Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 11-19-2008, 01:40 AM

Okay, a friend on Gaia and I have RP characters that we are RPing together, and I'd like to get some artwork of them, just for fun.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to draw a god of Plague (this includes lesions, bruises, pox -- the whole nine yards) and a goddess of Science (Imagine a Cold War bombshell, neon bettie page haircut with blue skin that's tinted green like she's radiating).

And this is the scene I'm looking for:
Quote:
I can so imagine the two frolicking blissfully in a meadow, except the 'meadow' is an irradiated wasteland littered with disease-ridden corpses and plumes of smog hanging in the distance.
So, if anyone wants to take this on, please let me know! XD I've got some extra CI sets that I'm willing to part with to have this done, so let's discuss a price! I'm looking for some really nice artwork, so bring it on!

REFERENCES:

Sh'khin, God of Plague

[imgright]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/eliza_bethean/Edelsteine/Shkhin-Unibasulg.gif[/imgright]Name: Sh'khin (Pronounced "She-kin" Also known as Apollo, Jarri, Mikal, Reshef, Ekibiogami, Kukuth, Resef, Gozu-Tenno)

Shkhin was the sixth of the Egyptian plagues.The Shkhin was a kind of skin disease, usually translated as "boils". God commanded Moses and Aaron to each take two handfuls of soot from a furnace, which Moses scattered skyward in Pharaoh's presence. The soot induced festering Shkhin eruptions on Egyptian men and livestock. The Egyptian sorcerers were afflicted along with everyone else, and were unable to heal themselves, much less the rest of Egypt.

Title: The Cantagion

Hair: Black with streaks of green, long

Eyes: The iris is violet, like Iris' eyes, but the whites (sclera) are always bloodshot.

Height: About 5'8"

Weight: About 150 lbs.

Build: Looks much like a female, though has manly parts below the belt. Still has Iris' chest unfortunately.

Distinguishing features:
• Green skin mottled with browns and greens that look much like leisons on the skin.
• Small, reddish locust wings that protrude from his back. Cannot be used for flight.
• Silver stud nose piercing on his left nostril.

Personality: Surprisingly, Sh'khin isn't particularly cruel or out to kill. He finds plague to be a necessary evil to balance the world and to keep the ecosystem from overgrowing itself. He's understanding of his host's misgivings, though he wishes she could see things from his point of view. Very methodical and patient, Sh'khin isn't necessarily a bad guy...Just misunderstood.

Normally, he is calm, methodical and friendly. He likes a schedule -- to eat meals at regular times (especially breakfast), sleep a good 8 hours and actually accomplish something each day, instead of lazing about. He can get stir-crazy at times, antsy. A walk usually solves this, and he heads into the suburbs and city outside of the Pantheon on most days, searching for followers, or for a conversation with a mortal.

He likes mortals quite a bit, finding them varied and unusual. He likes hearing their stories, and feels somehow closely connected to them. He believes this connection comes from his domain and it's ability to affect them so deeply. His relationship with his host has also had a lasting effect on his view of mortals, and he has chosen to keep Iris in the back of his mind forever, as a voice of reason and of humanity. She doesn't seem to mind this, and most of the time, she slumbers quietly. Sometimes though, she can't help but pipe in with her thoughts on certain subjects.

But beneath Sh'khin's cool exterior lies something else... Sh'khin himself is not yet sure what is bubbling beneath, but he feels as if it's his past creeping up on him. He remembers few things about his life in previous ages, but there are a couple of gods who are familar to him -- those he will never forget. The first, and his unrequited love, is the lady of Suffering, whom he recalls being fiercely devoted to in a past incarnation. They were never lovers, but he admired her from afar, taking a role as a close friend and watching as she made decisions he didn't approve of. She is now going to be reborn, into an beautiful elven girl named Adrianne, thanks to Sh'khin's initiative.

The second he remembers, who in this age is named Morpheus, is the god of Dreams. He is Sh'khin's rival, and always has been -- always will be. He was a lover of Suffering, one who Sh'khin did not approve of. In fact, he despised the god and his arrogance. He hurt Her, and Sh'khin could only watch as he broke Her, a shoulder to cry on.

In their first meeting since being reborn, Sh'khin and Morpheus had a tense meeting in a graveyard, where Morpheus almost brought Sh'khin's life to an end again, strangling Iris. Plague's anger rolled out of him during this incident, and ever since, he has not been the entirely pleasant god he once was. The further rebirth of Destruction's children are also fanning flames of cruelty that Sh'khin can't help but ignore. Evil resides somewhere inside him, but he does not yet have control over it.

Background: TBA

Official artwork:

All other images can be found in Sh'khin's Gallery

Dagny, Goddess of Science
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/green_jewel/Eamnonn/Dagny/Dagny_perriminicopy.jpg[/imgleft]Name: Dagny ("new day", norse)
Realm: Science
Height: 5'7"
Build: hourglass, very Marilyn Monroe with some pudge
Skin color: pale green/yellow, may glow a bit
Hair color: dark magenta (phenolphthalein red)
Eye color: Mercury silver
Hair style: Bettie Page: (SFW) 1, 2, 3
Features of note: hands tend to be randomly stained with chemicals, always seems warm
Clothing: Lives with a pair of safety goggles on her head like a headband. Usually in a white labcoat with "Jonny" embroidered over the pocket, with random clothing and sturdy high-heeled boots underneath. Likes to don an ecclectic mix of modern, American/Soviet 50s, and "futuristic" clothing. Always carrying/wearing black gloves.
Wings: ion clouds, yellow and black
Tail: 'devil' tail the same color as her skin. Goes to her ankles when hanging straight down.
Writes In: Magenta

Powers:
-gives off radiation/heat naturally, can control flow somewhat
-can easily see and connect patterns
-can easily see reality/truth, neutralize lies
-good with technology
-control reactions
-split atoms

Weaknesses:
-radiation/heat dangerous to others, especially from hands
-always skeptical/lacks imagination
-has trouble seeing the fantastic the first time, requires exposure
-Rather anti-magic (Cancel out? Vulnerable to?)

History: While she began life looking over the should of natural philosophers and guiding the minds that discovered gravity, vaccumns, and flight (the split with Mathematics was even earlier), Dagny's realm did not aquire its present name for some time. During the 40's and 50's, with its nuclear research and Space Race, science truly came to be worshipped as godlike in the US and Russia, and it is here this deity seems to have had her Golden Age. Her appearance, at least in physical shape, mimics the pinups her followers often had on their calendars, as much because she rather liked the women's attitudes as it got the scientists' attention. Because she blossomed so during this time, she has a somewhat militaristic bent, and can be relentless in her demands on host and mortal alike.

Personality: Dagny is big on proof: a follower of hers that takes her existence on faith is a fool to be cast out. She has a pretty personal relationship with mortals because of this, and has appeared to or influenced anyone who seriously considers her teachings. While she is aware that many people these days have a simple acceptance of the basic scientific principles, this bothers her to no end. How can you believe if you haven't seen, tested, and reviewed? She shoots herself a bit in the foot with this insistence, but she would rather a smaller group who know than a bigger one that assumes.

While always happy with science in its raw form, Dag gets a special amount of glee from the refined and carefully packaged experiment. Science with style and finess is always pleasing to her, as she believes an advancement that is not only important but scores high on the "coolness" factor is more likely to encourage others to explore and discover. A goddess of science, she appreciates advancements for their own sake, even if they may hurt humans on moral or social levels. She doesn't understand qualms against cloning, animal testing, or human experimentation, for example. In the end, she believes all positives far outweigh any damage done along the way.

More Refs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lbyjinjudA.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...an_by_betr.jpg

Last edited by Sizzla; 12-23-2008 at 09:41 PM..

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM

*gives this a legal poke upward*

No one wants to tackle this little project? :lol:

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-01-2008, 08:06 PM

*tackles art work of OC's since no one else will* AH!

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 AM

Hey Lil! I never see you around anymore... How've you been!? :XD

Raze
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Raze

Old 12-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Good luck, Sizzla. your signature is very cute X3

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-03-2008, 03:31 PM

Thanks Raze! :D

Looks like I'm going to need the luck with the amount of people who are interested in this... :lol:

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-03-2008, 04:41 PM

Yeah, I'm trying to get back into the flow of being here
T_T I dont have anyone posting in my artie want thread so your already lucker them me ♥

Raze
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Raze

Old 12-03-2008, 09:59 PM

yeah, because your request is a bit difficult to draw. but there should be some people who can do it, keep going ^^

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-04-2008, 06:07 PM

You know... I could make you plushes of your OC's ^_^ Though thats not what your asking for I made one of Glammy's OC's into a plashie. Made from felt.

You can see it on me blog... I could even sent it to you if you really want... and if I don't fall inlove with it to much though i always do fall inlove with stuff I make >.< I stil learn to let go...
http://lilimslove.blogspot.com/

noofy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 PM

this looks really interesting, i hope you get something nice :)

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 AM

Omg Lil, your plushies are so cute! I'd have them made for all of my OCs! *has a few* Do you take gold/items or do you prefer cash? XD

nooofyyyyy *drools over your artwork* What's up? I hardly ever see you over here.

you wouldn't be interested in drawing them, would you? XP

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM

^_^ I'll take a little of everything hehe
I am a poor artist though and do need some booze money every now and then *giggles*

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 12-05-2008, 12:43 PM

I'm so interested in this - I LOVE the concept, but I'll have to wait until after Christmas or until after I get all my Christmas gift art done. D:

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-05-2008, 01:34 PM

@Lil: Alrighty. XD How much are you charging for them, both in gold and in RL money? *curious* It might be more manageable for me to do cash payment if you'll be sending them to me and whatnot. I'll have to figure out what I can afford. XD

@Navi: WOOOOO! XD Sure, I don't mind waiting. Maybe that'll give me a chance to save up some more. About how much would you charge for something like that? I was thinking a pair of panda/bee slippers for payment -- maybe tack on some of the new CIs too... I think your style would work really well for what I'm looking for. :D

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 PM

That sounds like it could work - what style were you thinking of mine? Painting or Illustrative (outlined)?

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Ooh, I dunno. That's a tough call... I like your Illustrative style quite a bit. ^_^

Let me go look through your DA account. XD
EDIT: Oh man, looking through your DA makes it even more difficult to decide. There are pieces I like a lot in both styles. :sweat: Which one do you think would suit the image more?

And whenever you're ready, I can give you more clothing references and stuff. Sh'khin's outfit is pretty basic: hakama, leather sandals and a jacket similar to a haori jacket -- and he wraps his chest in bandages to smash his boobs down. Dagny likes to look like a pinup/bombshell, so she could be in a party dress and heels, but she's gotta have a lab coat and rubber gloves. XD Sh'khin's gallery has a bunch of refs -- you've just gotta search through it.

Last edited by Sizzla; 12-05-2008 at 02:23 PM..

Navi
Starving Artist

Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 PM

I'll play around with the styles and see what fits it best based on the composition. I love these characters! XD

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-05-2008, 08:13 PM

Excellent! Yeah, whatever you think will work best for the composition. :D

OMG This is so exciting. *dances* My friend Perri will love it (she plays Dagny)!

Feel free to ask any other questions to clarify anything too.

luciole
*^_^*

Old 12-14-2008, 07:48 AM

HOLY CRAP ITS SIZZLA!!!!

noofy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 AM

sorry late reply >x< i'll give it a shot but i probably can't get back to you for awhile!

Squishface
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciole View Post
HOLY CRAP ITS SIZZLA!!!!
OMG WOMAN!?!?! ARE YOU BACK!? :hug: :glomp: :hug:

I've seen you posting around!! *is Siz on her mule*

How the hell have you been? I've missed you!
I've been watching your DA, and drooling over your new work. I'm so impressed with your recent stuff. Beautiful, seriously. :drool:

ooh, noofyyy. Dude, it'd be awesome if you'd give it a shot... :D OR, since Navi has already agreed to do it and we've discussed payment, perhaps you'd rather just draw my character -- the Plague god. :) I'm not sure what kind of payment would be appropriate for a single character. Let me know and I'll see what I can dig up in my inventory. :)

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM

*luffs on Luc some more from her main account* :heart: I hope you come back. XD

luciole
*^_^*

Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Zomg!! Yeahhh I stumbled across this and decided to try a username and requested a password and zomg, it worked! This place has changed so much *_*!!
I've been fine, I missed you too T_T! But I haven't really been active on any avi sites at all. And when I saw your thread I was like ZOMGZOMG!
I'm glad you like my newer works!! <33 I like em too XD But I still have a soft spot for shojo stuff XD!

Lilim
(・・^...

Old 12-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
@Lil: Alrighty. XD How much are you charging for them, both in gold and in RL money? *curious* It might be more manageable for me to do cash payment if you'll be sending them to me and whatnot. I'll have to figure out what I can afford. XD
Sorry lost your thread >_<

You'll be looking around 15dollars in real life but thats also with shipping...
But we can split that into gold/items and then a little cash for shipping and what not... so maybe 8 to 10dollars in cash (paypal) and the rest in gold and items? I don't know... is that like off site trading to ask for real money? Cause I thought of opening up an art auction for this but I was worried it be off site trading cause I'd make the payment go through my etsy....

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch

Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciole View Post
Zomg!! Yeahhh I stumbled across this and decided to try a username and requested a password and zomg, it worked! This place has changed so much *_*!!
I've been fine, I missed you too T_T! But I haven't really been active on any avi sites at all. And when I saw your thread I was like ZOMGZOMG!
I'm glad you like my newer works!! <33 I like em too XD But I still have a soft spot for shojo stuff XD!
Woo! I'm glad you decided to try signing in again! It's so exciting to see you, seriously. :XD Things have changed a LOT since you were here last. A LOT. XP We've been through a few owners: Josh > Lee > Inso, but I think we're on the right track right now. Changes are being made quickly and efficiently and I think you're in store for a lot more changes to come. :D

I'm glad to hear you've been doing well! I was going to say -- I haven't seen you anywhere on Gaia either. I guess sometimes you've just gotta take a break from avatar sites. Especially if RL gets busy. :yes: I've been working here for about a year and a half now, so there's no way I can stay away for long. XP

Yeah, your new stuff is so gorgeous. ESPECIALLY the image in your signature. I love the four ladies picture, but she's my absolute favorite. I also like the sea queen picture -- the lady with the octopus bottom half. I can't remember what it's called, but it's fantastic. XD hehehe. Can't resist the shojo eh? I wouldn't expect you to give it up though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilim View Post
Sorry lost your thread >_<

You'll be looking around 15dollars in real life but thats also with shipping...
But we can split that into gold/items and then a little cash for shipping and what not... so maybe 8 to 10dollars in cash (paypal) and the rest in gold and items? I don't know... is that like off site trading to ask for real money? Cause I thought of opening up an art auction for this but I was worried it be off site trading cause I'd make the payment go through my etsy....
No problem! :D Hummm. Well, seeing as how it's Christmas time and I've yet to buy gifts for anyone, I'm going to have to put off the plushie thing until after the new year, because right now I'm pretty poor and shouldn't be buying stuff for myself. XP But I'll hit you up again when I've got some extra cash and we can work out the details. :D

I wouldn't consider it offsite trading as long as you're sending someone to etsy or dealing with them through PMs or something on an individual basis -- but that'd have to be at request only -- you couldn't do a Mene auction where people have to pay in RL money. The only way you could hold an auction here is to get Menewsha money/items from people. You'd have to host a RL money auction through DA or something like that.