Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Shade didn't react at first, just kept looking at Ciel, processing his words slowly. Slowly though the flush still lingering on his cheeks deepened. But even as he was blushing, he couldn't say he wasn't considering it. It wasn't like he hadn't considered it before, but he really hated going clubbing by himself. Besides, he though looking Ciel over, it wasn't like he was bad looking. He found himself really considering the prospect. Though he still wasn't sure if it would really help. "I don't know, I still feel like just waiting it all out is the best plan," he said after a few moments.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 PM

Ciel watched Shane flush, feeling sure that he had him hooked. It wasn't that Ciel really went fishing for a friends with benefits sort of relationship or that he needed one in his life, but he still wanted Shane to say yes. After all, he should get something out of this flop of a date. The other's words didn't reflect his interpretations though. Ciel frowned slightly as he leaned back in his seat, regarding Shane. Was he just that stubborn? "If you say so," he sighed. "But you have my number, so if you change your mind, you can call me day or night. I don't care, kay. Whatever you need, boo." He half smiled again, trying to show that he understood.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-07-2016, 09:25 PM

After a few more moments consideration, Shane found himself narrowing his eyes at Ciel, as he replayed the evening through his head, "You know, I think any other guy on a date like this would have left by now," he said, careful on each word wanting to get his exact point across. "I've been a horrible date, moping about the guy who set us up. Why are you still here? And I really doubt it was just to offer to have sex."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 AM

Ciel found himself considering that question. He didn't think about it himself, other than he always enjoyed a little fun. More than anything, he guessed he just didn't come here looking for anything in particular. After a second, he shrugged one shoulder, smiling again. "Am I that strange? You know I'm not any other guys though," he sighed, a hint of pride in those words. "But I guess the truth is, I like you. Or at least, I get you. Hmm, and I guess I just wasn't ready to settle down after all!" He waved a hand, all smiles. "A queen's gotta play while she can!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-09-2016, 02:02 AM

Shane felt himself chuckling a bit helplessly at Ciel's last statement, "I can't believe you just said that, " he said, shoulders still shaking, even if he could believe that Ciel had said exactly those words. He chuckled for a couple more seconds before sobering. "I guess, I can understand that. And really this 'date' has been more fun than expected, if I little awkward." He was kept speaking, building up to the next words, because the more he thought, just sitting and talking, the more he released there was no harm in accepting the offer. "Well, I guess I really am not really opposed to your offer." It was as close to an upfront yes he was getting, entirely expecting Ciel to take the reins again after he spoke.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-09-2016, 05:46 PM

Ciel didn't look the least bit repentant even as Shane laughed. Passing twenty-five was old in gay terms so he felt no shame in enjoying his prime. His smile turned brighter after a second. Despite not being overly interest in a date with Shane, he felt glad it turned out fun the end. It was the same for him, and possibly more fun than a successful date would be. "Oh?" He let his chin rest on the back of a knuckle, one eyebrow raised. "Is that a yes then? Because if you're interested in trying it out now, ya know, I'm ready..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-11-2016, 10:52 PM

"Yeah," Shane said, shaking his head as if he couldn't believe he was agreeing to this, but he really didn't have anything to lose did he. And it wasn't like he wanted to go back home and report another failed date to Quinn, because, well, it almost seemed a bit pathetic at that point. "So I guess the question know is, your place or mine? I have no clue if Quinn will be home, but if I had to guess I'd say the apartment's empty and he's out with people, or he's with his fuck buddy."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2016, 03:06 AM

Ciel grinned, the look almost savage and playful at the same time. "Oh definitely yours. After all, it's this Quinn you're so torn up about so what if he sees us? Well, that is just fine," he hummed, grin only getting wider. Ciel pushed back his chair, standing with grace though his eyes never left Shane. "Are we done here? Because I never was any good at waiting. We have a killer crush to distract you from after all." He offered his hand so Shane could take it and walk out hand in like like a pair of mock boyfriends because if he was doing this, then he was doing this all out.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-14-2016, 11:28 PM

Shane took the offered hands, entwining their fingers, even if it felt kind of wrong. He went with it understanding the point even if he didn't agree that it was necessary. "Yeah, I guess my place is probably better," he said, almost noncommittally, not really sure if he wanted Quinn to see him before he had sex with someone who was basically a stranger. It's not like he thought Quinn would judge, but it felt a bit like rubbing something in Quinn's face, though again not that Quinn would probably mind. So it was probably just the part of him that didn't want to give up on the crush, which was ridiculous so he just ignored the feeling heading on towards his apartment, determined.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM

Quinn checked his phone at work, wondering at the odd radio silence he'd been receiving that week. Jamie was completely unresponsive and the slight decrease in interaction with his roommate made that more stark. Not that there was anything significant in that, Shane always talking about how he needed to study and that Quinn distracted him. This week wasn't unusual, just unpleasant. He still hadn't had a chance to ask about the last date Shane went on, no matter how desperate he was for information. Maybe he shouldn't be so invested, but he just couldn't help it for some reason. Blame it on natural nosiness perhaps, though some of it just might be that it was Shane and that somehow mattered. He shook the thought off, knowing he still had thirty minutes of work left. His hours picked up, so he didn't really have time for all this socialness anyway. Curiosity would just have to wait.

"Quinn hun, can you get that box from the top shelf?" Sandra asked, breaking his thoughts and forcing him to shove his phone back in his pocket. Quinn flashed a bright smile to his coworker.

"Sure! Just give me a sec to get the ladder."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-18-2016, 12:58 AM

Shane was decidedly taking a break, probably when he really shouldn't, but Calculus had began to melt his brain, so he had flopped back on the couch and had decidedly not moved since. He sighed, knowing he'd need to get started again, but was already figuring out, how far behind it'd put him if he just didn't do the rest of his homework tonight, knowing he'd regret it later, but motivation having left him.

As he lay there, he pulled out his phone, planning to just scroll through Instagram or something. He had a text from Ciel asking to go clubbing the next weekend, the other convinced to find him another bed partner already it seemed. He chuckled, as he sent a quick reply in the affirmative, curious how they would do as each other's wingmen. He was glad Quinn hadn't had the chance to ask him about the previous date yet, knowing it'd been on the tip of the other's tongue more than once. He didn't really know what to say in answer.

After he texted Ciel, he sent a quick text to Quinn, 'You should grab dinner on your way home. I don't want to cook, and I doubt you do. Something unhealthy sounds better than anything.' With that, he set his phone done, closing his eyes, deciding a nap was just what he needed to get his motivation back.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2016, 11:05 PM

By the time work ended, Quinn felt exhausted, a groan wanting to escape his mouth the second he walked outside. Of course he stayed longer than he had to, as usual, always helping out just because someone asked. Normally he didn't mind at all, but he felt pulled a little thin. Perhaps because he didn't have a chance to play around much lately. His life lacked balance, and home cooked meals. He signed again, texting as he walked to his car. Tomorrow, he should consider running to work.

As he read Shane's message, he felt an odd flurry of excitement reviving him, though the message brought him no real joy. It really did suck being ignored. Though he wouldn't mind cooking, he realized Shane was right. It was already too late and he was too hungry, so he sent a message back in confirmation and that he was on the way. He collected burittos from a highly underrated food truck and found himself home minutes later. "Hi, honey. I'm home!" he called in greeting, a grin instantly spreading across his face.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-21-2016, 02:06 AM

Shane groaned, when the door closed behind Quinn, eyes blnking open as he set up in the semi-dark apartment. He looked at his roommate blankly for a couple seconds, still waking up. Eventually the smell of the burritos hit his nose, and he grinned, standing. "Oh you're home." he walked over, grabbing at the bag with the food in it, "Please tell me these are from that food truck," already pulling them out of the bag, before hunting out plates for them to eat on, knowing the tacos would be messy. "Thank you, so much. I needed some sort of pick me up after all that studying. Though we should just chill tonight. I need a break."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-23-2016, 12:12 AM

Quinn grinned doubly, though Shane didn't offer him any comeback to his teasing greeting. That would make most men awkward without a response or denial, but he didn't care, even if maybe he shouldn't say such things now that he knew his roommate was gay. It just seemed so distant and unrelated to him that he didn't act any different. "Of course it is," he hummed as he pulled his burrito from the bag, feeling the warmth through the foil wrapper. It was one of the perks of the area they lived in--epically awesome tacos and burritos on every street corner. That and the pine fresh morning air. "That sounds great. I feel like we haven't had a chance to just chill together in forever. I have so many things to talk to you about!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-23-2016, 01:09 AM

"Which means you want to interrogate me about that last date," Shane said, sighing, knowing his roommate too well. And also knowing he didn't really want to talk to much about it. He wasn't really sure what Quinn's reaction to be, and he wasn't sure he wanted to find out. It's not like Quinn could judge him for being friends with benefits, that's basically what he and Jamie were, but it felt different somehow. He bit into the burrito, not providing Shane any information, fully intending to make Quinn for whatever information he did decide to give the other. "But it has been too long since we could just hang out. I'm sorry school has just been crazy lately."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-26-2016, 03:04 PM

Quinn shrugged, an unrepentant grin on his face. Taking his burrito, he perched sideways on the edge of a kitchen chair, his legs stretched out across the walkway. "Yeah. I feel like you're hiding something, or do you really just not want go tell me these things just because I'm straight? I told you I won't judge." He waved a hand then turned his attention to his burrito with the same casual air he'd spoken with. None of this was a big deal so it made no sense that Shane would be worried and keep secrets from him, him who might die of curiosity. He waved his burrito as he continued to talk." But yeah, I get it. Work is busy for me too. Not that I mind helping out everyone, but even my social life is going dead because of it! Now, are you going to tell me if you're dating or not?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-27-2016, 01:40 AM

Shane considered Quinn as he took a few more bites of his burrito, before slowly answering, "Well..." he said, drawing out each word he spoke, just to mess with Quinn, "I'm seeing Ciel again this next weekend...." He paused, a wry grin twisting his lips as he held the space between words, enjoying torturing his roommate, "But we're just gonna go to a bar, be each other's wingmen, or something like that." He finally finished, "And if neither of us find anyone at the end of the night, well, we've already fucked each other once, so we know the night won't be a complete fail." As he said, this he watched Quinn's reactions, testing the boundaries of if Quinn could really mean his words.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2016, 03:43 PM

Quinn opened his mouth, closed it, then just looked at Shane for a second. It wasn't that he was surprised, except that he was. This was the guy who didn't want to just sleep around to get over his crush and a couple weeks later, he's picking up guys at the bad and sleeping with some guy with a ridiculous name like Ciel. Like, who named their kid that? But hell, this was what he wanted right? Why was he acting so...well, he wasn't sure what. Quinn grinned, clapping Shane on the back. "T-that's great! Good for you!" he exclaimed, perhaps louder than he needed to. "But what the hell, I don't want all the details." He scrunched up his face with mock disgust, not wanting to think about his roommate and another guy in any sort of realness. He just didn't swing that way so of course it was weird. "I'm just glad you're getting out of the house and doing something."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-06-2016, 01:57 AM

Shane chuckled and shook his head, "Don't think I want to share those details anyway. But let's just agree, you're not allowed to set me up on any more dates. Ever." He knew he was reiterating their conversation from earlier, but he felt it was worth saying. "Ciel's cool and all, he's at least interesting, but let's just say my tastes run a bit manlier than the type of guys you were setting me up with." He shrugged, hoping even as he said the words that Quinn never found out he was Shane's crush. He could just see the manly comment going to the other's ego.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Quinn waved a hand in dismissal. "Yeah, yeah. Got it. No more dates for you." Raising an eyebrow, he appraised Shane, perhaps a little surprised that his friend preferred a more 'manly' type. Shane wasn't feminine himself and maybe that was his own cluelessness, but he'd guessed otherwise. But also, all the other gay people he knew or people he knew seemed to be far from the realm of macho. "Huh," he managed in response before shrugging it off with a roll of his shoulder. "Who would have thought. Just don't hang out with this Ciel person all the time and neglect me. I'll die of boredom if both you and Jamie ignore me!" He groaned just thinking about his dwindling social life these past few weeks.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-09-2016, 01:03 AM

"Don't worry Quinn, I don't think anyone could ever surpass you...." Shane murmured, words slipping out without his consent and almost quiet enough to not be heard. A hint of exasperation at the words, still feeling like the venture of getting over his crush on Quinn was such a useless venture. "And besides, there's a difference between a bar friend and a best friend." He said, louder, as his brain caught up with his mouth. "Ciel is nice, but he's not you, and you're my best friend for a reason."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-12-2016, 03:52 AM

Quinn grinned, not finding any real significance behind the words. Only that they were the words he wanted to hear. No one could replace him as best friend. "I'm glad," he murmured with the same seriousness. Even though the painfully honest compliment made him feel warm, his entire face beamed. He wouldn't shy away from it or flush just because of such honesty. Swinging to sit forward in his chair, he met Shane eyes with a strong gaze before blinking it away with a flippant wave of a hand. "And you know I'll hold you to those words the next time you tell me I'm too socially needy or whatever. Because that's what bros are for! Seriously though, thanks for saying that."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 AM

Shane narrowed his eyes at Quinn for a second, before rolling them back up into his head and taking a last couple bites of his burrito. "Maybe, I should back out of it, I somehow feel like I just inflated your ego without even trying..." he sighed, shaking his head and lowering it with another roll of his eyes. Deciding the conversation had gotten weird enough, and flirted too close to the truth for a second, he asked, "So what do you want to do for the rest of the evening? You want to go somewhere or stay in. I am really not doing homework for the rest of the evening, so...."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-20-2016, 01:30 AM

Quinn shook his head, still smiling. "Let's go out. We spend too much time cooped up in here, though as much as I'd like to suggest a friendly jog through the park, I doubt you'd want to join me." He chuckled to himself, knowing that burn in his muscles was something other people often didn't enjoy. But wasn't it so freeing? "Or I know a guy doing a talk about feral cat populations in the city down at the old amphitheater. There's free drinks and it will be nice to actually do something, ya know. We used to go to these kind of things back in school. It's fun!" And really, he hated to turn his back on the misunderstood feral cats.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-20-2016, 02:17 AM

Shane chuckled, standing and chunking the balled up foil wrapper into the trash can, "Sure, sounds good, just remember we're not allowed to come back with a pet. Just in case you know they have some for adoption. Neither you nor I have the type of time necessary for a pet." He walked out of the room as he said this, quickly changing out of his pajama pants and back into a pair of jeans, always preferring to be comfortable at home. He grabbed a brown leather jacket to layer on top of his t-shirt and then walked back out of his room, "Come on let's go, unless you want to change."