The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to The PyroKittie Send a message via Yahoo to The PyroKittie

Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 AM

@AzureWolf: It should do decently. I heard that if it pulls in enough money that they will head into DragonBall Z. Not too far into it I hope. There are a few DBZ things that I never want to see actually done. The Buu saga would be such a long movie...so would the Cell and Frieza sagas. I would like to see the Saiuan/Vegeta Saga though. But take out most of the Snake Way stuff.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to The PyroKittie Send a message via Yahoo to The PyroKittie

Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 AM

For those interested, I found on IMDB that there is some information as to a trailer for this movie. That information is listed in the first post, so go check it out and watch out for the trailer because it should be coming out very soon from the information that I'm finding. ^_^

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM

@The PyroKittie
Oh its based on Dragonball....well then lets hope it dose well as I'm a fan of Dragonball....even if it dose lead into a repetitive Dragonball Z.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-01-2008, 05:08 AM

@AzureWolf: I enjoy DragonBall Z a lot. I have the remastered Seasons 1-4 so far (waiting for 5 to come out) and almost all the movies. I like DragonBall, but I watched DBZ more when I was little. A lot of times I didn't wake up early enough in the morning to catch DragonBall. Though I do love both (GT doesn't count in the series).

I'm sure the movie will be fine. I'm not expecting greatness, but James Wong is great with fight scenes and such. I loved The One. If anything, it will be good for a laugh. ^_^

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2008, 05:15 PM

For those keeping up with this thread, we now have set pictures and a fan made site for forum posting all about the DragonBall movie. The links for these are located at the top of the second thread post.

~Thank You for reading.

Whimsy Charlie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM

I don't think I can picture a real life DBZ movie, I really hope it comes out good, but I'm really sceptical about it. XD I wonder if they'll have the crazy hair.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 05:29 PM

@All: Akira Toriyama has been fired from the project. Posts on IMDB say so, a few google links, and the DragonBall Movie Blog no longer lists him on the Crew. He wanted the film that America bought the rights to make an American movie with to be filmed purely in Japan and in Japanese with all Japanese actors. I can't agree or disagree with either side.

Now, this all hasn't been 100% confirmed yet, but it is looking like Mr. Toriyama is gone from the movie. If I find out more information on the Firing or Non-Firing, I'll post it.

Thank you.

@Whimsy Charlie: It's not DBZ though. It's DB. There were less crazy hair styles and such in DB than in DBZ after all. Plus, DB has a better story line and more humor than DBZ. I think it should be decent.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM

Akira Toriyama has been fired?! What?!
Why would they ever do that?
He's the one who knows the most about these characters. (since he pretty much owns them.) I would have made them shut down the project. Either way, if the movie goes bad, Akira can't be blamed. :D. *thumbs up for Toriyama!*

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 PM

@Takuto: Well...Akira owns he original characters and storyline, But Fox Films purchased a part of those rights to make this movie. Technically, unless a creator has it in the contract to be a head person in the filming, the company can do as they please with the characters and story. Akira had no say in really what happened from the beginning. He was there because Fox Films was willing to take his advise. I do wish they had kept him around, but he did seem to be making some high demands.

Though, like I said in the other posts, I'm not 100% sure that he was fired. Though almost every thing I found on it said he was.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Release date for the movie has been pushed back to April 3, 2009. I am saddened by this, but hopeful because it gives them more time to make the movie better. I'll put up any updates I find as they come.

Thank you,
Pyro.

AzureWolf
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2008, 11:39 PM

I understand moving the of the release date back a year as no one wants a shitty Dragonball live action movie after all this wait.

And I guess since Akira Toriyama is fired from the production of the movie we can expect a bunch of advertisments for Fox shows scrowling at the bottom of the screen during the movie, random pop ups of Peter and the gang from Family Guy, and other various thing Fox dose to annoy the hell out of me.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroKittie

***I have some sad news to tell. Mr. Akira Toriyama has been fired from the movie. He wanted too much control over it and Fox gave him the ax. He wanted it to be filmed with only Asian actors, filled in Japan, and filmed in the Japanese language and then dubbed for the United States. Fox explains that America bought rights to make an American film. They hope that Mr. Toriyama will come back to the project, but as of right now he has no more control over it.***

wow this makes me really sad,
If they had allowed him to have full control like he wanted i believe the movie would be way better.
I liked his idea for having all Asian cast, hello everyone was Asian in the DBZ [minus the aliens and non main characters]

But now that i kno this im not looking forward to the movie anymore so then before and that was really low.

im just not pleased with how it is going at the moment.

_citr0n
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 AM

Wow... I read about this in a magazine a few months ago. I didn't really think they'd actually make the movie.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 AM

@AzureWolf: We can only hope they don't do that. I'm not mad about the date being pushed back. Allows more time to make it better and fix on details and such. But the idea of FOX being everywhere in the film scares me.

@Nemui: I'm not going to get into the race issue. There is enough of that on the IMDB board for this movie. All I will say is that it's not fair that Goku isn't being played by an Alien. V_V Fox bought the rights to make an American movie and picked the Actors they felt would do the best with the parts. If movies listened to everything the watchers wanted done for it, then there wouldn't be movies cause no one would ever be happy with how it turned out. I'm still excited to see this movie though. It can't do worse than the other one.

@_citr0n: The idea of it was thrown around for years. Dropped. And now it's being made. ^_^ But with the new release date, I don't think I can keep this thread up that long. >.<

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-08-2008, 11:14 PM

April 2009?!? Noooooooo! That is more than a year away now! How could they bring up all my hopes and dreams just to crush them?! D: Okay I'm not that sad over the fact it was delayed. But I was really curious to see this series in live action form! Especially with mostly non-Asian actors apparently.

If they pushed it back to make sure Goku's hair looks perfect, I am happy for that too. They had to make sure his hair looks right!

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-11-2008, 01:02 PM

@rampartte: I'm alright with the delay. Just because this would be a movie that is easily made very cheesy and dumb. It'll give them more time. I'm not worried about Goku's hair though. No matter what they do with his hair, it won't look right and it'll be weird. I can't see Justin with that kind of wig on. That would just look awkward and strange. Then again, Goku without that hair is strange as well. *shrugs*

judo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-23-2008, 03:37 PM

i love dragonball z so much and cant wait for the film to come out! if its the king piccolo saga does that mean *DN DN DNNNN* no vegeta!!???? and no super saiyans!!?? i refuse to believe it!! at least theyre starting earlyish though and i hope they make loads. not sure about the cast though :S i always thought the nameks were meant to be cool black guys and i dont mean to be racist so please dont think that. i thought samuel jackson woulda been an amazing piccolo and morgan freeman as kami. james marsters is really cool so im still happy he is in it ^_^

i know the live action film will probably massacre the animated series but i still cant wait.

rawtsu penguinn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 AM

i didnt know about it! im really excited now... woo hoo!!

naruto_fan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to naruto_fan

Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 AM

anybody hear about the dragonball movie thats coming out next year its real and when i say real i mean real people i have to see how they going to pull it off?

The Volturis Lover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to The Volturis Lover Send a message via MSN to The Volturis Lover Send a message via Yahoo to The Volturis Lover

Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM

I am definately excited to see this movie. It seems to be well cast so far and the screenshots I've seen so far are amazing.

St_JimmyHavok
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-13-2008, 05:12 AM

*squeals* I wanna see more James!!!

To heck with everyone else (I never really was much of a DBZ fan *blush*) but I sure LOVE me some James Marsters. Even if he is green. :D

King_booze
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM

I watched the trailer just now...it made me sick...they've ruined it...I can already tell.

keaton7
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-17-2008, 11:28 PM

Dear Lord! This is not going to work...
T_T

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Ok, after getting over the "OMG! The movie is real now!" hype I've hit Earth again and there's no way in hell this movie is going to be good. Not only by taking out Toriyama and not letting him have control but the actors were not built for these characters. I know a great actor is someone who can portray different characters without being mixed with previous ones but whoever did the casting for this should be fired. Marsters? Pfft, is no Piccolo. Emmy hell no, you don't have the attitude or build for Bulma. Goku I don't know much about but the way they're wanting to portray him pisses me off. Even if America bought the rights the creator should have the ultimate say on what happens to his characters and who does them. I can't imagine ever taking away his characters since he's such a great illustrator and writer.
There's no way I support or want to see this movie, I'm hoping it goes straight to dvd so the previews don't have to run long on tv.
I'll be thoroughly embarrassed if this movie makes it to theaters and box up my Dragonball Z shirts.

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 AM

It looks more like a sci-fi film more than the actual asian culture in Dragonball.
I was excited for Emmy Rossum to do Bulma, but there's no blue hair.
It's a bit too futuristic for me.