maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM

ooc:lol, good thing they are my characters then ^_^

ic: Jake tried to find more clues but there wasn't much. Heading back down the trail, he reluctantly mounted and then, leading Shakespeare, headed to the mission. He knew Mindy's trust of the priest there. If there was any hope of finding her, he would be the one to talk to. Also, keeping Shakespeare nearby just seemed like a good idea.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-21-2012, 11:25 PM

occ: yes it is a good thing.

ic: Jessica loped Bellisario back towards town, planning to stop at the mission and check in on Mindy. She heard hoofbeats and saw Chase galloping toward her. "I got back to the mission after lunch and Mindy was gone," he reported breathlessly. Concern shot through Jessica's nerves and she urged Bellisario into a flat out run, leaving Chase's not as fleet horse in the dust.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 AM

Jake rode at a trot towards town. Crossing through the meadow, he hoped he could sneak Shakespeare in without causing a fuss. Seeing the sheriff riding at top speed on the road towards the mission, his shoulders slumped. No such luck. Well, he would have needed her anyways.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 AM

Jessica leaped off of Bellisario's back before the stallion had even come to a halt. She ran inside, knowing that Chase would follow as soon as he had secured the horses. "Where is she?" She growled at the monk. "Do you WANT her to get killed?" She knew she was being harsher than necessary but her nerves were still on edge from the shooting and the flashbacks.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-24-2012, 01:29 AM

The monk folded her hands and let her storm it out. It was a very monk thing to do. "Done yet?" he asked. It should not have been this bad off for her. Mindy disappearing was not supposed to have happened. However it had and it would be dealt with from here. He heard more hooves and saw Jake step inside. "I followed Mindy like you asked. She was enjoying herself at the waterfall she loves. That place is only known to those who live here or have lived here a long time. I lost her Father. She was sitting at the top, but when I got there she was gone. There was signs of a scuffle. Her wounds are not healed enough for her to fight. I think we are dealing with someone we all know. Someone who lives in town." He held the Father's gaze. Mindy trusted this man. Talked to him about everything. Sometimes he suspected that the Father was more than he seemed. His calmness now only seemed to confirm it.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 AM

Panic shot through Jessica, the emotional wounds from loosing her parents weren't as healed as she had thought. Shoving them to the back of her mind and not dealing with them had come back to haunt her. She turned on Jake, lashing out at him as panic and flashback tried to overtake her. "How could you loose sight of her? You were supposed to be right with her at ALL times unless Chase was with her!"

maidenroseheart

Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 AM

He glared down at her, "Yeah well she was smothered here. She needed time and space by herself. So we let her into the garden and pretended not to see her sneak off on Shakespeare. Controlling her wouldn't make her happy. It was her choice." He started pacing. The Father looked on calmly.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 02:53 AM

"But because of you letting her sneak of she may DIE!" Jessica snapped. "Is that what you WANTED?" Jessica yelled at the monk and Jake. Chase came in at that moment, Monty on his tail. Monty beat Chase to her side, instantly knowing what was going on with the usually rational Jessica. "Osda(Its alright) usti tsiya(little otter)," he murmured, using his nickname for her. "You must be calm," he added, still talking in Cherokee.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-24-2012, 04:15 AM

This is when Father finally spoke himself. "Children. To control another, even in their best interest, is to kill them inside. What good comes from having a friend alive if inside she is dead. Accusations and blame only help the one who has evil intentions. I suggest that we begin again. Monty, will you and Jessica ride to the falls and look for clues? Chase, you and Jake should start carefully looking around town for strange behavior. Check the abandoned farms nearby too. I will be going to some citizens and carefully making inquiries. I will be back in an hour or so. Meet here when you are done. Is this agreeable to everyone?" His gentle voice held only comfort and love. None could guess at the shrewd assassin mind at work behind those gentle eyes.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-24-2012, 04:52 PM

Monty and Chase nodded. "Ihena(let's go)," Monty said, grabbing Jessica's arm and leading her out of the room. She shook her head, shoving the memories and pain out of the way. She and Monty leaped onto their horses and galloped out of town. "Do`hi tsu(How are you)?" Monty called over the pounding of the horses' hooves, once they were out of town. "I'm fine," she yelled back urge Bellisario to go faster.

Chase left the mission, Jake on his heels. The second he stepped outside he began to casually watch people for any strange behavior. The culprit was one of them, but who knows who it was.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM

Jake strolled slowly beside Chase. Who would have a beef against Mindy. With her life in danger, he felt his own emotions for her threatening to spiral. Keeping them in check, he asked, "Any idea who would want to even hurt her?" He knew Mindy best and she was too nice to cause discontent. Before Chase could reply, a distinctly cheerful feminine voice called across to them.

"Jake! Yoohoo! Over here Jake!" They turned and saw the librarian standing happily on the other side of the street. "Jake, come have some tea with me and my daughter won't you. Your friend can come to. We want to thank you for the tutoring you have been doing." She smiled and gently swished her skirts from side to side.

Further behind the men, the Father leaned against the wall of the mission. His hawkeyes missing nothing.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM

Chase watched the interaction between the librarian and Jake. Concern skittered down his spine with a cold chill; the librarian really seemed interested in Jake. "We need to talk," he whispered so that only Jake could here.

Jessica and Monty brought their horses to a halt at the bottom of the waterfall and dismounted. They scrambled up the trail to the top and halted, scanning the land. The culprit had to have come from up here somewhere, otherwise Mindy would have seen his or her approach.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-26-2012, 04:18 AM

Jake glanced at him. Turning back to the librarian, he apologized, "I'm sorry. I will have to take a rain check on that offer. Have a good day ma'am." She frowned at him, but he was already stepping away. Turning to Chase he asked as they continued on, "Talk."

The Father slowly straighten and walked towards the librarian after the two walked away. "Hello ma'am. Beautiful day isn't it? I noticed during the last service you seemed preoccupied. Is something bothering you?" She turned to him startled, then offered a weak smile.

"Father, as usual it is good to see you. No, nothing is bothering me." She turned and headed back to her library and the town house that was attached to it.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 05:58 PM

"She seems infatuated with you and I have noticed how close you and Mindy are. Could she have become jealous of that relationship and decided to get Mindy out of the way, Chase said, half thinking out loud. He watched Jake, wondering how the man would respond.

Jessica and Monty scanned the area above the falls thoroughly. There were no bullet casings so Mindy hadn't been shot again. Then Jessica saw it and her heart plummeted to the ground. Crimson smears on the green grass; Mindy was bleeding again. She swallowed, trying to force back the fear and flashbacks. "Monty ni(look)!" She crooked. Monty's sharp eyes took in her distress and he bounded to her side.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 AM

Jake shook his head. "Infatuated? Naw. She is old enough to be my mother. Besides, I only see her before and after tutoring sessions with her daughter." The idea of her wanting to marry him was flattering, but at the same time not to his tastes.

Behind them, the Father pretended to continue his walk, but kept an eye on the Librarian until she had gone inside. The he slowly started around the block.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Chase let it drop, but he kept that fact in his mind. Love or even infatuation were very powerful things and could cause you to do many stupid things. He kept his eyes open for any one else acting weird.

Monty followed the trail of blood smears for a ways, Jessica right behind him. The trail curved around and began to lead back in the general direction of town before they lost it in a rocky patch. They searched around for more signs of the culprit but finally had to give up. "Let's head back to town and see what the others have," Jessica suggested. Monty nodded and they climbed back onto their horses.

maidenroseheart

Old 09-28-2012, 03:44 PM

Mindy groaned as her gunshot wound slowly bled. Eyes closed, she tried to remember exactly what had happened. Nothing. Just the burning wound and pounding head. The hard, cold floor felt somewhat good for those, but was creating bruises. Or reinforcing the bruises. Opening her eyes, she looked across the dim lit floor at a cracked and rocky wall. Where was she? Confused and dazed, she struggled to sit up. Biting back as pain shot through her, she forced herself into a kneeling position. Gasping for air, Mindy looked around her. A cellar of some kind. The light was filtering in from the top of a tall, narrow staircase. It was rickety enough to belong in a museum. Hearing voices above her, she strained to make out what they were saying. Nothing. It was rubberish to her. Sounded like they were arguing though.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Sorry I let this die, did you want to try and pick it back up or just stick with Earth Reboot? I am about to go post on that one.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 PM

It has been too long. I would have to reread the whole thing and take notes to make sure that there was no conflicts with my new posts with old posts. I honestly can't even remember writing the story, just the title. O_O

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-09-2014, 11:42 PM

That is okay and perfectly fine with me. I just wanted to make sure before I thought it dead in my mind.