Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 AM

][ Piptik, Poiizu, and my characters are entering a resturant called O'Keeffe's Restaurant and Pub. Okamigirl's character is standing outside somewhere talking to someone. ][

Poiizu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM

{{sorry guys, i might have to go for a while! Just continue without me and I'll jump back in later!}}

As they were entering the restaurant, Crickett's bag starts to vibrate. Reaching inside she pulls out her small silver cellphone. Answering is she turns away from the group. A couple of head "yeah yeah" and head nods later, she closes the flip top of her cell phone and turns back to the group. "Sorry guys, It looks like I can't eat right now. I have to go..It was nice meeting you though! Maybe we can hang out again some time." Crickett gave another shy smile and hurried out the door with a wave.

piptik
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM

{Haha, thanks for bringing her up to speed, Kry. And thanks for joining, too, Maka-chan, it's nice to see someone who isn't intimidated by a myriad of posts XD}
{Ah, thanks for the heads up, Poizzu! ^^}

"Mm?" Tearing his eyes away from the little show taking place upon his palm, Ren turned around to see one of his new-found mates walking out the door. "Where's Cricket going?" he looked up at Kirnix and then back at the entrance from which many people were filling in and lining up behind them.
But before either man or child could get another word in a robust waitress with rosy cheeks and tightly pulled back chocolate curls wiping her hands with the apron that was tied about her hips asked, "How many?" There was something of an accent in her voice, striking in between British and Dutch, though a distinct line defining whether it was one or the other could not be found.
"Four," Ren grinned before correcting himself several times over, saying it was three and then two but then three again. And when he tried to explain his reasoning the waitress laughed. "You'd only think it was two people," he began before showing her Clod who continued to trail in circles, "but really it's three, since of Clod. But he's too small for his own seat, so you only have to find a spot to sit two."
"Well we have a booth, or do you gents want a table?" she asked, shooting a whimsical look at Kirnix, who she figured to be Ren's brother. She finished wiping her hands and smoothed out the now off-white piece of cloth against her pants.

Last edited by piptik; 10-26-2010 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Grammar fail DX

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM

Kirnix had frowned slightly when Crickett excused herself after the phone call, nodding slightly to her and calling softly for her to be careful as she left. When he looked down to Ren he smiled softly at the boy, those lips parted to answer his question just as the waitress approached them. Kirnix couldn't help but chuckle softly at Ren's answer, reaching down to ruffle his hair gently. "A booth will be fine, m'dear." He smiled politely to the waitress.

piptik
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2010, 05:12 AM

"Great, since we don't have any tables. Actually I have no idea why I offered one in the first place!" the waitress laughed cheerily, giving her apron one last pat before turning on her heel and maneuvering skillfully through the congestion of customers and other employees. Ren, whom was short enough to squeeze past even the narrowest of passages, followed easily.
"Here you are," she stopped before a small crescent booth tucked away in the farthest corner of the restaurant which would have been nearly impossible to see behind the crowded tables surrounding booths without her help. Once both Kirnix and Ren were seated, she pulled out a pad of paper from her pocket and pencil from the back of her ear. "What would you gents like to drink, then?"
Ren opened his mouth to answer, but a shout from across the noisy atmosphere cut him off.
"Dorris! We need you in the kitchen!"
"Hold that thought for just a moment, if you would," the waitress smiled before hollering back that she was coming and disappeared behind a single swinging door behind the bar back near the entrance of the restaurant.
Exhaling with a peeved look, Ren didn't bother looking after her. Instead he directed his attention at the young man sitting with him.
"You don't live nearby, do you Kirnix?" he asked, plopping Clod onto the table before folding his hands in his lap and twiddling with his thumbs.

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2010, 05:22 AM

Walking along the sidewalk with Patrick, Sam put both arms behind her head and sighed, looking up at the clear blue sky.
"I'm sorta hungry. Wanna go somewhere?" she asked Patrick, sparing a glance at him before resuming her stupor.
"Sure. I know this good Irish place. Do you want to try that out?" Patrick asked Sam, watching her strangely staring up at the sky. "Sure... hey! Where's Kook?" Sam cried out suddenly, staring at Patrick with her hands cautiously floating near her sides. Then, with a huge screech, Kook appeared, dropping out of the sky, his claws extended. Snapping on thin air, Kook reeled back up, as both Sam and Pat had ducked just before his claws closed on them.
"What's happening?!" yelling, in a desperate attempt to get cover, Sam clung tightly to Will, who looked unimpressed.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Kirnix had chuckled softly at the waitress just before she began to lead them to the booth. He had to dodge this way and that, and skirt around people but he seemed to keep up with the waitress and Ren fairly well without knocking anyone over. With a sigh of relief he sank into the booth. Glad to be out of the crowd. When the waitress asked for drink orders, he decided to let Ren answer first..but then..the waitress was being called away. He blinked. "Very crowded it seems.." He murmered to himself. Watching as Ren put Clod on the table.

Kirnix blinked and looked away for a moment, shivering lightly when Ren asked about him living nearby. "I...kindof....ran away from my home.." He blushed slightly, embarrassed to admit it, probably. "...Something happened, so I decided it would be best if I left...I just left. I didn't tell anyone anything..." He frowned slightly. "I'm sure things will work out though." He smiled softly to Ren.

piptik
*^_^*

Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 AM

"We're the same!" Ren grinned, picking his Rolley Polley from underneath a napkin and stuffing it back into his pocket without looking away from Kirnix. "I didn't tell anyone I was running away either. Not even my sister, which is big because I tell her everything. She's probably wondering where I am now, her and my parents." He trailed off, the jolly which had colored his face visibly dissipating. "It'll work out, I agree with you. But, it gets lonely, doesn't it? And scary, at least at night. How long have you been gone? You look old enough to live on your own," Ren inquired with genuine interest rather than a gossip's pry, which was common with other people.
"Back! Now, did you decide what kind of drinks you'd be wanting?"
That waitress, Dorris, was always disappearing and reappearing at the wrong moments, or at least Ren thought so. She seemed a touch frazzled, out of breath, as she steadied a shaking hand against the pad of paper from before.
"Lemonade, please," Ren answered with a smile.
Dorris nodded, returning the friendly expression. "Lovely," she purred, scribbling the word down before looking up at Kirnix. "And for you?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM

Kirnix watched Ren for a long moment, smiling softly to him. "I suppose I am old enough to live on my own...but it is lonely and I do miss my family.." He frowned for a moment and then shrugged. "Why did you run away, Ren?" It wasn't fair of him to ask that question, because if Ren asked him that same question he probably wouldn't give an honest answer...Then the waitress had returned and he offered her a very polite smile. "A glass of sweet tea, please."

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 10-28-2010, 08:42 PM

Gumi giggled and snuck into into "O'Keeffe's Restaurant and Pub". Gumi thought that she had to sneak into the pub, she didn't know why tho. She looked around and saw a few guys. "Gumi gets to scare someone!" she giggled and ran up to Ren, she put her hands over his eyes and said "BOO! I GOT YOU MR!". She giggled and shook Ren's head.

Last edited by momochan; 10-28-2010 at 08:58 PM..

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-29-2010, 05:24 AM

"I don't know! Just run!" Patrick yelled back, running as fast as he could towards a distant restaurant. Following his lead, Sam kept close to the ground, flinching each time she heard Kook screech.
When they finally made it to the doors of the restaurant, Patrick and Sam burst open, running in and slipping under a table smoothly as Will trotted in calmly, barely missing the swooping eagle and his talons.
"What do we do?! If he tries to come in... NO! I don't even want to think about it!" Sam cried out, clutching at her head and whipping it side to side. In moments, a large shadow was cast over the restaurant as the great eagle, Kook, swooped down low and landed awkwardly in front of the Irish restaurants doors. A loud sound was made as Kook's huge beak tore through the closed doors. Pulling back, he attempted to open his mouth but found them shut tight by the strange contraptions.
"Great! Now's our chance to give him this tranquilizer... dart?" Patrick pulled out an odd sharp pointed stick. But even before he could inspect it, Kook put his beak in between two sturdy oaks, pulling and pulling until the doors were pried from his beak.

piptik
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 AM

"Wonderful, I'll be back with you in a few moments with drinks and some menus," Dorris promised, turning on her heel after jotting Kernix's order and became swallowed up again by the crowd of customers which filled the restaurant in the same manner that fluff would a cheesy romance book. After she was out of sight Ren dared to answer his friend's question.
"It's a long story," he began while twiddling his thumbs once more, a nervous habit apparently, "but I guess the main reason was- Ah! Kirnix, what's going on?" Squealing and hands encompassed the boy as someone, judging by the voice a girl, grabbed hold of his head. But the excitement didn't end there. No, in fact it only escalated as more cries erupted near the entrance of the pub accompanied by the shaking of the ceiling.
Cries grew to shrill screams and howling as people literally climbed over one another in search of an escape route. Their desperation seemed to move the walls themselves, convincing them to help the unknown terror in trapping the innocents and slowly close in. If Clod were able to speak, he would have commented on how thrilling everything was.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 PM

When the ceiling started to shake and the other people started to scream Gumi just giggled. "Yay! People are screaming!...Why are they screaming MR?" She asked Ren. She stopped shaking his head. Gumi turned around and looked at the door. Gumi smiled and started clapping. "There is a giant thing at the door! I want to play with it!!" Gumi jumped up and down and started to giggle once more. She really did want to go play with the giant bird, but she couldn't do that while the bird was blocking the entrance. Gumi frowned "I can't play with the thing...its blocking the doorway! I WANNA PLAY WITH IT!!". She ran to a table and grabbed a chair, then she ran to the door and started poking the bird with the chair. "Stop blocking the door! I can't play with you when your blocking it!!" gumi yelled.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Kirnix moved quick, but not quite as quick as the girl. Already she was at the door, with a chair poking the bird. He had no time to think about that. He reached across the table and scooped Clod into his palm, then stood. Grabbing Ren gently but firmly by the arm he pulled the young boy to his feet, while gently slipping Clod into Ren's shirt pocket. "Get under the table..now.." Kirnix's voice was calm and just a little commanding as he gently pushed Ren under the table without waiting for a reply. "Stay there. Don't move."

He dashed for the girl, darting this way and that through the panicked crowd. Once he reached the girl, he wrested the chair from her grip, picked her up and rushed back to his table. Setting her down on her feet he shoved her gently under the table. "You can't play with that thing..it will probably eat you for dinner. Stay under there and keep Ren company." Again his tone was just a little commanding. Kirnix put himself ontop of the table. Crouching down low. He muttered a few things in what might have actually been elven and a near invisible barrier winked into existance around the table. It would protect them. Kirnix's heart pounded, on the outside though, he was calm and collected. Sharp eyes darting this way and that as he watched the crowd of panicking people. Some had broken windows and were trying to climb out, other's were being trampled. It was a mess, but Kirnix couldn't protect everyone. He would however protect those that he could..being the girl, Ren and Clod, even if Clod was only a bug.

piptik
*^_^*

Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Out of childish pride, Ren would have refused to go under the table but he was slightly disoriented and largely fearful, though he loathed to admit it. In fact, he tried to convince himself just the opposite, that he was here protecting Clod instead of helping Kirnix and was in no way a coward, under the table and clinging the brass poll of it with a shaking arm.
Who's she?- he barely managed to hear his own thoughts as a (half cat?) girl was thrust next to him. He had no idea that this was the same person who had grabbed him earlier, being that because he hadn't seen her until now. It was only a few moments after her appearance that he noticed an almost transparent barrier enclose a small distance around them abruptly. So much was going on, Ren was frazzled.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 PM

Gumi didn't like being dragged under a table by some guy, but she dealt with it. She looked at Ren for a moment. She giggled "You were the guy who I tried to scare! My name is GUMI!!". She smiled and hugged the man, she loved hugging people. She giggled and let go of Ren, then she looked at the door, the bird was still trying to come in. She pointed at it and laughed. "THE BIRD THINGY IS TOO BIG TO FIT IN THE DOOR!! HE LOOKS STUPID!!" she yelled. She laughed for a while then stopped.

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2010, 12:55 AM

When something prodded Kook sharply in his chest, he screeched loudly in protest, almost deafening everyone in the surrounding area. Snapping his beak angrily, he ducked and looked inside of the restaurant, curiously nosing over a table, revealing a very grumpy Patrick. Ever so happy to see one familiar face in this... alien environment, Kook attempted to gently pick Pat up by the collar of his shirt. Yelling, Patrick dodged to the side, barely missing the gargantuan beak as it swooped upon him.
"Sam! Where are you?!" Patrick yelled desperately, tripping on a person who had assumed the fetal position. On a closer inspection, Patrick realized that it was Sam.
"Get your bird under control!" Sam yelled back at him, trying to take cover under a table with three other people as Kook flew to the restaurant roof, now trying to make a hole with his beak.
Sam was glaring at the people inside after she realized entrance was futile, recognizing one of them, a young boy with curly red hair who was about eleven.
"Oh. It's you." Sam pursed her lips at Ren in an undignified manner. Will accompanied Sam, looking nonchalantly at the residents before yawning wide, revealing long, sharp teeth, each ivory white.
"Sam doesn't mean to insult you, Ren. She's just upset at the moment." Will told Ren, licking one of his paws in a very dignified way.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 AM

There was no way anyone or anything would get past the barrier that Kirnix had erected around his and Ren's table. Keeping vigil by crouching atop the table and watching his surroundings, Kirnix could better protect the children under the table. Those eyes narrowed a bit at the female that was trying to get under his table, they narrowed again at the tone of which she spoke to Ren. However, Kirnix said nothing to the female or her talking wolf. He merely watched the ceiling, as now rubble and pieces of it were starting to come crashing down around him while the bird tore at it with it's beak. "That beast, it must be subdued." He murmured it mostly to himself, as if trying to think of a way to calm the giant bird or send it away.

Okamigirl
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 AM

Kook finally was able to make a hole that was sufficient size for him. Rubble poured down as the giant eagle wrestled his giant bulk into the restaurant. Peering with keen eyes into every crevice, Kook searched for the one comfort among such a strange environment. Turning his head at the sound of some disturbance, Kook saw Patrick, who was rubbing his arm with a pained expression on his face.
Screeching with delight, Kook swooped upon Patrick. Cradling him in his wings, Kook made an abnormal gurgling sound deep in his throat towards the boy, a sound Patrick took represented affection.
"It's okay, Kook. After you calm down, everything will be all right." patting Kook's smooth beak, Patrick hummed soothingly to the eagle, who in turn was slowly letting the tension drain from his body.

Last edited by Okamigirl; 11-07-2010 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Word used to often

miyustar11

Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Miyuki walked around swaying her tail.Her ears twitched lightly.She past a few humans along the side walk they all looked at her as if she was crazy.She laugh lightly as they looked at her.Her smile widened after each look.