Flowery Pit
Come fall into my abyss

Old 06-12-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampagerose View Post
I started playing years and years ago and I pick it up every now and then. However there was a span of maybe 4 or 5 months where I stopped playing because I had a full time job (still do) and just lost interest, I came back and my account had been hacked for the first time ever and I lost millions. On top of that I'm around 115 on an Aran which has taken me forever since I'm a casual player and I have never played with anyone, and now with the latest patches my build is messed up and I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried going on it yesterday and just felt so lost I gave up and exited.
Aww, that's awful that you were hacked. That's the only about Maplestory, I felt like there's so much abundance of hackers and you're always kinda in this "fear" even if you have like intricate passwords.

I'm a casual player too, and I just can't grind for hours like others players can do. When I did play with friends, we mostly stood around and try to sit in strange areas.

Do you know how much you are off by your build? I think as long as you are able to wear your next armor upgrades, I think its fine. 'Cause by all means, my character is NOT the perfect build. I don't follow a guide or anything, I just want to play the game for fun and not making this.. ultimate fight machine.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM

I started playing MapleStory when it first came out ages ago. I went off and on and then finally I just stopped completely. I think that MapleStory is a game that can be easily hacked into which ruins the experience for everyone.

rampagerose
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 AM

Well I'm poor as anything now but I got to 120 from 115 this weekend... was at home kind of in the homebody mood. I've never had a char this high before, is there anything decent to do where I can solo? I'm not really good at figuring out parties with people in games and I'm a casual gamer so I don't have epic stats or always know what I'm doing.

Enama
Amanes Dark Soul

Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM

Does even play Maplestory anymore?
Clock returned after a few years of not playing
and everything is so much cooler now.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampagerose View Post
I started playing years and years ago and I pick it up every now and then. However there was a span of maybe 4 or 5 months where I stopped playing because I had a full time job (still do) and just lost interest, I came back and my account had been hacked for the first time ever and I lost millions. On top of that I'm around 115 on an Aran which has taken me forever since I'm a casual player and I have never played with anyone, and now with the latest patches my build is messed up and I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried going on it yesterday and just felt so lost I gave up and exited.
What world are you playing in? I have a character in Scania and Windia.

@Spunky3 - Maplestory is down and so is the site this second I am posting. Not sure what is going on. They have been having a war with hackers and bots, the legit maplers have been fighting back.

@FloweryPit - Hello!!

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 PM

Yes, I play maplestory, and I have a thread on the same page, come join us!
Menewshans who play Maple and still play today.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-15-2012, 07:33 PM

did when I was younger, didn't enjoy playing so I quit. Granted I can count on 1 hand the number of computer/video games I play. I much prefer watching others play, pointing out their mistakes and helping them solve puzzles.

Enama
Amanes Dark Soul

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Kole; Clock never saw it or she would have wandered in! D:
Codette; Clock has never really liked having people watch me play.
The only thing that Clock hasn't liked about Maplstory, is party quest and stuff like that.
Clock enjoys playing by herself.

Enama
Amanes Dark Soul

Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Clock plays only in Scania.
Clock has Level 43 Mechanic and a Level 30 Jett.
Clock only started playing again a couple weeks ago,
after a couple years of not playing.

Clock is sad that she missed the Demon Slayer.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-27-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalStarlit View Post
Clock plays only in Scania.
Clock has Level 43 Mechanic and a Level 30 Jett.
Clock only started playing again a couple weeks ago,
after a couple years of not playing.

Clock is sad that she missed the Demon Slayer.
Hi there, been awhile since I posted here lol. The demon slayer should be available right now to make. I have a level 50 Demon Slayer and a level 71 Jett myself. I also have a Mechanic at level 43. I have almost one of every class. My main though is my Arch Mage I/L which is now at level 156. I'm on Scania too!

AvaBeth93
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM

I seen this message board and got all excited thinking about MapleStory again, so I decided to download it.. I have a newer laptop so hopefully it can handle it, none of my computers ever seem to be able to handle Maple, which is depressing. I have a level 48 Mercedes though, and I really want to play again and keep leveling her up.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaBeth93 View Post
I seen this message board and got all excited thinking about MapleStory again, so I decided to download it.. I have a newer laptop so hopefully it can handle it, none of my computers ever seem to be able to handle Maple, which is depressing. I have a level 48 Mercedes though, and I really want to play again and keep leveling her up.
Yes, the Mecedes is an awesome class and easy to le\/el up. sorry my \/ is not working right. Especially since Mercedes class has the el\/en blessing skill which gi\/es an extra 10% exp bonus. I ha\/e mine at le\/el 50.

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM

I played maple story a VERY long time ago with my friend. I think I had a level 30 thief something. I remember it being fun! But I just could not easily make the switch to the side scroll sort of game.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triquetra View Post
I played maple story a VERY long time ago with my friend. I think I had a level 30 thief something. I remember it being fun! But I just could not easily make the switch to the side scroll sort of game.
I like it for many nostalgic reasons. It is cute and fun and reminds me of the days of super nintendo, maple has changed a lot though and many abandoned their characters on the count of it since now if you spend lots of money it's much easier to become powerful quite quickly.

I don't agree with that myself really, but Nexon is in the business of making money... so what are you going to do.

LYN
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 AM

I find that Maplestory's format is very much 'pay to play' even though it's 'free'. It's really hard to to be able to afford att. damage items and such, with such high prices (esp in low-population servers). And even with those items, you are only able to have a damage of an 'average' player @@ That's why I really hate Nexon, their customer service is horrible and they focus more on profit than on the player *sigh* But this was when I played .. hopefully it has changed now xP

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2013, 04:58 AM

There are still a lot of people who feel that way... I play for the gaming experience basically I enjoy being able to get the skills. I think I have managed to spend less than sixty dollars since I have been playing since September of 2009.

LYN
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 AM

[embarassed[ tbh I've spent a lot more @@ I don't even know how much but at least 100+ ... but I played it when I was really young so I guess I'll blame my immaturity

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 AM

well its hard to not get sucked in when you are so young so just chalk it up to experience.