dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM

I would save it and not spend on anything fun unless i am going out with a friend.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 PM

Saving your money is the best thing you can do with it- Who knows when you'll need that money for an emergency? Which reminds me, I spent too much money this month, I should stop.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM

I would save half of it and take the other half, place it in a sort of "when I want to go do something fund", just in case you find yourself wanting to go somewhere or treat yourself you'll have some money set aside for such things. Sometimes we all need a little pick-me-up, whether that's treating yourself to a meal out, new clothes, or whatever. Having some money set aside for that moment is always convenient.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 06-03-2012, 08:47 PM

So the reason that I always have money is because I don't spend all of it. What a concept, right? Kind of bewilders every other moron out there.

Just put it away for an emergency.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 06-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrus Gambino View Post
Oh, wait, this is in USD, right? Where I'm from 1 USD is approximately 50 pesos. So something like 100 *Insert currency here* never really registers much since you can't buy much with 100 over here.
Ah, that makes sense then.

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertdesiert View Post
I would save it and not spend on anything fun unless i am going out with a friend.
If I had many friends to do that with, I would. ^_^;

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
Which reminds me, I spent too much money this month, I should stop.
lol

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by admonished nonsense View Post
I would save half of it and take the other half, place it in a sort of "when I want to go do something fund", just in case you find yourself wanting to go somewhere or treat yourself you'll have some money set aside for such things. Sometimes we all need a little pick-me-up, whether that's treating yourself to a meal out, new clothes, or whatever. Having some money set aside for that moment is always convenient.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing in the end. Dad wanted a textbook fund so I'm doing that with some of it and then I've lined up a few "me" things. In the end, that brings my weekly fun money down to about $50-60 dollars. I can play with that just fine per week. A lunch here, a breakfast there, maybe a trinket if one catches my eye.

I chastise myself for buying lots of food with my fun money but, really, since I don't buy random stuff it's perfectly fine to buy food. XD

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
So the reason that I always have money is because I don't spend all of it. What a concept, right? Kind of bewilders every other moron out there.

Just put it away for an emergency.
Yuppers

---------- Post added 06-04-2012 at 01:39 PM ----------

So the majority rule seems to be...

SAVE IT!!!

So I shall. I'll save for my big spending in chunks each week, do a random ~$10 treat for myself once a week, and I'll be good to go.

Thanks for your help guys! This is why I love menewsha!! ^_^

And if you have any other advice, I'd be happy to read it.

` Pocky
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 AM

I would buy lunch instead of packing it 3 times that week.
Most of the money I would save for things like a vacation, gifts, a camera, and new clothes.
I definitely wouldn't spend it on random things.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing in the end. Dad wanted a textbook fund so I'm doing that with some of it and then I've lined up a few "me" things. In the end, that brings my weekly fun money down to about $50-60 dollars. I can play with that just fine per week. A lunch here, a breakfast there, maybe a trinket if one catches my eye.

I chastise myself for buying lots of food with my fun money but, really, since I don't buy random stuff it's perfectly fine to buy food. XD
And textbooks are outrageously expensive! It's like highway robbery. I always do manage to get a little bit back through selling on Amazon.

While it's cheaper to eat in treating yourself can be spectacularly rewarding. No worrying about the cooking, the dishes, or even refilling your own glass.

Then sometimes you go crazy and the next thing you know you're buying a new sound system. Oh well, the amplifier comes today.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2012, 02:48 PM

I wish I had that much extra cash. I have basically nothing. :c My money goes on random things that I think I need (but don't), clothes, shoes, nights out, days out, bus fares etc.

Currently I need money to get me down to Glasgow to see Blink on the 20th, I also want new converse (which are expensive), I need to get my friend a birthday present and have money set aside for going out with her on Saturday for her birthday, I need some new t-shirts since the tumble dryer has wrecked most of mine, I need some new jeans as two of mine have died this month and I also would quite like Saints Row the third. Also driving lessons are a large expense that I'm going to have to try and afford come September.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 06-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I wish I had that much extra cash. I have basically nothing. :c My money goes on random things that I think I need (but don't), clothes, shoes, nights out, days out, bus fares etc.

Currently I need money to get me down to Glasgow to see Blink on the 20th, I also want new converse (which are expensive), I need to get my friend a birthday present and have money set aside for going out with her on Saturday for her birthday, I need some new t-shirts since the tumble dryer has wrecked most of mine, I need some new jeans as two of mine have died this month and I also would quite like Saints Row the third. Also driving lessons are a large expense that I'm going to have to try and afford come September.
Wow. That's a long list. ^_^;

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 06-09-2012, 04:09 PM

My life is basically just one long list of expenses haha. Some people in life are meant to be poor and some are meant to be rich, I'm definitely meant to be poor.

Driving lessons will be my top priority though. Though that's not really "fun" money.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 AM

I am trying to save up for a nice trip to Europe. I'm counting my pennies and nickels.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 06-15-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky3 View Post
I am trying to save up for a nice trip to Europe. I'm counting my pennies and nickels.
Yes, yes, counting coins always adds up.