Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 AM

Guys, so all the game systems I've ever owned have all been only hand held game systems. Well, my ds lite got broken recently and, rather than getting another ds system, I thought I might look at getting a different system. I'm not much of a fan of the wii and they don't have too many games I like, so I'm looking at either the ps3 or an xbox.

So, guys I want your opinions on them.

-Pros/cons of either system
-experiences with either system
-Had any problems with said systems?

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 AM

I have both the ps3 and the Xbox.
I think it just comes down to the games you like, what you enjoy doing like listening to music, watching movies or playing online against other people.
I mostly use my ps3 for netflix, youtube, and for watching movies off my computer since I recently bought it and I only have two games. So far as I can see there's really no cons since the internet is free and you don't have to pay unless you want the plus membership which allows you to get free games.
My Xbox which I've owned for two years is probably my favorite of the two because of it's sleekness and I just overall like the look and function of it. I use it to play Halo, COD, Dead Island and other Rpgs but the major con is you have to pay to play online or use any of the apps on it.
I haven't had any bad experience with either console.

It just really depends on the type of games you want to play, some games are available on both platforms this is just my experience with both consoles. Good luck deciding! :D

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 AM

Honestly, it depends on personal preference.
Will you be gaming a lot with your friends? If so, what system do they play on more?
What games are you interested in playing.
Will you do more than just play games on the system?
Do you want to pay for an online service, or not?
What sort of money are you willing to spend?

I own a 60g BC PS3. I enjoy the system a lot. I use it mainly as a gaming machine, while it can be used for so much more. My only con with the system is the fact that the older models can and will overheat quickly. That's what happened to my previous 60g. I just ended up getting a replacement for free since it was within the 7 days. >.<

It's best to do your own research. Sure, you can gather opinions but it comes down to you in the end. Find out what games you would be more interested in playing. If they're on both systems, look to see which plays better (most cases, it is the 360).

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM

Look at the console exclusives and see which ones you can't live without. In my experience, Xbox is mainly for first person shooter games, and PS3 has more variety going for it. Online play with PS3 is free, compared to paying for online play for Xbox. PS3 has a blue-ray player, and Xbox doesn't. That's just my personal impression though.

I went through the struggle of choosing too, and I went for the PS3.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM

The 360 has better graphics and cheaper than a PS3. An ex friend had the chance to compare the PS3 and XBOX versions of Bayonetta and as ranting about the delays on the PS were. Was like, oh okay. C; My brother in law bought one himself for the motion games for himself and my niece and the graphics really wow'd me.

However, I heard of the red ring of death legend for the XBOX and decided I would never touch it. I do not know if they have finally fixed that or prevented instances of sudden system death due to overheating. I hope they have though.

One of the weirdest things I considered when I also had to pick was security. PS3 game discs have yet to be pirated or copied, unlike other current generation consoles. And if I wanted in-game extras, I could buy credits via scratch cards rather than dutifully handing over my account details. I felt that a console that was that secure meant my data and system would be more or less be in safe hands. Weird, huh?

Such conveniences aren't available for the Xbox I believe. Doesn't help you hafta pay to go online.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Honestly, I couldn't tell you which is better, but if you like motion gaming, the xbox kinect kicks ps3's motion gamings butt. Kinect is awesome.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM

I personally like the Playstation Three but that's just me. I like the games they have and the fact it doesn't require almost any multiple CDs for a game on it.

Some games aren't on the Xbox Three sixty so that's also part of the reason.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-21-2013, 11:30 AM

I have a Xbox 360 and I did have a PS3 until I sold it several months ago. That being said, I prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3 and the PC over both.

While the likes of Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, and Infamous are appealing many of the exclusive PS3 I don't really have a interest in. I'm not interested in God of War, Killzone, Resistance, and other PS3 exclusives.

In comparison I like the controller, only gaming support, and exclusives for the Xbox 360 over the PS3. The downside of the Xbox 360 is the cost of Live, but to me those perks are worth the cost.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Halo series on the Xbox so for me that's a huge draw. Gears of War was decent and I thoroughly enjoy the Fable series. Other very good games are Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, and Left 4 Dead.

In the end I'm primarily a PC gamer.