Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-24-2018, 10:47 PM

The Cast

Name: Jensen Lee Black
Nicknames: Sen (By those closest to him, i.e. family, lover), Black Sin (By other hunters and the things he hunts)
Height: 6'4"
Weapons: The normal hunting weapons plus his favorite hand gun a Colt 1911.

Personality: Sarcastic and smart mouthed, hide a heart of gold. Not bitter, even though he has plenty of reason to be, protective and loyal to death to those that he comes to care about, a lonely lone wolf terrified to let anyone close for fear they end up dead too.
Backstory: His parents were killed by a demon when he was 12. He was found by a hunter, who took Jensen under his wing and taught him to hunt. Jensen has been hunting the supernatural ever since.

PurpleBox: Come join me and lets roleplay.

PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging s...

Old 04-25-2018, 05:08 AM

Name: Ian McLocke
Nicknames: McLocke,Wolfgang and Papa
Height: 6'0''
Weapons: His own fangs and claws when the full moon is here, his fists most other times and a small pocket knife.
Personality: Happy go lucky and loyal to those he considers family. Ian can have a bit of a temper on him around the full moon and he'd always exhausted after they pass. He has strong morals and always tries to do the right thing by people who need help. Very protective of his son.
Backstory: Ian was getting his bar tending degree when his life chanced for the worse, he had a wife and she had just given birth to their son a few months before this happened. One night while walking home from the bar he was attacked, he woke covered in blood and his cloths shredded, with little memory of the night before. Things were not fine and soon after his wive was killed by a beast. That was the day Ian ran away with his son, it's been 5 years since then and Ian and his son have settled in a small town far from the city.

[hope this is ok XD]

---------- Post added 04-24-2018 at 11:06 PM ----------

A small body flung itself onto the bed that held a pale ginger haired man. A loud ‘oof’ sound left the man as the small body collided with him. “Papa! Papa! Wake up!”The energetic voice belonged to a small blond curly haired boy with bright blue eyes. Green eyes with shards of amber blinked open before a deep chuckle filled the room.

“Ya got to stop jump starting me like this Pup.” The man's voice was thick with a Scottish accent that made the ladies swoon. The little boy giggled and snuggled against his Papa as the man sat up the covers falling revealing a toned and pale chest that held a few scars, a nasty bite wound scar stood out from just under his low riding sleeping pants as the man scooped up his son and headed towards their small kitchen.

Across the broad shoulder was a tattoo that spelt out ‘WOLFGANG’ in a old timey script in black ink, the man's son liked to poke at his Papa’s ink now and then, asking if it had hurt, typical little kid questions about tattoos. Placing his son down in the booster seat at their small table the man went to the counter where his phone was blinking at him with a message.

‘Ian you got a double shift tonight! Better find a sitter for the little munchkin cos Boss doesn't want kids behind the bar!’ The flashing white words burned into Ian’s green eyes as he sighed. “What do you want for breakfast Pup?” He asked stuffing the phone into his pocket as he faced his son with a smile

“WAFFLES!” was the energetic reply and that tore a rumbling laugh out of Ian.
---------------------------------------
Hours later Ian glanced at the calendar that hung in his little kitchen as he pulled on his son’s coat, buttoning up the buttons to keep the boy warm. “ Now, Tristan you be good for Ole’ Miss Hadley, you can do that for me right Pup?” Ian said with a smile as Tristan nodded. That done the pair headed to their neighbors house so Ian could drop off his son before sprinting to the local Bar.

Ian was barely panting as he slipped in to the bar through the employee entrance, he greeted his fellow bartender as he slipped on his apron and took his spot behind the bar. “ Ready for a night of drunk and crazy locals Ian? Hot chicks looking for a fix of that Scottish charm and all that.” His fellow bar tender teased as Ian huffed out and shook his head.

He just hoped that he would have time to get into the woods before the moon light became a issue…. The weather app on his phone did say it was supposed to be cloudy tonight. Ian was pulled out of his thoughts by a well endowed women flirty asking for a scotch on the rocks from him, pushing her bossom up and out, trying to impress the ginger bartender.

It was going to be a long night … Ian could feel it.

Last edited by PurpleBox; 04-26-2018 at 03:03 PM..

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Jensen rolled over in the cheap motel room bed, pulling his face out of the pillows with a sigh. A glance at his watch on the nightstand told him that it was only 9AM so not really all that early, unless you considered the fact that it was about 5AM when he collapsed on the lumpy mattress and scratchy sheets. He had been researching and hunting for a case into the wee hours of the morning but he was pretty sure he had run across something interesting in a small town nearby.

With a growling groan, Jensen pulled himself up to his towering height and stumbled into the bathroom. His gaze landed on the mirror and he nearly flinched at his morning look. His longish black locks were a disheveled and wild mane around his bronzed face. Rich mocha brown eyes, so much like the drink that he practically lived off of, stared tiredly back at him from under long, black eyelashes that any girl would kill for. A thin scar bisected on black eyebrow, making it look like there was a skip in the toner when his eyebrows were printed on his face.

With a grunt, Jensen shook of the daze and turned on the shower. He trimmed the black beard on his face, ignoring the water that escaped to run down the muscled planes of his broad chest. He pulled off his low hanging sleep pants and stepped into the shower, sighing with delight as the blazing hot water hit his skin.

---------------------

A couple hours later, he was on the road after stopping at a nearby diner for breakfast and coffee. His belongs were packed away in the duffel bag in the trunk of his black Chevy Impala and he was driving down the road to the strains of Bad Moon Rising by Creedance Clearwater Revival. According to the map, he wouldn't reach his destination until late tonight. He figured he would find a motel and then maybe visit a local bar, they were great places for picking local legends and tales.

PurpleBox

Old 04-26-2018, 03:03 PM

Ian was well into his shift, cleaning glasses and making the flashier drinks that he had learnt how to when he was getting his degree in bartending, it seemed to impress the ladies, most of the men just seemed to want straight up beer or ale. Classic rock and other tunes blasted from the jukebox in the back corner of the pub. A few couples where trying to dance drunkenly on the poor excuse of a dance floor.

The loud music blocked out most sounds, but Ian still heard every heartbeat, and every time someone opened the heavy old oaken door that lead in and out of the pub. The ginger haired man smiled and greeted each person that entered. His nose twitching, wanting to sneeze when the women came up with their heavily laced perfumes that would make him gag even if he was still…. Human.

“Another round!” A man at the bar said, ah it was Tarrence, the local farm hand that… ah Ian had hmm run into his last full moon…. Luckily for said man the scent of Tarrence soiling himself in terror had been enough to curb Ian’s instincts to attack. While he found that his human mind followed him into his furry time, it was still ruled by instinct over logic. At the time he’d been padding his way back to his home after hunting a few deer to fulfill the need for prey and blood that seemed to course through him… and thankfully it was never for human prey...just game animals.

Ian didn’t trust himself around his son still… there had been one month at he hadn't been able to get a sitter, back when they were in the city, and he’d locked himself in his room that night, it had been misery. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts Ian slapped on a grin as he greeted the drunk man.

“ Here ya go Tarrence.” Ian passed the man a frothing mug if beer before turning his back to wipe some more glasses. He winced when Tarrence began to drunkenly tell a fellow pub goer about his ‘run in with this giant beast!’. Ian sighed quietly through his nose….

He wished he could go and get his son, the young boys scent had always been a balm on his stressed mind, more so now with enhanced senses… yet sadly he still had a long shift to finish.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 04-26-2018, 07:00 PM

After hours on the road, Jensen had finally rolled into town. He found a dive motel, one of those cheap ones that are probably mostly used by people for affairs or hook ups. He dropped his duffel bag on the hard motel bed covered in its tacky bedspread and looked around. There was a bed, a small table and two chairs in front of the window and a dresser with an old, boxy TV set on top of it. It wasn't much but Jensen had stayed in so many dives like this over the years that they were starting to feel like home. He was always on the road these days, a loner some called him, but it was safer that way. Everyone that got near him seemed to end up dead, first his parents and then later the old hunter, Jeb, that had taken him in. After Jeb had died Jensen had taken to the road, living out of motel rooms and his car.

I need a drink, Jensen thought, shaking his head to chase away memories of the past. He stepped into the tiny bathroom to look into the cracked mirror over the chipped porcelain sink. He splashed water on his face, washing away the weariness of a day spent driving, before pulling his black hair back into a ponytail at the nape of his neck. Back out in the room, he dug through his duffel until pulling out a clean black tee shirt and a red and black plaid flannel. He pulled them on, grabbed his keys and headed for the bar he had spotted on his drive through town.

He opened the door and stepped inside, his Colt 1911 tucked out of sight under his unbuttoned flannel. Jensen's mocha eyes scanned over the people inside, looking for any possible threats. After a moment of observation he took a seat at the edge of the bar, where he could survey the room and pick up any drunken tales. Many were just that, the blithering useless stories of drunks, but under many of them was a tiny grain of truth.

PurpleBox

Old 04-27-2018, 03:41 AM

“There I was, checking the perimeter of my land and the traps I’d set out for those pesky foxes, when I got lost in the dark woods, stumbled around till I ‘heard a growl…. Not a fox or any dog i knew of… something deep and it made me shake in my bones lads!” Tarrence was a surprisingly coherent drunk when he was telling his ‘stories’. Ian wincing a bit when the man described a more horrific version of what Ian and been that night…. Granted he’d had blood from a freshly killed deer across his fur then….. So he couldn't blame the man.

“Welcome to The Blue Cask stranger.” Ian said when he spotted a new face enter the pub, the man smelt different that any of the locals….there was a air about his that made Ian’s hair stand on end and made the ginger man want to growl at the dark haired man. He pushed those thoughts down as he moved to face the man across the bar.

Still holding a glass he was cleaning as he spoke he asked. “What brings you to these parts?” Casually he picked up one of the simple menus they had and slipped it in front of the man. Once again Ian had to hold himself back from twitching when Tarrence began his story again.

“It was taller than any man i’d ever seen, fur and fangs covered in blood, snarling and snapping at me, I dropped mah gun scared outta mah wits, dropping it made mah gun go off into the trees, the beast growled one last time before dashing away… I was luck to get away!” He boasted, not seeming to realize he’d also said he was scared shit less of his beast.

“Get off it Tar, i bet you just ran into one of those wolves that the rescue place released to control the deer population. Taller than a man BAH hogwash i say.” another man called out, both clearly drunk, or getting there fast.

“No fights in the pub, unless you’d both like to be put on the blackboard?” Ian snapped at the men with a raised eyebrow, tapping his finger back against a black chalk board that held one name currently, and the words ‘BANNED FOR A MONTH OR MORE’ in bold letters above it.

Tarrence grumbled. “We ain’t fi’ghing Ian….. just different opinions mate...hick.” Ian passed the man a cold drink of water before returning to cleaning glasses with his cloth, and taking payments for drinks at the register for a bit till he came back over to the dark haired new comer… Ian had to say that the man was ruggedly handsome… but he also looked like trouble… for who though, Ian wasn't sure.

“Anything I can get you?” He asked tucking one or his pens into his apron as he spoke. HIs green eyes with flecks of amber watching the man with caution.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 PM

Jensen looked up when the bartender first greeted him and barely masked the surprise on his face. The ginger man, a few inches shorter than himself, was rather handsome looking, but his eyes drew Jensen's attention. They were the most mesmerizing, beautiful green with flecks of gold and it was all Jensen could do not to get lost in them. He shook himself out of his daze, muttering something about a long day on the road. His eyes read the menu that apparently Ian, as he heard another man in the bar call the ginger, handed him.

As Jensen's dark mocha eyes scanned over the menu though, his ears tuned into a drunk man regaling anyone who would listen with his monster story. He analyzed the drunk from out of his peripherals, studying his movements and words for deceit and embellishment. In his line of work you learned to study people, pick out the truth from the fiction, and drunks were always Jensen's favorite. Sure their tongues embellished more with the help of liquid courage but, it they were also looser and easier to read. It was easier to chip away the fluff and nonsense from a drunkard's tale than it was a sober man's tale. A drunkard held nothing back, gilding his story to incredible lengths while a sober man picked and chose his details.

"You have any local beer?" Jensen asked. One of the perks of traveling around for him, was the chance to try out different brews. It was one of the few things that kept the grind of a new town, a new motel, from becoming too much. That and the gratitude of the people he helped and saved from the monsters out there, from the horrendous things that went bump in the night. And from what he heard so far, this should be a simple werewolf hunt. Cap it in the heart with a silver bullet, dispose of the body and slip out of town with the only reminder left was the drunkard's tall tales.

PurpleBox

Old 05-02-2018, 05:14 AM

The dark mocha colored eyes of the newcomer where very different from the other people Ian knew… they held a depth that the ginger wolf had not seen before. “We have s special brew called Blue Moon.” Ian gestured to a man at the opposite end of the bar that was drinking a dark blue mug of frothy beer. The base of the beer had blueberries and blackberries to give it that blue color in a more natural way then adding food coloring, Ian still prefer the burn of whiskey and vodka himself.

“We also have a honey and pumpkin mead, more of a seasonal flavor that one though.” Ian said with a shrug, a smile reflexively popping up on his face as he greeted a pair of ladies who came in and waved at him.

Ian’s wolf instincts were telling him to be weary of this newcomer...even though he had only killed two humans in the 5 years he’d been a werewolf, at least one of those was in self defence as the moon rose and the other, well he knew the man had a gun, the twisted remnants of it greeted him the next morning along with said mans shredded body.

Pushing back the urge to shiver at the memory Ian focused on the dark eyed man again, the ginger man had to admit that he was handsome. The dark hair and eyes paired with the bronze skin was attractive, even Ian could see that...his scent was different, it was enough to make the human part of Ian curious. Not enough to be more than the man's bartender this evening, then Ian planned on getting as deep into the forest as he could before he felt the pull of the more.

“McLocke! Another pint lad!” A older man at a table bellowed out, Ian shook he head before smiling.

“Coming right up Mr. Willits. Excuse me duty calls.” Ian’s smile was brilliant, his teeth perfectly straight and white, his K-9 teeth looked a little more sharp than normal but it didn't take away from Ian’s looks one bit. He poured a pint with ease before handing it to one of the waitresses to give to Mr. Willits.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-03-2018, 11:42 PM

Jensen debated on both the beers mentioned, trying to decide which sounded the best. He was saved from having to decide right away as a man hollered for Ian, at least it appeared that McLocke was also Ian. Probably his last name, Jensen mused as he nodded to the ginger and watched him walk away. He was here to listen for tales that could mean a job and yet he found himself distracted by the bartender. Jensen's dark eyes watched the other man walk away and he couldn't help but wonder what drew him to this Ian McLocke.

Jensen had seen plenty of good looking men and women in his travels, even had the occasional one night stand, but this was different. It wasn't just the mesmerizing green eyes with the gold flecks. There was something about this ginger that caught his mind, called out to his soul on a deeper level. He found that his mocha eyes were still locked on the retreating figure of the bartender and he ripped his gaze away, perhaps not before they took in the view. He shook his head hard, trying to push away these pesky thoughts and feelings and get his mind in work mode.

"Better make it a whiskey,'" he said when Ian returned for his drink order.

PurpleBox

Old 05-04-2018, 03:17 AM

A dark ginger brow rose but Ian still smiled. “Coming right up.” With practiced ease Ian poured a glass of whiskey, before sliding it in front of the stranger. Ian had felt the dark eyes on him when he'd stepped away to fill another order, it was strange, normally when he felt eyes on him Ian felt the urge to ruffle his own hair or to snap at the person to cut it out...his only relief for sexual tension had been his own hand for a couple years now.

The two times he’d had a one night stand he’d felt like he was spitting in his dead wife’s face for not trying to have another relationship...and just fuck around again. Ian had been a wild boy before his wife had settled him down with her caring and sweet nature.

Now he just focused on his son, his pack...though the attractive stranger was a tempting sight with his darker colorings compared to Ian’s freckled skin and ginger hair. About and hour after the stranger had arrived Ian’s co-worker told him that someone was calling him on his cellphone, the things buzzing in the small break room behind the bar.

Ian excused himself with a dashing smile that made two ladies fan themselves before he went to take the call. It was his son. “Papa I can’t sleep...Miz Addly did all the stuff good but I can’t sleep.” the tired voice of his son called out for Ian to drop everything and go to him, but he still had at least 4 hours left in his shift before he could bug the co-worker to let him leave early…not that he’d be able to see his son right away with the moon to round.

“Pup it’s alright, do you want me to tell you the story about the pale princess and the wolf again?” Ian asked a small smile on his face as Tristan made a small yes sounding noise. “Miss Hadley please put me on speaker phone if you have it.” Ian asked before he began the story.

20 minutes later Ian was back out behind the bar, a strained look on his face. “Did you tell your son a story Ian?” one of the waitresses asked and the ginger man nodded.

“He has trouble sleeping unless i read or sing him to sleep...he’s gotten better but there are nights when the pup just wants his papa.” Ian pushed ginger curls out of his face, on the top side of his left forearm was a jagged scar that almost looked like a mix of claw and bite wounds. Though because of all his tattoos most people just assumed it was a very realistic one. He never corrected them.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-04-2018, 07:29 AM

Jensen quirked an eyebrow when the ginger bartender left to answer a call, but thought nothing of it. He went back to nursing, hell he threw it back in one gulp, his whiskey. He felt himself inwardly perk, much to his displeasure, when Ian returned twenty minutes later. He still couldn't figure out what it was about the ginger that drew him, unless it was just the fact that he hadn't had any company besides his hand in months, nearly a year actually. Anyone who seemed to get attached to him always seemed to wind up dead so it was just better for everybody if his hand was his only company. Besides, no matter how tough Jensen looked and acted, underneath it he had a big, soft heart. He couldn't stand loosing people or causing them harm because of him. So he stayed a drifter, loner as much as he would love to settle down have a family and the white picket fence.

Jensen's attention was drawn back to the ginger as he began to talk about his son and Jensen's mind random decided to start trying to imagine and display a little version of Ian. The dark haired hunter didn't even notice the smile that softened his features at the mental image paired with Ian's words. Jensen's soft mood evaporated as Ian pushed back his hair and Jensen's trained eyes caught sight of the nasty scar hiding under the tattoos. The scar looked like something doled out by a wolf or werewolf. He instantly knew that he needed to keep an eye on this ginger, talk to him when he was away from the crowd. A man with a scar like that HAD to know something about the werewolf.

PurpleBox

Old 05-05-2018, 02:50 AM

Tristan didn't look a thing like Ian… aside from the dusting of freckles on the little boy’s plump cheeks. The little boy looked so much like his mum, big blue eyes and pale blond hair, it was hard some days for Ian to look at his son because he was reminded of his first love… but then he reminded himself that Tristan needed twice the love from Ian because he was the little ones only parent.

The ginger haired father was unaware that someone figured his scar was more than a very detailed tattoo… he continued his shift with a friendly smile. Servings drinks and some food to the pub goers, he stepped back a few minutes before his shift was over to drink some water, Ian could feel the moon outside calling to him and he was sweating a bit from the effort it took to just not run outside to release the beast inside.

Ian finished his glass was water as his co worker approached him. “You'r free to go Ian, Boss okied you taking the usual days off, guess you got to get all the time in with your kid that you can eh?” The co worker laughed to himself as Ian went to grab his coat from the break room.

Cool air greeted Ian and he took a deep breath, walking steadily down the road towards the spot he could cut into the forest, like the forecast said the moon was covered by clouds, even still he could feel the pull under his skin, he could feel the fur of his beast wanting to push out of his skin and the bone sin his jaw wanting to elongate and sharpen his teeth.

Ian only noticed that someone was following him when the wind blew from behind him, bringing a scent to him that had the ginger haired man turning around on the spot.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 AM

When Jensen saw the ginger bartender leaving, he made his move. His brain instantly went to that hyper alert place it went when he was on the job. He waited a few minutes after Ian left to pay for his drink, grabbed his coat and left the bar. It only took him a minute of standing outside, after retrieving his gear bag from the car, to pick up Ian's trail. He followed the ginger down the road towards the woods, sticking to the dark and shadows all that he could. He wondered where Ian was going, perhaps the man was friends with the werewolf. Or perhaps, the handsome bartender was the werewolf. Either way, Jensen would finish the job.

Even as he thought that though, an image of a child popped up in his head, a flash back of Ian talking about his son. Jensen shoved it away angrily. You couldn't let emotions or your heart cloud your judgement in this job. Not killing a creature when given the chance could be a fatal mistake for many and even potentially himself. His job was to neutralize the threat before it could harm anymore, not sit back and try to decide if it was dangerous or safe. Many could loose their lives during that time.

Jensen tensed the moment that the ginger man turned to face him. He realized that while he was thinking about that child, letting himself be distracted by it, he must have made a slip up. His prey was now aware of his presence and the time for tailing Ian was over. His hand slipped to the small of his back, wrapping around the pearl handled butt of his Colt 1911. He wouldn't pull it yet but he was prepared as his mocha eyes watched the other man for the first move.

PurpleBox

Old 05-06-2018, 03:59 AM

In the dim light of the sparsely lit road close to the forest. “Going somewhere mate?” Ian asked, feeling his skin tighten when the stranger from the bar settled a hand at the small of his back… was he reaching for a weapon? Ian hoped not….he just wanted to run, but he had a human face still as the clouds moved across the sky.

The only odd thing about Ian was the golden flecks in his eyes seemed to be glowing… making his eyes stand out in the darkness of the growing night. HIs inner beast was snarling at him to attack the man that was clearly a threat to Ian… and my proxy Tristan…. The thought had Ian rolling his toned shoulders under his jacket, the call of the moon behind the clouds still called to him, whispering sweet sounds of freedom among the trees.

HIs ears picking up the steady beat of the other man's heart… the gentle shifting of hsi clothing as he moved….like this stranger had followed many before Ian...it unsettled Ian even more...and made his want to growl out a warning to the man to leave him the fack alone.

“The woods can be dangerous at night…” Ian found himself saying his own heart beating in his chest, knowing the change was close as clouds slowly rolled away revealing the full pale moon to the world. Just as slowly Ian’s green eyes slowly became overcome with gold, only small slivers of green remained in the ginger man's eyes now. HIs teeth ground together as they pressed outward into points and Ian felt his joints begin to shift… this was not good….

He needed to get into the woods… he needed to shed his clothes before they ripped off of him. Darting to the right into the bushes Ian ran, not waiting any longer when he felt his nails turnings into claws he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back attacking the stranger is he didn't get away soon. It was only moments later that he felt his pants begin to rip, the wound of tearing fabric grated on his increasingly sensitive ears as hsi bones began to shift and change, it caused Ian some pain but he’d had years to get used to it. Mere moments past and a large wolf with markings like a red timber wolf and a coat to match the ginger hair of its human counterpart the werewolf was soon fully formed under the filtering moon light between the trees.

Canine ears could pick up the sound of booted feet chasing after them… the russet werewolf let out a dangerous growl of warning to whom ever was following them.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Jensen's dark eyes, nearly black in the darkness of the night, studied the ginger intently, and part of him knew that it wasn't just the hunter cornering his prey. There was still that unexplainable draw that he was feeling, the mysterious, deep, almost primitive feeling drawing him to Ian. "Easy Mate, just want to know how you got that scar," Jensen began, holding up one hand, palm towards the other man.

He started to pull his hand away from the gun but froze when he say Ian's eyes. The beautiful emerald pools were rapidly being over come by gold, the green shrinking to emerald flecks. Every muscle in Jensen's body tensed as his mind screamed Something's not right! His mocha eyes flitted rapidly over the situation, soaking up every detail until they landed on the full moon. Everything clicked in his head in that instant and he knew that he was staring at the werewolf that Tarrence had been talking about. But instead of pulling his gun and firing a silver bullet through Ian McLocke's head, like his job demanded, he froze up. For the first time in Jensen Black's career as a supernatural hunter, he froze at the kill, staring into those golden eyes.

Then the spell was broken as Ian spun and dove into the woods, disappearing into the underbrush. Jensen took off after him, not even sure what he planned to do when he caught him. For once he wasn't even thinking clearly or plotting the take down. No this time that primitive draw was calling the shots, short circuting his logical mind, and demanding that he follow Ian, find the handsome ginger. And then he caught a glimpse of him, not the bartender man, but the russet marked wolf. "Ian I don't want to hurt you," he called into the night, his deep voice booming. "I can help you; let me help you." He couldn't explain why he was chasing the werewolf through the woods, begging Ian to let him help him, when his logical brain tried to scream how dangerous this was. Jensen was at Ian's mercy here, the ginger knew these woods inside and out and pair that with the senses of a wolf, he could easily take Jensen out. And yet here the dark haired man was, pelting through the woods like a rookie hunter, begging the werewolf to let him help him.

PurpleBox

Old 05-07-2018, 06:57 PM

Another warning growl left Ian as he had to skid to a stop to avoid barreling into a open field, amber eyes locked onto the hunter, that’s what this man was his mind screamed at him,a hunter that would kill him. Render his pup a orphan… the thought at Ian growling deep in his chest. Facing the hunter, his russted ears pinned back against his head, whatever weapon that the man had, it hadn't been drawn and that was the only reason the stranger was drawing breath still.

Teeth snapped when the dark haired man made a move closer, Ian wasn't acting like a crazed beast with no mind… he’d long since gotten the hang of being one with his wolf, but his instincts were screaming at him to protect his pup, to survive the night so he could hold his little boy once more.

Ian was poised to run again, his mind recalling what the other called called out… help him? How could a hunter help him, there was no cure for Lycanthropy other than a a silver bullet in the heart or head… and that was death. The ginger wolf refused to allow himself to die and abandon his pup. Minutes slowly crawled by, Ian stayed rooted to the spot, guarded but not poised to attack just yet, his claws fug into the forest floor under him, his form a imposing shape in the moonlight that flitted through the trees and shown otu bright onto the open field. Some night time deer where grazing on the far end of the field, the wind blowing their scent towards the pair, thought only Ian would be able to smell it and part of his wolf wanted to hunt the deer, they made better game then lazy cows… or piss soaked humans.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-09-2018, 06:48 AM

Jensen skidded to a stop when he saw the russet wolf halt and turn to face him. He moved a step closer but stopped when the creature's ears pinned and it growled. He couldn't stop his eyes from tracing over the werewolf even as his mind formed the thought His wolf form is stunning. And the wolf was, stunning and yet Jensen knew he could also be deadly dangerous. Which was why the logical part of his brain screamed out at him when he chose to follow his heart and gut this time. He pulled his hand away from his gun and relaxed his body language letting it becomes as non-threatening as he could. "Does your kid know?" he asked softly as he gazed into the golden eyes.

Jensen couldn't even be sure if Ian could understand him in this form. He had never really tried to communicate with someone in the wolf form of werewolf. Well besides the obvious times when he was rescuing someone and yelling at the creature to stay away from the victim. So why are you standing here trying to talk to one now? Your job is to kill it; protect the people. He shook the thought away for somehow, he just couldn't manage to pull his gun and put a bullet in this beautiful creature's head, not unless Ian forced his hand. Besides the man had a kid to return to and there was no way in the world Jensen would leave the child fatherless.

PurpleBox

Old 05-09-2018, 05:44 PM

Golden eyes were narrowed as the hunter looked him over, even as the humans body language begame relaxed Ian still had his ears pinned back, some teeth showing but he made no move to pounce. At the mention of his kid… his son….his pup, if he knew about Ian’s monthly issue…. The wolf's face dropped its defencive posture and Ian’s tail drooped behind him, his hears lowering in a sad pose instead of being pinned back in semi attack mode.

A small whine left Ian, he hadn’t told his son about this… and hadn’t until the boy was older and Ian had more control, he would never risk hurting his pup if he lost control, so he always sent the boy to another house for the night. Most people thought it was so he could get a full nights sleep after working double shifts, he was lucky that his work lined up so well with his monthly plans most times.

Claws dug into the earth as the wolf shifted a bit, eyes staying locked on the hunter, but they had lost their feral gleam, and something about them, even when being golden, was all Ian, no mindless beast in sight. The moon rose higher and the light made it so one could see faint marking sunder the wolf's fur, Ian’s tattoos, they stayed with him even in his shift from man to wolf.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-13-2018, 09:55 AM

Jensen felt his secretly big heart, the one this ginger had somehow wormed his way into, nearly break at the dejected and sad look on the wolf before him. "Hey, relax. He won't find out from me," Jensen reassured in his deep voice. He took a step closer to the wolf before dropping to one knee in the dirt, about five feet from the werewolf form of Ian. "That is something a boy should learn from his father when the time is right. And I'm not going to kill you, even though everyone ounce of my hunter training is screaming to. But I'm not the only hunter out there and it is only a matter of time before another finds you." Jensen wasn't sure why he was telling Ian all of this, if the ginger could even understand him, but he kept up the calm, gentle speech. "Now being one and knowing how they think, I can help delay them from finding you. And keep you away from and people away from you, while you are...wolfed out. Avoiding contact with and sightings by other humans in this form, should help prolong the time until another hunter finds you."

PurpleBox

Old 05-14-2018, 05:43 AM

The deep rumble of the strangers voice was almost soothing to the distressed wolf, Ian knew that there where other ‘hunters’ out there… and he’d killed one while wolfed out… he didn’t eat the man… and had buried him once he became human when the sun rose…. It had made bile rise in Ian’s mouth that day…. To know that he had killed another human… this was back when he was still struggling to accept what he was.

Since moving to the town Ian felt that he had been careful… sure some of the farmer saw him killing their cattle… but they never got close enough for him to feel threatened by them...Tarrence had gotten the closest… by stumbling upon Ian after the wolf had taken out a deer… the farm hand had a gun and that was what had made Ian growl ferociously at the man that night...Gold eyes looked towards the hunter with suspicion, no aggression, just caution and suspicion… like he couldn't figure out the man before him.

Jensen’s scent was clear… he wasn’t lying...after a moment or two Ian sat his haunches down before resting the rest of himself down on the forest floor, golden eyes still on Jensen as he rested his big head on his paws, seaming to settle in for a while, the moon still graced the pair with her light peaking through the trees.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-16-2018, 02:26 AM

Jensen's could help or stop the grin that lifted his lips when the wolf relaxed to the forest floor. He wasn't sure why it made him so phenomenally happy to see that he had earned the ginger's trust, at least a sliver of it. His mocha eyes trailed over the stunning creature before him, almost caressing the ginger fur the way his fingers itched to. Lulled into some sort of trance by the moonlight and those beautiful golden eyes before him, Jensen only realized and stopped him when his hand was stretched halfway out to pet the wolf.

Get a hold of yourself man, he mentally reprimanded himself, snatching his hand away. This isn't somebody's dog; there is a hot ginger bartender in there. He nearly face palmed as he realized he had used the word hot to describe another man, but then, if he was honest with himself, it did truly describe Ian. Jensen looked awkwardly around, scrambling for a distraction from his near slip. He had never lost his head like this around another creature in his life, human or otherwise. Especially not since becoming a hunter and yet here he was fumbling awkwardly like a teenager on his first date.

PurpleBox

Old 05-17-2018, 05:56 AM

Ginger ears twitched when the hunters hand came close to petting Ian. No show of teeth, just a ear twitch and a look on the big wolf’s face that screamed. ‘Seriously… I’m not a pet to pat.’ it was amazing what the gold eyes could convey with a single look. Ian had a feeling that it would be a long, long night, and he was right in a way, the moon seemed to move slowly across the star peppered sky.

Ian only raised his hackles once, at a pair of badgers that where getting to close, he let out a soft growl of warning to tell them to scram, Ian didn’t exactly want to hunt right now… but the little furry residents of the forest always tempted him whether they knew it or not. Most of the time he just stalked the prey… but sometimes he just gave in to the urge to sink his fangs into a juicy deer rump and feel the warm blood spill and bones snap under his powerful paws.

Slowly the moon began to sink behind the trees, the light leaving the small area the hunter and werewolf where in and just as slowly green began to over take the ginger wolf, getting up on big paws Ian padded to the side to be behind a tree when the felt the first ache that signaled his change back into human…

A very human groan left the dirty, sweaty ginger man as he slumped against the tree, he was buck naked like a baby. His freckled skin was covered in dirt and his eyes were back to being green with flecks of gold, though the green was more dominate this time, the gold barely being able to be seen. “Thanks to that chase last night I have no clothes on hand.” Ian’s voice was thick with his accent and sounded like he’d gargled with gravel, he looked at Jensen from behind the tree, not quite ready to reveal his naked self to the man who had chased him last night.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-17-2018, 07:56 AM

Jensen backed off just a touch, settling back against the trunk of a tree when he saw the ginger wolf's expression. What did you expect him to do, lean into it like a pet dog? He shook his dark head, lost in his own reprimanding thoughts; only breaking out of them when he heard a soft growl from the ginger wolf. When he saw the badgers, he relaxed as there was no immanent threat that he needed to address. At least he hoped that Ian in werewolf form could deal with a few badgers.

The night passed slowly and peacefully and even though he didn't sleep, Jensen found the night somehow restful. He looked up in surprise, one dark eyebrow quirking up when the wolf got to its feet and disappeared out of sight behind a tree. He got to his feet, intending to follow, when he heard a very human groan from behind said tree and realized what was happening.

"Sorry about that," Jensen apologized when he realized how he had messed things up for Ian. He pulled off his flannel over shirt and tossed it around the tree to the ginger. "You going to be all right here while I go back for the clothes," he asked. He could back track the way the came no problem and he was pretty positive that he could find his way back to Ian.

PurpleBox

Old 05-17-2018, 07:01 PM

“Yeah… always a bit sore after these nights….thanks for… not killing me….and the flannel mate.” Ian said as he picked up the shirt, it hung on his trim frame, giving him a small sense of modesty, normally he would have managed to take his clothes off before he changed, he normally carried them in his massive maw to a spot that he buried them for the next morning.

Rolling his shoulder Ian felt his spine pop in a few places, making his groan again. “I don’t think I’m going to move for a few hours now….” Ian found himself saying to himself when the hunter had left, a part of Ian realized he didn’t even know the hunters name, where as the hunter had heard his name at the pub last night. He still had a few hours till he’d have to make his way back to his small cottage and get some fresh clothes and then go pick up his sleepy son.

After a night like last night Ian felt like he needed to be close to his only pack, his son, his pup. His tattoos stood out on his pale skin in the early morning light, the more prominent one was the ‘WOLFGANG’ scrawled across his shoulders, like a monoker how it was written in a old time script. Oddly enough Ian got the nickname from a childhood friend that he used to play fantasy games with as a child. Ironically the character he’d played had been bitten and turned into a shapeshifter, similar to Ian at this moment… he always found that funny when he looked back on it.

Sensitive ears picked up the hunters return and Ian was leaning against the tree he had been hiding behind before when the man of darker colors approached again. Most of his sore muscles had worked themselves back to normal now, Ian looked like he’d just had a wild night time party in the woods with the smattering of dirt and leaves in his hair. It was hard to see him being that massive killing machine with claws and fang just a few hours ago.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 PM

"Its the least I could do," Jensen answered lamely, both in response to not killing the ginger and for throwing the man his flannel. "I'll be back soon." Jensen turned and jogged off through the woods, back in the direction they had come. Before long he reached the road and jogged back to the bar to pick up his car. He parked the Impala on the side of the road, where he and Ian had taken off into the woods last night. Getting out, he checked the trunk for a spare change of clothes, finding the old hoodie and sweatpants he kept there. They would be big on Ian's slighter frame but they were the best that Jensen could do and better than nothing he figured. He grabbed a bottle of water and some granola bars too, figuring the other man might be in need of them.

Everything in hand, he set off back into the woods. The walk back gave him time to think, and for the life of him he still couldn't understand his urge not to kill the werewolf. Sure Ian seemed like a great guy, posed no threat to people while wolfed out and even avoided them, and had a kid, but the reason went deeper. There was still that mysterious and ever so strong draw he felt from the ginger bartender. Even as his hunter instincts screamed at him to kill the beast; he heart whispered Don't. He is different and you need him as much as he needs you. Jensen wasn't comfortable with those thoughts. He needed no one and was a lone wolf by choice, for every time he let anyone close, they always ended up dead or hurt because of him.

"I brought you my spare clothes. Sorry they will be a bit big," Jensen said when he saw the ginger leaning against the tree. He tossed the man the sweatpants and hoodie. "Also brought you some water and snacks.'" He shrugged awkwardly as he tossed those to the man too.