Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-18-2016, 03:47 PM

((Hehe! That’s true. I do like the shorter ones too though. Leaves more room for different things to happen more quickly! ^_^))

Blissfully unaware of whatever Jack had seen moving about outdoors, Jill watched as her boyfriend tested out the single working battery. Her face fell when the first pairing didn’t work. She had really been hoping… The second pairing resulted in a faint light however which caused her to clap, “Yay!” Even a dim light was better than nothing at all. Taking the flashlight from Jack, she turned it off to conserve the little bit of power it had left and held it protectively. She somehow felt safer with it in her hand. “Hm…” Jill looked about but didn’t see anything that looked like an umbrella. “Well, considering that we’re leaving, I think we could probably check that “Employees Only” closet now…” she suggested.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-19-2016, 12:40 AM

((for sure! And.. WHOOP WHOOP! Page 4!!!))

"Good idea!" Jack lead the way over to the broom closet and saw Jill holding the flashlight protectively against her chest. "Everything's going to be ok. Don't worry!" He smiled as he turned and opened the door. Immediately he wished he could have taken those words back. Upon turning the door handle the door burst open as if under pressure and a moment later a stiff cold corps of a tall man fell upon Jack taking him by surprise. "AHHHH!!" He yelled as he caught the body and fell to the floor under the weight. It crashed down on top of him, crushing the air from his lungs. Gasping and wheezing, Jack flailed underneath it. "G-g-get it off! Get it off!" He yelled, trying to get out from under the corpse. Finally managing to push the heavy body off himself and too the side. Jack scrambling to his feet, breathing hard and backing as far away from the body as he could till his back hit a wall. The body Lay prone, unmoving, cold and dead, one arm looking like it was torn off at the shoulder "Wh... What the hell... WHAT THE HELL JILL!!! Why is there a dead body in a broom closet?? Why doesn't it have an arm??" Jack shouted as panic and shock started to take over.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-19-2016, 05:22 PM

((Wooo hoo!!!))

Jill nodded absentmindedly, hoping that Jack was correct. Neither of them could have expected what happened next however as a man fell out of the closet, crushing Jack. Not just any man either… A dead one! Everything seemed to happen so quickly… Jill let out a shriek and jumped back in fear. Meanwhile Jack was shouting at her to get it off while he flailed about trying to get out from underneath the body. Grabbing the counter of the reception desk for support, Jill shook her head as if refusing to accept the situation would somehow make all of the bad things disappear.

A moment later Jack managed to extract himself from beneath the corpse and backed away to the wall. Jill rushed to his side and clung to him as much for her own sake as for his. “I-I d-don’t k-know!” she stammered helplessly, clutching tightly to his arm. Trying to slow her frantic breathing, she chanced a peek back over at the dead body. “I-I think maybe we found out what h-happened to the b-bellhop…” she said, noticing the uniform.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-19-2016, 07:36 PM

" I guess that does explain it." Jack said trying to get his breathing back under control. "I just hope we don't find anymore of the staff if these are the sorts of things that happened to them." Jack skirted around the body and peaked into the closet still hoping to find an umbrella. Inside was indeed an umbrella long with a walking cane with a brass handel. grabbing both, Jack carefully stepped away from the body and walked quickly back to Jill. "Found one. And this cane too. Can't hurt to have a weapon." Looking down, Jack noticed that Jill was still barefoot. "What happened to your boots?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 PM

“I hope we don’t find anyone else period…” Jill added. It seemed that none of their encounters that evening had been good and she would just as rather avoid having contact with anyone else that night. They just needed to get back to the car and wait things out till morning. In daylight they would surely be able to make the long walk to the next sign of civilization to call for a tow truck. Speaking of which, Jill turned to take another look at the reception desk as Jack searched inside the closet. The phone! Why hadn’t they thought of that before…

Jill looked around the tiny space but didn’t find anything resembling a phone. “That’s odd…” she muttered to herself. What kind of hotel didn’t have a freaking phone?!? Turning back to Jack, her face lit up at the sight of the umbrella, “Yay! That’s the first bit of good news all evening!” she said happily. “Oh yeah…” she added, looking back down at her sock clad feet, “I should put those back on shouldn’t it…” Hoisting herself up on the reception desk, Jill slipped her boots off of her shoulder and untied the laces that had served as a carrying sling so she could put them back on her feet.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-20-2016, 03:24 AM

"Hmm? What's odd?" Jack asked absentmindedly. Jill had already hopped onto the counter and begun to put her boots on though. "Those really aren't the best boots to be wearing while we are trying to "run away" from this place." Jack said making quotations in the air with his fingers. "What if we really do have to run?" He asked in a serious tone. "I know you probably won't like this idea at all but.. What if we take the room keys and go up and take a look in some of the rooms to see if there is something better for you to wear?" He asked while Jill finished zipping up her boots.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-20-2016, 03:37 AM

"I was just thinking that it's odd that they don't have a phone here..." Jill said as she tugged on her boots and zipped them up. Looking down at her feet she gauged the height of the heels and the practicality of running in them. "I'm sure I could run in these if I have to..." she said, it would definitely beat going outside barefoot. Apparently Jack had something different in mind however. Jill's mouth fell open at the idea he proposed. "Wait, you just nearly got crushed by a cadaver, THAT cadaver," she added, motioning over to the corpse on the ground. She had to do a double take however that left her mouth gaping as apparently during the time they had been talking, the body had somehow disappeared...

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 AM

"WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO?!?" Jack yelled when Jill pointed at the body that had fallen on him not two minutes ago and that was now nowhere to be seen! "Dead people just don't get up and walk by themselves Jill!" Fear griped Jack tightly as he whipped around trying to look everywhere at once, paranoid that the corpse was going to jump him from behind. "Forget it! Forget the keys, forget the boots! I'm out!" Jack said backing up towards the door with his umbrella and cane held up before him defensively. "Comon Jill! It's time to leave!" He almost shouted. His back hit the door and he jumped thinking the cadaver was behind him. Turning quickly, he realized it was just the door.

"You didn't see that..." He muttered under his breath as he reached out and opened the door, jumping quickly to one side least some other body fall on him. Nothing jumped him this time. Walking out onto the front porch, Jack zipped up his jacket and opened his umbrella, getting ready to venture out into the cold wet of the night. "You ready for this?" He called back to jill, waiting for her to join him outside.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-22-2016, 04:07 PM

Jill stared wide-eyed at the empty hallway, gripping the counter tightly with her hands as a chill ran up her spine. The urge to run made her feet twitch but her fear held her in place. “Obviously you haven’t watched enough zombie movies…” she said softly, still in a state of disbelief. Surely this must be a bad dream induced by too much spicy food late at night? Jill quickly pinched her arm and gasped at the sudden pain. So much for that theory…

Suddenly noticing that Jack had abandoned her at the desk, Jill quickly jumped down and tried to casually follow him to the door. That sort of failed however as her pace quickened to an urgent shuffle as she neared the door. Feeling like something was following her, Jill whipped around but there was nothing behind her. “Of course not dear…” she said, too scared to pick on Jack for his paranoia.

Following Jack out the door, which thankfully didn’t implode on them, Jill shivered slightly despite the blanket around her shoulders. The wind had picked up with the rain and it seemed even darker than before with the light of the windows only extending a few feet further than the porch. “Wandering around in dark woods in the middle of the night with who knows what out there waiting for us only armed with a semi working flashlight, an umbrella, a cane, and some sort of fake chocolate food that’s chock full of artificial preservatives? Of course I’m not ready for this!” Jill quipped. Grabbing hold of Jack’s free hand, she held onto it for dear life least they get separated again, “Let’s get the hell out of here,” she said finally, contrary to her previous statement.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-22-2016, 11:16 PM

Jack chuckled inwardly watching Jill very nearly break into a run after hopping off the counter. Since he felt the same sort of fear and urgency though, he decided not to say anything. Instead he listened to Jill go on about the dangers involved in going back to the car this late at night. "Look those chocolate power bar things are probably gonna end up keeping us from starving!" Jack started, defending his emergency food only half halfheartedly as they moved off the porch and away from the creepy inn. The ground was beginning to get soggy and muddy from the rain, their feet making squelching noises as they walked into the night. The darkness all but swalled them when they walked outside the ring of light cast by the open doorway. "And anyways, I know it's not the best gear we could be going out here with but would you reather stay at the inn? If we stick to the center of the driveway and the road we should be fine. We'll just flash the light every so often to make sure we are going in the right direction!" Jack kept walking with Jill, the ground starting to slope downwards, indicating that they were getting closer to the gate. It was quite. Oppressively so. Jack was starting to flinch at the slightest sound in the distance. Trying to break the silence, Jack said with a wavering voice, "By the way," Remembering Jill's comment about Zombies earlier, "Don't you hate zombie movies? How would you even know about zombies?"

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-27-2016, 10:22 PM

“Okay okay, I’ll give you that,” Jill said. Her stomach gurgled uncomfortably. She was hungry but still nauseated by their previous encounters. Food could wait until later. Following Jack across the lawn, her boots squelched loudly in the mud making Jill cringe slightly. “And no, I would rather not go back there. Remember, scary zombie on the loose?” Jill said, just in case Jack had somehow forgotten. “I do hate zombie movies,” she confirmed, “But that doesn’t mean I haven’t unwillingly seen a few. The media business is crazy about zombies right now. It’s pretty impossible not to know about them…” she said almost vehemently. Jill flinched as the umbrella hit something only to realize that it was the gate. Tucking the flashlight into her coat pocket, she reached out with her free hand to pull it open but it wouldn’t budge. “Don’t move,” she told Jack, releasing his hand and putting both hands on the grate she tugged with all her strength but to no avail. “It won’t open…” she said stumped. It had seemed to swing open so easily before.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Jack shivered, "Yeah... I remember..." He said, sounding haunted at the memory of the body crashing down on him, pinning him to the floor. "Oh I see. I'm with you though. Too many zombie movies! Give me an old Noir Film any day!" Jack stopped walking when Jill abruptly stopped with a flinch. "Jill? What's wrong??" He started, fear already creeping into his voice when he realized they were at the gate and calmed down a bit. Jill let go of his hand, telling him not to move. Like that would happen after the crap they had been though tonight. "Here let me try and help." Jack offered getting a good grip on the iron bars. "On three, ready? One, Two, THREE!" Jack tugged hard with Jill at the gate. After a moment of pulling, a rusty squeaky sound came from the hinges and the gate lurched towards them a few inches. Pulling harder Jack hopped for it to move a little further but it wouldn't budge. Panting Jack said, "Ok Jill. Lets give it a rest. I don't think this thing is going to open. Maybe we should try and climb over the top?" He offered as an alternate plan.

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 04-09-2016, 01:13 AM

Jill jumped slightly when she felt Jack brush against her back only to realize that he was trying to grab ahold of the bars of the gate to help her pull it open. Even between their combined efforts, they only managed to pull it open a few inches before the hinges squealed to a halt. Panting slightly from the effort, Jill frowned at Jack's expression though there was no way he would be able to see it in the dark. "You're not going to see me climbing over this thing in the dark. Didn't you get a look at how high it was when we walked up? And those wicked spikes on the top? Uh uh!" Jill shook her head, forgetting that Jack probably couldn't see her. "I'm pretty flexible... Maybe I can squeeze through and push from that side while you pull?" she suggested.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-09-2016, 01:20 AM

"Well... It was just a suggestion..." Jack said, slightly abashed for not remembering the spikes at the top. "But I don't know, It's not very open. That's quite a tight space even for you... Are you sure you can fit in such a tight opening?" Jack asked trying to see if his head would go though the space between the gates and nearly getting it stuck in the process. He didn't like the idea of Jill going over there. What if she got stuck? What if they had to separate? What ifs were all over their current situation though and the freaking hotel of horrors was behind them atop the hill. This seemed like the best idea they had at the moment. "Well... Ok but... Be careful..." Jack quickly pecked Jill on the lips and then took a hold of the bars. "I'll make sure it stays open and see if I can get it to budge a bit more while you wiggle your way though the opening."

Chibi zig
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 04-09-2016, 01:26 AM

Jill wasn't sure if she would be able to get through all the way but she was indeed flexible and stubborn as a mule. Between those two things she hoped she would be able to make it work. Jill smiled when Jack kissed her, still taking time to show his affection despite the craziness of their night. "Alright, here I go..." she said. Turning sideways, she moved her leg through the opening and started to press her shoulder between the gap. The bars pinched painfully against the bone but she was able to slide her arm and most of her shoulder though...only to have her chest block her passage through. "Seriously? I think this is the first time I'm happy that my boobs aren't any bigger..." she mumbled as she pressed her back against the gate. "I'm going to push, try to pull it..." she said. Grasping one of the metal bars and pressing with all her might against the gate she waited to see if her efforts would have any effect.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-09-2016, 01:36 AM

"Ah... Careful! Jack said pulling harder at the bars as he watched Jill squeeze her body thought the tight opening. "I never new you had such a hidden talent Jill!" Jack quipped at her. When Jills boobs blocked the way, he said in reply, " I've always been happy with them..." A blush spreading across his face, "do you.. Need any help with that?" he asked waggling his eyebrows at Jill even though she probably couldn't see. "Right! Right... Sorry!" Jack got serious and started to pull hard as Jill pushed from the other side, wedged against the other gate. A tiny squeak sounded. And another. With a sudden ear splitting shriek, the door sailed open causing Jack to stumble backwards, landing on the ground, closely followed by Jill's body landing atop him. "What is it about people falling on me tonight?" He mumbled. "That was loud, I hope nobody is gonna come to see what the noise was. If... that is... there is anybody left alive up here...."