the bottom of your cup then."

She rolled her eyes and left the room while Ronald pored over the case files. As it was, their investigation of the missing child in the Glades was heading nowhere. All he had gathered from the meeting and his informants was that the girl, teenager really, had been a Wiccan who had blown all her money to learn magic (as if that existed). Her parents, in their anger, drove her to run away so now she was gone. The Glades seemed like the only lead, but who in their right mind would go in there?

Lunna Dea

Old 12-26-2014, 09:21 PM

While Ron and his secretary yelled at each other Gabriel fumed at the slowing of the traffic around him. weather it was on purpose or just by chance he felt that this like everything else today was meant as an insult to him. as she spoke back into the phone he gritted his teeth. “well it better only be a minute. Who paid for him to start this PI business.” The phone clicked over to the flighty music that Ron insisted was meant to sooth his clients . make them feel like they were empowered, to give them confidants in him. Gabriel found it to grate more on his nerves then usual.

A car cut him off almost swiping the viper, he cursed the driver as he flipped him off. The traffic slowed even more. If this kept up he would reach the glade by midnight. When he finely was taken off hold he was yelling obscenities at the cars nearby as they got to close to his car. “FINELY! And no I am not trying to win this battle of word with my brothers. I thought you swore to me that I would always come frist in your books. If this is what….” He bit his tongue knowing that this was not going to get him anything he needed. “sorry.” the word did not have a ring of being sorry but more like he knew he should say it and hated to. “I am in need of information.”

He swore again as he was pushed off the freeway onto a ramp when another car jumped lanes to also take the exit. If he did not know better he would have thought that this person had purpusly moved his car to push Gabriel’s car onto that ramp. But then he shook his head not beliving that anyone would do that. “It’s that damm glades. I need all you have on it and then some.” He slowed for the light and looked around. He had never been to this part of the city. It was nice and clean but something about it did not seem right. The way the people who walked on the streets looked from the corners of their eyes as they shuffled along quickly. No one seemed to be looking at each other or wanting to look up where they were going. “I am losing property there and no one knows what it is that is…”

He cursed again as a young boy dashed out in front of him as the light turned green. Slamming his hand on his horn he smiled as the boy jumped and dashed back onto the sidewalk. “taking it.” He finished as if he had not just cursed out a kid. “how soon can you have the stuff sent to my computer?” he would have to find a place between here and the glades that had wifi, the coffee shop on the corner did not look like a place he would want to stop even if he was not in a hurry. A rundown Toyota suddenly turned acrossed his path, causing him to have to turn as well.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-27-2014, 01:53 AM

By the time that Sindy arrived with a fresh pot of coffee Gabriel had an earful for the middle-aged detective who honestly, couldn't care less about the brat. Well that wasn't entirely true. The Glendyne had paid him very handsomely to keep Vincent and James from knowing more than any other employee could. Granted, he wasn't enough to keep Gabriel's brothers from hiring their own informants but he did the best that he could with the funding that he received. Gabriel wanted to defend himself in the angriest way possible, but wizened up as soon as he realized that it wasn't going to get him anywhere.

In the background there was a lot of honking and zipping around which made Ronald think that the man must have been driving. Tsk. Tsk.

"You know you shouldn't be driving right Glendyne?" he said with a shake of his head, I understand your need for information but it shouldn't come at a paying client's life."

Still...

The businessman said something about the Glades which piqued the Lannister's interest enough that he nearly stood from his (very decrepit) chair. Why do you need to know about the Glades?

Ah right, the Icathica Housing Project. As much as he wanted to, Vincent Glendyne kept shoving the fact that the project was failing in everyone's faces via social media and print. It was nearly impossible to turn a corner without the politician attempting to discredit his brother in some form. It made Ron happy that he was a neutral party, but worried at the same time because the Glades were not a natural place so to speak. Sure, Ron himself was getting involved on an indirect level but Gabriel was likely to seek retribution against Vincent. The Glades would only be a stepping stone. And Ronald was no fool. If his information was merely a means to an end he wanted money for it.

"I've emailed you all the necessary files, but as always you'll need a password to decrypt it. Have the money wired to the usual place and Sindy will send you a code by midnight, tonight."

He took the first of many sips of coffee before smiling.

"And do be careful Gabriel. You of all people know how powerful your head is."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-27-2014, 02:10 AM

“I am fallowing the law, you’re on speaker.” Gabriel said as he tried to find his way through the rat maze that he was now in because of the car that pushed him off the freeway. “the Glades is going to be the cost of my business if I cant fix it. Which means you too with be out of a job with me.” Reaching over he tapped the screen of his phone and pulled up his bank. Typing in the access code he sighed. He was lucky he had looked up as a car ran a red light right in front of him forcing him onto another side street.

Finely pulling over Gabriel pulled up his tablet and pulled out everything he would need to transfer the funds. “how much do you need for this bit and can I get you to rush me what you have right now? I need to know it as soon as possible. I am going over to the work site to see what I can today.” Looking out of the window of his car he shivered as he made sure the doors were locked and there was no one around. He did not like the look of this street any more then he had liked the last few he had been on.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-27-2014, 08:18 PM

Hearing Gabriel's distress always gave Ronald a bit of malicious joy, but the businessman was right. If he was a job, Ron would be out of a huge chunk of future money. He continued sipping his coffee while attaching all of his files into a single file and encrypting it. It was a quick process to assemble everything, but the last few photos made him hesitate. There were scans of the entries of the teenager (Taylor)'s diary that talked about the sort of world the Glades was, but what she wrote sounded less like a diary and more mad ramblings. It was hard to pick out the gold from the dirt. Nonetheless, it was worth sending. If he was lucky, Gabriel might even retrieve the girl for him.

"Hm given that I had to cut the meeting short and that you want it ASAP" he asked as he sent the email, "I'd say thirty-five hundred is a good deal wouldn't you? I don't usually give out information on other clients but I thought you might find these pieces helpful."

Hitting the send button, the information should have popped up in Gabriel's email along with a password-protected folder.

"This is everything I have now, but if anything else pops up I'll forward it to you."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-28-2014, 06:13 AM

“two thousand with one thousand if your information is helpful.” He knew that he was pushing it but he also knew that he could be without this money and any more money from the business if the information did not turn out. “so your saying that you have another client that has dealing with the Glades as well? How much can you divulge of this client? Could they help me in any way do you think?”

Typing in his code he transferred the two thousand dollars. “the key would be nice.”

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-29-2014, 07:52 AM

"Don't be such a cheapskate Gabriel I'm helping you out here!" Ronald exclaimed as he watched the numbers in his bank account rack up.

He smiled when the two thousand dollars finally finished transferring before emailing the code in full. It seemed that the businessman wanted to know more, especially about that missing girl who just so happened to walk into the Glades as well (at least as far as Ronald deduced). Perfect opportunity to rack up another few hundred.

"Oh I don't know Gabe. Her parents are paying me quite a bit of money to keep all of this under wraps, he shrugged, "but if you must know a girl went missing the other day trying, as her parents said, 'to find the Glades'. I've sent you some diary entries, but they're just a bunch of ramblings about using magic and whatnot."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 AM

“I am not being a cheapskate” Gabriel growled as he looked over his bank account and wondered if he really would have enough money to survive if he lost the company. He would have to sell his house and cars of course. Maybe not his Viper but the others would have to go. Then there was trying to find another job. His brothers would not allow him to gain a position in any of the other companies that were in town. At least those positions that would give him enough power to challenge them and keep his life style. Maybe he should have seen more women and made alliances with others. Maybe he should have not stepped on the toes of some of the well off. But that was behind him and this was in front. “ I am now having to watch my accounts more then I would like because of my brothers and the Glades. If I am able to salvage this then there may be more in it for you. It all comes down to what position I am in once this is over.”

Pulling up his email he smiled at the code that had appeared. Entering it into the field that the zip file asked for he raised his eyebrows at the information. ((how much info did he get?)) “just think of it this way, I most likely will find out information on this young woman that you need to find so I will be helping you make money. Even if it is not money that I am putting into your account.” Flicking his finger acrossed his screen he flipped through the papers. “What makes people think that the glades have magic…” his question was cut off as a gunshot sounded near his car. “have to go talk to you later.” He spewed out before hanging up. He was on his own.

Starting his car again he took off down the street, his right hand flying over his phone screen trying to pull up maps of the area. His eye half on the road was the only thing that seemed to be keeping him from crashing into the cars that kept cutting him off as he drove through the slums. The place seemed to him to become more and more rundown. A chance turn took him out of the area and away from the cars that seemed to be trying to kill him. Yet his phone could not find a GPS signal for him and then it just turned off. No matter what he tried to do he could not start it back up.

Something burst out of an ally way and he swerved to avoid it, his viper slipped on a slick spot and careened out of control. Next thing he knew he was sitting up, his face covered in powder from the air bag. His side hurt him and he could not fully focus on what was in front of him. reaching up he hissed as his hands made contact with what must be a cut on his face. The windshield was spider webbed from whatever he had run into. Nearby he could hear angry voices and he did not want to have to deal with upset people if he had hit some ones pet or a human.

Grabbing his tablet he ripped the charge cable out and stuffed it into his bag. A gun shot rang out and he flinched hoping that it would not hit him. Another had him running in a blind panic. Through alley ways and down streets that seemed empty he ran. Always the sound of shots behind him. he could not tell how far away they were or if they were gaining. All he knew was if he was going to survive this he had to get out of sight.

Up ahead he saw what looked to be the edge of a park. A bit more overgrown then he would have thought possible with the laws of the city but there was enough coverage that he could safely hide there to avoid the men shooting at him. Running in he cursed as the leaves added to the many cuts on his skin. Any open skin he had that had not yet been marked was marked in moments. His side ached with pain from all the running, he once would have thought he was in perfect shape.

Clutching his bag to his chest he curled up in the roots of a tree trying to hide from the sounds of pursuit. Moments later the stress of the day and the lose of blood lulled him to sleep. The wounds were not life treating but they were enough that he would be in pain when he moved again.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-30-2014, 05:05 AM

"Maybe you wouldn't have to if you'd lived more of a reserved life instead of blowing your money on fancy cars," Ronald shrugged.

The information unlocked and several text files popped up on his screen, mainly regarding the girl. It seemed that she'd unlocked a wealth of very strange and not entirely trustworthy information; however, it was enough that she was able to go missing around the exact area that the forest was located. But did that mean the Glades did have magic? Ron was about as sure as Gabriel on that question.

"Usually the simplest explanation is the most likely to be true, but in this case-" before he could finish the businessman hung up, leaving Ronald to his coffee and cases that were at least a little less irritating.

---

From the east entrance of the forest Branimir felt a rustling followed by the high pitched yelps of two green-haired pixies.

"Branimir! Branimir!"

"What is it children?" he asked, "get into another argument?"

"What? No this is serious!" one of them fumed, "we found a human lying by the edge of the forest!"

Branimir froze for a second before jumping out of the tree he'd been lying in.

"Were they hurt?" he asked, morphing into his stag form, "how long have they been there?"

"Uhm honestly we're not sure," the smaller pixie confessed, "we found him while we were playing some games but he looks like he's in pretty bad shape. We tried splashing him with some water but he's out cold."

"Then it's best we hurry him to the shelter."

The trio quickened their pace toward the unconscious man, arriving in record time and allowing an even faster journey to the north where Branimir had built his shelter. After bringing him inside Branimir chanted a few words to help along the strangely clothed man's healing process before shooing the pixies away. He was the first visitor they'd had in a long time, fifty years perhaps (although time operated at a different pace within the Glades) so the clothing always changed, but the faces were still very much the same.

"What's your story human? How did you end up here?" he whispered, more to himself than the other man, and transformed into his twelve-year old self. Perhaps it would be less alarming for him to see an child than another adult.

His child form was but four feet tall with a cherubic face, big, green eyes, and tanned skin that resembled an athlete more than a wild child. His sun-kissed hair however grew in wild, unruly waves with leaves and branches caught in every lock. Were it not for the forest nymphs he probably would be tripping over every step.

((Just a note that we can definitely introduce more "rules" or quirks to the forest once we move inside))

Lunna Dea

Old 12-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Warmth was the first thing he realized as he started to wake up. Where ever he was it was warm and oddly comfortable. There was a smell of must and Loam in the room but he could not tell why, not without opening his eyes. And right now Gabriel did not want to open his eyes or face the day. He wanted the whole ordeal to have just been a bad dream and that he had fallen asleep waiting for the board to reach a decision. Soon someone would tap him on the shoulder and tell him that the board had voted and he was still CEO no strings attached. But the part of him that was waking up knew that he was not in his home, office, or car. He was someplace else.

Opening his eyes slowly he looked around, a child stood nearby looking at him. a wild, untamed, beastly looking child. Slowly he sat up trying to move away from the child. It looked like it might have rabies or some disease like that. Its hair was natty and filthily. Its eyes seemed to bug out of its head like it was afraid of something, and its skin… was that dirt all over its skin that made it that color or was it just naturally dark? No it had to be dirt, what child with that hair would not have dirty skin. Slowly he looked passed the kid trying to figure out where he was.

“where are your parents? Where is this?” he said it slow thinking that any child this dirty had never seen the inside of a school before, let alone learned how to talk properly. “go scamper off and get your Mummy or Daddy.” He waved his hand to the opening that seemed to be a door.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-31-2014, 01:30 AM

It was a while before the suit-wearing man woke up, but when he did Branimir was able to finally observe him in his natural not-dead state. Humans hadn't changed much physically over the course of his life but the fashions surely had. This suit, he identified, vaguely resembled those of another year but lacked the bold colors or broad shoulders so he assumed much had changed outside. The last human who entered the forest told him that most men wore suits on important occasions. Suits consisted of a cloth necklace called a "tie", a solid color of pants, and something called a "blazer." He didn't really understand that word since the piece of clothing wasn't on fire and didn't protect from it either. It seemed misleading, but she assured him it was for a lack of a better name.

She was a fashion designer by trade and even attempted to make Branimir clothing, but it was hard to get him to wear anything that wasn't loose fitting. Even now he wore a chiton tied around the waist for the sake of modesty but also not to upset the weary traveler. He tilted his head toward the awoken human before getting off the old table in the room.

"Parents?" he asked before shaking your head, "I think you're mistaken. You're in the Glades right now and I'm here as your guardian."

Lunna Dea

Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 AM

Looking at Branimir Gabriel blinked a few times as he tried to process what this young child meant. Was he saying that he had no parents or that he was not going to get them. “your Parents,” he spoke slowly trying to make sure that the kid understood. “you’re a child, you have parents. Maybe they are the ones that brought me here.” He shook his head. “no there is no way this is the Glades, I was no where near the Glades let alone this… this…” he tried to think of a word that would work but was not profane. “this slum be in the glades.”

There was no way that he could have ended up in the Glades. He had been miles from it when he first left his car. He remembered that he had seen the map and the Glades were nowhere near his location as he ran for them gun fire. “how could you be a guardian let alone My Guardian.” His voice made it clear as he spoke that he was not going to believe anything that the little kid said. “your just a little pipsqueak, I could brake you with my hand. No I need to see the adult that’s in charge of you. Your parent.” He sat up and moved to go to the door to leave.

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-31-2014, 08:38 PM

The traveler was awfully condescending for someone whose life Branimir just saved. Obviously he had no idea about what the forest did or even who Branimir was which was to be expected since he was human but it was rather bothersome that he would act so presumptuous.

"My parents passed long ago," Branimir responded, eyebrows knitting, "I don't understand why you're asking."

The guardian looked down at himself before remembering the form he was in. Ah yes, he chose this form specifically because it was childlike and in the outside world, all children had parents.

“How could you be a guardian let alone my guardian? You're just a little pipsqueak. I could break you with my hand. No, I need to see the adult that’s in charge of you. Your parent.”

In this case the human's parents didn't raise him correctly. Branimir was used to dealing with people in disbelief, but they still made him sigh now and then. What was so hard about believing that he was the guardian? He surely looked the part despite his height. He put his hand out to stop the human when he readied himself to head out of the shelter with a strength perhaps unnatural for a human his physical age before shooting him an annoyed look.

"I understand you might be alarmed but do not judge a man by his appearance."

As if to prove his point, Branimir whispered a few words and his body glowed white for a few seconds before growing into that of a thirty year-old man.

His eyes and skin remained the same color, but his was face now chiseled rather than cherubic. What used to be a four foot body grew into a muscular man towering at six feet. His garb too had grown along with him but his hair remained the same, disheveled state.

"Now let me be clear," he said, "I am not your guardian. I am the forest's guardian. I was not obligated to save you, but I did so because you found your way here. The least you could do is allow me to explain what happened."

Lunna Dea

Old 01-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Child Branimir’s response only upset Gabriel even more. For a child to have no parents and to be living in what looked to be a lean too was just unacceptable. No child should be left to forge for itself let alone try to live in a bit of wilds. Granted the Glade was not a large as some of the forests out there but there were still wild dogs that would do a kid harm.

Stepping back Gabriel’s eyes grew wide at the young man’s strength only for them to grow wider with fear as his body stated to glow and change into the older form. Deep down something stirred as he looked over the young man, but he quickly pushed it down. He could not even think of this… this Creature in that way. Even if Branimir was human he could not be distracted by him. Gabriel had work he had to do and if this creature was in his way he had to deal with him. taking a few more steps back he tried to slow his heart.

“you want to explain what happened? Ok what happened to my stuff? Why am I here when every report I have ever had says there is no way into this place. What ARE you? Your not human.” He tired to keep the fear from his voice. Tried to gain the upper hand in the conversation that was not going the way he thought it should. Not to mention that he was feeling things looking at this Guardian that he had never felt before in his life. He might have called Branimir pretty but that was to childish of a word to use for this handsome strapping man. He shook his head trying to get the thoughts out of his head. “what have you done to me?”