Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 11:04 PM

Jensen watched the boy scamper out of the room with a grin. The kid was just so adorable and smart and quickly stealing the man's heart. His dark eyes turned back to Ian as he took a last bite of waffles and chewed thoughtfully. "I don't think so. I only heard the faintest rumor of it, a town or two over when I stopped for gas. It was one of those, 'did you hear so-and-so say that he heard so-and-so from the next town over say he saw a wolf.' I barely paid it any mind myself; figured I would give it a quick check since I was bored and passing through, but I honestly expected it to just be drunk talk." Jensen said with a half-hearted shrug. "But I will nose around, WITHOUT raising any suspicions. See if someone else heard the tale and picked up any interest."

He leaned back in his chair with a content sigh, one hand rubbing at his full belly. That was the best meal he had had in a long time. "How about you let me clean up while you help out the little man." Jensen said, getting to his feet and picking up his plate. He figured it was the least he could do for Ian feeding him.

PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging s...

Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM

“Well I guess that’s one bonus about living in the middle of nowhere… people think you’re just spouting hooey.” Ian shrugged his shoulders as a soft grin broke across his freckled stubble covered cheeks. “I should warn you that the sink sometimes needs to be hit to get the right temperature… old plumbing and all that.” Ian said when Jensen offered to do the dishes so the wolf could help his son bathe.

A friendly hand on the hunter’s shoulder showed a well of thanks as Ian passed the other man to follow his son, picking up the dropped bottle of bubbles that his son had missed picking up after hurrying into the bathroom.

Ian was soon elbow deep in bath suds, having taken his shirt off so it wouldn't get wet he helped Tristan with bathing, shampooing the little boys soft curls with the stuff that didn’t sting if it got in kids eyes. Tristan more focused on playing with his ducky and trying to give the worn duck a soapy hair doo, it made Ian smile. It never took long to get his son squeeky clean and tickling the boy through the towel was always fun.

Tristan’s laughter echoed through the small cottage and soon Ian had stepped back into the kitchen with his son in clean clothes, still shirtless himself, some water dripped from his freckled face as he finished drying off Tristan’s hair. “Papa that tickles!” the little boy giggled, his blue eyes bright and happy.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-24-2018, 07:59 AM

"I think I can handle it." Jensen reassured Ian with a laugh, even as his heart warmed and skipped a beat at the hand on his shoulder. It took him a moment to shake of the daze as his dark eyes followed Ian out of the room, but soon Jensen set about the task of cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. He got the temperature right, after having to hit the sink just like the ginger had said, and once he had it filling with soapy water he went in to clean up the table. He stacked all the dirty dishes and deposited them in the sink before wiping down the table.

Once he had the dishes washed and dried he set about wiping down the counter which is where he was when Ian came back into the kitchen with a clean Tristan. Jensen glanced up but did a double take and frozen when he saw a shirtless Ian. He hadn't seen the other man when they were out in the woods last night and now he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from the expanse of pale skin. His eyes took in every detail, every scar, every freckle, every groove and plane of muscle. He swallowed roughly and finally drug his dark eyes away from Ian's chest and up to the man's face.

PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging s...

Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 PM

Ian felt Jensen’s eyes on him even though his own green eyes where on his son who was giggling in his arms, resting against a scarred hip of Ian’s that peaked out from his pants. Ian was in very good shape even before he was turned, his muscles where toned and well maintained under his pale freckled skin. The few scars he had where form that night he was turned and the fight with the hunter he had killed….

The wolf looked over the kitchen a bit surprised, and it showed on his face, he hadn't expected the hunter to do a through job, it was impressive. Green eyes moved to the hunter and Ian flashed a smile of thanks as he let his son down onto the floor. “Wow this looks like it did afta Papa cweaned when we moved in.” The little boy smiled up at Jensen, his own so much like Ian’s but with blue sky eye’s instead of the bring spring green that belonged to the blond boy’s father.

The trio moved from the kitchen into the living room where Tristan sprinted off to play with his toys, a mix of action figures and dolls that had seen love and wear and tear, this left the men to sit on the couch, just out of hearing of little ear, Ian could still keep a ear on his son and hold a conversation with Jensen.

“So… if you don’t mind me asking...how did you get started in all this….hunting and protecting stuff?” the ginger wolf gestured with his hands, not sure what gesture to use, his green eyes held a curiosity to them… and the desire to know these things to better protect his pup.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 08-01-2018, 07:24 AM

Jensen sighed at Ian's question as he debated what and how much to tell the other man. He rarely let people close or told them about his back story but he had the desire to tell Ian. In fact he desperately wanted the man to know, so he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"I don't tell most people, probably because the majority of the population would think me crazy," Jensen began slowly, taking time to pick his words and form his thoughts. "And growing up I was with most of that population. Demons, werewolves, vampires; they were all the stuff of books and movies. Until the day a demon killed my parents when I was 12." Jensen's already dark eyes were nearly black with pain and emotion. "A hunter who had been tracking it, found me a couple of days later. Jed took me in and raised me as his own. He was the one who taught me to hunt."