Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 PM

Back when I was a teeny tiny cherry and the SNES was the newest game console, I loved Donkey Kong Country. Even after the N64 came out, I'd still revisit DKC and DKC 2. I had all the secrets in the first world memorized (it was spotty beyond that - I wasn't very good at games as a kid ), and I still, to this day, can't go through those levels without getting every single secret.

Recently I revisited my favorite of the two, the 2nd one, and I've very nearly beaten it. I'm stuck on the final battle with K. Rool, but I'll get it eventually. Now what I didn't know until a year or two ago is that there was a 3rd Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, starring Dixie. There was also one for Nintendo 64, and a brand new one for Wii. So my video game wishlist just got that much longer.

So my question for you all is: have you ever played the Donkey Kong Country games? Which is your favorite? Are there any you didn't like? Would you agree that the first three are some of the best, most timeless games for the SNES?