Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM

Which one should I get? I am really indecisive but with the new Fire Emblem themed 3ds coming out I think I might be leaning towards the 3ds.. I would also much prefer a limited edition XL system but America only gets a pink 3ds XL (big frickin woop)

But I really wanna play Gravity Rush.. D:

Anyone know which one I should get? And which ones do you own? :D

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM

I have the PS Vita I bought it used. I would consider getting PSN Plus if you go to the Playstation side. I do want to try the DS to play Dead Or Alive and Pokemon(the last pokemon game I played was Gold).However I'm not sure how the online plays on the Nintendo units.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM

3DS has no online I think, only local multiplayer. Although if you have a WiiU I think they might have some crossplay between the two.
And yeah, Playstation Plus sounds good; I like the games that are available but I much rather buy the game directly to show support for the titles I love.
I think it's a much better deal if you have a Vita and a PS3 though.
I would sooner buy both portables than one portable and another home console, especially since I already have a 360 and PC.

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM

Okay. that's true I have a Gameboy Pocket,PS3,PSP 2000,PS Vita,XBOX,XBOX 360,Laptop,and a Deaktop PC. I download and buy the games.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM

Hm... I have to say, look at the overall library of games available on both handhelds, then, decide how you're going to use the handheld (play local, or via wifi, with friends or strangers, link to your PSN account, or not, etc.).

I own both. I like the capabilities of both system for what they do:

3DS: Really for solo and local game play only. I bring this with me when I'm going to areas with a lot of people (conventions, and such) in order to use the Street Pass function and gather a shit ton of puzzle pieces. I may do some online gaming (SP DoA battles, for example), but those take too long for me to actually get into. The Virtual Console network is pretty cool. I only have the free games given to me via Nintendo's Ambassador program (for those who bought the 3DS for full value before the price cut).

PSVita: This is basically my PS3 on the go. I bring this with me everywhere. It's a pretty powerful handheld, capable of google maps, netflix, Skype, the internet (there is a 3G model with At&T. I don't recommend if you don't like AT&T. I'm waiting for a Verizon support on 4G!) and a few other social network do-dads. However, I mainly use it for gaming. The catalog of games available via PSN is amazing. You can play PSV, PS1, and PSP games via digital download (I do this for some of the games I know I won't be able to purchase physical copies for in the near future, but want to play now).

I can supply you with my gaming collection for both handhelds if you want, Risque.

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 02-07-2013, 04:29 AM

I've got both, and Senpai's points are pretty, well... on point. I like my Vita a little more, but I am a fiend when it comes to all things JRPG. I bought it only to play Persona 4 Golden, and then found out I could play every Final Fantasy up to 9, and a bunch of other really hard-to-find classics for PS1. That, and you can pass your save data between the Vita and PS3, so you can take all your PS1 titles on the go.

ughrughrughruhg it's so good.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Zomg, people liking the Vita *_*

but what is the purpose of buying the 3g vita if I get a smartphone with 3g? Can't I just tether the Vita to a phone's internet? Seems a little pointless imo. Oooh but maybe I can forgo internet on my phone and just get it on the Vita~ decisions decisions.

@ Senpai: Thanks for the offer, but I am good. ^_^

@ Pkero: Seriously, there are so many classic PS games I can't wait to rip into.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 AM

Well... I don't have a smart phone. So, something for my Vita having the internet on it would be an advantage to me. >: Overall, it's just a more powerful hand held. However, the gaming library for physical copies is pretty poor, especially if you're a JRPG fan. ::waves hand::

I actually rarely use the internet on my Vita. I just look up anything I need to on the computer. Lawls.

/in Magatsu Inaba dungeon

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 AM

I have the 3g PS Vita. I use the Google Map app.Anyone playing Silent Hill?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM

I still only have the PSP... they keep bringing out a new handheld upgrade device almost every year... probably about every other year... but even two years really isn't enough to truly develop a bunch of games for a system. I think they are getting just a bit too money hungry for my liking. So I'm an extreme laggard when it comes to purchasing the latest systems.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM

@ Kole: Yeah... I get the strangest feeling that as soon as I spend money on a console they are going to announce a new version. It's bullshit that they do that but it's been going on for a while, and lots of people have no problem trading in their current handheld for a measly $30 credit towards the latest and greatest. Hooray, disposable everything~

@ Senpai: The 3DS has a good library, but I already have a DS so I do not really care about backwards compatibility or having access to more games. I like that the Vita is overall a more powerful system.. but I am scared that devs might drop support for it because its sales aren't that good. D:
I would definitely buy a 3DS for JRPGs like Etrian Odyssey, and Bravely Default if they ever localized it. Oh my god I would sooooo instantly buy a 3DS for Bravely Default.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM

Atlus is localizing Etrian Odyssey. I get their emails all the time. I'd say to just import Bravely Default, but the 3DS is actually region locked. (Not the case for DS games. Imports of those can still play on the 3DS. I know, because I have Xenosaga 1 & 2 for the DS.).

PSVita is still new. I doubt support for it is going to be dropped. Muramasa, Ys, Valhalla Knights 3, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown (not announced, Atlus is working on this one), and Tearaway have been announced. Rumors are floating that something big for the Vita is going to be announced either at E3 or Tokyo Game Show.

Kole; Hm... for upgrades, yea. Usually technology becomes a little more advanced after a year or two, and a sleeker, smaller, faster model is usually something worth R&Ding and eventually selling. However, when it comes to just straight up NEW GEN stuff, that usually happens 5-10 years after the initial launch.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 AM

I buy all my gaming equipment and games so.... it's not like when I was a kid my parents used to buy them for me. I have to conserve my money for other important things... so I end up being a laggard when the price comes down and usually a bit behind... I am interested in seeing the E3 for the Xbox 720 and the Play Station Four! It should prove to be an interesting year. If it is coming out this year that is.

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 AM

I doubt those consoles would be coming out this year. Perhaps Christmas of next year...

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM

I bought a 3DS XL due to the fact that it was cheaper than a normal once and it came with Super Mario Bros 2. I made a lot of profit!
The reason why I bought a 3DS was because of Animal Crossing coming out soon. I am so excited! I've been waiting for this for 5 years.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 PM

Still waiting on that cute pop tart Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL. ):

There are no good looking limited edition XLs! Ugh!

@ Senpai: As for the Vita lacking support, you never know, especially with its low sales figures and rumors of devs even dropping support for the WiiU. ):

Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM

Hm... maybe. Though... the Wii U isn't really an innovating, technology pushing, console. It's a Wii... with a tablet/DS. With HD.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 AM

I found out about the limited edition console like, a month after I bought mine. I was so angry D:
It's so cute and white and ah, I just love Animal Crossing so much.

In Australia, the WiiU was not marketed as much as the Wii and DS. Part of its low selling may be part of that but at the same time, as Senpai said, it really wasn't an innovative piece of technology. Nintendo pretty much set themselves up for failure. :( So sad though.

wagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM

I read that the WiiU only sold 55k units in its first month :O the worst the PS3 ever did was like 80k in a month! Nintendo really shot themselves in the foot with that one, there really is no market for it in the current state of things.

I haven't really seen much on the Vita OR the 3DS that interests me, maybe Fire Emblem Awakening but that's about it. Maybe once some more good games come out I'll pick up a 3DS.