Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM

Things will become known as we go, so be sure to ask questions when needed! The stage is set in a small mountain camp - some explorers have found a cave. These explorers are looking for an ancient civilization, and the clues they have found point to this particular bit of earth.
Feel free to join me as a historian, explorer, or any of the ideas that pop into your head!
I require literate posts, though I must say that I occassionally suffer from 1-2 liners. Try to keep it to at least a small paragraph.
PM me if you're interested in joining.

I'm controlled by: (Username)
You can call me: (Name)
I've blown out this many candles: (Age)
Can't you tell? I'm a: (Gender)
The side I'm on: (Scientist, rebel, anything you can think of - basically your occupation)
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: (Family or friends that you hang around - possibly even co-workers)
Are you blind? I look like: (Appearance. A picture and description if possible, although only one is fine.)
I just adore: (likes, three minimum)
Don't get me started on these: (dislikes, three minimum)
There's more to me than a pretty face: (Personality)
I've travelled here because: (Reason for coming to the "cave"/getting involved with the scientific dig)
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: (Basic history)
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: (Posting Color)

PM me the profile when you are finished!

Accepted Profiles:

Quote:
I'm controlled by: Esmme
You can call me: Shara
I've blown out this many candles: Unknown
Can't you tell? I'm a: Female
The side I'm on: “Elven”
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left. I am one of the last remaining few of my kind.
Are you blind? I look like: Elven Kind typically have a gentle metallic hue to their skin, and strange markings on their face and eyes. White glowing eyes, long pointed ears, and elongated fangs and claws to go with them.
I just adore: Silence, the cold, knowing there’s someone there for me.
Don't get me started on these: Heat, fire, the sun.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Fairly aggressive and ready to fight, Shara is one to step up to a challenge without thought. Can be territorial and bestial, strange and random, this woman is full of spark and surprises.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns. After being threatened by the sunlight, my kind felt drawn to go into a stage of hibernation – rest. Unfortunately, most of us died off before going into the crystals – and even more of us perished while deep in sleep.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: My kind once ruled the underground caverns. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, altering people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland again. This was a mistake. Human-kind followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the “Stranger” were forced to take action – we hid. We slept. And now we’ve been found again.
Pretty Colors are Pretty: Blue

You can call me: Keji
Can't you tell? I'm a: Male
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left. I am one of the last remaining few of my kind, though I awoke soon after Shara – I joined her.
Are you blind? I look like: Keji. Elves typically have a gentle metallic hue to their skin, and strange markings on their face and eyes. White glowing eyes, long pointed ears, and elongated fangs and claws to go with them.
I just adore: Warmth, kindness, meeting other people, learning.
Don't get me started on these: Being unable to do something, the sun, and being weak.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Kind, gentle, and protective. Kej is known to step up to the role of caretaker – that doesn’t mean he knows how.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns along with Shara. After being threatened by the sunlight, my kind felt drawn to go into a stage of hibernation – rest. Unfortunately, most of us died off before going into the crystals – and even more of us perished while deep in sleep.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: My kind once ruled the underground caverns. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, altering people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland again. This was a mistake. Human-kind followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the “Stranger” were forced to take action – we hid. We slept. And now we’ve been found again.
Pretty Colors are Pretty: Gray

You can call me: Sephiroth
Can't you tell? I'm a: Male
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: No one is left.
Are you blind? I look like: A human, thanks to my build. Still elven, though more on the muscular side of the spectrum (believe me, it’s hard to do when you’re genetically slender). Skin is pale, lacking any metallic look. I have no markings, and his eyes glow white – just as the other’s do. Fangs and claws, just like the other elves . . . as well as having their grace and speed.
I just adore: . . .
Don't get me started on these: The sun, warmth of any kind disgusts me, other people, company in general . . . there isn’t much I don’t like.
There's more to me than a pretty face: Most of the time I’m rough and somewhat unkind. There comes a point when I’m actually comfortable enough to speak with you, and from there on out, I begin to be a bit more . . . how to put it? . . . kind. Outgoing, though not in the way most people would think. Sometimes I come across as being abrasive.
I've travelled here because: I used to live in the caverns. After being threatened by the humans, we were drawn to go into hibernation – the crystals. I have been asleep for years, and at the time the humans entered the cavern, I was still deep in my state of rest.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: We once ruled the underground caverns without fault. Our fall came when we ventured too close to the surface, alerting people to our presence. When the kinds mixed, there were many problems, and we eventually withdrew into our homeland once more. This was a mistake. The humans followed us, forcing us back up toward the surface world and into the sun. Many of us died, and the elves were forced to take shelter. We slept. And now we’ve been found again by a group of pesky humans. We’ll see if they decide to stick around.
Pretty Color(s are Pretty?): Black

Quote:
I'm controlled by: Talitha001
You can call me: Alana Vartos
I've blown out this many candles: 20
Can't you tell? I'm a: female
The side I'm on: Explorer/ archeologist
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: my coworkers and fellow diggers.
Are you blind? I look like: I have long black hair and green eyes. My hair goes to about my midback. I have darker skin from working out in the sun. I wear a pair of tan shorts and a white tank top with black boots up to my knees. I have a tool belt around my waist. I carry two knives for protection one in each boot.
I just adore: animals, exploring, reading, learning new things, being alone
Don't get me started on these: Parties, to many people around, loud noises, the concept of dating, girls who act slutty, stupidity.
There's more to me than a pretty face: I am sweet and caring. I dont much care for dating or guys when it comes to romance but am still open to it. I love animals a lot and will do anything to help an animal in need.
I've travelled here because: study and research. I am trying to help find a lost city of course.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: I went to college for 8 years. The reason im such a young archiologist is because I am a certified genius. I graduated top of my class at the age of 12. I enrolled in college and this is my first exploration on my own. I got a grant to come on this dig from my old professor and am very much looking forward to it working out. I have never had a personal life. I devoted my whole life to school and work.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: Red
Quote:
I'm controlled by: Shadami
You can call me: Lyla K. Lestrang
I've blown out this many candles: 22
The side I'm on: Scientist / journalist. What she does is help with the sounds, smells, and feel of a place to complete the picture when they need to describe new discoveries.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: mostly just her co-workers on their excavations. She has a cat and a sister at home that she lives with when she is home.
Are you blind? I look like: Her hair really is actually white and match her silvery gray eyes. She usually keeps a bandanna tied in her hair or over her eyes.
I just adore: music of any kind, the warmth of sunlight, and the feel of sand
Don't get me started on these: most insects because they are too small and silent for her to really understand them, flying, and swimming.
There's more to me than a pretty face: She is very calm and collected but she has panic attacks when she is faced with things that she has no control over, like swimming, when your blind and get swept underwater it is even more of an upside down world than if you could see. She would say she is daring but it'd be a lie because she is more cautious than she realizes.
I've traveled here because: Even though she is blind she finds a thrill in adventuring and discovering new things, it gives her the ability to meet new people and understand the world around her through a different set of eyes.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: She was born without her sight and has had to cope and learn to live in a dark world. When others were playing tag or wrestling she would be digging in the sandbox enjoying the feel of all of the small grains. She would pick up an item and feel it learning its shape and trying to understand everything about it. Eventually she could even take things apart and put them back together, learning the different parts. Above all though she loved being outside, touching plants and dirt, all of these skills she found lead her to moving on to the path of scientist and she quickly got with a good group after impressing her college professors with her speed.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!:Green

You can call me: Kiyoshi
I've blown out this many candles: unknown
The side I'm on: Elf
Unfortunately I'm stuck with: My enemies
Are you blind? I look like: This with pointed ears.
I just adore: Gold, weapons, royal treatment
Don't get me started on these: dogs, other elves, night
There's more to me than a pretty face: I'm bitter and love to be treated like the princess I am. I don't like people getting in my way and i'd rather pull a weapon on them to make them move than keep asking politely
I've traveled here because: I was exploring my enemy territory during the time they were concealing themselves in crystal. I was curious what they were and touched one and got myself trapped away from my people.
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: The princess of one of the few tribes of elves that were left on the surface. She was bitter about the 'cave dwellers,' surviving underneath while her people had to suffer. She decided she would explore and find out how they lived so that she could send in an attack later.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: dark orchid. =]

You can call me: Nakeit
I've blown out this many candles: 4
Can't you tell? I'm a: male
The side I'm on: no one's really, its a vicious creature
Unfortunately I'm stuck with:a crystal prison
Are you blind? I look like: This
I just adore: raw meat, meat, cooked meat (he likes meat....)
Don't get me started on these: fruit, birds
There's more to me than a pretty face: wild, barks at new movement
I've travelled here because: trapped
Nothing too interesting ever happened to me . . . well, apart from: One of the wild animals, closest to a wolf that lived around the elves. He got trapped in the crystal because some elves believed that they would be able to tame them to hunt humans when they were freed and came out of hiding.
Pretty Colors are Pretty!: blue
The Story:

Darkness. That was all her eyes had seen for years, decades. She couldn't remember the last time she had moved from her place. Even now, she was content. It was cold, black, and silent - and it soothed her.
Clang.
The sound of a metal tool striking the stone made her mind flare to life. Something was coming.
Unable to move inside of her crystal prison, the metallic skinned woman felt the strangers drawing nearer. Would they find her at last, setting her free from this sleep? Or were they dangerous, and going to destroy her once she was released?

Last edited by Esmme; 08-04-2013 at 07:48 PM..

Esmme

Old 01-27-2010, 02:00 AM

"I think we found something!" One of the explorers tapped his pick against a crystal prison. It looked like ice, though couldn't easily be chipped. "What the heck?"
A small crowd of the humans gathered about the odd surface that was burried in the ground.
"Should we dig it out?"
When a few others nodded, everyone continued to dig.

((Still looking for peeps! ^_^ Everyone needs a puppeteer, so message me please. :D))

Esmme

Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 AM

((Looking for members. :heart: ))

Agent Foxx
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM

Derek had been one of the scientists to help dig out everything needed. Once the crystal prison had been extracted from the earth he with a few other scientists began to inspect it. "Fasinating structure of the crystal I must admit. This is just admirable."

Another scientist nodded as she held a clipboard while taking notes, "It's something for sure..How long do you suppose its been here?" She tapped the crystal lightly once it was set on the ground properly.

Esmme

Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 PM

Shara grimaced inwardly as she felt the echo left behind by the scientist's tapping. The preserving crystal that encased her was far more delicate than they could think - strange material that the humans had, no doubt, never seen before. The blue-hued glass-like structure seemed to crack then. A small sliver of flaw webbed out from where the woman had tapped it.
The dusty-skinned creature flinched, stirring inside of the nearly broken prison. They are freeing me.
With a small shudder, the crystal prison began to crack further, the flaws spreading through the front of what seemed to be a large stone. In a sudden crash, half the prison shattered, and the creature inside let out a savage roar. In a blur of speed, the purple-hued female snagged the nearest human, one of the scientists, and tackled them to the ground. Raising a clawed hand, she growled.
"Why have you awakened me?" she hissed, her fangs clenched.

Last edited by Esmme; 02-24-2010 at 03:34 PM..

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 AM

Alana watched the proceedings. She was facinated by this. They had uncovered something indeed. She watched as the scientists took over. When the jewel busted open and a woman came out she stepped forward.

"We mean you no harm. We are in search of a lost city. Please do not think we meant to free you. But why were you encased in the crystal?"

Esmme

Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM

Shara flinched back from the human she had pinned, glancing to the woman who had spoken.
"I don't give our people's secrets to humans," she hissed, glaring at her. Glancing about, she looked horrified. "Where are the others? Where are my people?"
Her white glowing eyes scanned the dirt and ruin that the scientists had uncovered. The tall woman let out a cry of heartfelt disdain. "What happened to my people?" Suddenly, the humans didn't seem to matter. Stepping away from her shattered prison, she moved to a far wall of the cavern, placing a pale purple hand against it. Muttering a few words, she brushed layer after layer of dirt away from the surface until a bit of strange writing could be seen. Unfortunately, it was very hard to read due to the wear on the engraving. Shara took a few deep breaths to calm herself before turning back to the woman who had spoken to her, her long navy hair twisting about her slender form.
"Am I the first?" her voice was strained. "Am I the first that you have found here?"

Agent Foxx
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2010, 07:46 PM

[[I get you the profile up soon, probably by the time you read this]]

Derek watched the woman and answered her questions to the best of his ability despite the question not being formated towards him, "My apologies for interrupting but Yes, you are the first one. Though we think we may have found another off a good several feet away. Its quite deep beneath the ground though, but our diggers are working quite quickly to get it out." He looked back to there the others were digging then he looked back at the woman, "Would you like some water? Or something else."

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 PM

Alana glanced at Derek and sighed. This was more complicated than she thought. Her job was to accuratly record the dig. She pulled out her clipboard and sitting on a rock began to make notes. She let Derek handle the questions from here. She was sure he would be fine. She recorded the exact spot and what had occured.

"Would you at least tell us your name?"

She looked back at the woman.

Esmme

Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 AM

"Shara," the elven woman said slowly, blinking. Stepping over to the area they were still working on, she narrowed her white eyes as she gazed upon the next crystal. "And no, I don't want water. Not from you."
Her voice was smooth and flawless - like the gem she had escaped from. With movements like flowing water, the tall woman moved to place a hand on the only spot of glass showing on the second crystal. A single word escaped her lips. "Kej." Letting her hand drop to her side, she glanced around at the humans, a flicker of confusion spreading across her face. Humans had been enemies. Were they still?
"If you mean us no harm," Shara said slowly, regarding the woman taking notes with wariness. "Then you are friends?" She reached up to stroke the strange markings on her face, narrowing her gaze. "And why would you seek our city? It cannot be that lost that you can't find it." The slender elf then glanced around, noticing all the tools and workers. Fingering the oddly metallic fabric that laced about her bracer, Shara grimaced. "Are we really so lost to the world?"
Shaking her head, she moved to stand beside the male scientist, looking down to meet his eyes. She was a few inches taller than the men, standing near seven feet as she strode up to her new "friends."
"I will answer what I can," she hummed, "If you are here to help us."

Kej felt the same vibrations in the earth that Shara had felt, and he shifted in his prison. What is this? Life? Stirring, he prepared to be released from his crystal. Finally.

Talitha001

Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM

Alana made a few notes on her clipboard and then looked at the girl a moment. She pulled out her tape measurer and began to take a few measurments. She smiled at the girl.

"Sorry bout this but if you could hold still for a few moments. I really need to record everything. Also can you tell us why you were in a crystal in the first place? And maybe a little about your city."

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM

The musty smell of freshly dug into earth curled around Lyla's nose. It was one of her favorite smells. She was listening carefully to the voice of this newcomer, her hand passing slowly over the gem that she had come out of. It was smooth, and on the outside felt like it was strong but the sides were like porcelain, or glass she wasn't positive which and would be easily broken. Again she turned towards the voice this time turning her head as well to look in the direction. It was musical almost how the voice seemed to match how the crystal felt; smooth and flawless, could it be that it was easily cracked to? Lyla didn't think so this woman seemed to be a strong fighter of some kind based on the sound of her movements and how she spoke to everyone. Besides, her first action had been attacking the closest person to her.

Lyla stopped to pull out a small journal, checking the binding to make sure it was the correct direction and than opened up to a bookmarked spot. Her hand slid down the page until she felt the indent of written letters. She pulled out a pen and wrote down her own observations. Pressing her pen into the page on the edge she marked the line she had ended on and closed it again. Her writing was unusually neat for a blind person.

Esmme

Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM

"About my city," Shara repeated, trying not to flick the woman's hands and measurements away. Vague annoyance spread across her features, but she did nothing other than shift uncomfortably. "It's farther down," she said, glancing over at another worker. "Though by the looks of things, it's completely covered." She shuddered then, closing her glowing eyes. "I don't wish to speak of it. Not to humans."
Glancing over to where the second crystal had been found, Shara narrowed her eyes. "It's only us then?" she asked no one in particular. "The last of the elves brought down to dust. Pitiful." The woman's smooth voice was bitter, and her movements became a bit more jerking and sharp. Gritting her teeth, Shara shook her head and looked down at Alana. I wonder if I can get away from these humans to see my city alone. It was then that she made a mental plan to do so. All it would take is time.
"Let me know when Kej has been freed," she said in a low voice, calm once more. Stepping away from Alana, she began to observe the many others. She avoided the rays of sun that cascaded into the cavern, even raising a hand to shield herself from the dull lighting when she stood many feet away. Moving over to where the humans kept their food, she sniffed the air a few times before kneeling and prodding one of the packs.
"May I?" she asked in a nuetral tone, tilting her head in a bird-like motion. Running her tongue over her fangs, the elf sniffed the air again. Shara didn't recognize the smells, but perhaps there was something worth eating in there. . . .

Kej woke before the humans had uncovered his crystal. In a flash of panic, he found it hard to breathe. Strange, how awareness could do that to you. Many of the others had suffered a fate such as this - they had suffocated in malfunctioning crystals.
Placing a hand on the glass-like surface, the elf labored to keep breathing. Help me! White eyes wide, the male tried to calm himself - he was only using more air if he was panicked. He saw a bit of light . . . it came from the part of the prison that the humans had uncovered. Desperately placing his hand on the surface, he pushed gently against it, knowing that he wouldn't be able to break it with the little amount of strength he had.
Dark hair fell in front of his face as he shifted again, feeling the air itself disappear. Am I going to die like this?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Lyla looked at nothing in particular curiously, the movements were different, could it be she was right about the similarities between the crystal and these elves. "May you what?" her voice was gentle and she still wasn't looking directly at anything, in fact, her head was turned so that she could hear further down the tunnel to where Kej was still trapped. She had heard something, and it didn't seem normal. "Derek," she called out, not knowing where he was. " I think we are getting closer, maybe we should speed up a little bit, just be careful."

Last edited by Shadami; 02-25-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Esmme

Old 02-25-2010, 07:35 PM

Shara glanced at the blind girl, narrowing her eyes. A blind human helping with this? They couldn't be trying to harm them . . . could they? "Just . . . the food. It smells different." The elf watched Lyla closely. "I was wondering if I might have some."
Taking one of the packs, she sifted through it, pulling out an apple. Without waiting for permission, she bit into it, happiness blooming across her expression.
"I haven't had one of these in years," she said through a mouthful of food. She swallowed before talking again. "They don't grow down here." Taking another bite, the tall elf sat down on her knees, eagerly finishing the fruit.

((Poor Kej. :XD Sorry for the short post. -_-' ))

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM

Lyra smiled. "Of course you can have some of the food." She pretended not to notice that the elven female had already bitten into an... she breathed in. Lyra was pretty sure it was an apple she was eating. She walked over and crouched pulling out her lunchbag, "here." She held the bag forward, "Maybe there is something in here that you might like."

Her eyes were more silver right than as they seemed to sparkle with her happiness. The musty smell hit her again and she breathed in. Quickly she turned her head as she heard the clang of a picaxe, it sounded like it had hit the crystal itself that time and not just the earth.

(i'm having issues posting long posts today to, so no worries =] )

Esmme

Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM

((:lol: Alright. I'm not alone!! :boogie:))

Shara reached for the bag that Lyra had offered, and was carefully searching through it when she heard the striking of the crystal. Have they uncovered him? The elf apologized to Lyra as she stood and headed over to the spot the others were working, and looked at the crystal with wide eyes. Soon he would be free as well.
Just as Shara was about to turn away she saw movement, and Kej's hand moved to rest against the glass-like surface. Watching it slide down a bit, the elf took a worried breath.
"We need to get him out of there," she said suddenly. "Quickly! Something's wrong with him!"

Kej watched as the light grew, and prayed that whatever was happening, he would be released soon. Gasping for breath, the male leaned against the crystal's wall in desperation, weakly banging on the prison.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Lyra now knew she had heard movement earlier, but it was much more distinct now. She stood, she could not move fast because she did not know this area well enough. She moved towards the sound moving her feet carefully but quickly. Oh, it's times like these I wish I could see. Lyra was pretty helpless right at the moment. "someone get the crystal open! Alana, make sure you're logging this. " She meant that because she couldn't see what was happening. Moving to the wall she slid her hand along the crystal trying to find if there was some kind of weakness that would be able to get it open faster.

(wow.. and i keep forgetting to put the color up... XD )

Last edited by Shadami; 02-25-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Esmme

Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Shara watched as Lyra checked the crystal's surface. "Up a few inches," she hissed quietly, stepping forward and placing a hand on her shoulder. "There's a slight flaw."
Her white eyes followed the blind girl's hands as she moved them over the smooth surface. "To the left." There on the surface was a small crack in the prison's surface. "If you press against it, it will give."

Kej pressed against the crystal when he saw someone's hands on the other side. Though it was a foggy vision, he could see movement on the other side. Pressing his hand against the other silhouette, the elf pressed against the surface eagerly. There was someone out there.
"Please," he breathed, trying to speak without the breath to do so.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 PM

Lyra followed the directions the elf was given and found the flaw, it felt weaker there, definetly. "It's rougher here than any where else, like... a layer has been taken off or something." She pressed gently at first not sure what would happen. Tilting her head slightly she pressed harder and felt almost a ripple as the spot started to give away and her face lit up. She heard a faint whisper. "Did any of you hear that?" It had been so faint she wasn't sure if she was just hearing things.

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 AM

Alana finished and wrote it all down quickly. She watched as the blind newcomer joined and they began to mess with the new crystal. She frowned watching. She took a couple of pictures but did not disturb them.

(sorry kinda had nothing to say >< stupid post)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 AM

Lyra frowned pushing harder on the crystal. come on!she though, break! There's someone in there.She vaguely remembered hearing the name said but she couldn't remember it, she had been listening to other things at that moment, trying to record everything that she could of the dig. the things that she was getting right now she could recite later from memory, which was usually fairly accurate even after a bit of time, she would just need to make sure she recorded it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 03:32 AM

The glass suddenly seemed to give, shattering with the sound of crystal falling to the ground. When the opening was made, Kej tumbled forward - unfortunately collapsing half on Lyra as he did. The elf took gasping breaths, barely able to gulp enough air as he lay still, weakened from the ordeal.
"Th-thank you," the elf stuttered, his breathing quick. Looking up, he saw Shara - at which he frowned - and the blind woman that had freed him. A slight expression of gratitude crossed his face, and Kej let himself lie still - he was far too weak to do much moving. Or course Shara said something about it.
"Don't be so weak," she hissed, prodding his arm with her leg-hugging boot. When Kej merely groaned, she shook her head and moved back to her food.
Kej looked up at Lyra, his white glowing eyes scanning over her face. "Thank you," he repeated when he had the breath to do so. Raising a hand, the elf pressed it to her cheek in thanks - it was cold. That was how the race was - cold-blooded and they lived underground.
The woman's heat made him pull his hand away slightly, and he frowned. "You're warm," he said in surprise. He'd never actually met a human . . . so he wasn't quite sure what to expect.

((:lol: Short posts are the modern fad . . . :XD It's hard to go without them. Shara is able to talk, if you want it. :)))

Talitha001

Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 AM

Alana watched curiously.

"So who is this guy Shara? Is this your mate?"

She walked up to him and looked him over taking notes on his appearance. She lifted him off of Lyra and helped him sit against a rock.

"Hello I am Alana. Are you alright?"

Esmme

Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 AM

"My childhood friend," Shara said with a scoff, taking a bite of some bread she'd found. Seating herself a few feet away, the elven woman watched as Alana moved Kej to the wall. "He's a weakling at heart."

Kej frowned, and nodded to Alana when he was leaning against the wall. "Kej," he introduced himself, touching two fingers to his forehead in greeting. Though he still sounded a bit breathless, he'd be alright. Just shaky for the time being. "I'll be . . fine. Thank you for your concern." The elf’s long hair fell in front of his sharp features as he let his head lower, and Kej looked back over to the blind girl. “What is her name?” he asked in a low voice, looking back to Alana with a curious expression. “The blind girl helped me. I wish to formally thank her.”