Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 PM

Since we already have a thread about the Harry Potter movies, I've gone ahead and merged them together. :yes:

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 AM

I just hope that they keep Rickman busy this time around.

For me the one problem with the movies is the lack of Snape. All these movies need more SNAPE.

SilverSnake
RAWR
Send a message via MSN to SilverSnake

Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM

Oh my dear Harry Potter! I grew up with those books! I own all of them and red them so many times I could recall them word in word.. -stares dreamingly- I never get bored of it.. I just.. Can't get enough. As for movies - I don't enjoy those. 5th, 6th and 7th are the worst. I really dislike them as I'm really lacking something in them.. First four were the best, though fourth was already... Not so well. My favorite one is Chamber of Secrets.. I have no ideas why, but I've always loved this part. Maybe because I find it the most creepiest? I don't know. Movie really rocked it, and book had some awesome quotes too... As book, in second place, I cannot decide between Prisoner of Azkaban and Half Blooded Prince. Those two excite me so much! I must say I hated 7th... Rowling killed to many characters, and that's a big minus.

Anyway, from writer's point of view.. I've discussed it a lot with a person who's really experienced with language and writing, and agreed one fact - From 4th book it seems like somebody was helping Rowling to write.. No no, I surely love her books, but those difference in writing style are obvious - first it was so lacking any details, and then it's all suddenly over-flooded by it! Sort of confusing..

Oh, I got so carried away, excuse me..! ^^

Ven

Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodey View Post
I just hope that they keep Rickman busy this time around.

For me the one problem with the movies is the lack of Snape. All these movies need more SNAPE.
Well the next movie requires at least SOME Snape! (:
I'm really, really excited for the last movie. I think it will be fabulous.

I'm just very scared of my favourite character's death.

-----

SPOILER:

I really hope that they will show Fred's death. But no matter HOW they will do it, it will suck. It's right there during the battle and there will be no time to do him justice :<

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM

1) Spoilers should probably go behind [hide][/hide] tags.

2) The whole point of those deaths at that late point in the book is how meaningless they were. There is no "justice" to do them. They just need to ramp up the loss factor.

Last edited by Saisei; 06-25-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Ven

Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 PM

I didn't mean it that way.
I mean that the movie length will probably not allow them to make it a proper scene.