Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:17 AM

*RRRrrrRRrrrRRRrrrr..... RRRrrrRRRrrrRRrrrrrr...rrrr.. clickclickclickclick.....* Jack turned to his copilot and said, "The battery is dead... It's pitch black out! Now what are we gonna do??" Jack slammed the wheel in frustration.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 02:21 AM

Impervious to Jack's frustration, Jill kicked her feet up on the dashboard and yawned. "Take a nap?"

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:24 AM

"A nap?? We can't take a nap! It's dark! And... It's cold! And... And... We can't stay in the car all night. We have to go find help!" Jack said all this while rummaging in the back seat, occasionally bumping Jill with his butt. He was looking for the emergency pack that he kept in the car for... emergencies.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 02:27 AM

"What, do you need a night light?" Jill asked incredulously as Jack complained about their less than stellar conditions, "We can go for help in the morning, you know, when we can see more than a foot in front of our faces..." The last bit was muffled as Jack's butt squished her cheek. "Do you mind?" she asked.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:31 AM

"Do YOU mind??" Jack replied sounding thoroughly exasperated. "For your information, I am looking for my high power, long battery life emergency LED flashlight built for... EMERGENCIES!" Jack waved the flashlight in front of Jill's face having found it at last. "With this thing we won't need to wait for the morning to come! I think I remember a hotel up on a hill a ways back. If we start now, we can get there with some time to still get some sleep!"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 02:35 AM

"I'm lookin' for my fancy smancy flightlight because this is an EMERGENCY!!!" Jill imitated Jack in a high pitched voice then broke out in a fit of giggles until Jack produced said flashlight and began waving it in front of her face annoyingly. "Get that thing out of my face," she grumbled, pushing Jack's hand away. "You're the one who said it was cold outside and now you're suggesting we go on a hike?!"

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 AM

"Quit mocking me! You're Not gonna be making fun of me when you get hungry and I'm the only one with EMERGENCY food rations!" Jack waved said food in front of Jill, "It's chocolate flavored..." He taunted. "And yes! I am proposing a hike in the woods at night in the dark while it's cold! We have jackets so it's fine." Jack threw Jill's jacket and scarf at her head.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 AM

Jill looked over at Jack to see what these EMERGENCY food rations looked like. The cheap silver foil packaging didn't look particularly appetizing. "You're going to be the one with the EMERGENCY when that stuff wreaks havoc on your stomach later..." Jill said, only half joking. "Alright, fine, but I'm taking this blanket with me," she announced a moment before her jacket hit her head. "Hey!"

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:49 AM

"Oh don't be such a baby, you baby. And I'd rather have gastrointestinal problems then starve!" Jack said, putting the rations into his backpack along with extra batteries and the rest of the emergency kit. The probably wouldn't need the flare but he had been a boy scout when he was a kid. Jack opened the door and got out of the car, quickly putting on his coat. "Oh bollocks! that's cold!!!"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 02:54 AM

"If you say so..." Jill said, giving up on that argument and tugging her coat on and wrapping her scarf around her neck. Once she was finished arranging it she grabbed her purse and blanket and stepped out of the car. As she slammed the door behind her, she noticed something large...and black...scuttle across the car door window and let out a scream.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 02:58 AM

"I do say so!" Jack was just finishing slinging his backpack over his shoulder when he heard Jill scream! Running around the car as fast as he could, Jack caught his leg on the bumper and fell over at Jill's feet. "WHAT IS It??" Jack yelled, scrambling back upright. He swung the powerful beam of his flashlight back and forth looking for the source of Jill's fright.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 03:01 AM

Jill backed away from the car as fast as she could, letting out a nervous squeal as Jack suddenly appeared only to fall over in front of it. Grabbing his arm she hid behind him and pointed her finger at the car window, "It was there! It was horrible! This huge thing with like a million legs!" she whined in fright just thinking about it again.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 AM

Jack turned and gave Jill a flat stare. "Oh... My... God... You freaked out over a spider?? Huge and a million legs?? It was probably the size of a quarter!" Jack shook off Jill's grip "Don't be such a baby! There are spiders all over this forest" He started walking past the car and back up the road the way they came. "Comon Jill! I want to try and get some rest tonight at that inn I saw!"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 03:11 AM

Jack's arm was wretched out of Jill's grasp as he turned on her. Her mouth fell open in hurt and shock as he carelessly brushed her fears aside and walked away, leaving her alone in the dark with her purse dangling on one arm and the blanket dangling off the other.

Last edited by Chibi zig; 02-12-2016 at 07:50 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2016, 03:14 AM

Jack had walked quite a few paces before he noticed Jill wasn't next to him. "Jill...? JILL??" Jack frantically swung his light around looking for Jill, calling out her name as he did so. Finally he saw her, still standing near the car, items dangling of her arms blowing in the chill breeze. Jack walked back to her. "Oh comon now Jill, I'll protect you from the spider ok?" Jack threw the blanket around her shoulders and then swung an arm around her leading her on down the road.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 07:57 PM

Jill watched the light of Jack's flashlight fade away feeling lonely and afraid and sad but too upset to follow. After a few moments though, the light turned back towards her and a minute later Jack was at her side once more. She felt the blanket settle on her shoulders and a moment later the warmth of his arm followed. "O-okay," she sniffed before snaking her own arm around his waist.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 03:02 AM

A couple of hours had passed since they started walking and Jack was starting to worry. "I didn't think the in was so far away. It seems like we only just passed it before the car broke down." He said uncertainly. The wind had picked up and if it was possible, it seemed like it had gotten even darker. "At this rate the batteries my die before we get there..."

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:06 AM

Jill limped along next to Jack. She hadn't been planning on going on a hike when she got dressed that morning and her high heeled ankle boots were killing her feet. "I really don't remember seeing an inn," Jill confessed, "But I figured I just hadn't been paying attention. Are you sure we passed one?" she asked quietly. She was doing her best not to think about the flashlight running out of power. Without it the road they were walking down would be pitch black.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 03:13 AM

"I'm sure I'm sure!! I think..." Jack kept on walking pulling Jill along beside him. "Comon, we have to keep up the pace! I don't think we will be able to make it back to the car now with the flashlight batteries..." Jack was embarrassed to admit but the spare batteries he had grabbed were dead. The fading batteries in the flashlight were the only ones left. It was starting to cast creepy shadows around the trunks of trees and bushes. A few times... "I could swear I keep seeing something in the trees..."

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 AM

Jill bit back a complaint and did her best to keep up as Jack pulled her along. The yellow light of the flashlight was fading more quickly now and she held tightly to Jack's hand, afraid to be separated should the light fail completely. "That's just your imagination..." Jill said, though it was clear by her voice that she was just as creeped out by the shadows in the bushes. "We would have been better of taking a nap in the car..." she muttered to herself.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 03:23 AM

A twig cracked somewhere nearby. "WHAT WAS THAT??" Jack said stopping in his tracks and swinging his light around. "Did you hear that??" Jack picked up his pace. "Ok so maybe you were right about the nap! But we are out here now so we gotta deal with it!" Jack was pulling Jill along at a fast walk now, flinching at ever snapping twig or rustle of leaves. He probably imagined most of them but they spurred him onwards none the less, cold sweat starting to drip down his neck.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:35 AM

Jill bumped into Jack as he stopped suddenly and swung the flashlight our over to the woods. "Um, no?" she answered, trying to sound annoyed despite the slight tremble in her voice. Jill nearly tripped when Jack tugged on her arm, leading them along even faster than ever. "Jack this is crazy," she complained, "Maybe we should head back to the car..."

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 03:38 AM

"If we head back to the car now, we'll be walking in the dark! What if we trip and fall and break a leg??" Jack started to sound panicked. If they didn't find the inn very soon, the flashlight was going to go out and they would be left stumbling bout in the dark. There was nothing about this place Jack had remembered seeing "I don't remember driving though this area of forest..." Jack started when suddenly, a small dirt road appeared in front of them off the main highway. "HAH! I told you there was an inn nearby!" He whooped

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:50 AM

"But the road is flat..." Jill commented, trying to rationalize with Jack. Apparently his fears were unfounded however as he located the end of the driveway with the flashlight. "Yay!" Jill said wearily, "I can't wait to sit down and take these boots off..." Still holding tightly to Jack's hand she quickened her pace with the promise of shelter.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 03:58 AM

Jack pulled away from Jill stepping quickly to the driveway to look up it hoping to see the inn up the road. "Look! Jill! the inn! It' just up this way!" Jack was puzzled as to why they hadn't seen the inn before now. It was clearly up on the top of a hill easily visible over the tops of the trees yet it wasn't till this moment he saw the yellow glow from the windows. Jack turned to walk back to Jill as she was taking forever in her high heeled boots. "Jill comon, do I have to carry yo.." Just then, Jack saw two big glowing dots peaking around the side of a trunk in the woods not far behind Jill. "Jill! Behind you!" He said rushing to her