TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 09-29-2010, 04:49 AM

I know, some peoples are so means to tana T_T

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 AM

Aww :hug:

ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn Send a message via Yahoo to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn

Old 09-29-2010, 09:55 PM

I really like your writing, it's very good! I've never much cared for punctuation in poetry, as long as everything's spelled right. (big pet peeve of mine; text-speak in poems or stories. So irritating. I don't even like text-speak normally, so it drives me nuts in anything that's supposed to be serious.)

I have only read the first few, but I have a few concerns..

I think the first one is a matter of preference. But I thought I'd mention it anyways. I read "Laugh It Frightens People", and at this part;
Quote:
I walk outside in blizzards
And I question the truth
I live on the streets
And I stole your gold tooth
The "gold tooth" part seems like a struggling rhyme to me. It sounds sort of...forced, you know? Like I said, it's a matter of preference, and if you disagree, feel free to keep it that way. It's just a bit off in my opinion.

The second one is sort of in general, but mainly about "Laugh It Frightens People". I don't quite understand your rhyming pattern. Not all poetry has to rhyme, of course, but it seems like in certain parts of your poetry it rhymes, and in other parts it doesn't. If I'm missing something, please tell me, but I don't really see much of a pettern to it. If the rhyming is simply a coincidence (which doesn't seem likely for that one, but is possible for the others), sorry for the misunderstanding.

Like I said, though, I really do like your poetry. It's kind of ironic that this is mainly about "Laugh It Frightens People", but that's my favorite one. XD

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD
Send a message via AIM to TanaChan Send a message via MSN to TanaChan Send a message via Yahoo to TanaChan

Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 PM

That one was meant to not really make much sense, usually when I write it all comes out at once and I rarely edit a poem after its been deemed done and I'm not writting it anymore.
But yeah, Laugh it frightens people is meant to be a bit nuts and off

ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn Send a message via Yahoo to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn

Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 PM

Well, I didn't mean "off" so much as crazy (But it is. XD No worries, that's a good thing.), just that in that one part the rhythm seems a bit wrong. Like, it doesn't flow together as much as the rest of it. Maybe it's because I play an instrument (the Bass, even. Not the guitar, the giant, Orchestra instrument) and I like music so much, but the rhythm and whether or not it all flows together is one of the more important things to me. So I notice it a lot more. It's not a big thing, just something I noticed.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM

*nods* I understand where your comming from, but that's the way it's supposed to be, cause hte person is crazy, so he's off...get it? O-o

ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 AM

lol, yeah, I get it. XD Like I said, crazy is good. Definitely fitting for that poem.

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 AM

That's what I thought too

HeatherBella1

Old 08-09-2011, 11:07 PM

I just wanted you to know that your writing is beautiful and does for me what a cherished song or painting does, it brings me to a thought or memory or feeling instantly. Especially shadows, and for that I thank you. Write on...

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM

I am sorry for being Gone so long
I had things that needed done
A long time out
and now I move on

not from here,
oh no my friend
from here I shall never leave

My story is not yet done

jellyfaylene
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM

I absolutely love your style of writing! The only word I can think for it is "raw," but still extremely descriptive. That kind of thing is hard to achieve. I take on the same style of free-verse poetry as you -- no need to worry yourself with rhymes and rhythm if you get your message across. Haha.

I say ignore all the haters who tell you you're doing it wrong. Poetry is a completely interpretative form of art. If you don't want to use punctuation or whatever else, then don't. The beauty of poetry is, as the poet, those things are your choices alone.

I can definitely see how your work is published. Congratulations on that! That's a great thing! ...Not to mention all the haters are outnumbered. =X

TanaChan
Is a Happy Hooker! XD

Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 AM

Thank you ^_^