Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 02:28 AM

Welcome to the Library of Magic

Because things are extremely slow in here and have a lot less time for this then when I started this I have decided to close most of the games in here down. I am going to give away everything. It will mainly go to people who post in here.

So:
1. Tell me what you would like.
2. Chat.
3. Post quest threads (though I will dig them up too.)
---I want to see that you edit your thread often.

You open a door and find yourself in a large library. You step in and the door closes behind you. Swiftly you turn to look at the door then turn back towards the rows and rows of books only to see trees. You turn around to find yourself in a woods with nothing else in sight. You turn and see a cottage in the distance that you know wasn’t there before. You blink and find that the trees and cottage are gone and now replaced by a giant castle on the edge of the sea. You turn around once more and find yourself back in the library.

A woman walks out from behind one of the shelves and chuckles at your wide eyes. “Trying to figure out where you are?” She opens her arms and smiles widely. “Let me welcome you to the land of fairy tales, of fables, of legends. This library will take you to other worlds of magical beings and tales of woe. Learn your lessons and take home some pretty things.”

She drops her hands and spins on a heel. She disappears back into the shelves. Don’t worry if you need her she hasn’t gone far. Just ran off to grab a book. Enjoy the games she has set up.

Have fun but not too much.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-27-2012 at 01:28 AM..

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-02-2011, 02:41 AM

The Room and the Owner

A new woman walks out from the shelves. “I see you’ve meet the lovely Librarian. I hope she explained this room, or really realm, good enough. This room is connected to the magic in fairy tales, fables, and legends. Because of this you will find all of them on the shelves but you can also find the room change to place you into any of them."

Hopefully every week the games will change. The themes in them will change at least once a month. This could be as wide as Norse myths or as small as Red Riding Hood.

Now you might be wondering who I am. I am Lilith W. I am 22 and live in southern IL. I love to read, Smallville, Supernatural, anime, manga, and comics. Really into super heroes right now. I joined Mene in May 2007 but left the sight for about a half year. I’ve gone through so much stuff in my time here. I ran a charity in 2008 but closed it because of school. I love to host games and give to people and I’ve decided it is time to settle down in a thread.

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 AM

Rules

Suddenly you hear the voice of the woman from before. You look around but don’t see her.
“There are rules in here. This place may be filled with magic but that doesn’t change things. Be careful with my books. The rest of the rules are on that piece of paper by the door. Go take a look.”

General:

1. You must have 100 posts on the site to get anything in here.
2. You must have posted in here 10 times before you win anything. (this can be forms, game plays, or chatting) This can be part of your 100.
3. You must be 3 weeks old.
4. Be nice and polite.
5. Don’t beg.
6. Follow all rules.
7. Have fun.

To Get a Donation:

1. Fill out form correctly.
2. Post the form in blue (any blue). This is to make sure you read the rules.
3. Post an extra 20 times, for a total of 30 posts.
4. You can only get one donation a month.
5. Post your form in here.

For Games:

The rules for the games will be in the game’s post.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 07-02-2011 at 05:14 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:00 AM

Leprechaun Glade

You turn to find your back in a wooded area. In the distance you see a small glade. Sitting in the middle you see a pot of gold. You run over to it, like any sane person would but stop when you see the leprechaun. “Now, now youngster. This gold ain’t for free.” *chuckles* “Well Aye guess it kind of is. But it ain’t just for the taken. Ya need to follow the rules from before and fill out the form. Hm… where did that form go? Oh here they are.” *he pulls out a pile of papers from a pocket* “The Librarian made up these forms for me.”

Name:
Quest Thread: (You don’t have to have one)
Current Goal: (It can be anything, a certain amount of gold, an item, art, etc)
How Much You Need to Reach it: (simply what it says, how much gold you need to get there)

Current Questers

SPOILERX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxDark_DaysxXx View Post
Name: xXxDark_DaysxXx
Quest Thread: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...re-active.html
Current Goal: Dove Headwings+Anklewings
How Much You Need to Reach it: I'm not really sure how much they go for. XnX Looking on the market, I would say 11k to buy them, so 10k from where my gold amount is.

Quote:
Name: CrimsonShadow
Quest Thread: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...-delivery.html
Current Goal: I'm questing 9 CI's and then I'm done!
How Much You Need to Reach it: Umm pop..a lotta gold lol. But anything would be fine^^

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 08-10-2011 at 12:49 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:06 AM

Donated To

The Librarian steps out from behind a tree. She smiles kindly at the leprechaun before looking back up. “I will keep a full list of who has gotten a donation, what it was, and when it was given.”

Rozalyne- 450 for Trinity Guardian

xXxDark_DaysxXx- 4,300 for Dove wings (ankle and head)

Rozalyne- 300 for Night in the Graveyard

CrimsonShadow- 5,000g

LizzyCollinsDeArc- Red Commander's Hat

Rozalyne- 5,000g / order armor (to help towards astral halo) / lucky wings / whole bunch o' luck

Rozalyne- Voodoo Doll Skin

Ashtyn Leigh- Makin' Faces, Ire of Naias

Rozalyne- Queen's Crown

CrimsonShadow- Brainz, Sunny Side up

Linnea- Jamming, Rocking out

Roxxxy- 15 EIs

'Kitami- 26 commons

Ivvy- BRAINZZZ, Sunny Side Up, Shiver me Timbers!, Gargoyles

Paprika- Sunny Side Up, Shiver me Timbers!, Fox Spirit, Special Delivery, Gargoyles, Hissy Fit, Calesco's Fury

`Kitami- Halloween Goodie Bag – Blue, Halloween Goodie Bag – Green, Halloween Goodie Bag – Orange, Halloween Goodie Bag – Yellow, Who Hid The Catnip!!, Fun With Tinsel, Holiday Wreath, Aimee's Eggnog

sweet_serender159- Shiver me Timbers!, fox spirit

Apricot- Spirit of Atlantis, Obakemono, Jamming With Yumeh, Fox Spirit

Maria-Minamino- fox spirit

Shadami- sunny side up

Clair Voyant- Romance Isn't Dead Hairpin, Heartface Fox Slippers, Bone Belt, Halloween Goodie Bag - Green, Lise's Gingerbread Man x2, Nalin's Holiday Cookie x3, Aimee's Eggnog x2, Magnus's Creamy Cappuccino x3, Vicky's Red Velvet Cupcake x2, Mr. Mayor's Mulled Wine x5, Cessy's Chocolate Coin x2, Fun With Tinsel, Caged Heart, King of Hearts Staff x2, The Horrible Truth, BRAINZZZ x2

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-27-2012 at 01:27 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 AM

Cave of Wonders

In another part of the library you find yourself in a Cave of Wonders. There are piles of prizes everywhere.

Sorry it is such a mess in here.” The Librarian walks around a pile of treasure. “The treasure is set up into three piles, generally anyways sometimes there will be an extra special pile. Now this little fairy tale charity will be a bit different than others. There will be games and such but, in most cases, there will not be prizes for them. You will win scrolls and tomes. Scrolls and tomes can then be collected or traded in for the items in the piles. So that means if you want a big prize you’ll have to earn it. There is a list over there to explain how much the scrolls and tomes are and how much each prize is.”

Scrolls = 1
Tomes = 3

(This is for one item.)
Pile One- 2
Pile Two- 7
Pile Three- 10
Special Item- 50

Pile One

(earring set)
x2
x2 x2 x5 x2
x3 x3 x3 x2

Pile Two

set
x2 x2
x2

Pile Three

set x2
set

Special Pile

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 07-02-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 AM

Give to the Library

I see you have some items you would like to donate to us. Please place them over there and I will note them down. Thank you very much.”

Please send all donations to this mule.

I will keep a complete list of who and what was donated. If you would like to stay un-listed please tell me and I won’t note it.

DariaMorgendorfer- Sunlit Roman Wrap (F), Sun Armlet, Red Ladyship Hat, Luuuvly Golden Capri Pants, Priest of Fire Sash (F)

LizzyCollinsDeArc- Halloween Goodie Bag, Team Gasket Hammer Set, Team Sprocket Shovel Set, Team Sprocket Hammer Set, Team Gasket Shovel Set, Team Gasket Wrench Set, Team Sprocket Wrench Set

Roachi- Lucky Wings, Leprechaun Hat, Whole Bunch O' Luck, King of Hearts Crown, Two Cute Chicks Slippers, Two Cute Chicks Slippers, Snow Flakes, Frost Belt, Chilled Beauty, Frozen Warmth, Jamming With Yumeh, Rocking Out Rock Star, Order Armor

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 07-03-2011 at 05:09 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:41 AM

Closed for now

SPOILERX

Crossword Pile

You find a desk in the back corner of the library. On top there is a crossword. The crossword will be changed once a week or so. The first person, who correctly, gets it into me will get two scrolls. The next two people will get one scroll.

In a pm to this account with the number and the answer. Super easy.

This week's puzzle is all Aesop's Fables.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-24-2012 at 01:40 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 AM

closed currently

SPOILERX

Dress Up Room

You find a small door. You don’t remember it being there before. You open the door and find that it opens into a room filled with clothes and other items. This is the room for the Avatar Contest. I will be judging. 1st place will get a tome, 2nd place will get two scrolls, and 3rd will get one scroll.

Contest #2
Aesop's Fables

Pick an Aesop's Fable. Dress up to represent it. That doesn't mean simply dress as one of the characters.

Form
Name:
Story:
Character:
Other: Anything you would like to say.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-24-2012 at 01:41 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:03 AM

closed for now

SPOILERX

Writing Desk

You find a comfy desk with a pile of blank papers sitting on top. The Librarian walks out from behind a stack of books. “The library always needs new stories. If you would care to write one for us we might have some spare tomes and scrolls for you.”

For this contest we will have a guest judge, Clair Voyant, and myself.

1st place- one tome, two scrolls
2nd- one tome
3rd- two scrolls
4th- one scroll

Write a story about someone being crowned queen or king. This can be a noble or a commoner. If it is a commoner you must include a convincing reason as to why. There must be a prince or princess in the story and a Queen or a King. Bonus points if some kind of lesson is learned.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-24-2012 at 01:42 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 AM

closed

SPOILERX

Travels in the Tales

Hello again. I’ve recently been reading through some tales and have found myself wishing myself to go where the stories are. So, I’m going to describe a setting in one of these stories and the first person who gets the right story will get a tome. There will be one clue at a time. If someone doesn’t get it after a bit then I’ll add more clues.

Clue #1
You find an ant-heap.

Yout meet three princes.

You come upon a pond with ducks on it.

You find a bee hive.

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-24-2012 at 01:43 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 AM

Page Prizes

From here on the prizes will be a random item and not points

All page prizes will be the first post unless otherwise stated. You cannot win consecutive page prizes. (Meaning someone else must win the next one.)

Page 5- one scroll ~ xXxDark_DaysxXx
Page 10- one tome ~ xXxDark_DaysxXx
Page 15- one scroll ~ CrimsonShadow
Page 20- two scrolls ~ CrimsonShadow
Page 25- one scroll
Page 30- one tome
Page 35- one scroll
Page 40- two scrolls
Page 45- one scroll
Page 50- one tome
Page 50, post 5- one tome
Page 50, post 8- one tome

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-24-2012 at 01:44 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 AM

closed

SPOILERX

Raffle

I see you’ve noticed the other list on the wall. This is a list for the Raffle. Once a month I will raffle off one of the months CI sets. Now I’m sorry to say this isn’t for free. The library does have money needs. So each ticket will be 100g. This gold will go to buying more prizes and for donations. Please send the gold to me with Raffle and the title of the raffle (scary flowers, kitty music, etc.) in the comments section. And I’ll mark you down on the list.”

Scary Flower

Kitty Music

Random Randomness
15 random EIs (ranging from small (wrenches) to bigger (winter 07 items)

none yet

Winners
WinglessFairy- (kindly gave the pirate item to the other participant; CrimsonShadow)

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-26-2012 at 02:54 AM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:31 AM

Scrolls & Tome Tallies

Sadrain- two scrolls (first in crossword Grimm)

Rozalyne- one tome (1st place avi contest)

Clair Voyant- one scroll (3rd place avi contest)

WinglessFairy- two scrolls (2nd place avi contest)

xXxDark_DaysxXx- one scroll, one tome (page prize on 5, 10)

CrimsonShadow- one scroll (page prize 15), 2 scrolls (page prize 20)

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 01-14-2012 at 09:52 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:36 AM

Reserved

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 04:42 AM

Last edited by Magic's Librarian; 07-02-2011 at 06:00 PM..

Magic's Librarian
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2011, 02:36 PM

~Open~

Silverwingedshadows
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Morning Lith-chan. This looks interesting! Like the name!

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Hey Silver-chan ^^
I'm glad you think so and like it. I hope it works out well.
Do you think the way you get prizes is confusing? Or that I ask too much for items?

----------

ugh, mom wants me to go to town.
I'll be back in 30 minutes or so

Silverwingedshadows
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-02-2011, 02:51 PM

I'll go through carefully and see if anything confuses me.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 07-02-2011, 03:41 PM

WOOOT! :D I'm so glad to see the charity up, Lolly Belle.
It looks great. :heart:

Silverwingedshadows
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-02-2011, 03:49 PM

I think it looks very nice! I sent pms.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Awsome. Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about it too.
*goes to read pms*

----------

Fixed the crossword.

xXxDark_DaysxXx
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Oh hey there :D
I absolutely love this fairy tale theme you have going. I love that the posts are in character and the depths that you went to to give it that authentic fairy tale feel. :B
That being said, I will now live here.
Oh and here is my form.

Name: xXxDark_DaysxXx
Quest Thread: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...re-active.html
Current Goal: Dove Headwings+Anklewings
How Much You Need to Reach it: I'm not really sure how much they go for. XnX Looking on the market, I would say 11k to buy them, so 10k from where my gold amount is.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Thank you for joining me here Dark. ^^
I'm glad you like the set up. I worked on it for a week or so.