Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 03:18 PM

Despite the assurance of a safe place to stay for the night, Jill felt a chill go up her spine as Jack pulled away from her to get a better view. Shaking her head, she chided herself for being such a baby. "I'm coming!" she grumbled. Surely with the inn in sight they were in the clear; even if the flashlight went out they could easily follow the light of the inn's windows to safety.

Not paying attention to her footing, Jill wobbled as her heel struck against a large rock. She sought to regain her balance but failed and fell to her knees. Her head whipped around behind her at Jack's shout and her eyes widened as she noticed the glowing behind her and she swore she could make out a low growling. A panicked sound escaped her lips as she scrambled to her feet and lunged towards Jack.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 06:19 PM

Jack grabbed Jill and pushed her behind him as he whipped the flashlight at the spot where the glowing... Eyes was the best word he could come up with to describe them... Where the glowing eyes were peaking out behind the tree. When the beam of light struck the tree though, the eyes had disappeared! He could have sworn he had heard a low growling before the eyes disappeared... "Ok Jill... It's time to get the hell out of here! Lets get up to the inn before we get eaten by some wild wolf or bear!" Jack handed Jill the flashlight and pushed her ahead of him, bringing up the rear so as to protect Jill as best he could.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 06:48 PM

Jill clung to Jack's backpack as she cowered behind his larger frame but when she looked again, the glowing had disappeared. Even so, she felt anything but safe. It was always scarier when the scary thing suddenly disappeared than when it was there. Horror movies had taught her well that when something creepy disappeared, it was bound to come back when you least expected it. She didn't have to be told twice to get a move on. Taking the flashlight Jack handed her, she lead the way, picking up the pace and resisting the urge to turn and look back.

They hadn't made it more than a few yards when the flashlight suddenly flickered and died. "No no no no!" Jill begged, shaking it and turning the button on and off in hopes of brining it back to life to no avail. "Jack?" she called uncertainly, unable to see him in the dark.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 08:37 PM

"No why now?? We are so close! " Jack said as the light died. He heard Jill call out to him a step in front of him and was momentarily tempted to play a scary prank on her. However, he was much to scared to enjoy it at all so instead he reached out to her. "I'm right here Jill." He expected his hand to touch the blanket on her back but instead grasped nothing but air. "Jill...? JILL??" Jack started waving his arms infront of his body back and forth as he took slow half steps forwards. High up on the hill the lights of the inn windows shown brightly as if mocking their prediciment.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 10:11 PM

Jill turned around to face where she thought she heard Jack's voice coming from. Why did it suddenly sound like he was far off to her right? She could have sworn that he was right behind her while they were walking... "Jack?" She called again as she took a few paces to the right. That cold feeling was creeping up the back of her neck again.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 10:25 PM

"Jill? Was that you?" Jack said with a wavering voice. Fear was starting to tingle across his skin like little pin prics of ice. "Ok! Here's what we are gonna do!" Jack said standing still so as to not get further separated. "I'm gonna yell MARCO! And you're gonna yell POLO! When I say marco, you move a step towards me, and when you say polo, I'll take a step towards you! Are you ready?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM

Jill strained her ears to make out where Jack's voice was coming from this time. It now sounded like he was even further away then ever. Doing her best not to panic, she stopped and listened to Jack's idea. It sounded good to her. "Okay, you first," she said, her voice wavering slightly, her hand gripping the flashlight hard despite it's uselessness at the moment.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 10:43 PM

Jill souned even further away now.She must still be wandering around looking for me he thought "Ok here I go.... MARCO" Jack waited tensly for a reply, sweat beginning to dampen his brow despite the chill temperatrures and wind. Why hadn't he rememberd to replace the spare batteries?? Jack was still waiting for a reply. It seemed like it was taking a long time. He started to worry. Did something happen to Jill? Did the glowing eyes get her? Jack was starting to freak out.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-14-2016, 10:54 PM

Jill stood still and waited for Jack's marco. It sounded fait but she took one step in the direction she thought his voice was coming from. As she did so, she felt something cold brush against her hand and immediately froze. Her forehead broke out in sweat and she clenched the flashlight so hard she was surprised it hand't cracked yet under her death grip. Her breathing quickened as her heart rate skyrocketed. What...just...touched...her? She wasn't close enough to the edge of the path to have started towards the trees...or was she? And why did her hand still feel so cold? Reaching one hand slowly over to touch the other, her panic rose as she felt something cold and slimy on the back of her hand. Finally remembering it was her turn she called out "p-polo?" doing her best to raise her voice despite the fear gripping her heart.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2016, 11:34 PM

"Jill! I hear you!" Relief flooded though Jack as he took a few quick steps towards her. For a minute there he thought she had disappeared someplace! Jack stood still again, his arms still rasied a bit out to his sides as if feeling the way towards Jill. It was his turn now. Jack took onre more involuntary step as he said "MarcoAHHH!!!" He screamed out loud as he bumped into something and fell back down on his butt, palms scraping in the dirt and gravel. Whatever he had bumped into, it was large, solid and.. hairy "JILL!!!" He screamed as he scuttled backwards a few feet still on the ground

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 01:24 AM

Jill held her breath as she waited for Jack to reply. His unexpected scream made Jill release a scream of her own. "Jack!!!" she cried, uncertain how to help without knowing where he was. Blindly moving forward with her arms outstretched she screamed again as she tripped over something large and squishy.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 01:31 AM

Jack screamed again as something fell on top of him, a soft squishiness against his chest softened the blow somewhat "AHH!! Ooof!!" Jack grabbed at the figure on top and was about to push it off and roll away when he realized it was Jill! "JILL!!" Jack squished her in a bear hug. "There was something big and hairy and I ran into it and I couldn't find you...!" Jack trailed off, his fear dissipating, relief washing over him.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 01:36 AM

"Jack!!!" Jill laughed, giddy with relief. She wrapped her arms around him in return and squeezed him for all she was worth. "I was so scared!" she said. She ran her hands over his face to find his lips in the dark and planted a kiss on them when she found them.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 01:40 AM

Jack returned the kiss in kind reaching up to hold Jill's cheeks. "I'm glad you're ok! Now that we are back together, lets not get separated again!" Jack got up, still holding one of Jills hands and held his other hand out to help her up back to her feet. "Lets get off this scary road!"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 01:47 AM

Jill smiled through the kiss, "Me too! Don't leave me again!" she chided as she took his hand and used it as leverage to get to her feet. Once standing, she held his hand in a death grip, afraid of getting separated again. As they started walking again she quickly forgot about sticky wet hands and hairy monsters.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 01:59 AM

"I won't! I don't understand how we got so far apart in the first place!" Jack wondered bewildered as they headed up the driveway. The ground started to slope upwards steadily until it became a chore to walk up it. Jack was starting to breath heavily by the time they came upon a large gate on a flat part of the road. A tall wrought iron fence ran off to the sides into the woods. The gates themselves had many intricate twists and pointy bits all along the top. Climbing them was out of the question. "Creepy," Jack remarked, "Looks like something out of a Transylvanian movie. I hope it's not locked."

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:02 AM

"Neither do I..." Jill mused quietly... Either way she was sure to not let it happen again. The climb became grueling and Jill huffed up the slope, hating her boots more than ever. "Once we're out of this, I'll be sure to keep a pair of sensible shoes in the car at all times," she grumbled to herself. When they finally made it to the top, she bent over to catch her breath for a moment before straightening to take in the sight of the gate. In the dim she could barely make out an ominous looking metal fence. "Very," Jill agreed as she pulled Jack closer to the gate so she could test the door. As she reached out to touch the metal, the door swung open on it's own accord with a noisy creaking.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 AM

Jack looked shocked and frightened as the gate swung open all by it's self "That.... Didn't just happen... Did it??" Jack huddled up behind Jill watching as the doors finished swinging open, sounding terribly like they needed some lubrication. "Um... So... Ladies first?" Jack said, a scaredy cat grin on his face. He gently nudged Jill towards the gate opening

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:14 AM

Jill pulled her hand back quickly as the gate swung open. "Yes, yes it did..." Jill said disbelieving. "Probably just the wind..." she added, more to reassure herself than anything. "Such a hero..." Jill said, rolling her eyes. She moved through the gate, her hand clamped tightly down on Jack's as she dragged him along behind her. She looked around as they made their way up the home stretch and was a bit surprised to find no cars or other signs of habitation in the area surrounding the inn.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 02:24 AM

"The wind... Yeah... Must be.." Jack mumbled under his breath. "Well look! I'm a little freaked out right now ok??" Making their way up to the inn Jack could have sworn he heard the "CLANG" of the gates closing behind them in the distance but he chose to ignore it. "It's just the wind, It's just the wind, It's just the wind... Huh?" Jack stopped next to Jill at the front of the inn. "Where are they cars? Do you think they have valet parking?" Jack asked Jill

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:28 AM

"I can see that..." Jill said, giving Jack's hand a reassuring squeeze. "As long as we're together we'll be fine," she said confidently. She could say that a bit more easily not having heard the gates closing behind them. "Maybe it's the off season..." Jill mused to herself. "Anyway, there's the door! Let's go, I can't wait to get inside and get these shoes off. Maybe we can order some room service and watch a movie!" she added cheerily.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 02:42 AM

"I don't know how your feet survived the the walk here actually!" Jack said surprised at her fortitude. "We should definitely get some room service and a movie! I'm starved!" Walking up to the doors, Jack took the lead and pushed the door handled down, swinging the door inwards and walking into the inn. It was like something straight out of the 1930s. Lush carpet greeted him as he walked inside, a few ferns and other semi tropical plants were nestled in corners and alcoves around the room. Yellow light poured from various lights and sconces around the room with stained glass shades. "Wow! What a places!" Jack exclaimed taking it all in.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 AM

"Awesome!" Jill responded, her mouth already watering at the thought of food that wasn't compounded into a dense cube and packaged in cheap looking foil even if it supposedly tasted like chocolate. She followed Jack through the door eagerly and looked around at the decor. "This place is really something huh?" she commented before leading Jack by the hand to the counter up front. No one was standing behind it but a service bell was placed on the counter and she dinged it impatiently.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2016, 02:52 AM

"It really is!" Jack replied walking with Jill up to the reception desk. Jack listened to the ding of the bell fade and waited patiently for a few minutes for someone to show up. When no one did, he hit the bell again a few times becoming more and more impatient. "Where is the Receptionist? Or that, that person, you know? the one that is supposed to take our bags!" Jack took a few paces into the middle of the lobby. Looking up he saw several floors above come to an open point in the middle of the inn where banisters led around to repeating staircases. "Fancy..." He murmured.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 02:58 AM

Jill tapped her fingernails against the counter as they waited for someone to show. She was tempted to ring the bell again but resisted the urge. Apparently Jack was as impatient as she was however as he hit the bell again himself. "Hello?" she called out, looking around to see if anyone was in sight, not so afraid of Jack leaving her side now that they were safe indoors. When no one showed for several more minutes Jill said, "Should we look around? Maybe they're busy helping someone with their bags..."