Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 12:36 AM

I need to actually sit down and look at what everything costs with the insurance. I want to say that there is a $30 co-pay for doctor's visits, and co-pays on medicine, but not really sure what the cost is. I'm also not sure how much it will cost per month...I have the paperwork outlining what everything covers, but not how much per month it costs. I believe we now have dental too. I need to check. Both Aaron and I have some problem teeth that hopefully once everything settles we can get taken care of. There's vision insurance, too, but for all of us to be covered it's $30 a month. I think if we need to get glasses I may look into where Chi got her frames and see if there is a cheaper alternative...I don't think vision is worth $30 a mont, imo.

I think most of the headache cleared up, but still feeling laggy. I don't know why, either, as I wasn't drinking or smoking at all yesterday or today. I had a pizza last night...I'm sure that's not helping. I think for New Years resolution I want to clean up my diet, cut out the Djarum smoking, and try to get motivated to get exorcise. I think the latter will be most difficult, especially in winter with it being so cold out.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 01-02-2014, 12:44 AM

$30 a month is not bad, but I can see it being something that would be a good place to cut. I fixed my eyes years ago and it was SO SO worth it.

Sounds like awesome things to work on, though I totally understand about the exercise. Cold makes me not want to move at all.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 12:54 AM

Exactly...In winter I become pretty much house bound, so I need to find something I can do in the house for exercise so I can stay warm.

Did you have lasik(sp?) surgery? I have been interested in it, but I've heard mixed things about it. It would be wonderful not having to mess about with glasses, for sure...

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:02 AM

I actually had what's called PRK. It's an older procedure than LASIK and safer (it still uses lasers, though). But it takes longer to heal from. It was SO VERY WORTH IT, though. Cost me $4k, which I put on my Care Credit card and paid off within the year, so I had no interest. But I LOVE being able to see in the morning, and I've saved so much money on contacts and glasses. The only thing is, it doesn't fix night blindness, and can sometimes make it worse, but I was mildly nightblind to begin with. I just deal with it.
I wish you lived here! I would drag you to belly dancing classes with me.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 AM

Belly dancing does sound like it would be a lot of fun! I saw your posts on facebook about it, and it looks like you're really enjoying it. :)

I would love to get something to permanently correct my eyesight, but I worry about it's long term effectiveness. My mom was always very skeptic about it and I guess it's rubbed off on me.

I'm firing up the Kinect in my living room now that I rearranged it so I don't have to completely rearrange the livingroom everytime I play it due to limited play space. Hoping it works....

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:25 AM

It's a total blast. And most definitely hard work. You work muscles you don't ever remember having.

Well, let's see, I had my eyes done in...December 2006? No problems yet. And used to my prescriptions would change every time I gained weight.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:36 AM

Yep, Steel. It is annoying. There's no guidance for any of it, but I reckon if I hadn't been a long distant cohort I'd have gotten more answers ahead of time. On the plus side, I can help the second cohort when it's their time! I figure, I have honestly done all I can do in terms of promptness, so the rest will happen when it happens..

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:38 AM

Yeah, distance learners tend to get forgotten a lot. Sadly. But yay for helping out the next ones!
Man, I'm watching the Lord of the Rings marathon on TNT and I forgot how much I really adore these movies.

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:41 AM

I've never seen them. Cole loves them. I just haven't yet. We even have them on DVD. o.o

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:42 AM

Haha, oh man. You really should watch them. They're very well done.

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 AM

I should. Maybe I'll get to it this year. (:

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:48 AM

Yes! Pizza is heeereeee! OMNOMNOM!

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:49 AM

Oooh.. pizza sounds good!

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 01:51 AM

It is sooo goood. I am so hungry!

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:53 AM

What kind did you get?

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 01:58 AM

We did pizzahut last night. T had a friend over for a sleepover and we got one of their dinner boxes. Soo bad for you, but tasted so good.

Unfortunately I was up past 3am and slept till 1pm today, and by the time I got up any trace of leftovers was gone. I was pretty annoyed. We had a full medium pizza left over. I figured the kids may get in it in the morning, but figured they'd leave me a slice. Nope.

Well I sat and played for like a half hour-ish...Feeling tired. I think that's a sign I need more exercise.

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 02:05 AM

I need more exercise too. I have a gym buddy, but when the weather is so damned volatile... bah. Hoping this is it for a bit. I guess we ARE getting another 4-8 inches tomorrow afternoon into Friday evening. I may end up stuck home Friday. o.o

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 AM

I was curious about getting a gym pass, but the way money has been right now it's just not doable. :/ Really can't wait to get some of our stuff paid off so that something like that won't be as tough to pull off. Not only that but with Aaron doing thirds I would struggle getting back and forth to it. If I can get myself motivated to do indoor exercise, it'll help me get through the winter until I can do my daily walks again.

steelmagghia

Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 AM

I got pineapple, ham, bacon, red bell peppers, and diced tomatoes. So. Freaking. Delicious. Poor Izumi. Kids, especially boys, are kind of like locusts. Food just doesn't last that long around them, especially very tasty food.

Way to get the exercise on, though!

Lol, Chi, you have a super legit reason not to go to the gym though. It's snowing geese where you are!

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM

No snow yet today, but I expect it to come soon! I'm going to go get more gallons of water just in case of a power outage. IF we get the winds they're talking about, I can't imagine we'll keep power. The trees are so low already that they'd just snap off and bring lines down anyway. I did stock the fridge up, and I'll fill the tub full of water when the storm starts (or get Cole to if I'm still at work). That was our downfall last time. We hadn't expected the outage, so no running toilet water. Icky!

I did the payroll today at work, looking at the new tax tables and such. I now get more than $30 per paycheck than I did last year. I adjusted my allowances and such. Score! $120 a month is a big deal right now. :) Gonna be a good day, tater!

steelmagghia

Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 AM

YES! Extra monies are the beeeest. Oh my gosh. My neighbor brought over her homemade pizza (I know, pizza two days in a row, but they're totally different). SO STINKING DELICIOUS!
I'm so full though. Oh my god. My stomach is going to burst.

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 01:35 AM

I lamed out and made cheeseburgers and oven fries. I'm cooking-cooking tomorrow though. I'm going to check on the snowfall to get an idea of when I should set my alarm. If it's snowing, I'm not going anywhere. The roads were scary today after the temps went below 0. x_X

steelmagghia

Old 01-03-2014, 01:36 AM

Psh, that doesn't sound like laming out to me! That sounds delicious. Man, the ice is just insane there, isn't it?

Chi
Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

It is. The DOT can't do anything, either, because what can you do when ice is just stuck? They've plowed, salted, and sanded and it's done nothing. We need sunshine and days with more than negative temps. Basically people have to drive with one side of tires on any bald patch of paved road, with the other directly on ice.

Aaaand, we got bombarded last night. More snow, and a bit of ice from the sounds of it. Schools were cancelled, so I'm not going into work. If it were right up the road I would, but eh. No. We were meant to have company over tonight, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Trying to motivate Cole to get ready for when the plow guy comes. We'll have to move the cars and whatnot.

steelmagghia

Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 PM

OH my god, that's just insanity. I don't think I've ever even seen that much ice in my life!